- Week ahead in business and economics: December 9-13 Telegraph - 8 hours ago
Back on form TUI rediscovers success with package holidays
- Tesco titans Terry Leahy and Andrew Higginson could clash in a battle of the pound shops Telegraph - Sat, Dec 7, 2013 16:46 GMT
The Telegraph meets former Tesco heavyweights Sir Terry Leahy and Andrew Higginson. There's just one catch - don't mention Tesco
- Week ahead: ECB´s Draghi and Chinese data to take center stage Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 19:06 GMT
Next week´s economic calendar will again see a robust flow of economic data and indicators coming out of all the main geograophical areas.
- London close: Stocks surge as strong US data offsets taper fears Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 17:15 GMT
FTSE 100 rebounds strongly on US jobs beat; Taper expectations brought forward; Oil, housing stocks provide a lift.
- FTSE 250 movers: Berkeley lifts housebuilders higher after strong results and guidance Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 17:03 GMT
Housebuilder Berkeley Group surged on Friday after reporting a 19.2 per cent jump in first-half profits and saying that full-year earnings could come in at the top end of analysts' expectations due to ...
- Sector movers: Retailers hit by Credit Suisse comments, M&S falls Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 16:30 GMT
The general retail sector was out of favour on Friday after some cautious comments from analysts at Credit Suisse, with Marks & Spencer among the worst hit.
- FTSE 100: Petrofac, Royal Dutch Shell, BHP Billiton Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 15:52 GMT
Oilfield services group Petrofac rebounded on Friday, a day after heavy falls on concerns about guidance at its investor day on Thursday.
- Broker tips: AZ Electronics, Marks&Spencer, Domino´s Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 13:27 GMT
AZ Electronics may on Thursday have agreed to be purchased by German outfit Merck KgaA. However, analysts at Numis believe the bid was unsolicited and unexpected.
- Fitch Publishes European Food Retail Peer Study Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 12:53 GMT
Fitch Ratings has published its "European Food Retail Peer Study". The report analyses the main factors that influence our rating decisions for corporates in the European food retail sector, ...
- Broker snap: Credit Suisse reiterates underweight on M&S Sharecast - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 00:37 GMT
It has been a remarkable year for the General Retail sector, with the UK index´s 33 per cent rise comfortably outstripping gains in the rest of the market. However, 2013 has also seen high single-digit ...
- London close: FTSE 100 finishes at eight-week low Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 17:32 GMT
FTSE 100 at lowest level since October 11th; Autumn Statement, BoE, ECB in focus; Eyes on jobs report ahead of Fed meeting; AZ Electronic soars after 1.6bn-pound offer from Merck.
- Europe close: Fed stimulus fears drag stocks lower Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 17:17 GMT
Positive US data points to Fed stimulus cut; BoE and ECB keep policy unchanged; Osborne unveils reforms in Autumn Statement
- FTSE 100 movers: Miners gain, supermarkets fall Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 17:12 GMT
Mining stocks were performing well on Thursday as share prices recovered after a sell-off earlier in the week.
- Europe shares extend sell-off on Fed, ECB worries Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 15:51 GMT
European stocks fell on Thursday, hitting seven-week lows, as investors fretted about the risk of deflation in the euro zone while healthy U.S. economic data fuelled concern the Federal Reserve may soon ...
- Autumn Statement 2013: High street handed £1.1bn Christmas present Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 15:48 GMT
Chancellor caps business rates, gives pubs, restaurants and smalls shops a £1,000 discount and extends relief for small businesses
- Autumn Statement 2013: What business leaders want George Osborne to do Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 12:00 GMT
Here's what the leading figures from business hope to see the Chancellor deliver in his Autumn Statement - we'll be following up with them after George Osborne has spoken to get their verdict on his measures...
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 10:11 GMT
BAE Systems: Deutsche Bank takes target price from 415p to 425p keeping a hold recommendation.
- London open: FTSE 100 flat at seven-week low ahead of busy day Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 09:02 GMT
FTSE 100 at lowest level since October 14th; Central bank meetings, Autumn Statement in focus; Investors cautious ahead of jobs report tomorrow.
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Metro AG falls on MS downgrade -traders Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 08:42 GMT
Shares in German retailer Metro AG drop 4 percent, the biggest faller among European retail stocks, after Morgan Stanley downgrades the stock to "equal-weight" from "overweight", traders ...
- London midday: Markets flat as BoE holds rates, AZ Electronic rockets Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 00:12 GMT
FTSE 100 at lowest level since October 14th; BoE, ECB announce policy decisions; US data in focus later on, Wall Street futures flat; AZ Electronic Materials rockets after Merck offer.
- London close: Equities waver as long-term yields rise Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 18:00 GMT
ADP employment report surprises to the upside, Traders brace for Friday's US jobs report, Sage races ahead
- George Osborne poised to cap business rates Telegraph - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 17:43 GMT
Fix the rates: Business leaders warn Chancellor that 2pc cap on business rates must be followed by reform
- FTSE 100 movers: Sage Group biggest riser after annual results Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 17:12 GMT
Sage Group topped the FTSE 100 on Wednesday despite reporting a drop in annual operating profits.
- Young, Plant and friends pay tribute to "Jimi Hendrix of acoustic guitar" Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 16:41 GMT
A host of musicians headed by Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant on Tuesday night celebrated the life and work of Bert Jansch, the late Scottish guitarist who influenced generations of players from Neil Young to Johnny Marr (Milan: MARR.MI - news) with his stew of blues, folk and jazz. On a London stage decorated to look …
- China blog: SMEs need to scale the Great Firewall of China Telegraph - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 10:40 GMT
Let's make doing business in China less alien, writes Paul Sulyok.
- NEXT Plc Could Be Worth 6,650p Fool.co.uk - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 09:45 GMT
Indeed, Next has weathered the credit crunch particularly well, by appealing to a demographic that wants a mix of style and value for money. It has avoided a race to the bottom on price and has been able to command above-average margins due to a surprisingly high level of customer loyalty.
- New River Retail buys UK shopping malls for 24m pounds Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 08:21 GMT
Property group NewRiver Retail has bought three UK shopping centres for about 24m pounds.
- London midday: Investors brace for upcoming US data releases Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 00:25 GMT
- Fed Beige Book and US ISM services figures ahead
- Miners in a hole as analysts see little respite from falling commodity prices Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 21:21 GMT
Precious metal companies suffer double blow of softening prices and a downbeat note from UBS.
- Autumn Statement 2013: why we need a freeze on business rates Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 19:51 GMT
At a stroke, the Chancellor George Osborne could ease a burden on small firms and help to secure the recovery
- Charity shops enjoy £1.2bn tax break on business rates Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 19:33 GMT
Fix the rates: Charity shops enjoying £1.2bn of business rates relief despite companies struggling under growing tax burden
- London close: FTSE 100 hits seven-week low on taper fears Sharecast - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 17:03 GMT
FTSE 100 at lowest level since October 14th; US jobs report in focus as taper speculation picks up; UK construction activity at six-year high.
- Is J Sainsbury plc Set For Electrifying Earnings Growth In 2014? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 15:44 GMT
I am a long-standing fan of J Sainsbury plc and the innovations the firm has introduced to boost its position in the British grocery space. Still, Sainsbury (Frankfurt: SUY1.F - news) is not immune to the growing popularity of budget retailers, and investors should be aware of the threat that such chains carry to Sainsbury …
- Basic resources mount retreat as FTSE mines 6-week lows Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 12:04 GMT
* William Hill (Other OTC: WIMHF - news) climbs as UBS (Xetra: UB0BL6 - news) ups to "buy" LONDON, Dec 3 (Reuters) - The FTSE 100's exposure to basic-resources stocks cost it on Tuesday, as miners and oil companies led it lower amid concern that stronger economic data meant equity-friendly monetary policies would soon …
- Tuesday broker round-up Sharecast - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 10:44 GMT
Aquarius Platinum: UBS cuts target price from 44p to 43p, 'neutral' rating kept.