- EU mergers and takeovers (March 11) Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- Rio Tinto's sale of its majority stake in Australia's third-largest ...
- Time to mourn Mr Kipling's 'exceedingly good' slogan? Telegraph - 9 hours ago
As the cake brand’s famous catchphrase faces a revamp, we ask what it is that makes for an unforgettable slogan
- Why Diageo plc Is A Top ISA Buy Fool.co.uk - 13 hours ago
This ISA season, you should consider adding some shares in Diageo plc (LON:DGE).
- Why The FTSE 100 Is A Top ISA Buy Fool.co.uk - 13 hours ago
You should consider the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) for your ISA.
- Why SABMiller plc Is A Top ISA Buy Fool.co.uk - 13 hours ago
Why should SABMiller plc (LON:SAB) warrant a segment of your ISA allocation this year?
- Market report: BAT rises on deal hopes Telegraph - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 19:00 GMT
BAT shares boosted by hopes it will take full control of Reynolds American
- London close: Miners drag as Chinese data weighs sentiment Sharecast - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 17:00 GMT
- FTSE closes down 23.22 at 6,689.45
- Chiquita and Fyffes join to make world's biggest banana firm Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 16:56 GMT
U.S. fruit firm Chiquita Brands and Irish rival Fyffes, Europe's largest distributor, have struck an all-stock deal to create the world's biggest banana supplier. With the $526 million tie-up, the new ...
- AMEC's CFO joins Britvic's board Sharecast - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 14:57 GMT
Britvic has appointed AMEC's Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ian McHoul to its board as a Non-Executive Director with immediate effect.
- Trackers funds are more exposed to house price 'bubble' Telegraph - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 11:29 GMT
Investors who hold FTSE 100 tracker funds will be taking a bigger bet on Britain's housing market later this month when housebuilder Barratt Developments is promoted to the index
- Week ahead: Chinese data and MPC back in focus Sharecast - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 11:06 GMT
The coming week will see a shift towards Asia in terms of the most potentially market moving data and events. Thus, Thursday will bring with it a raft of Chinese data, including the latest figures on industrial ...
- Be inspired by risk, HSBC's Blyth tells female financiers Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 09:17 GMT
A bee sting nearly killed Natalie Blyth in 2012 but the HSBC investment banker didn't take fright from the experience - she took inspiration from it. Blyth (NYSE: BTH - news) is one of the highest ranking female bankers at HSBC.
- Diageo Plc’s 2 Greatest Weaknesses Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 10, 2014 08:32 GMT
Two standout factors undermining an investment in Diageo plc (LON:DGE).
- Mr Kipling's 'exceedingly good' slogan could disappear Telegraph - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 20:33 GMT
Chief executive Gavin Darby plans new marketing push
- Week ahead in business and economics: March 10 - 14 Telegraph - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 17:08 GMT
= Morrisons investors look for cheer = After a disappointing Christmas, investors will be looking to Dalton Philips, chief executive of Wm Morrison , for some better news on Thursday. Like-for-like sales ...
- Friday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:55 GMT
AGA Rangemaster: N+1 Singer ups target price from 175p to 192p and maintains a buy recommendation.
- 3 FTSE Shares You Should Have Bought Last Week: Aviva plc, Barratt Developments Plc and Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:11 GMT
Aviva plc (LON: AV), Barratt Developments Plc (LON: BDEV), Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (LON: HIK) gained against the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) this week.
- Is Diageo plc Dependent On Debt? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:56 GMT
Are debt levels at Diageo plc (LON: DGE) becoming unaffordable and detrimental to the company's future prospects?
- Market report: Shire stalls amid analyst caution Telegraph - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 19:23 GMT
The pharmaceuticals group hit a record high earlier this week, but fell back on Thursday
- Thursday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 17:07 GMT
Advanced Medical Solutions: Investec ups target price from 97p to 121p and keeps a buy recommendation.
- FTSE 250 movers: Perform retreats after recent gains Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 14:42 GMT
Perform Group was retreating from recent gains which followed its full-year results, which saw the sports media group surge on turnaround hopes after a seven per cent fall in earnings per share in 2013....
- The FTSE 100 Spring Reshuffle: Barratt Developments Plc, St. James’s Place plc, Tate & Lyle PLC and AMEC plc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 10:45 GMT
Barratt Developments Plc (LON:BDEV) and St. James's Place plc (LON:STJ) join the UK's leading index. Tate & Lyle PLC (LON:TATE) and AMEC plc (LON:AMEC) depart.
- St. James's Place, Barratt Developments to join FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 19:08 GMT
* St. James's Place, Barratt to join FTSE 100 * Tate & Lyle (LSE: TATE.L - news) , Amec (Other OTC: AMCBF - news) to slip to FTSE 250 index LONDON, March 5 (Reuters) - Wealth manager St. James's Place and housebuilder Barratt Developments (LSE: BDEV.L - news) will be promoted to the blue-chip index of top British companies …
- EU mergers and takeovers (March 5) Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 18:40 GMT
The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process: APPROVALS AND WITHDRAWALS -- French insurer Predica, which is a subsidiary of French bank Credit ...
- Wednesday broker round-up Sharecast - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 10:12 GMT
African Barrick Gold: Nomura raises target price from 270p to 350p keeping its buy recommendation.
- Premier Foods bonds rated junk amid £1bn refinancing Telegraph - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 06:35 GMT
Food group seeks to reduce debts built up in pre credit crisis acquisition binge
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 00:35 GMT
Abcam: Investec reduces target price from 552p to 480p and reiterates its buy recommendation. Numis upgrades from hold to buy with a target price 510p.
- Market report: Royal Mail misses out as FTSE jumps Telegraph - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 19:22 GMT
The postal services group was unchanged while the benchmark index surged 1.7pc
- Market overview: FTSE closes up 115 at 6,824 Sharecast - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 16:52 GMT
1630: Close UK stocks soared back into positive territory in today's session, erasing all of yesterday's losses after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered forces to return to their bases, calming the ...
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 13:00 GMT
Abcam: Numis cuts target price from 560p to 510p downgrading from add to hold.
- Devro to trim sausage skin output as appetite fades Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 12:28 GMT
Devro Plc will cut production of its sausage casings this year and run down inventories to match dwindling appetite for British breakfast bangers and pepperoni. Devro's stock fell as much as 11.5 percent, ...
- The Contrary Investment Case: 3 Reasons To Ditch SABMiller plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 12:01 GMT
Royston Wild looks at why SABMiller plc (LON: SAB) could be poised to dip.
- Why Fresnillo Plc, Premier Foods Plc And Devro plc Should Lag The FTSE 100 Today Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 11:41 GMT
Fresnilo Plc (LON: FRES), Premier Foods Plc (LON: PFD) and Devro plc (LON: DVO) are some of the FTSE shares being crushed right now.
- Devro's annual results hurt by weak demand for sausage casings Sharecast - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 11:07 GMT
Devro's annual revenue was broadly flat, reflecting weak demand for its sausage skins.
- Premier Foods unveils $1.9 bln refinancing plan Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 4, 2014 10:29 GMT
Britain's Premier Foods (LSE: PFD.L - news) announced a 1.13 billion pound ($1.89 billion) refinancing plan on Tuesday as part of an ongoing restructuring aimed at reducing its debts and reviving the business. In January, Premier Foods said it would hand control of its struggling Hovis bread business to U.S. investment …