- US midday: Stocks drift lower ahead of Beige book Sharecast - 8 hours ago
- Stronger than expected ADP payrolls numbers
- London close: Equities waver as long-term yields rise Sharecast - 8 hours ago
ADP employment report surprises to the upside, Traders brace for Friday's US jobs report, Sage races ahead
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-UK small caps close up 0.1 pct, AIM lags Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
The FTSE small cap index closes up 0.1 percent while junior-listed AIM shares fall 0.3 percent, in-line with the drop on the blue chips . Progility rises 29.9 percent in volume nearly 24 times its 90 day ...
- Can AstraZeneca plc's Share Price Return To 3,625p? Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
Right now I'm looking at some of the most popular companies in the FTSE 100 to try and establish whether or not they have the potential to return to historic highs. Today I'm looking at AstraZeneca (EUREX: AZNF.EX - news) to ascertain if its share price can return to 3,625p. First (Other OTC: FSTC - news) of all, we …
- US close: Markets drop on tapering concerns Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Dow Jones drops below 16,000; Risk appetite weakens on tapering concerns; Investors look ahead to Friday's jobs report
- London midday: Investors brace for upcoming US data releases Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 00:25 GMT
- Fed Beige Book and US ISM services figures ahead
- AstraZeneca awarded $76 million from Apotex for Prilosec generic Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 18:45 GMT
A U.S. federal judge has awarded AstraZeneca Plc (NYSE: AZN - news) $76 million in damages from generic drug manufacturer Apotex for infringing upon patents for AstraZeneca's blockbuster heartburn drug, Prilosec, between 2003 and 2007. Following a two-week non-jury trial, U.S. District Judge Denise Cote in New York said …
- OncoMed stock doubles after cancer drug deal with Celgene Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 16:58 GMT
* OncoMed to get upfront payments of $177.25 mln * Celgene (Munich: CG3.MU - news) to take 5 pct stake in OncoMed Dec 3 (Reuters) - Shares of OncoMed Pharmaceuticals Inc (NasdaqGS: OMED - news) more than doubled on Tuesday after the biotechnology company said Celgene Corp would help it develop and market six of its experimental …
- Farm health business to float with £100m value Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 16:50 GMT
Supplier to Marks & Spencer and McDonald's will create multi-millionaires of its founders when it floats on Aim
- Drug companies still struggling to improve R&D returns Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 00:01 GMT
The number of new drugs approved for sale by regulators may be rising but manufacturers are still struggling to get a decent bang for their research buck, according to a report on Tuesday. The global pharmaceuticals ...
- Sareum Holdings does cancer drug deal in China Sharecast - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 14:37 GMT
Cancer drug developer Sareum Holdings has signed a deal with a Chinese medical university to progress its Aurora+FLT3 cancer programme.
- Is GlaxoSmithKline plc Set For Electrifying Earnings Growth In 2014? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 13:50 GMT
A common theme striking big-cap pharma plays such as GlaxoSmithKline (Berlin: GS7.BE - news) has been the widescale loss of patent on key products, a scenario that has weighed significantly on revenues in recent times. Although this is likely to remain a major issue far into the future, in my opinion GlaxoSmithKline (Other …
- Week ahead: Beige Book and US non-farm payrolls due Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 16:04 GMT
Everything has its price or so some like to say. In any case, traders will return to their desks come Monday, following a rather calm week of trading, to find themselves facing a very busy economic calendar....
- Contract volatility erodes Creston profit Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 11:46 GMT
Profit hit by client contract volatility; Well placed for future trading; Increases dividend 20 per cent
- London open: Miners lift FTSE 100 higher early on Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 09:19 GMT
Trading volumes to pick up later on, says analyst; UK consumer confidence falls again; Miners gain; housebuilders extend losses.
- Why I Hate GlaxoSmithKline plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 09:10 GMT
It is a thin line between love and hate, and there are times when I have crossed it with my stake in GlaxoSmithKline (Other OTC: GLAXF - news) . In that time, Glaxo has grown just 51%. Has Glaxo got what it takes to turn this round?
- MARKET EYE-India's Jubilant Life surges after approval for key drug Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 05:13 GMT
* Shares in India's Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd surge 7.5 percent after the company said it got approval from the U.S. drug regulators for a generic version of AstraZeneca Plc's Seroquel drug, used for ...
- London midday: Stocks rise, US futures point up as Wall Street re-opens Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 00:17 GMT
Miners lead markets higher as metals prices rise; S&P lifts Spanish outlook, Eurozone unemployment falls; UK consumer confidence falls again; US futures up, retailers in focus on Black Friday.
- New non-exec celebrates excellent results at Thomas Cook with purchase Sharecast - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 17:12 GMT
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Results Round-up Sharecast - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 16:19 GMT
Lower regional crop yields, heavy rainfall, a replanting programme, lower selling prices and foreign exchange losses all added up to plummeting profits for New Britain Palm Oil in the year-to-date.
- US midday: Crude futures continue to slip lower Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 18:48 GMT
Jobless claims, consumer confidence beat forecast, Durable goods fall due to pull back in defence, aircraft, H-P surges after strong fourth quarter
- Coms Chief builds stake after 'significant' contract win Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 16:38 GMT
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- FTSE 100 movers: AMEC leads ex-divis lower, Lloyds rises Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 15:51 GMT
Engineering firm AMEC was a heavy faller today after going ex-dividend. Others in the FTSE 350 including Johnson Matthey, Vedanta Resources, Lancashire Holdings, 3i Infrastructure, UDG Healthcare, Telecom ...
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-UK small caps rise, lagging blue-chips Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 09:39 GMT
The FTSE Small Caps Index edges up by 0.2 percent in early session trading, slightly lagging a 0.4 percent advance on the blue-chip FTSE 100 index and underperforming a 0.6 percent rise on the FTSE 250 ...
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 00:58 GMT
Aviva: Nomura moves target price from 474p to 489p retaining a buy recommendation.
- London midday: Stocks rise after UK data, but gains limited Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 00:06 GMT
Q3 UK GDP confirms small acceleration in growth; German coalition, GfK consumer confidence in focus; Ex-div stocks cap gains; Volumes set to be low ahead of Thanksgiving.
- Wednesday preview: UK GDP, US data and Royal Mail interims Sharecast - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 16:38 GMT
The UK economy grew by 1.5 per cent in the third quarter in line with the previous three months, consensus estimates show ahead of the release of gross domestic product (GDP) figures on Wednesday.
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Europe equities to rise 14 pct next yr-Nomura Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 09:15 GMT
Earnings growth will help European equity markets gain 14 percent next year, while a falling risk premium and flows back into the asset class are likely to support the market in the longer term, Nomura ...
- The Warren Buffett Bear Case For AstraZeneca plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 09:11 GMT
Many investors who focus on a low price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio and high dividend yield in their search for value will have a hard time swallowing the maxim legendary investor Warren Buffett lives by: "It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price". Today, I'm considering …
- Directors Have Been Splashing The Cash At Aviva plc, Shire PLC and Aggreko plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 09:15 GMT
The FTSE 100 is riding high, but that hasn't stopped directors at Aviva (Other OTC: AIVAF - news) , Shire (NASDAQOTH: SHPGY.US) and Aggreko buying shares in their own companies. This £16bn pharmaceuticals firm may be a FTSE 100 blue chip, but it's a growth company with a low yield, and tends to be overshadowed by dividend …
- Swiss vote against cap on executive pay AFP - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 17:51 GMT
- Week ahead in business and economics: November 25-29 Telegraph - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 17:10 GMT
Water companies reports this week and BoE Governor faces MPs over Inflation Report
- Swiss vote against cap on executive pay: TV AFP - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 14:44 GMT
- Swiss vote on whether to rein in executive pay AFP - Sun, Nov 24, 2013 03:05 GMT
- Week ahead: Housing data to be in focus Sharecast - Fri, Nov 22, 2013 18:25 GMT
One might expect the coming week in global capital markets to be quite calm, bar unexpected surprises, given the Thanksgiving Holiday Stateside. However, a raft of data is due to be released in both the ...