April 8 (Reuters) - GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* The yen tumbled broadly and Japanese stocks soared on Monday, reflecting high expectations for the Bank of Japan's ambitious stimulus drive, but U.S. weak jobs data weighed on other assets.
* U.S. stocks ended their worst week this year with losses on Friday after a weaker-than-expected jobs report undermined confidence in the economy and first-quarter earnings growth.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Indian Finance Minister P. Chidambaram meets bankers in Mumbai and investors in Chennai.
* The Supreme Court is expected to hear a petition by billionaire Sunil Mittal, chairman of the country's top mobile phone operator Bharti Airtel Ltd, seeking to overturn a lower court order that asked him to appear before the court in a spectrum allocation corruption case
* TVS Motor Co Ltd, India's fourth-biggest motorcycle company by sales holds a press conference in Chennai on Monday, where it is expected to announce a long awaited technology sharing agreement with the motorcycle division of Germany's BMW (Xetra: 519000 - news) . (1500 GMT)
* India central bank governor to meet economists, economic editors for a pre-policy consultation. (0630 GMT)
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH For additional press items double click NOTE: Reuters has not verified third-party stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
DoT may invoke guarantees given by Airtel, writes to banks - PTI in The Hindu http://link.reuters.com/kyq27t Karnataka iron ore output seen reaching 30 mln T - Reuters India's Idea Cellular and unit served $710 mln tax demand-media - Reuters Reliance communications (BSE: RCOM.BO - news) to sell arm to Batelco for 60 bn rupees; more deals in the offing - Times of India http://link.reuters.com/myq27t Coal India (BSE: COALINDIA.BO - news) shelves 36 projects in Maharashtra - Economic Times http://link.reuters.com/pyq27t Iridium to re-enter India with domestic partners; may partner BSNL, MTNL - Business Standard http://link.reuters.com/qyq27t Indian bank (BSE: INDIANB.BO - news) loans up 14.1 pct y/y in two weeks to March 22 - cbank - Reuters KKR to shell out $650 million to buy 90 pct stake in Alliance Tire - Economic Times http://link.reuters.com/ryq27t Apollo Tyres (BSE: APOLLOTYRE.BO - news) plans Greenfield plant in Thailand or Indonesia - Economic Times http://link.reuters.com/syq27t Bilcare tech plans to sell up to 20 pct stake-sources - Economic Times http://link.reuters.com/tyq27t Chennai Petroleum's 33.5 bn rupees expansion plan gets green nod - Business Standard http://link.reuters.com/vyq27t (Reporting By Manoj Rawal)