- London close: Stocks off again, Yen keeps strengthening Sharecast - 2 hours 2 minutes ago
London equities finished lower for a second straight day, with investors being put off by the recent gyrations in the market, although the early close of some US markets ahead of the Memorial Day weekend ...
- US open: Stocks down, Yen still strengthening Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Better-than-expected economic data; NOAA forecasts active or extremely active hurricane season
- FTSE 100 movers: ENRC leads fallers Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation (ENRC) was leading the way lower. The company announced Thursday that it has suffered two potential losses of company data.
- Sector movers: Defensives thrive as investors scale back risk Sharecast - 3 hours ago
With market sentiment still fragile following the heavy sell-off of the past two days, defensive sectors were thriving on Friday as investors refrained from taking risk ahead of the long weekend.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals shrinks stake Sharecast - 4 hours ago
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- The Men Who Run ARM Holdings Plc Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Management can make all the difference to a company's success and thus its share price. The best companies are those run by talented and experienced leaders with strong vested interests in the success ...
- London midday: Markets fall as caution sets in Sharecast - 19 hours ago
Mining and banking stocks were weighing on the FTSE 100 on Friday morning as the index extended losses following yesterday's dramatic sell-off.
- U.S. sees first drop in F-35 costs; other programs steady Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
The Pentagon on Thursday told Congress it expected a 1 percent drop in the cost of its biggest weapons program, the Lockheed Martin Corp. F-35 fighter jet, while averting the huge cost increases seen on ...
- Errors in cloning study cast doubt on publication process Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
A headline-making paper last week announcing that scientists had, for the first time, cloned human embryos and harvested stem cells from them contains minor errors, the authors acknowledged on Thursday. ...
- Pentagon sees slight drop in F-35 acquisition costs -sources Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 23, 2013 19:39 BST
The Pentagon's annual report to Congress shows a decline of $4.5 billion or just over 1 percent in the projected development and acquisition cost of the Lockheed Martin Corp F-35 fighter jet program, sources ...
- Elan rejects Royalty's $6.4 bln raised offer Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 23, 2013 18:22 BST
Elan rejected Royalty Pharma's increased $6.4 billion bid on Thursday, shortly after the U.S. firm cut the acceptance bar for its latest offer to 50 percent plus one share. Royalty raised its hostile cash ...
- US open: Stocks bounce back Sharecast - Thu, May 23, 2013 16:26 BST
Better than expected economic data, Stocks bounce back after initial drop lower
- Pfizer takes its shot at a vaccine for evasive superbug Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:59 BST
Kathrin Jansen is a microbiologist with at least two breakthrough vaccines to her name: she brought the cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil to market for Merck and helped develop the $4 billion a year pneumonia ...
- GSK flu shot may raise adult narcolepsy risk -Finnish scientists Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:52 BST
GlaxoSmithKline Plc's H1N1 pandemic flu shot may put adults at higher risk of developing narcolepsy, not only children as previous studies found, Finland's National Institute for Health and Welfare said ...
- US midday: Bernanke labels jobs market as weak overall Sharecast - Wed, May 22, 2013 19:12 BST
Stocks rise after Bernanke remarks; In-line existing home sales figures
- Thursday preview: SABMiller reports full-year results Sharecast - Wed, May 22, 2013 17:27 BST
Beverage giant SABMiller is expected to report a rise in annual revenues Thursday, driven by excise-driven prices increases and its product and geographical mix.
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:12 BST
Afferro Mining: Panmure Gordon reduces target price from 279p to 100p, while keeping its buy recommendation.
- Immune system cancer drugs tipped to be a $35 bln market Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 22, 2013 10:33 BST
A new wave of medicines that tap the power of the immune system to fight cancer could become the biggest drug class in history, with potential sales of $35 billion a year. That bullish sales forecast by ...
- US midday: Fed officials adopt moderately dovish tone Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 19:33 BST
Motion to separate President and CEO roles at JP Morgan defeated; Bullard (Fed): to do nothing risks deflation; Bullard (Fed): central bank should adjust purchases as data comes in; Dudley (Fed): At some ...
- US open: Jamie Dimon holds on to both top slots at JP Morgan Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 19:25 BST
Motion to separate President and CEO roles at JP Morgan defeated; Bullard (Fed): to do nothing risks deflation; Bullard (Fed): central bank should adjust purchases as data comes in
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals non-exec sells 5,700 shares Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 17:50 BST
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- London open: Markets hold on to 12-year highs Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 10:20 BST
Markets were trading within a narrow range on Tuesday morning after finishing at 12-year highs the day before, as traders consider how much further the impressive year-to-date rally has to go.
- Royalty raises Elan bid, issues ultimatum to shareholders Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 20, 2013 20:27 BST
Royalty Pharma raised its hostile bid for Elan to $12.50 per share and threatened to withdraw the bid if Elan shareholders approve a series of defensive transactions announced by the Irish drug firm. Royalty ...
- US midday: Oil turns around to trade higher Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 19:27 BST
Most indebted companies' stock rallying hardest-Bbg, Heavy M&A news-flow
- US open: Where are US companies' profits coming from? FT asks Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 19:05 BST
Most indebted companies' stock rallyig hardest; Heavy M&A news-flow
- Royalty ups Elan bid and issues shareholder ultimatum Reuters - Mon, May 20, 2013 18:51 BST
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Royalty Pharma raised its hostile bid for Elan to $12.50 (8.20 pounds) per share and heaped pressure on shareholders, saying it will withdraw the bid if they approve a series of defensive ...
- London close: Footsie closes at 12 year highs Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 18:50 BST
The FTSE 100 managed to close Monday's session moderately higher, albeit at 12 year highs, after rising by 33 points to the 6,756 point mark.
- Week ahead: Investors awaiting UK data deluge Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 17:46 BST
Some economists are fond of reminding clients every now and again that there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
- XenoPort to drop multiple sclerosis drug, shares fall Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 20, 2013 17:25 BST
XenoPort Inc said it would stop development of an experimental multiple sclerosis treatment it planned to launch in 2015 after a late-stage trial failed to show significant improvement over a placebo. ...
- 3 Neil Woodford High-Yield Shares: AstraZeneca plc, BAE Systems plc And SSE PLC Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 20, 2013 16:50 BST
Ace City investor Neil Woodford has thrashed the FTSE 100 over the last five, 10 and 15 years. Hence, I always keep an eye on his holdings for promising investment ideas. Woodford is very selective in ...
- Tuesday preview: M&S and Vodafone report Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 16:41 BST
Marks & Spencer (M&S) and Vodafone are expected to make waves Tuesday when they release their full-year results.
- AstraZeneca closes in on site for new home in Cambridge Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 20, 2013 15:23 BST
AstraZeneca is closing in on a site for its new $500 million home in Cambridge, with a biomedical park just south of the English city the most likely site, property industry sources said. Moving research ...
- What Are The City's Expectations For GlaxoSmithKline Plc's Profits? Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 20, 2013 15:15 BST
When weighing up a potential investment, it's useful to look forward rather than backwards. If you buy a stake in a business, it's the future profits that count -- and the stock market will value your ...
- Elan strikes more deals to repel Royalty bid Reuters - Mon, May 20, 2013 10:24 BST
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Elan announced its second major drug deal inside a week on Monday and said it would buy back more shares as it continues to bat against a $5.7 billion (3.7 billion pounds) takeover bid ...
- Elan strikes more deals, agrees second share buyback Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, May 20, 2013 07:22 BST
Irish drug firm Elan agreed on Monday to buy two private drug firms, spin-off its one experimental drug and buy back more shares to give a firmer idea of how the company will be reconfigured as shareholders ...