- US trade deficit grew slightly in January Sharecast - 22 hours ago
The US trade deficit grew slightly during the month of January, to reach 39.1bn dollars, versus 39bn dollars in the previous month, the US Department of Commerce reported.
- Empyrean's production expected to grow in 2014 Sharecast - 22 hours ago
Onshore oil and gas company Empyrean said it expects to see output and proven reserves grow at year-end with up to 110 new wells in production.
- Copper miners drag on Footsie Sharecast - 23 hours ago
The Footsie is moving lower despite the better-than-expected US jobs data released just an hour ago.
- RBS reveals board changes Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has appointed Morten Friis as a Non-Executive Director effective on April 10th.
- US open: Stocks mixed as investors digest strong jobs report Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Non-farm payrolls rise 175k, ahead of forecasts; Jobless rate rises to 6.7 per cent; Gap sales unexpectedly fall.
- FTSE 250 movers: Shaftesbury leads gains, African Barrick digs lower Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Shaftesbury rose strongly after it yesterday placed 25.25m shares at 620p each raising a total of 156.6m pounds. The group is using the proceeds to fund a property purchase and ongoing redevelopment schemes....
- Market overview: Pearson continues to bounce back Sharecast - 23 hours ago
1448: Shares of Pearson are in the lead on the Footsie after hitting technical support at 1,004 and going very deeply into so-called 'oversold'. However, they remain far below their 200-day moving average....
- London midday: Stocks pare losses as investors await US non-farm payrolls Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Markets await non-farm payrolls; 150k gain expected by analysts, jobless rate to hold steady; Broker comments move stocks amid lack of earnings; Heavyweight miners fall.
- US non farm payrolls increased by 175,000 in February Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 14:33 GMT
US non-farm payrolls (NFP) expanded by 175,000 during the month of February, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported.
- US pre-open: Stock futures little changed after US jobs report Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 13:57 GMT
US stock futures were little changed after the Labor Department revealed employers added more jobs than forecast but the unemployment rate unexpectedly rose.
- John Lewis reduces annual bonus payout to 15 per cent Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 13:47 GMT
Department store John Lewis has lowered its annual bonus rate for employees to 15 per cent after its pension deficit swelled to over one billion pounds in 2013.
- Friday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:55 GMT
AGA Rangemaster: N+1 Singer ups target price from 175p to 192p and maintains a buy recommendation.
- UK inflation expectations fall, rise in Bank rate seen earlier Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:47 GMT
The median expectation for inflation over the coming year in the UK fell to 2.8 per cent in February from 3.6 per cent in November, according to the Bank of England/GfK´s latest quarterly Inflation Attitudes ...
- Tethys Petroleum's first gas well of 2014 a success Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:21 GMT
Tethys Petroleum's shares climbed after the oil and gas company said the first exploration well of its 2014 programme has been successful.
- Barclays lifts Aviva target, but stock 'no longer cheap' Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:17 GMT
Barclays has lifted its target price for insurance group Aviva from 380p to 415p after the company beat expectations with its annual results, though the bank still kept an 'underweight' recommendation ...
- Aggreko beats forecasts but UBS cuts target on FX headwinds Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:10 GMT
Temporary power and temperature control firm Aggreko was pulling back slightly on Friday after strong gains the day before as UBS lowered its price target for the stock on the back of currency movements ...
- Asia: Stocks mixed on US jobs data Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:51 GMT
Asian stocks finished the week on a mixed note as investors weighed a better-than-expected US jobless claims report and awaited today's non-farm payrolls.
- Europe open: Stocks little changed before US non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:41 GMT
US non-farm payrolls in focus; Obama urges Russian diplomacy
- FX round-up: Euro moves higher in ECB´s wake Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:48 GMT
From the earliest hours of the morning foreign exchange markets were coiled like a spring ahead of the European Central Bank´s (ECB) policy meeting and some traders, although perhaps not most, got just ...
- Commodities: US corn export sales surge on Ukraine tensions Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:46 GMT
The latest weekly export data from the US Department of Agriculture revealed an 81% surge in overseas sales during the last week due to escalating tensions in Ukraine - the world´s second largest exporter....
- US Employment Report expected to be lackluster Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:45 GMT
The US Employment Report for the month of February will be published at 13:30 London time today and investors will be evaluating the data for clues on how it might impact on the Federal Reserve's next ...
- Mirada appoints Raul Labrada Neira as Chief Financial Officer Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:43 GMT
Audio-visual specialist Mirada announced the appointment of Labrada Neira as its Chief Financial Officer with immediate effect.
- London open: Stocks slip as investors await US jobs data Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:38 GMT
Markets await non-farm payrolls; 150k gain expected by analysts, jobless rate to hold steady; Lack of corporate earnings; HSBC, Vodafone fall on broker comments.
- Telecom Italia scraps dividend after 2013 loss Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:12 GMT
Telecom Italia decided to cancel its dividend for the first time in its history after reporting a drop in 2013 sales and incurring losses for the year.
- Friday preview: US non-farm payrolls released Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 08:30 GMT
US jobs will be in focus on Friday with the release of the non-farm payrolls report and unemployment rate.
- Ebiquity founders resign, sell shares Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 08:20 GMT
The founders of Ebiquity have resigned from the board of the media and marketing analytics company and sold off a large portion of their stakes, the AIM-listed firm said on Friday.
- Friday newspaper round-up: Forex, Crimea, Barclays Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 08:19 GMT
Robert de Groot, the head of foreign exchange trading at BNP Paribas, was suspended on Thursday. De Groot joined the Bank of England´s chief dealers´ group - a panel on which senior forex traders and Bank ...
- Sula Iron & Gold's annual losses widen Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 08:18 GMT
Sula Iron & Gold widened its annual pre-tax loss to 2m pounds from 0.6m pounds, reflecting an increase in administrative and exploration costs mainly in Sierra Leone.
- Manroy extends offer deadline, again Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 08:03 GMT
Machine gun supplier Manroy has extended the deadline by which both Herstal and Beretta must announce their firm intention to either make or not make an offer for the company.
- Redhall proposes fundraising to recapitalise balance sheet Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 08:03 GMT
Redhall Group has announced plans to raise 7.5m pounds to recapitalise the engineering support service company's balance sheet.
- Support and resistance levels for the main securities Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:50 GMT
Ftse 100: 6,671/6,866; S&P 500: 1,834/1,900; Nikkei: 14,721/15,391.
- Brightside Group expands insurance partnership with Asda Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:43 GMT
Brightside Group , the AIM-listed insurance broking and financial services group, has ramped up its business partnership with Wal-Mart-owned UK supermarket chain Asda.
- Escher Group signs deal with retail chain Just Falafel Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:43 GMT
Escher Group, which provides outsourced, point-of-service software to the postal industry, has signed a contract with international food retail chain, Just Falafel, for the provision of a loyalty, coupon ...
- AGA Rangemaster's revenues rise on improving housing sector Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:43 GMT
AGA Rangemaster's annual revenues rose 2.4 per cent to 250.4m pounds as the oven maker reaped the rewards of an upswing in the housing sector.
- Impellam strengthens education recruitment position with acquisition Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 07:42 GMT
Employment and outsourcing group Impellam is to buy teaching recruitment firm Career Teachers for 22.3m pounds in an effort to strengthen its position in the education market in the UK.