- London close: Stocks off again, Yen keeps strengthening Sharecast - 11 hours ago
London equities finished lower for a second straight day, with investors being put off by the recent gyrations in the market, although the early close of some US markets ahead of the Memorial Day weekend ...
- FTSE 100 movers: ENRC leads fallers Sharecast - 12 hours ago
Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation (ENRC) was leading the way lower. The company announced Thursday that it has suffered two potential losses of company data.
- Pensions savers could double their tax-free cash Telegraph - 14 hours ago
Couples can use two pension plans to improve on the normal 25pc, reports Richard Evans .
- Buyout Firms Prepare To Battle For Hastings Sky News - Thu, May 23, 2013 19:25 BST
- Wood Group Chairman sells 250,000 shares Sharecast - Thu, May 23, 2013 17:42 BST
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Friday preview: UK mortgage lending figures released Sharecast - Thu, May 23, 2013 17:16 BST
The spotlight will shine on economic data out Friday including mortgage lending figures from the British Bankers' Association (BBA) and US durable goods orders.
- Moody's sees benign outcome of EU insurer guarantee study Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 20:07 BST
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Regulators are expected to go easy on the life insurance industry in the wake of a study by EU insurance watchdog EIOPA on long-term savings guarantees made to life insurance policy ...
- State-backed UK banks gain approval for capital plans Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 22, 2013 18:07 BST
State-backed British lenders Lloyds Banking Group and Royal Bank of Scotland have agreed plans to shore up their capital with the financial regulator, removing a barrier to the government offloading its ...
- Thursday preview: SABMiller reports full-year results Sharecast - Wed, May 22, 2013 17:27 BST
Beverage giant SABMiller is expected to report a rise in annual revenues Thursday, driven by excise-driven prices increases and its product and geographical mix.
- Analysis - Oil saving win-win drives Saudi solar power boom Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 15:05 BST
DUBAI (Reuters) - A slide in solar power costs and a surge in oil prices over the last few years has made solar power a win-win strategy for Saudi Arabia: saving billions of dollars of crude for export ...
- UK wine retailer First Quench in $242 mln pension risk deal Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:25 BST
British alcoholic drinks retailer First Quench is insuring a chunk of its pension liabilities with specialist provider Pension Insurance Corporation, improving retirement benefits for its 1,966 members. ...
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:12 BST
Afferro Mining: Panmure Gordon reduces target price from 279p to 100p, while keeping its buy recommendation.
- Hopes rise for deal on delayed EU insurance rules Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 21, 2013 17:50 BST
The European Union is nearing a deal on long-delayed insurance rules that the bloc has touted as a regulatory benchmark for the world to follow, regulatory and policy officials said. The rules, known as ...
- One in seven to retire without a pension Telegraph - Tue, May 21, 2013 17:43 BST
- Wednesday preview: Beverage giant Britvic reports Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 16:41 BST
Soft drinks producer Britvic will release its second quarter results Wednesday.
- UK Motor Insurer Hastings Plots Stake Sale Sky News - Tue, May 21, 2013 12:06 BST
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 11:37 BST
Antofagasta: Canaccord Genuity reduces target price from 1065p to 1040p, while leaving its hold recommendation unchanged.
- British Land pre-lets London development The Leadenhall Building Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 09:13 BST
British Land has signed a deal to pre-let its London development, The Leadenhall Building, a joint venture with Oxford Properties.
- London close: Footsie closes at 12 year highs Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 18:50 BST
The FTSE 100 managed to close Monday's session moderately higher, albeit at 12 year highs, after rising by 33 points to the 6,756 point mark.
- FTSE 100 movers: RBS makes strong gains on Numis note Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 18:14 BST
Royal Bank of Scotland was in the lead after Numis raised its target price from 308p to 410p, while upgrading the stock to buy.
- Personal Group lands second largest ever deal Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 17:58 BST
Employee benefits provider Personal Group has won the tender to provide its services to the UK railway infrastructure operator Network Rail.
- Week ahead: Investors awaiting UK data deluge Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 17:46 BST
Some economists are fond of reminding clients every now and again that there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
- Monday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 16:07 BST
Alent: Credit Suisse initiates with a target price of 430p and an outperform rating.
- Aviva Plc: The Recovery Starts Here Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 20, 2013 15:30 BST
Long-suffering investors in UK insurance giant Aviva , of which I'm one, will be feeling slightly easier after the market's bullish response to last week's first quarter interim statement. The share price ...
- NSPCC in £63m deal to insure pension risks Telegraph - Mon, May 20, 2013 01:16 BST
One of Britain’s best-known children’s charities has struck a £63m deal to insure the risks on its pension scheme and prevent donations being diverted to retired workers.