- Greece enters sixth year of recession AFP - 1 hour 41 minutes ago
- China police billions spell profit opportunity AFP - 3 hours ago
- China Spreads Alternative To US GPS System Sky News - 5 hours ago
- Weak yen helps drive Japan earnings, but no cure-all AFP - 5 hours ago
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help Reuters - 6 hours ago
By Satarupa Bhattacharjya and Ross Colvin NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting ...
- Vodafone’s decision time over US partner Verizon Telegraph - 12 hours ago
Ahead of its full-year results, the telecoms group is under pressure to decide the fate of its stake in the Verizon joint venture. Christopher Williams reports .
- Qatar Holding, Italy fund eying Versace - paper Reuters - 14 hours ago
- UK exporters look beyond sluggish EU Telegraph - 16 hours ago
British companies looking to export are opting for fast-growing economies outside the European Union and “side-stepping” the debate on an “in/out” referendum.
- Markets are on a crazy, sugar-fuelled journey Telegraph - 16 hours ago
'When the music stops,” Chuck Prince famously observed back in mid-2007, “things will get complicated”.
- Meet the man who is betting against China Telegraph - 18 hours ago
Carson Block, the founder of Muddy Waters Research, believes that China’s banks hold more toxic assets than Western peers did ahead of the 2008 financial crash .
- Cyber experts fear escalation of attacks Reuters - 18 hours ago
By Ros Krasny WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Cybersecurity professionals know a myriad of ways hackers can try to wreak havoc on critical infrastructure or infiltrate corporations to steal or spy, but it is the ...
- Philip Clarke: Tesco is waging war on food waste, even if it means we sell less Telegraph - 18 hours ago
The retail giant’s CEO, Philip Clarke, says his company is in a unique position to fight the alarming amount of produce lost or thrown away by customers.
- The UK has just had one lost decade, and is about to enter a second Telegraph - 18 hours ago
HSBC’s chief global economist has written a compelling but dark account of the challenges facing the West. Philip Aldrick considers the chilling claims.
- Consumer stocks shine in emerging market gloom Reuters - 21 hours ago
By Sujata Rao LONDON (Reuters) - A broad collapse of company profits in the developing world shows no sign of abating, forcing investors to tilt portfolios towards sectors such as healthcare or consumer ...
- India could face junk status, S&P warns AFP - 23 hours ago
- Three new suicides at Apple supplier's China factory AFP - 23 hours ago
- Markets Weekahead - Sensex risks consolidation; SBI earnings Reuters - 23 hours ago
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex runs the risk of some consolidation after indexes ended at their highest close since November 2010 on Friday. Earnings will be key, with Coal India Ltd (COAL.NS), State ...
- ATM heist: India's IT sector in unwelcome spotlight Reuters - 23 hours ago
By Swati Pandey and Harichandan Arakali MUMBAI/BANGALORE (Reuters) - A breach of security at two payment card processing companies in India that led to heists at cash machines around the world has reopened ...
- India Walmart lobby case 'closed' AFP - 23 hours ago
- S&P warns India could face junk status AFP - Sat, May 18, 2013 10:23 BST
- China April housing inflation quickens to two year high Reuters - Sat, May 18, 2013 09:30 BST
By Xiaoyi Shao and Michael Martina BEIJING (Reuters) - China's housing inflation accelerated to its fastest pace in April in two years, driven by a jump in prices in Beijing and Shanghai, complicating ...
- Exclusive - EU cites Chinese telecoms Huawei and ZTE for trade violations Reuters - Sat, May 18, 2013 08:26 BST
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Europe's top trade official for the first time late on Friday officially cited Chinese mobile telecommunications equipment makers Huawei and ZTE Corp for violating anti-dumping and ...
- Tata Tele (Maharashtra) share sale cancelled Reuters - Sat, May 18, 2013 08:06 BST
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Tata Sons Ltd, the promoter of Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) Ltd (TTML.NS), cancelled a share auction it had launched in the telecommunications carrier on Friday after most bids ...
- Hong Kong launches first electric taxis AFP - Sat, May 18, 2013 07:49 BST
- Three new suicides at Foxconn China factory AFP - Sat, May 18, 2013 07:36 BST
- Amid frenzy over map apps, new focus on 16th century world view Reuters - Sat, May 18, 2013 07:34 BST
By Deborah Zabarenko WASHINGTON (Reuters) - As online titans compete to deliver instant maps to smartphones, the Library of Congress in Washington is focusing attention on an antique "cosmology" ...
- China 'will not accept' carbon tax on EU flights: report AFP - Sat, May 18, 2013 06:10 BST
- Yahoo Japan suspects 22 million IDs stolen AFP - Sat, May 18, 2013 05:20 BST
- US ends freeze on new natural gas exports, approves Texas terminal Reuters - UK Focus - Sat, May 18, 2013 00:02 BST
The Obama administration opened the door to a new era of U.S. energy exports on Friday, approving the first liquefied natural gas project since the start of a heated debate over how best to benefit from ...
- China deal ends distraction, but not questions, for Caterpillar Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 22:26 BST
By James B. Kelleher CHICAGO (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc's (CAT.N) deal to cut the purchase price of a Chinese mining-equipment maker it bought last year ends an embarrassing episode that overshadowed ...
- Syria government supporters hack Financial Times Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 22:04 BST
- U.S. dollar soars, stocks set new highs on Fed QE exit talk Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 21:59 BST
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. dollar soared against major currencies on Friday on growing speculation that the Federal Reserve could soon begin to rein in its bond-buying program and after data showed ...
- U.S. stocks set new highs on Fed QE exit talk Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 21:33 BST
- GLOBAL MARKETS-US dollar soars, stocks set new highs on Fed QE exit talk Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 17, 2013 21:26 BST
The U.S. dollar soared against major currencies on Friday on growing speculation that the Federal Reserve could soon begin to rein in its bond-buying program and after data showed U.S. consumer sentiment ...
- Long USD bets rise to 11-month high in latest week Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 17, 2013 21:12 BST
Currency speculators increased their bets in favor of the U.S. dollar to the highest in 11 months in the latest week, according to data from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission released on Friday. ...