- Pensions savers could double their tax-free cash Telegraph - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Couples can use two pension plans to improve on the normal 25pc, reports Richard Evans .
- Buyout Firms Prepare To Battle For Hastings Sky News - 21 hours ago
- Wood Group Chairman sells 250,000 shares Sharecast - 23 hours ago
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Friday preview: UK mortgage lending figures released Sharecast - 23 hours ago
The spotlight will shine on economic data out Friday including mortgage lending figures from the British Bankers' Association (BBA) and US durable goods orders.
- Moody's sees benign outcome of EU insurer guarantee study Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 20:07 BST
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Regulators are expected to go easy on the life insurance industry in the wake of a study by EU insurance watchdog EIOPA on long-term savings guarantees made to life insurance policy ...
- State-backed UK banks gain approval for capital plans Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 22, 2013 18:07 BST
State-backed British lenders Lloyds Banking Group and Royal Bank of Scotland have agreed plans to shore up their capital with the financial regulator, removing a barrier to the government offloading its ...
- Thursday preview: SABMiller reports full-year results Sharecast - Wed, May 22, 2013 17:27 BST
Beverage giant SABMiller is expected to report a rise in annual revenues Thursday, driven by excise-driven prices increases and its product and geographical mix.
- Analysis - Oil saving win-win drives Saudi solar power boom Reuters - Wed, May 22, 2013 15:05 BST
DUBAI (Reuters) - A slide in solar power costs and a surge in oil prices over the last few years has made solar power a win-win strategy for Saudi Arabia: saving billions of dollars of crude for export ...
- UK wine retailer First Quench in $242 mln pension risk deal Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:25 BST
British alcoholic drinks retailer First Quench is insuring a chunk of its pension liabilities with specialist provider Pension Insurance Corporation, improving retirement benefits for its 1,966 members. ...
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:12 BST
Afferro Mining: Panmure Gordon reduces target price from 279p to 100p, while keeping its buy recommendation.
- Hopes rise for deal on delayed EU insurance rules Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, May 21, 2013 17:50 BST
The European Union is nearing a deal on long-delayed insurance rules that the bloc has touted as a regulatory benchmark for the world to follow, regulatory and policy officials said. The rules, known as ...
- One in seven to retire without a pension Telegraph - Tue, May 21, 2013 17:43 BST
- Wednesday preview: Beverage giant Britvic reports Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 16:41 BST
Soft drinks producer Britvic will release its second quarter results Wednesday.
- UK Motor Insurer Hastings Plots Stake Sale Sky News - Tue, May 21, 2013 12:06 BST
- Tuesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 11:37 BST
Antofagasta: Canaccord Genuity reduces target price from 1065p to 1040p, while leaving its hold recommendation unchanged.
- British Land pre-lets London development The Leadenhall Building Sharecast - Tue, May 21, 2013 09:13 BST
British Land has signed a deal to pre-let its London development, The Leadenhall Building, a joint venture with Oxford Properties.
- London close: Footsie closes at 12 year highs Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 18:50 BST
The FTSE 100 managed to close Monday's session moderately higher, albeit at 12 year highs, after rising by 33 points to the 6,756 point mark.
- FTSE 100 movers: RBS makes strong gains on Numis note Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 18:14 BST
Royal Bank of Scotland was in the lead after Numis raised its target price from 308p to 410p, while upgrading the stock to buy.
- Personal Group lands second largest ever deal Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 17:58 BST
Employee benefits provider Personal Group has won the tender to provide its services to the UK railway infrastructure operator Network Rail.
- Week ahead: Investors awaiting UK data deluge Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 17:46 BST
Some economists are fond of reminding clients every now and again that there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
- Monday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Mon, May 20, 2013 16:07 BST
Alent: Credit Suisse initiates with a target price of 430p and an outperform rating.
- Aviva Plc: The Recovery Starts Here Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 20, 2013 15:30 BST
Long-suffering investors in UK insurance giant Aviva , of which I'm one, will be feeling slightly easier after the market's bullish response to last week's first quarter interim statement. The share price ...
- NSPCC in £63m deal to insure pension risks Telegraph - Mon, May 20, 2013 01:16 BST
One of Britain’s best-known children’s charities has struck a £63m deal to insure the risks on its pension scheme and prevent donations being diverted to retired workers.
- Cameron Set For Talks With Google's Schmidt Sky News - Fri, May 17, 2013 14:19 BST
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-UK small caps climb 0.1 percent Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, May 17, 2013 12:06 BST
UK small caps advance 0.1 percent, underperforming the wider market, with the mid-caps up 0.4 percent and the blue chips 0.3 percent firmer. Life assurance specialist Chesnara edges up 1 percent after ...
- London close: FTSE 100 snaps winning streak after poor US data Sharecast - Thu, May 16, 2013 18:22 BST
The FTSE 100 has finally ended its long-running winning streak after poor economic data from the States dampened stocks by the close of trade on Thursday.
- Insurers to extend UK flood cover deal Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 16, 2013 17:57 BST
Britain's insurers will continue to cover homes at risk of flooding under a government-backed agreement after it expires at the end of June, allowing them more time to hammer out a new deal. Otto Thoresen, ...
- Prudential pay plans prompt shareholder dissent Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 16, 2013 17:19 BST
A significant minority of investors at Insurer Prudential voted against Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam's 2012 pay deal on Thursday, delivering a rebuke to leadership already under fire for their handling ...
- Insurer Aviva logs strong Q1 performance AFP - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:06 BST
- Chief executives and the itch to quit Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:44 BST
LONDON (Reuters) - On approaching his 60th birthday this year, long-serving Tullow Oil boss Aidan Heavey told staff he felt "like two 30 year-olds". A handful of recent shock departures by 50-something ...
- London open: FTSE 100 breaches 6,700 after Japanese GDP Sharecast - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:08 BST
The winning streak on the FTSE 100 continued into its 11th day on Thursday as stronger-than-expected growth in Japan boosted London's benchmark index to fresh five-and-a-half-year highs.
- Amlin's gross written premiums rise 7 pct Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, May 16, 2013 08:31 BST
Insurer Amlin Plc reported a 7 percent rise in gross written premiums for January-April, boosted by strong performance in its largest London-based business that predominantly covers marine and aviation ...
- Standard Life attacks RSA over dividend cut Telegraph - Thu, May 16, 2013 08:24 BST
Standard Life, one of Britain's largest institutional investors, has launched an attack on Royal & Sun Alliance (RSA) after it announced it was to cut its final dividend by 33pc earlier this year.
- Amlin reports good start to 2013 Sharecast - Thu, May 16, 2013 01:17 BST
Non-life insurance company Amlin has said it had a good start to 2013, with 'healthy' rate increases across a number of key classes underwritten by the group.
- London midday: Markets rangebound but winning streak continues Sharecast - Thu, May 16, 2013 01:05 BST
The FTSE 100 was continuing to trade within an extremely tight range on Thursday morning as investors consider how much further the rally will go given that the index is already trading at levels not seen ...