- Indonesia aims for insurance, takaful legislation in 2014 Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
Insurers in Indonesia, Southeast Asia's largest economy, will have to wait until at least next year for a new law that will require the spin-off of their sharia-compliant units, an official at the country's financial regulator told Reuters. The move could reshape Indonesia's Islamic insurance, or takaful, market by spurring …
- Questor share tip: Victrex accelerates in second half Telegraph - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Shares in the British based world leading polymer engineer are well worth watching, says Questor
- Cabot Corporation Launches CAB-O-SIL® CLARUS™ 3160 Fumed Silica for Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) Applications Business Wire - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
Cabot Corporation today announced the launch of CAB-O-SIL® CLARUS™ 3160 fumed silica, a new hydrophilic product for liquid silicone rubber applications. This new
- COLUMN-Investors may be buying BHP, Rio cost-cutting story: Clyde Russell Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
LAUNCESTON, Australia, Dec 11 (Reuters) - It's taken some time but there are signs that the cost-cutting efforts by major commodity producers such as BHP Billiton (NYSE: BBL - news) and Rio Tinto (Xetra: 855018 - news) are starting to convince investors. "My principle aim is to create value and free cash flow," Andrew …
- BHP says U.S. shale business to generate cash by 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
* To focus spending on Australia, US, Trinidad and Tobago * Sees good interest in U.S. Permian shale assets up for sale LONDON, Dec 10 (Reuters) - BHP Billiton (NYSE: BBL - news) , the world's largest miner and a top investor in U.S. onshore oil and gas, said on Tuesday its U.S. shale business should generate cash from …
- Precision Drilling Corporation Announces 2014 Capital Expenditure Plan Marketwired - 8 hours ago
Precision Drilling Corporation Announces 2014 Capital Expenditure Plan
- BHP says has received good interest for U.S. Permian assets Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
BHP Billiton has received bids for the Permian oil and gas acreage it has put up for sale in the United States, and expects to be able to sell them, as it looks to focus on liquids-rich shale acreage in ...
- Miller Energy Resources Reports Second Quarter Results Marketwired - 9 hours ago
Miller Energy Resources, Inc. reported its results today for the second quarter of fiscal 2014, which ended October 31, 2013. Revenues for the quarter were $18.8 million compared to $10.8 million in the ...
- Celanese to Close Two European Manufacturing Facilities Business Wire - 10 hours ago
Celanese Corporation , a global technology and specialty materials company, today announced that the consultation process has been completed by its French subsidiary with their employee delegates in Roussillon, France, and by its Spanish subsidiary with the work council in Tarragona, Spain.
- Delek Logistics Partners, LP to Participate in the Wells Fargo Energy Symposium Business Wire - 10 hours ago
Delek Logistics Partners, LP , a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure, today announced that Uzi Yem
- Delek US Holdings to Participate in the Wells Fargo Energy Symposium Business Wire - 10 hours ago
Delek US Holdings, Inc. today announced that Uzi Yemin, Chairman, President and CEO, and other members of management will participate in the Wells Fargo Energy Symposium
- MarkWest Energy Partners Announces Extension of Open Season for Liberty Ethane Pipeline Business Wire - 11 hours ago
MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. and MarkWest Liberty Ethane Pipeline, L.L.C. , collectively “MarkWest,” has extended the binding open season for the previously announced Liberty Ethane Pipeline until 5:00 p.m.
- Final Megatons to Megawatts Shipment Completes Historic Program Business Wire - 11 hours ago
USEC Inc. today shipped the last cylinders of low enriched uranium under the Megatons to Megawatts program from the Port of Baltimore to its facility in Paducah, Ky. Si
- Matrix Receives Mine Safety and Health Technology Innovations Award Business Wire - 11 hours ago
Matrix Design Group, LLC and Alpha Natural Resources were recently presented with the Mine Safety and Health Technology Innovations Award at the Sentinels of Safety Awards Presentation in Washington, DC.
- Schnitzer to Present at Banc of America Merrill Lynch 2013 US Basic Materials Conference December 11, 2013 – 10:15 a.m. Eastern Business Wire - 12 hours ago
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. President and Chief Executive Officer, Tamara L. Lundgren, will present at the Banc of America Merrill Lynch 2013 US Basic Materials Conference on Wednesday, December 11, 2013.
- Rio Tinto puts off plans for Paraguay aluminum plant Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Giant global mining company Rio Tinto said on Tuesday it postponed studies related to a proposed $4 billion aluminum plant in Paraguay due to bad market conditions, putting what would be the country's biggest-ever foreign investment in jeopardy. The plant would have been Rio Tinto (Xetra: 855018 - news) 's largest worldwide, …
- Capital Link to Host Its 15th Annual Greek Investor Forum in New York City on December 17, 2013 Marketwired - 14 hours ago
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013, in cooperation with the New York Stock Exchange, Capital Link will host its 15th Annual Greek Investor Forum in New York City on the "New Era of Opportunity for Greece."...
- Schlumberger Announces Fourth-Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results Conference Call Business Wire - 16 hours ago
Schlumberger Limited will hold a conference call on January 17, 2014 to discuss the results for the fourth quarter and full year ending December 31, 2013.
- S.Africa's AMCU union wins permission to strike at Lonmin Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
South Africa's Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (AMCU) has been given permission by a government mediator to call a strike over wages against world No. 3 platinum producer Lonmin (LSE: LMI.L - news) , the union said on Tuesday. AMCU spokesman Jimmy Gama said the union would consult its members soon about …
- Wednesday preview: Stagecoach, Imagination Technologies report Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Stagecoach delivers its first half earnings report on Tuesday and is expected to offer up a solid set of results.
- Is BHP Billiton plc Still A Buy After The 2013 FTSE Bull Run? Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
2013 has been the year in which even the most hardened stock market bears have admitted that we're in a five-year bull market -- and it's not over yet. Although the FTSE 100 has slipped back from the five-year high of 6,875 it reached in May, it is still up 8.8% this year, and is 53% higher than it was five years ago. …
- First Quantum delays cost update on Cobre Panama project Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
First Quantum Minerals Ltd (Toronto: FM.TO - news) said on Tuesday the revised capital cost estimate and project schedule for its Cobre Panama copper project in Central America is taking slightly longer than expected and is now only likely to be completed in early 2014. Vancouver-based First Quantum, which bought the …
- S.Africa's AMCU union says has permission to strike against Lonmin Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
South Africa's Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union has been given permission by a government mediator to call a strike over wages against world No. 3 platinum producer Lonmin, the union said ...
- Uralkali's CEO moved to house arrest in Moscow Reuters - 16 hours ago
The head of Russian potash producer Uralkali (URKA.ME), extradited to Russia from Belarus last month, has been moved from a detention center in Moscow to house arrest, the company said on Tuesday. Vladislav Baumgertner was detained in Minsk in August after Uralkali quit Belarus Potash Co, its cartel joint venture with …
- Why Bank of England Boss Mark Carney Should Buy Rio Tinto plc Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
We were told to expect his movie star looks and a penchant for lower interest rates for longer, but I don't remember anyone predicting the Bank of England governor Mark Carney would be such an optimist. Admittedly, it wouldn't be hard to be sunnier than Mervyn King, his predecessor. And in summer 2012 he told MPs the …
- EADS Slammed For Job Cuts Amid Airbus Success Sky News - 17 hours ago
The parent company of Airbus (Paris: NL0000235190 - news) has come under fire over plans to cut 5,800 jobs amid a downturn in defence orders. EADS (TLO: EAD-U.TI - news) was blasted by politicians in France and Germany for the cuts, but its chief executive said that ignoring weak defence and space markets would have put …
- Analysis - Iran a decade or more from becoming major gas exporter Reuters - 17 hours ago
The world's largest gas reserves may tempt some energy companies back to Iran if sanctions are lifted, but Tehran is unlikely to become a significant gas supplier to Europe or Asia for at least a decade. European companies with the technology to fully exploit Iran's vast South Pars field under the Gulf abandoned it in …
- BHP Billiton says onshore U.S. to be self-funding in 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
BHP Billiton (NYSE: BBL - news) , the world's largest miner, said on Tuesday its onshore U.S. oil and gas assets would be self-funding in the 2016 financial year if it hits production targets, generating free cash flow of almost $3 billion in 2020. BHP, which is holding investor presentations on its petroleum business …
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Webcast on ExxonMobil’s 2014 Outlook for Energy Business Wire - 18 hours ago
Media are invited to participate in a webcast regarding ExxonMobil’s 2014 Outlook for Energy: A View to 2040 on Thursday, December 12, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST.
- Praxair Starts Up Carbon Dioxide Purification Facility in Hopewell, Virginia Business Wire - 18 hours ago
Praxair, Inc. announced the start-up of its new carbon dioxide purification facility at the Honeywell Resins & Chemicals site in Hopewell, VA. Under a long-term agreement, Praxair will purchase CO2 from Honeywell Resins & Chemicals, one of the world’s largest producers of nylon resin and caprolactam, a critical feedstock …
- Tombstone Exploration Corporation Acquires 26% Interest in EuroGas AG of Switzerland Marketwired - 18 hours ago
Tombstone Exploration Corporation , announced today a strategic Corporate and Financing Investment that will include the acquisition of a 26% interest in EuroGas AG of Zurich, Switzerland, an international ...
- Direct Global Media Initiates Coverage on Wind Works Power Corp. (WWPW), a Wind Power Company, Detailed Research Report to Be Released Soon Marketwired - 18 hours ago
Direct Global Media gives shareholders valuable insight on their feature Green Energy technology company, Wind Works Power Corp. .
- CORRECTING and REPLACING USEC Achieves American Centrifuge RD&D Milestones Business Wire - 18 hours ago
Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
- IFF Declares Dividend for Fourth Quarter 2013 Business Wire - 18 hours ago
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. , a leading global creator of flavors and fragrances for consumer products, announced that its Board of Directors has declared
- PEDEVCO Corp. Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock Marketwired - 18 hours ago
PEDEVCO Corp. , an energy company engaged in the acquisition and development of strategic high-value energy projects in the U.S. and Asia, announced today the pricing of its previously announced underwritten ...