- New rules to stop annuity rip-offs Telegraph - 14 hours ago
Insurers have pledged a package of measures to help savers exposed to exploitative sales practices when they take an income from their pension funds
- UK insurance industry promises pension annuity reforms Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 17:45 GMT
British pension providers will do more to ensure customers get the best deal when they retire by providing advice and helping them shop around for annuities, the insurance industry's trade body pledged on Monday. The Association of British Insurers (ABI) said it was acting in response to a report last month by the Financial …
- RSA Insurance Group Plc’s Greatest Strengths Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 13:41 GMT
Two standout factors supporting an investment in RSA Insurance Group (LON: RSA) plc
- How Safe Is Your Money In Legal & General Group Plc? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 12:02 GMT
Could Legal & General Group Plc (LON:LGEN) cope with a run of bad luck without cutting its dividend?
- ABB lifts pay for new CEO Spiesshofer by a quarter in 2013 Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 11:55 GMT
ABB paid new chief executive Ulrich Spiesshofer nearly 5.8 million Swiss francs last year, a quarter more than the previous year, according to the industrial conglomerate's annual report. Under Spiesshofer, ...
- The lunch meetings at the heart of the Bank of England forex inquiry Telegraph - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 20:15 GMT
Bank of England to be questioned about foreign market manipulation fears.
- Friday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:55 GMT
AGA Rangemaster: N+1 Singer ups target price from 175p to 192p and maintains a buy recommendation.
- Brightside Group expands insurance partnership with Asda Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:43 GMT
Brightside Group , the AIM-listed insurance broking and financial services group, has ramped up its business partnership with Wal-Mart-owned UK supermarket chain Asda.
- London pre-open: Flat start ahead of US jobs data Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:42 GMT
Flat start for FTSE; US stocks end broadly higher; Focus on US jobs data, quiet day for City
- City Diary: Facebook ups security setting with private police Telegraph - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:00 GMT
Facebook has agreed to pay $200,000 (£120,000) a year for a police officer at its Menlo Park campus.
- Admiral Chairman reduces interest after wife makes share sale Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 16:31 GMT
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- L&G become RBS's landlord in 550 mln stg property deal Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 13:38 GMT
British life insurance and pensions provider Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) has bought a portfolio of 55 properties let to state-backed Royal Bank of Scotland in a 550 million pound ($920.18 million) deal, it said on Thursday. It is predominantly let to RBS (LSE: RBS.L - news) until 2037 and was bought from British …
- Why Balfour Beatty plc, Imagination Technologies Group plc and Legal & General Group Plc Should Lag The FTSE 100 Today Fool.co.uk - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 12:11 GMT
The main FTSE (INDEXFTSE:UKX) fallers are Balfour Beatty (LON BBY), Imagination Technologies Group plc (LON IMG) and Legal & General Group Plc (LON: IMG)
- The Contrary Investment Case: 3 Reasons To Avoid Prudential plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 10:35 GMT
Royston Wild looks at why Prudential plc (LON: PRU) may not be a shrewd investment after all.
- The Government simply isn't helping UK investors Telegraph - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 20:46 GMT
Would-be investors in infrastructure projects require a stable political and regulatory environment
- Political risk is main barrier to investment, says L&G chief Telegraph - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 18:05 GMT
Nigel Wilson rues missed opportunities to invest in vital UK infrastructure despite the world being awash with money from quantitative easing
- Europe close: Stocks mixed as traders weigh euro-area data Sharecast - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 17:06 GMT
Eurozone GDP, PMI, retail sales released; ECB policy meeting looms; EU offers Ukraine bailout
- Weak company updates drag down FTSE 100 index Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 17:00 GMT
Britain's top share index fell again on Wednesday after rebounding from two-week lows in the previous session, with updates from some companies disappointing investors and tensions over Ukraine weighing ...
- Bookies caught cold as Government tackles 'crack cocaine of gambling' Telegraph - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 15:57 GMT
Aswelling political furore around fixed-odds machines, which feature casino games, threatens to reach boiling point
- FTSE 100 movers: Admiral climbs on profit jump, Melrose slumps Sharecast - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 15:16 GMT
Investors cheered an in-line set of full-year results from insurance giant Admiral, as the group increased profits by seven per cent despite revenues falling eight per cent.
- This Week’s Top Blue-Chip Income Buy: Legal & General Group Plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 14:19 GMT
G A Chester rates Legal & General Group Plc (LON:LGEN) a great buy for dividend investors today.
- Why Melrose Industries PLC, SOCO International plc & Unilever Plc Should Lag The FTSE 100 Today Fool.co.uk - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 14:07 GMT
The FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) is down and but Melrose Industries PLC (LON MRO), SOCO International plc (LON SIA) & Unilever Plc (LON: ULVR) are doing even worse.
- Car insurer Admiral's 'baked potato year' Telegraph - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 12:06 GMT
Motor insurance company claims 2013 was a solid year as profits rose but turnover fell
- Britain's FTSE falls on disappointing company updates Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 11:41 GMT
* FTSE index faces technical resistance at 6,835 Engineering turnaround specialist Melrose Industries (Other OTC: MLSPF - news) fell 7 percent, the top decliner on the FTSE 100 index , after warning of challenging market conditions and saying sales growth in 2014 would not be easy to achieve. "Investors are a bit cautious …
- Rich Are Richer Since Crash, Says Top Boss Sky News - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 10:42 GMT
The boss of Britain's biggest pension and insurance provider has told Sky News that the Bank of England's quantitative easing programme has helped the rich at the expense of the less well off. Legal & General (LSE: LGEN.L - news) chief executive Nigel Wilson said: "The less well off haven't done so well with QE, we've …