- Market overview: TDR Capital sells 22m shares in Phoenix Group Sharecast - 34 minutes ago
1510: Stock of Phoenix Group are down by 4 per cent after TDR Capital
- Bank of England wants opt-out from European bank stress tests Sharecast - 54 minutes ago
Bank of England (BoE) chiefs are trying to gain an opt-out for UK banks from European banking health checks.
- FTSE 100 movers: Miners gain, supermarkets fall Sharecast - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Mining stocks were performing well on Thursday as share prices recovered after a sell-off earlier in the week.
- US unemployment claims drop, data may have been distorted Sharecast - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
Initial unemployment claims for the week ending on November 30th dropped by 23,000 to 298,000, according to the US Department of Labour.
- US pre-open: Stocks steady despite strong claims data Sharecast - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
The main US equity benchmarks are now being called to start the day slightly higher, despite the release of better than expected initial weekly unemployment claims data - which may have been impacted by ...
- Osborne removes tax duty on ETF purchases Sharecast - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
As part of his autumn statement, Chancellor George Osborne has removed stamp duty on investors' purchases of exchange traded funds (ETFs).
- Ensor Holdings blames order delays for lower interim profits Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Delays in orders at recently acquired water industry supplier Technocover forced building and packaging product distributor Ensor Holdings to unveil worse-than-expected half-year profit.
- Broker snap: Numis sees 'increasingly positive' outlook at TUI Travel Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Numis Securities has recommended investors to 'add' to positions in TUI Travel ahead of the tour operator's full-year results next week, saying that the outlook for next summer is 'increasingly positive'....
- Bumi says Roeslani claims he has no obligation to return funds owed Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Bumi has said former director Rosan Roeslani has claimed he has no obligation to meet the terms a June agreement to return 173m in cash and assets he owes to the miner.
- Broker snap: Investec sees upside risk to forecasts at DS Smith Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Investec has upped its target price for DS Smith from 340p to 350p after a better-than-expected first half from the packaging group, saying there is now upside risk to full-year forecasts.
- Spain financing costs hit eight year low in bond auction Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Spain's financing costs dropped to an eight-and-a-half year low in its next-to-last sovereign bond auction this year after an economic recovery led to an improved outlook on its credit rating, as assigned ...
- UK car sales rise in November, SMMT report reveals Sharecast - 4 hours ago
UK car sales rose seven per cent to 159,581 units in November compared to a year earlier, according to data from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) on Thursday.
- Asia: Traders trim positions ahead of US jobs, ECB Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Stocks markets in Asia traded in negative territory on Thursday with shares in Tokyo coming under pressure as the yen strengthened against major currencies.
- Broker snap: Canaccord upgrades AMEC on improving nuclear market Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Canaccord Genuity has raised its rating for engineering and project management group AMEC from 'hold' to 'buy' on the back of its medium-term outlook for the nuclear market.
- Mulberry H1 revenue up but investment hits profit Sharecast - 4 hours ago
Luxury handbag maker Mulberry reported higher UK and international half-year sales but said costs of overseas expansion had hit profit.
- PHSC's half-year turnover rises after acquisitions Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Health and safety training company PHSC reported a 79 per cent rise in first half turnover of 3.94m pounds.
- Thursday tips round-up: Sage, Brewin Dolphin Sharecast - 5 hours ago
On Wednesday software manufacturer Sage reported a 33m pound increase in free cash-flow for the full-year to 417m pounds. This is key as the company likes to return to shareholders. Indeed, the company´s ...
- AZ Electronic Materials rockets after 1.6bn-pound offer from Merck Sharecast - 5 hours ago
AZ Electronic Materials (AZEM) rocketed on Thursday after German drugs and chemicals giant Merck launched a 403.5p-a-share offer for the specialty chemicals firm, a 53 per cent premium to the previous ...
- Growth accelerates at CVS Group Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Veterinary services provider CVS Group provided an encouraging trading update with like-for-like sales growth accelerating.
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - 5 hours ago
BAE Systems: Deutsche Bank takes target price from 415p to 425p keeping a hold recommendation.
- OMG posts full-year loss Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Books full-year loss; Cautiously optimistic as global economy improves; Increases dividend by 14 per cent
- Moody's and IMF praise improvement in Spain's financial sector Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Credit rating agency Moody's Investor Service and International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Christine Lagarde both gave praise to Spain for its government's work on getting the country back on ...
- Conygar Investment forms truck-stop venture with Betfred founder Sharecast - 6 hours ago
AIM-listed property group Conygar Investment Company (CIC) is to develop and operate a truck-stop facility at its site at Holyhead, Anglesey, through a new joint venture.
- Parity lifts full-year guidance Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Improved profitability; Full year EBITDA expected to be 80 per cent higher on last year; Group divided into Parity Professionals and Parity Digital
- Germany drives growth for DS Smith in first half Sharecast - 6 hours ago
H1 revenues up 25 per cent; EPS up 30 per cent; Smiths sees 'substantial' opportunities for growth.
- APR Energy extends international power deals Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Mobile generator supplier APR Energy has renewed power supply deals in Africa and the Caribbean.
- Bowleven reveals progress on oil exploration in Zambia and Kenya Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Africa-focused oil and gas company Bowleven announced on Thursday that it has made headway with exploration in Zambia and Kenya.
- London open: FTSE 100 flat at seven-week low ahead of busy day Sharecast - 6 hours ago
FTSE 100 at lowest level since October 14th; Central bank meetings, Autumn Statement in focus; Investors cautious ahead of jobs report tomorrow.
- Europe open: Stocks fall ahead of ECB and BoE policy meetings Sharecast - 6 hours ago
ECB and BoE expected to keep policy on hold; Osborne delivers Autumn Statement; US data released ahead of FOMC meeting.
- London pre-open: Falls expected ahead of policy decisions, Autumn Statement Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Taper fears continue to erode risk appetite; BoE, ECB in focus ahead of policy decisions; Autumn Statement due out.
- Thursday newspaper round-up: Goldman Sachs, Autumn Statement, Shipping Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Goldman Sachs would "drastically reduce" its activities in London and move large numbers of jobs to Frankfurt and Paris if Britain left the European Union, the bank's co-chief executive in Europe ...
- AG Barr toasts eight per cent interim revenue rise Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Interim revenue improves on strong demand for brands, Revenue up 8.0 per cent, volumes up 6.4 per cent, Confident of meeting full-year targets
- Old Mutual gets green light for acquisition of Faulu Kenya Sharecast - 8 hours ago
Old Mutual is one step closer to completing the acquisition of a majority stake in micro-lender company Faulu Kenya after receiving regulatory approvals.
- Sector movers: Industrials lower as Smiths Group underwhelms Sharecast - 8 hours ago
An underwhelming first-quarter update from Smiths Group meant that the general industrials sector was one of the worst performing categories on Tuesday.
- Market overview: ECB steady on policy rates Sharecast - 14 hours ago
1245: The European Central Bank (ECB) has just announced its decision to maintain its key policy rate unchanged at 0.25 per cent. That was as expected.