- Morgan Stanley sells oil trading business to Russia's Rosneft Reuters - 8 hours ago
LONDON/MOSCOW (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley (MS) has sold the majority of its global physical oil trading operations to Russian state-run oil major Rosneft (ROSN.ME), becoming the latest Wall Street firm to dispose of a major part of its commodity business. The deal represents a bold move into the U.S. market by Russia's …
- Clearette Electronic Cigarette Company Lifts Full 2014 Revenue Projections and Revises 4th Quarter 2013 Estimates Business Wire - 13 hours ago
- Word Entertainment Partners With Mark Burnett, Roma Downey and Their Production Company LightWorkers Media to Release SON OF GOD: Music Inspired by the Epic Motion Picture on December 26 Marketwired - 13 hours ago
- Cyprus gets next IMF aid installment under bailout Reuters - 13 hours ago
The International Monetary Fund signed off on Friday on Cyprus's progress in meeting the conditions of its bailout program, giving the euro zone country another $114 million. Cyprus has to comply with the conditions of the bailout program to get each installment of the bailout fund over the course of three years. Cyprus …
- BATS 1000 Index Jumps 2.5% This Week Thomson Reuters ONE - 13 hours ago
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - December 20, 2013 - BATS Global Markets, a leading operator of securities markets in the U.S. and Europe, reports the BATS 1000 ® Index (Ticker: BATSK) jumped 508.04 points this week ...
- Deutsche Bank to pay $1.9 billion to settle U.S. mortgage case Reuters - 14 hours ago
FRANKFURT/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank said on Friday it will pay $1.9 billion to settle claims that it defrauded two U.S. government-controlled companies in the sale of mortgage-backed securities before the 2008 financial crisis. The deal, negotiated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, is the second-largest regulatory …
- The Central Europe, Russia and Turkey Fund, Inc., The New Germany Fund, Inc., and The European Equity Fund, Inc. Make Yearly Distribution Announcements Business Wire - 14 hours ago
The Central Europe, Russia and Turkey Fund, Inc. and The New Germany Fund, Inc. each announced today that its Board of Directors declared the distributions set forth below.
- IMF releases loan payment for Cyprus bailout AFP - 14 hours ago
- As Fed tapers, don't count out emerging market currencies Reuters - 14 hours ago
When the Federal Reserve first started talking about cutting its massive stimulus earlier this year, emerging-market currencies went into a tailspin. Throughout the summer, while U.S. equities held relatively steady, riskier foreign markets were crushed, and their currencies battered by talk of a Fed pullback. Now, many …
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week Reuters - 14 hours ago
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Wall Street rallies on GDP data; euro firm after EU downgrade Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
U.S. stocks jumped on Friday after the U.S. government said the economy grew at its briskest pace in nearly two years, while the euro held steady, paring early losses after Standard & Poor's stripped the ...
- Analysis: As Fed tapers, don't count out emerging market currencies Reuters - 14 hours ago
- Wunderman Germany Cracks Top 15 in German Creative Rankings Business Wire - 15 hours ago
In this year’s German Creative Rankings 2013, Wunderman Germany reached its highest position ever: the Frankfurt team leaped nine spots to become Germany’s 13th most creative agency.
- US, EU wrap up third round of free-trade talks AFP - 15 hours ago
- FOREX-Dollar falls from 5-year high vs yen but firm trend seen intact Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
* Dollar supported by higher U.S. Treasury yields * Bank of Japan votes to keep monetary policy loose NEW YORK, Dec 20 (Reuters) - The dollar fell from five-year highs against the yen on Friday as investors consolidated gains this week and pared positions back ahead of the holidays, but the strong trend for the U.S. currency …
- CEO of Green Automotive, Ian Hobday, Reviews 2013 Business Wire - 15 hours ago
Green Automotive Company’s , CEO, Ian Hobday, is highlighting the major achievements of the company in 2013 as the year draws to a close. Green Automotive acquired Newport Coachworks in late 2012 and opened the doors to its factory in February this year.
- BERNINA of America Adds Three New Experts to WeAllSew Marketwired - 16 hours ago
BERNINA of America, the premier manufacturer of sewing, embroidery and quilting machines, is pleased to introduce three new Experts for its WeAllSew blog. IDILVICE, Camille Roskelley, and Amy Smart will ...
- International Minerals Closes Arrangement With Hochschild; Chaparral Gold Conditionally Approved for Listing on TSX Marketwired - 16 hours ago
International Minerals Corporation and Chaparral Gold Corp. announce the closing of the previously-announced transaction by way of a plan of arrangement involving IMZ and Hochschild Mining plc , pursuant ...
- U.S. spat looms with foreign regulators over swap rules Reuters - 16 hours ago
The United States is on a collision course with regulators abroad as it plans to force foreign banks to comply with a host of new rules for risky derivatives, two sources close to the European Union said on Friday. With only one more day to go, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission must also hammer out Memoranda of …
- Cash Crops From Caribbean Agricultural Industry Show Potential of Lucrative 2014 for Domestic and International Supply Chains Marketwired - 16 hours ago
The Caribbean has experienced slow trading activity and growth in export goods since the various economic matters with its several international trading partners in North America and Europe. Signs of changes ...
- Italian MPs back 2014 budget to tackle social crisis AFP - 16 hours ago
- Prada's profit growth slows, Europe still under pressure Reuters - 16 hours ago
HONG KONG/MILAN (Reuters) - Hong Kong-listed Italian luxury fashion house Prada SpA (HKG:1913) reported a lower-than-expected rise in quarterly profits on Friday and warned its European sales might be down on a year ago in the final two months of this year. "We're still waiting for the final data, but there might be a …
- GLOBAL MARKETS-US stocks rally on GDP data; euro steady after EU downgrade Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
* S&P, Dow hit record highs, Nasdaq highest since 2000 * U.S. yield spreads shrink as Fed's taper changes rate view NEW YORK, Dec 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks jumped on Friday after the U.S. government said the economy grew at its briskest pace in nearly two years, while the euro held steady, paring earlier losses after …
- Research and Markets: Retail in Ukraine 2014: Market Analysis & Development Forecasts 2014-2019 Business Wire - 16 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Retail in Ukraine 2014: Market Analysis & Developm
- Fitch Affirms PPG's IDR at 'A-'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - 17 hours ago
Fitch Ratings has affirmed the ratings of PPG Industries, Inc. , including the company's Issuer Default Rating , at 'A-'. The Rating Outlook is Stable. A complete l
- Molex Recognizes TTI Europe with 2013 Global Europe Distributor of the Year Award Business Wire - 17 hours ago
Molex Incorporated today announced the honored recipient of its 2013 Global Europe Distributor of the Year Award. The world’s leading distributor of passive, connector, electromechanical and discrete components, TTI Europe, Inc.
- Spain pushes part-time contracts in bid to create jobs Reuters - 17 hours ago
Spain's centre-right government made rules on part-time jobs more attractive for employers and decreed other labour market reforms on Friday in a fresh bid to reduce the European Union's second-highest jobless rate. Spain is just emerging from five years of economic crisis marked by 26 percent unemployment, just under …
- Cricket holy war on as Anglicans accept Vatican challenge Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
The Church of England on Friday formally took up the Vatican's challenge to settle scores on the cricket pitch nearly 500 years after the two Churches split. Last October, the Vatican formed the St. Peter's Cricket Club, a league composed of teams of priests and seminarians from Catholic colleges and seminaries in Rome. …
- Telecom Italia shareholders reject proposal to remove board Reuters - 17 hours ago
Shareholders of Italy's largest phone group Telecom Italia (MIL:TIT) rejected on Friday a proposal by dissident investor Marco Fossati to oust the entire board, with a majority of 50.3 percent. A 42.3 percent minority was in favour of Fossati's proposal, Telecom Italia's third-biggest shareholder with his 5 percent stake, …
- U.S., UK spies targeted Israeli PM, EU official - Snowden leaks Reuters - 17 hours ago
British and U.S. spies targeted a senior European Union official, German government buildings, and the office of an Israeli prime minister, according to the latest leaked documents from Edward Snowden published on Friday. Snowden has shone a light on widespread surveillance by the NSA and its British counterpart GCHQ, …
- Italian court reverses seizure of Riva steel assets Reuters - 18 hours ago
Italy's top appeals court on Friday reversed a seizure order for assets worth 8.1 billion euros ($11 billion) from the Riva family that owns steel group ILVA, a judicial source said. A judge in the southern city of Taranto ordered the seizure in May in connection with allegations of environmental crimes, but the high court …
- European stocks steadier after Fed rally AFP - 18 hours ago
- Condor Airlines Launching Service To Frankfurt, Germany From Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Business Wire - 18 hours ago
German air carrier Condor has announced it will launch service between Minneapolis-St. Paul International and Frankfurt Airport on a seasonal basis next summer.
- IMF releases 83.5 mn euro loan payment for Cyprus AFP - 18 hours ago
- Research and Markets: MediPoint: Knee Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts Report 2013-2018 Business Wire - 18 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "MediPoint: Knee Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Fore