- Week ahead: ECB´s Draghi and Chinese data to take center stage Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 19:06 GMT
Next week´s economic calendar will again see a robust flow of economic data and indicators coming out of all the main geograophical areas.
- Corbett To Log Out Of Moneysupermarket Chair Sky News - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 15:27 GMT
Gerald Corbett is to step down as chairman of Moneysupermarket (Frankfurt: 39M.F - news) , the online price comparison business, seven years after steering it through its stock market debut. Sky News understands that Mr Corbett, the former head of Railtrack, will relinquish the reins at Moneysupermarket next year. Russell …
- Fitch Revises Outlook of Ek-Chai Distribution System's Debentures to Negative Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 14:20 GMT
Fitch Ratings Limited has revised the rating Outlook of Ek-Chai Distribution System Company Limited's guaranteed debentures due 2015 to Negative from Stable and affirmed the National Long-Term Rating on ...
- Fitch assigns Afren Plc's USD360m senior secured notes 'B+' final rating Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 11:30 GMT
Fitch Ratings has assigned Afren Plc's 6.625% USD360m senior secured notes due in 2020 a final 'B+' rating. The assignment of the final rating follows receipt of documents conforming to the information ...
- Inflation expectations in the UK moved higher in November Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 10:56 GMT
Inflation expectations over the next 12 months rose to 3.6 per cent in the UK during the month of November, according to the latest survey from the Bank of England/GfK NOP.
- Friday tips round-up: Pearson, AG Barr Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 10:32 GMT
Pearson has a long tradition spanning multiple sectors. Yet from the original weird collection of business interests held by the founding Cowdray family the Financial Times is the only surviving unit. ...
- First-time buyers confused over Help to Buy scheme Telegraph - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 10:27 GMT
A third of first-time buyers do not understand the Government's Help to Buy scheme, research has found
- US midday: Stocks drift lower ahead of non-farm payrolls Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 19:26 GMT
Jobless claims drop, but on seasonal factors, US GDP revised higher for Q3 due mainly to inventory build-up, Apple lifts Nasdaq on China Mobile speculation
- Twitter appoints first female board member AFP - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 18:30 GMT
- Autumn Statement 2013: Star treatment for the film industry Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 17:28 GMT
Chancellor extends tax relief and loosens requirement for films to be culturally British.
- US economic growth steals Osborne's thunder Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 17:24 GMT
The Chancellor's claim that the UK is the fastest growing Western economy was true when he said it, but soon came undone
- Friday preview: US non-farm payrolls in focus amid Fed stimulus fears Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 16:28 GMT
A report on US non-farm payrolls will be in the spotlight on Friday as policymakers use the data to gauge the health of the world's biggest economy.
- Twitter names media veteran as first female board member Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 16:01 GMT
Microblogging site Twitter Inc named Marjorie Scardino, former chief executive of publishing company Pearson, to its board on Thursday following criticism that it lacked diversity in the top ranks of the ...
- Twitter appojnts former Pearson chief Marjorie Scardino to board Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 14:14 GMT
Dame Marjorie Scardino, the former chief executive of publishing group Pearson, has joined the board of Twitter. In a statement, the US social network, which floated on the New York Stock Exchange last ...
- Twitter appoints former Pearson chief Marjorie Scardino to board Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 14:14 GMT
Marjorie Scardino, the former head of Penguin Books owner Pearson, has joined Twitter's board
- Autumn Statement 2013: Speech in full Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:20 GMT
George Osborne delivered his Autumn Statement at 11.15am on December 5 - here is the speech in full
- Why British Sky Broadcasting Group plc, easyJet plc and DS Smith plc Should Beat The FTSE 100 Today Fool.co.uk - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:05 GMT
The mood definitely seems to be turning bearish for the FTSE 100 , after the index put in its third losing day of the week yesterday with a 22-point fall to 6,510. Here are three that look set to beat the FTSE indices: British Sky Broadcasting Group shares have been on a slump since BT snatched those European football …
- London open: FTSE 100 flat at seven-week low ahead of busy day Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 09:02 GMT
FTSE 100 at lowest level since October 14th; Central bank meetings, Autumn Statement in focus; Investors cautious ahead of jobs report tomorrow.
- Autumn Statement 2013: as it happened - December 5, 2013 Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 06:59 GMT
Chancellor George Osborne expected to announce some small giveaways but stick to the austerity script in today's Autumn Statement.
- London close: Equities waver as long-term yields rise Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 18:00 GMT
ADP employment report surprises to the upside, Traders brace for Friday's US jobs report, Sage races ahead
- FTSE 100 movers: Sage Group biggest riser after annual results Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 17:12 GMT
Sage Group topped the FTSE 100 on Wednesday despite reporting a drop in annual operating profits.
- Egypt woos Gulf investors, promises repayments to oil firms Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 16:47 GMT
* Government says it owes $6 billion to foreign oil firms * Egypt needs Gulf aid, renewal of confidence in economy CAIRO, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Egypt promised on Wednesday to pay $1.5 billion of the $6 billion it says it owes foreign oil companies, aiming to restore investor confidence in an economy damaged by nearly three …
- Why Now Is The Right Time To Buy Fool.co.uk - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 14:22 GMT
True, we may not see FTSE 7,000 – or a Fool office conga – before 2014. He's given up fighting QE and now says “you have got to be in things that are trending” Seems a long time ago now, but 2013 actually kicked off with the FTSE blasting through 6,000… and it has stayed above 6,000 ever since. In fact, not even during …
- Australians to inherit double the amount of Britons Telegraph - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 11:52 GMT
An international comparison shows Britons planning to pass on £182,000 - compared to £321,743 in Australia.
- Australians to inherit twice as much as Britons Telegraph - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 11:52 GMT
An international comparison shows that Britons plan to pass on £182,000 compared with £321,743 in Australia.
- Should I Buy WPP PLC? Fool.co.uk - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 10:22 GMT
So when global marketing company WPP's share price was on a roll earlier this year, optimists saw it as a sign that the recovery was here. WPP has enjoyed a barnstorming 2013, up 56% in 12 months and 22% in six months, against 11% and 0% for the FTSE 100 as a whole. Where there's ROCE there's fire WPP boasts some impressive …
- Business news and markets: as it happened - December 4, 2013 Telegraph - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 07:28 GMT
Companies across America added 215,000 jobs in November, the highest monthly gain all year and well above economists projections of 170,000
- London midday: Investors brace for upcoming US data releases Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 00:25 GMT
- Fed Beige Book and US ISM services figures ahead
- MARKET PULSE-Apple, Conatus Pharma, Oncomed, Tesla, Roundy's Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 14:51 GMT
U.S. stock indexes opened lower on Tuesday. The Dow Jones industrial average was down 0.44 percent at 15,938.67, the S&P 500 was down 0.32 percent at 1,795.05 and the Nasdaq Composite was down 0.23 percent ...
- MARKET PULSE-Conatus Pharma, Oncomed, Tesla, Abercrombie & Fitch Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 14:17 GMT
U.S. stocks were poised to open lower on Tuesday, indicating the S&P 500 may fall for a third consecutive day on concerns a scale-back in stimulus by the Federal Reserve may be on the horizon. Dow Jones ...
- Pearson buys Brazilian English schools Grupo Multi for £500m Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:24 GMT
Deal with former Mormon bishop accelerates push into emerging education markets.
- Pearson buys Brazilian English schools in £500m Grupo Multi deal Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:24 GMT
Deal with former Mormon bishop Carlos “Wizard” Martins accelerates Pearson push into emerging education markets.
- David Cameron eases China visa rules Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 10:31 GMT
Prime Minister acts to end visa problems and welcomes £5.6bn deals on second day of his China trade visit
- Pearson buys Brazil's top English language school for $720 mln Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 10:18 GMT
* To pay $720 plus debt for Brazil's biggest English teacher * Company focusing on education and digital services * Deal comes days after Mergermarket sale LONDON, Dec 3 (Reuters) - British media and education group Pearson (NYSE: PSO - news) has agreed to buy Grupo Multi, the largest provider of adult English language …
- Pearson plc Becomes The Market Leader In Brazil Fool.co.uk - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 10:16 GMT
Pearson (NYSE: PSO - news) , the multinational publishing and education company, announced this morning that it had acquired Grupo Multi, the largest provider of private language schools in Brazil, for approximately £440m in cash and the assumption of £65m of debt. The purchase of Grupo Multi, adds over 800,000 students, …