- Seplat to list on London and Nigerian stock exchanges Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 49 minutes ago
Nigerian oil company Seplat plans to raise at least $500 million by floating shares on the London and Nigerian stock exchanges to pay down debt and fund acquisitions, it said on Tuesday. Seplat, in which ...
- Nigerian oil firm Seplat to announce $350 mln London, Lagos IPO -FT Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
Nigerian energy company Seplat will announce on Tuesday a $350 million initial public offering in a dual listing on the London and Lagos stock exchanges, the Financial Times reported. Seplat, in which ...
- London close: Miners drag as Chinese data weighs sentiment Sharecast - 16 hours ago
- FTSE closes down 23.22 at 6,689.45
- Shell's Ho-Ho pipeline still shut after leak Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell's entire Houston-to-Houma crude oil pipeline remained shut on Monday, following a reported leak late last week, the company said. Construction crew members accidentally punctured the ...
- Sasol keen for piece of S.Africa shale gas action Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
* S.Africa keen to develop shale gas industry * Sasol (NYSE: SSL - news) wants to invest in the sector JOHANNESBURG, March 10 (Reuters) - South African petrochemicals group Sasol Ltd is keen to invest in a domestic shale industry once it gets off the ground, its chief executive said, in a potential challenge to oil major …
- Divorce costs could sour Scotland's North Sea hopes Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
* Scotland seeks Britain's North Sea oil if it breaks away * Independent Scotland may face 20 bln pound tax relief cost * North Sea production in decline, harder to extract ABERDEEN, Scotland, March 10 (Reuters) - Scottish nationalists are betting $2.5 trillion of hydrocarbons trapped miles beneath the North Sea could …
- Mystery British car breakdowns may lead to diesel price rise Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
* Hundreds of cars broke down due to suspected diesel quality issues * Incidents linked to biodiesel, Russian imports LONDON, March 10 (Reuters) - Britain is investigating a wave of mystery winter car breakdowns possibly linked to biodiesel or imports of diesel from Russia that clogged up filters and could now lead to …
- How Safe Is Your Money In Royal Dutch Shell Plc? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
Could Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB) cope with a run of bad luck without cutting its dividend
- Companies gear up for vote on Scottish independence AFP - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 09:50 GMT
- CERAWEEK-North American shale not a sure thing for Big Oil Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 20:24 GMT
Oil and natural gas pumped from North American shale has boosted the fortunes of smaller energy firms, but the world's biggest oil companies, including and Exxon Mobil Corp, have been slower to realize the full potential of the prolific rock. In North America, the oil companies have broad exposure to profit-sapping natural …
- Kazakhstan sues foreign oil majors over flailing Kashagan Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 17:17 GMT
* Tactic has secured stakes in all foreign oil projects * Ministry says Kashagan consortium burnt off too much gas ASTANA, March 7 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan is suing foreign oil majors developing its huge Kashagan oilfield in the Caspian Sea, a tactic similar to those that secured the government large stakes in two of the …
- Shell says Ho-Ho pipeline shut after leak in Texas Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 16:10 GMT
Royal Dutch Shell on Friday said construction crew members punctured its Houston-to-Houma pipeline near Port Neches, Texas, on Thursday afternoon, releasing 364 barrels of crude oil. The company said it ...
- Alliance Trust warns of risks of Scottish independence Telegraph - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 14:14 GMT
One of Britain's biggest investment trusts has registered new companies in England as it warns over the 'uncertainty' created by the Scottish independence referendum
- Norwegian gas exports surge as Ukraine crisis escalates Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 13:34 GMT
Norwegian gas exports surged to the highest levels since January 2013 on Friday as demand rose in continental Europe due to fears that Russia may cut gas supplies via Ukraine. Combined deliveries of Norwegian pipeline gas to import terminals in Germany, Belgium and France rose by 10 percent to 233 million cubic metres …
- Alliance Trust sets up English companies ahead of Scotland vote Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 13:28 GMT
Alliance Trust Plc, a Scotland-based investment manager, has begun preparations for a possible move to England ahead of the Scottish independence referendum, adding to evidence of corporate unease over the looming vote. The comments by Alliance Trust, based in Dundee on Scotland's east coast and which employs around 250 …
- Friday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:55 GMT
AGA Rangemaster: N+1 Singer ups target price from 175p to 192p and maintains a buy recommendation.
- HSBC Holdings plc And Royal Dutch Shell Plc Are Good Homes For Your Vodafone Group plc Cash Fool.co.uk - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:05 GMT
Shareholders in Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD) might want to reinvest cash proceeds into good income stocks like HSBC Holdings plc (LON:HSBA) and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB)
- Safeway snapped up by Cerberus in $9.4bn deal Telegraph - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 00:03 GMT
The offer price of $40 per share represents a premium of 1.3pc to Safeway's Thursday closing stock price
- Market report: Shire stalls amid analyst caution Telegraph - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 19:23 GMT
The pharmaceuticals group hit a record high earlier this week, but fell back on Thursday
- BP shelves onshore exploration in Libya as instability grows Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 18:05 GMT
Oil and gas major BP (LSE: BP.L - news) said it had mothballed plans to explore in Libya's Ghadames basin because of security concerns, the latest in a series of companies to rethink their projects amid growing instability. Three years of turmoil since the Arab Spring and tough contract terms have prompted oil firms to …
- Thursday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 17:07 GMT
Advanced Medical Solutions: Investec ups target price from 97p to 121p and keeps a buy recommendation.
- London close: Stocks glide higher amid multiple data and corporate releases Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 17:01 GMT
Focus on BoE and ECB decision; Aviva leads risers; US jobless numbers come in below consensus
- FTSE 250 movers: Perform retreats after recent gains Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 14:42 GMT
Perform Group was retreating from recent gains which followed its full-year results, which saw the sports media group surge on turnaround hopes after a seven per cent fall in earnings per share in 2013....
- BP says U.S., Asia regulators ask for details after EU price probe Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 14:39 GMT
BP Plc (LSE: BP.L - news) said regulators from the United States and Asia have asked it for information after the European Commission's started an investigation last year into suspected manipulation of oil prices. London-based BP, Europe's second-largest oil company, made the disclosure in its annual report released on …
- Shell wants Scotland to stay in UK as oil firms opt for stability Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 14:19 GMT
Royal Dutch Shell (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) has become the second energy heavyweight to urge Scotland to stay in the United Kingdom as the campaign for Scottish independence battles mounting opposition from businesses. Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) is a key player in the North Sea oil and gas fields off Scotland and its Chief …
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc’s 2 Greatest Strengths Fool.co.uk - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 12:58 GMT
Two standout factors supporting an investment in Royal Dutch Shell plc (LON:RDSB).
- Shell Boss Rejects Scottish Independence Sky News - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 11:32 GMT
The chief executive of Royal Dutch Shell (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) has said he wants Scotland to remain part of the UK. At the company's annual reception in London, Ben van Beurden said he valued the "continuity and stability" of the UK. Mr van Beurden, who took the helm of Britain's most valuable company in January, spoke …
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-UK small caps rise 0.2 percent Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 10:37 GMT
The FTSE Small Cap index and junior-listed AIM shares rise 0.2 percent and 0.4 percent respectively, against a 0.2 percent stronger mid-cap index and a 0.1 percent rise in the blue chips. London-listed ...
- Gas firm VNG makes small discovery off Norway -partner Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 09:15 GMT
Gas firm VNG has made an oil and gas discovery off Norway that is above expectations, a partner in the find, Rocksource, said on Thursday. "Estimates indicate recoverable resources above the estimated ...
- Kentz wins contract for Moatize Coal project in Mozambique Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 08:43 GMT
Kentz Corporation has won a contract with Vale for Phase-2 of the Moatize Coal mining project in the Tete Province of Mozambique.
- Shell wants Scotland to remain in UK for investment stability Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 08:31 GMT
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (Xetra: R6C1.DE - news) has become the second oil heavyweight to urge Scotland to stay in the United Kingdom, a new setback for the campaign for Scottish independence. Shell Chief Executive Ben van Beurden said a vote for independence on Sept. 18 would mean greater uncertainty for the energy industry, …
- Faroe Petroleum finds oil and gas in Norwegian Sea Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 07:56 GMT
London-listed oil company Faroe Petroleum said on Thursday it had discovered oil and gas on the Pil exploration well it has drilled in the Norwegian Sea. Further drilling will establish how much oil and gas can be retrieved from the site, but the company said it found around 135 metres of oil and 91 metres of gas in the …
- Business news and markets: as it happened - March 6, 2014 Telegraph - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 07:37 GMT
The Bank of England and European Central Bank have stuck to their current strategy, leaving all interest rates unchanged
- Shell, Barclays and Lloyds warn Scotland over independence Telegraph - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 22:14 GMT
Three FTSE 100 companies have spoken for the first time of the potential problems should Scotland leave the UK
- Market report: Housebuilders hit by broker downgrade Telegraph - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 19:39 GMT
Credit Suisse analysts called the top of the housebuilder equity cycle