- Morgan Stanley fixed-income head deRegt retires Reuters - UK Focus - 40 minutes ago
Morgan Stanley's head of fixed income, Ken deRegt, is retiring from the firm, according to internal bank memos obtained by Reuters, after the company sustained a more than 40 percent decline in bond trading ...
- HP records seventh consecutive fall in quarterly revenues Telegraph - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Hewlett-Packard's slump is deepening as the world's largest personal computer maker scrambles to meet the growing demand for more versatile and less expensive mobile devices.
- HP raises 2013 outlook as Whitman's plan takes hold Reuters - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
- Wall Street falters in volatile session on Fed worries Reuters - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
- Stop picking on UK companies, says SSE boss Ian Marchant Telegraph - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Attacks by politicians on British listed companies risk driving money and talent away to unaccountable foreign private equity firms, SSE’s chief executive has claimed.
- China's Lenovo buys and diversifies to outshine PC rivals Reuters - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
By Lee Chyen Yee and Umesh Desai HONG KONG (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd's bold acquisitions in its flagship PC business, a foray into mobile gadgets, and a relatively light debt load are setting it apart ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St falters in volatile session on Fed worries Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday with the S&P 500 posting its biggest decline in three weeks, after minutes from the latest U.S. Federal Reserve meeting showed some officials were open to tapering large-scale ...
- Accenture Completes Acquisition of Fjord, Expanding Digital and Marketing Capabilities Business Wire - 3 hours ago
NEW YORK--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has completed its acquisition of Fjord, a London-based global service design consultancy that specializes in creating wide-ranging digital experiences and ...
- Morrison slides on share placing Telegraph - 5 hours ago
A stake of about 4.4pc was placed at a discount by UBS, weighing on the shares.
- US STOCKS-Wall St declines as FOMC minutes raise concern over Fed tapering Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday with a selloff accelerating in late afternoon trade, after minutes from the latest U.S. Federal Reserve meeting showed some officials were open to tapering large-scale asset ...
- Former Yahoo executive Shashi Seth to head Tribune digital Reuters - 5 hours ago
(Reuters) - Former Yahoo Inc executive Shashi Seth has joined Tribune Co to lead its digital ventures as the newspaper and broadcast company seeks new revenue sources. The company said on Wednesday that ...
- US midday: Bernanke labels jobs market as weak overall Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Stocks rise after Bernanke remarks; In-line existing home sales figures
- Sovereign funds and Chinese bank buy into Russia's VTB Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
The sovereign wealth funds of Qatar, Norway and Azerbaijan and China Construction Bank have bought about 55 percent of the new shares on offer from VTB, Russia's second-largest bank, it said on Wednesday. ...
- Questor share tip: Hold Dignity on special dividend hopes Telegraph - 7 hours ago
Dignity continues with its buy and build strategy. Questor says hold.
- Questor share tip: Compass serves up tasty interims Telegraph - 7 hours ago
Compass is delivering the goods. Questor says hold
- Questor share tip: Bloomsbury strategy should pay off Telegraph - 7 hours ago
Bloomsbury's moves into e-books and academic publishing are sound. Questor keeps a buy.
- Questor share tip: Hold Ryanair for potential cash return Telegraph - 7 hours ago
Ryanair a hold on dividend hopes, Questor says
- Thursday preview: SABMiller reports full-year results Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Beverage giant SABMiller is expected to report a rise in annual revenues Thursday, driven by excise-driven prices increases and its product and geographical mix.
- Results Round-up Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Corporate travel services firm Hogg Robinson reported flat full year profit in what it described as a resilient performance in testing conditions.
- US STOCKS-Wall Street rises as concern eases over Fed tapering Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said the central bank needed to see further signs of traction in the economy before it tapered its stimulus efforts. The head of ...
- London property companies get West End boost Telegraph - 8 hours ago
Shaftesbury and Great Portland Estates see the value of their property portfolios rise over the last year and plans are announced to develop the Shell Centre near the London Eye.
- Manipulation probe draws attention to oil firms' trading desks Reuters - 9 hours ago
LONDON (Reuters) - Europe's energy price manipulation probe has turned regulatory attention to secretive trading units at oil companies with huge turnover and millionaire staff with risk appetite higher ...
- US open: Stocks slightly in the blue ahead of Bernanke Sharecast - 9 hours ago
Wall Street has begun slightly higher this morning.
- Are These The Worst 5 Shares On The FTSE 100? British Sky Broadcasting plc, Antofagasta plc And Man Group plc Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
Picking good stocks is quite an art, but what about bad stocks? For the last few months, I've been working through the FTSE 100, looking for great opportunities. Here are five companies that didn't make ...
- NetApp speeds up share buyback, starts dividend Reuters - 10 hours ago
By Lehar Maan and Sagarika Jaisinghani (Reuters) - Data storage equipment maker NetApp Inc (NTAP.O), under pressure from activist shareholder Elliott Management, said it would spend about $1 billion in ...
- SSE warns of more energy bill rises Telegraph - 10 hours ago
One of the "Big Six" energy firms today warned prices would soon rise again. So should you fix your bills?
- US STOCKS-Wall St opens higher ahead of Bernanke Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Wednesday, ahead of highly anticipated testimony in Congress by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the economy and monetary policy. Bernanke is expected to ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St to rise at open, Bernanke eyed Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
U.S. stocks were set to rise at the open on Wednesday, ahead of highly anticipated testimony in Congress by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the economy and monetary policy. Bernanke is expected ...
- US STOCKS-Futures up ahead of Bernanke testimony Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
U.S. stock index futures rose in thin trading on Wednesday, ahead of highly anticipated Congressional testimony by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the economy and monetary policy. Bernanke is ...
- European stocks drop amid British data, before Fed AFP - 12 hours ago
- Cost-cutting plan bolsters Britvic ahead of merger decision Reuters - 12 hours ago
By Dasha Afanasieva LONDON (Reuters) - British soft drinks maker Britvic (BVIC.L) announced plans on Wednesday to cut costs and expand in India, hoping to strengthen its position in case regulators reject ...
- L&T looks overseas to offset weak home market Reuters - 12 hours ago
- SSE Energy Bills 'Must Rise' As Profits Leap Sky News - 12 hours ago
- C&W grows less confident over sale of Monaco business Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
Cable & Wireless Communications said gaining government approval for the disposal of its Monaco business was proving more problematic than expected, but it had options available if the sale to Bahrain's ...
- AirAsia's profits hit by financing costs Reuters - 12 hours ago
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia's AirAsia Bhd (AIRA.KL), Southeast Asia's biggest budget airline by passenger traffic, posted a 39.23 percent fall in first-quarter profits on Wednesday, hurt mainly by ...