- US STOCKS-S&P dips after record; China data, Boeing weigh Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 47 minutes ago
* Boeing (NYSE: BA - news) finds cracks in wings of Dreamliners in production * Facebook (NasdaqGS: FB - news) shares hit another record after UBS (Xetra: UB0BL6 - news) raises target NEW YORK (Frankfurt: HX6.F - news) , March 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks dipped on Monday, weighed down by soft data out of China and Boeing's …
- Can Morrisons reclaim its identity? Telegraph - 4 hours ago
Chief executive Dalton Philips is seeing more British families choosing to shop with discounters Aldi and Lidl
- US STOCKS-S&P slips from record on China concern; Boeing weighs Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
* Boeing (NYSE: BA - news) finds cracks in wings of Dreamliners in production * Facebook (NasdaqGS: FB - news) shares hit another record after UBS (Xetra: UB0BL6 - news) raises target NEW YORK (Frankfurt: HX6.F - news) , March 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Monday weighed by soft data out of China, lingering concerns …
- US midday: Miners lead falls after Chinese data Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Plosser: Fed could fall well behind the curve, Chinese data weighs on equities, Miners lead falls
- London close: Miners drag as Chinese data weighs sentiment Sharecast - 6 hours ago
- FTSE closes down 23.22 at 6,689.45
- MARKET PULSE-Chiquita, Cliff Natural, Boeing, Alexion, FMC Corp Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
U.S. stock index futures edged lower on Monday, on the heels of a record high for the S&P 500, following unexpectedly weak data in China which tempered enthusiasm over the strength of the global economy. ...
- Week ahead: Chinese data and MPC back in focus Sharecast - 12 hours ago
The coming week will see a shift towards Asia in terms of the most potentially market moving data and events. Thus, Thursday will bring with it a raft of Chinese data, including the latest figures on industrial ...
- Can Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc Make £1 Billion Profit? Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
Will Wm. Morrison Supermarkets plc (LON: MRW) be able to drive profits higher?
- London open: Markets flat as miners fall after poor data from Asia Sharecast - 14 hours ago
China registers surprise trade deficit, CPI eases; Japan GDP revised lower; Mining stocks limit upside for FTSE; Mondi upgraded to 'buy' by Citigroup.
- The best insurance for your pet and your pocket Telegraph - 15 hours ago
With vets' bills rising so quickly, now is the best time to get cover for your pet
- Soft touch FX regulation falls under harsh glare Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
In July 2006, during lunch at an upmarket restaurant overlooking the sprawling Smithfield meat market in the City of London (LSE: CIN.L - news) , Bank of England officials and senior bank dealers discussed evidence of potential manipulation of the foreign exchange market. It was two years before the issue was discussed …
- Bangladesh Feb exports up 6 pct on garment sales Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
Bangladesh's exports rose 6.36 percent in February from a year earlier to $2.39 billion, boosted by stronger garment sales, the Export Promotion Bureau said on Monday, as political turmoil eased after an election in January. Garment exports rose 9 percent on year to $1.96 billion in February and were up 16.7 percent to …
- Business news and markets: as it happened - March 10, 2014 Telegraph - 15 hours ago
Global markets dip following disappointing figures from China and Japan
- Tesco Paves Way For Finance Director's Exit Sky News - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 19:24 GMT
Tesco (Xetra: TCO.DE - news) is preparing the ground for the departure of its finance director amid tensions with its chief executive as the retail giant attempts to reverse the declining fortunes of its core UK operations. Sky News has learnt that Laurie McIlwee, who has served as Tesco's chief financial officer since …
- Week ahead in business and economics: March 10 - 14 Telegraph - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 17:08 GMT
= Morrisons investors look for cheer = After a disappointing Christmas, investors will be looking to Dalton Philips, chief executive of Wm Morrison , for some better news on Thursday. Like-for-like sales ...
- Milk wars - a symptom of supermarkets in crisis Telegraph - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 20:45 GMT
Morrisons’ annual results will shine a spotlight on a struggling business. How should Dalton Philips respond?
- The lunch meetings at the heart of the Bank of England forex inquiry Telegraph - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 20:15 GMT
Bank of England to be questioned about foreign market manipulation fears.
- Morrisons to sell £500m of its properties as fightback begins Telegraph - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 19:59 GMT
The supermarket group will tell shareholders that it plans to offload peripheral investment property assets including goods yards, warehouses and shopping centres
- Investors should be looking to hold more UK equities Telegraph - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 13:33 GMT
British companies stack up against the best in the world
- India's Bharti linked with Carrefour in new retail tie-up AFP - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 16:46 GMT
- Fashion Retailer Boohoo.com Announces £560m Flotation Fool.co.uk - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 13:10 GMT
Boohoo.com is the latest online retailer to list on the London Stock Exchange. Will it be the next ASOS plc (LON:ASC)?
- Saucy Fish Co leaps into US after deal with Giant supermarkets Telegraph - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:13 GMT
The Saucy Fish Co has announced plans to expand into the US market just in time for Lent.
- Why Tesco PLC Should Be A Candidate For Your 2014 ISA Fool.co.uk - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 09:44 GMT
Tesco PLC (LON: TSCO) could provide a solid cornerstone for your investments.
- Profits at Mike Ashley's holding company almost doubles Telegraph - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 18:50 GMT
Veteran retailer's MASH Holdings made a profit of £256.4m in the year to April 2013
- Waitrose lays out 'British response' to German supermarket competition Telegraph - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 17:36 GMT
Waitrose is looking at adding services such as dry cleaning and wine-tasting at its stores.
- Thursday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 17:07 GMT
Advanced Medical Solutions: Investec ups target price from 97p to 121p and keeps a buy recommendation.
- Sector movers: Industrial metals firm as Ukraine worry eases Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 17:00 GMT
As Ukraine tensions eased and metal prices firmed, the industrial metals and mining sector climbed to the top of the sector leader board on Thursday.
- Speciality foods are a tasty business Telegraph - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 14:16 GMT
- UK's John Lewis retailer sees improving macro picture Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 13:25 GMT
* John Lewis MD targets 2014-15 sales growth of 6 pct * Waitrose MD expects 2014-15 sales growth of 7-8 pct LONDON, March 6 (Reuters) - British retailer, John Lewis Partnership (LSE: PA.L - news) , forecast an improving economic backdrop as 2014 progresses after posting a 10 percent rise in profits. However, on Thursday …
- Stobart to sell 51 pct of transport and distribution business Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 10:23 GMT
British freight company Stobart Group Ltd said it would sell 51 percent of its core transport and distribution business for 239.7 million pounds to a group led by Chief Operating Officer William Stobart ...
- Thursday tips round-up: Dignity, Melrose, BBA Aviation Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 09:42 GMT
Since its flotation in 2004 funeral provider Dignity has seen revenues rise by 7.3 per cent per year and a steady 16 per cent rate of increase in its earnings per share. Furthermore, it has room to grow, ...
- US close: Stocks flat, S&P 500 pauses at record after weak data Sharecast - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 07:20 GMT
ADP, ISM reports miss estimates; Fed's Beige Book sees 'modest to moderate' growth; S&P 500 pauses at record high.
- Questor share tip: Dignity delivers once more Telegraph - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 06:00 GMT
The funeral service provider has a strong record of returning cash to investors, says Questor.
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Flowgroup rallies, helps boost UK AIM index Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 16:57 GMT
Britain's junior-listed AIM shares rise 0.5 percent, outperforming small, mid- and large caps, which shed between 0.3 percent and 0.7 percent. Shares in Flowgroup are among top gainers in the AIM index, ...
- Carrefour boosts capital spend, eyes Brazilian IPO in 2015 Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 5, 2014 15:49 GMT
* Carrefour (Paris: FR0000120172 - news) may sell Carrefour Brazil shares or do IPO in 2015 - CEO PARIS, March 5 (Reuters) - Carrefour, the world's second-largest retailer, reported a rise in profits on Wednesday as work on turning round its core French business started to pay off and said it might list shares in its core …