- Rich country investors return home for stable cash income Reuters - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
By Natsuko Waki LONDON (Reuters) - The world's biggest investors may be rethinking 20 years of boosting overseas holdings and are instead seeking more stable cash income at home, as aging societies and ...
- IMF chief avoids charges in French payout scandal AFP - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
- Wall St Week Ahead: Investors look for signs in the rally's break Reuters - 6 hours ago
- US markets turn sober after Japan plunge AFP - 7 hours ago
- IMF's Lagarde escapes formal investigation in court Reuters - 7 hours ago
By Noémie Olive PARIS (Reuters) - French magistrates decided on Friday not to place IMF chief Christine Lagarde under formal investigation over her role in a 285-million-euro arbitration payment made to ...
- IMF chief Christine Lagarde made 'assisted witness' in fraud case Telegraph - 8 hours ago
The head of the International Monetary Fund has been made an "assisted witness" in a case of alleged embezzlement and fraud.
- Co-op could shut bank over £1.8bn black hole Telegraph - 9 hours ago
The Co-op is considering selling or even shutting down its struggling banking business as it looks for ways to fill a capital black hole.
- News Corp approves Murdoch split for June 28 AFP - 9 hours ago
- Chile slaps $16 million fine on Canada mine company AFP - 9 hours ago
- The BBC must learn lessons from Digital Media Initiative fiasco Telegraph - 9 hours ago
It cost £98.4m of licence fee payers’ money and became a five-year folly but the BBC’s new Director General, Lord Hall, has finally put its Digital Media Initiative out of its misery.
- Wall Street posts first weekly loss since mid-April on Fed angst Reuters - 10 hours ago
- US STOCKS-Wall St posts 1st weekly loss since mid-April on Fed angst Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
The S&P 500 declined for a third day on Friday, with the three major U.S. stock indexes posting their first negative week since mid-April on lingering concern that the U.S. central bank may scale back ...
- Chile fines world's largest gold miner for 'serious' environmental violations Telegraph - 10 hours ago
Chile's environmental authorities have fined the world's largest gold miner $16.4m for "serious" violations at its unfinished mine near the border with Argentina.
- IMF chief Lagarde avoids charges in French payout scandal AFP - 10 hours ago
- Yahoo joins growing list of bidders for Hulu: sources Reuters - 10 hours ago
By Ronald Grover and Greg Roumeliotis LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc has submitted a formal proposal to buy Hulu, joining a growing list of bidders for the video service owned by News Corp ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St on track for first losing week since mid-April Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
U.S. stocks mostly declined for a third day on Friday, putting indexes on track for their first negative week since mid-April, on lingering concern that the U.S. central bank may scale back its stimulus ...
- Week ahead: The Fed and Asia still very much on investors' minds Sharecast - 11 hours ago
Next week will get off to a slow start, due to the Spring Bank holiday in the UK and the Memorial Day holiday Stateside, although the macroeconomic data flow will accelerate towards the end of the same, ...
- Analysis - German economy to pick up but fall short of traditional pace Reuters - 12 hours ago
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany's economy will recover from a bout of winter weakness but fall well short of the dynamic growth rates of previous years as euro zone recession and global slowdown stunt exports ...
- New rule tightens Rupert Murdoch's grip on News Corp companies Telegraph - 12 hours ago
Rupert Murdoch will use News Corp's split to tighten his grip on the media empire he founded, by introducing a new rule that makes it difficult for other shareholders to build significant voting stakes ...
- ADR REPORT-ADRs fall as stimulus worry remains Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
U.S.-listed shares of foreign companies declined on Friday, on track for their fourth straight decline, on concerns a tapering program of stimulus measures by the U.S. Federal Reserve may be on the horizon. ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St slips on Fed stimulus uncertainty; P&G jumps Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
U.S. stocks fell for a third day on Friday, putting indexes on track for their first negative week since mid-April, on lingering concern the U.S. central bank may scale back its stimulus measures to support ...
- ITV News Twitter account hacked by Syrian Electronic Army Reuters - 13 hours ago
- IMF chief grilled for second day over French payout scandal AFP - 13 hours ago
- Ally of HK leader investigated in exchange probe Reuters - 13 hours ago
By James Pomfret HONG KONG (Reuters) - The chairman of Hong Kong's Mercantile Exchange is under police investigation, the government said on Friday, as three other men were charged with possessing false ...
- US open: Stocks down, Yen still strengthening Sharecast - 14 hours ago
Better-than-expected economic data; NOAA forecasts active or extremely active hurricane season
- Hedge funds bet on Aussie dollar slide Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Hedge funds hungry for trade ideas after the success of their bets on Japan's recovery have been turning their attention to the Australian dollar, betting the end of the commodities boom will drive down ...
- City firms switching from Tories to UKIP, says Nigel Farage Telegraph - 14 hours ago
UKIP founder Nigel Farage is courting powerful City donors amid increasing anti-Europe sentiment among the UK’s business elite.
- Glencore Xstrata Kicks Off £4bn Mining Sale Sky News - 14 hours ago
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on uncertainty about Fed stimulus Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
U.S. stocks fell for a third day on Friday, putting indexes on track for their first negative week since mid-April, on lingering concern the U.S. central bank may scale back its support to the economy. ...
- P&G CEO switch will not lead to big strategy change - CFO Reuters - 15 hours ago
(Reuters) - Procter & Gamble Co said on Friday the surprise return of A.G. Lafley as chairman and chief executive was not an indication of any bigger problems at the world's largest consumer products maker. ...
- SAP revamps management to focus on cloud computing Reuters - 15 hours ago
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German business software maker SAP said it was revamping its management to sharpen its focus on cloud computing as demand for the service which saves clients money grows. SAP and ...
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals shrinks stake Sharecast - 15 hours ago
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Judge delivers blow to Apple in e-books conspiracy case Telegraph - 15 hours ago
Apple has been dealt a blow in the legal row over whether it fixed the price of ebooks, after a US judge said there was strong evidence that the technology giant was involved in a conspiracy with publishers....
- Vestas says fraud squad investigating ex-finance chief Reuters - 15 hours ago
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - The former chief financial officer of Danish wind turbine maker Vestas Wind Systems A/S (VWS.CO) is being investigated by the country's fraud squad over two agreements he made with ...
- The Men Who Run Carnival Plc Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
Management can make all the difference to a company's success and thus its share price. The best companies are those run by talented and experienced leaders with strong vested interests in the success ...