- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-UK small caps end up 0.6 pct, ahead of AIM Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
The junior-listed FTSE AIM share index closes flat, lagging the small caps, up 0.6 percent, the mid-caps, up 1.1 percent and the blue chips, up 0.8 percent. Operations management software company EG Solutions ...
- US open: Stocks surge as investors cheer strong jobs data Sharecast - 3 hours ago
Non-farm payrolls smash expectations, jobless rate falls; Taper expectations brought forward; Intel rises on PC hopes after Citi upgrade.
- 3 FTSE Dividends Lifted This Week: The Sage Group plc, DS Smith plc and Greene King plc Fool.co.uk - 7 hours ago
After finishing on an eight-week low of 6,498 points yesterday, the FTSE 100 has recovered 24 points to 6,522 by mid-morning. Dividends! Here are three companies from the FTSE indices that have lifted their payments this week: Business software maker Sage Group (LSE: SGE.L - news) released full-year results on Wednesday, …
- Berkeley shares hit all-time high on higher earnings, dividend Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
British housebuilder Berkeley said its full-year earnings could rise towards the top end of expectations and accelerated a dividend payout to shareholders, sending its share price to an all-time high. The London-focused developer said its Tower, One St George Wharf (Frankfurt: 861691 - news) scheme on the south bank of …
- US midday: Stocks drift lower ahead of non-farm payrolls Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Jobless claims drop, but on seasonal factors, US GDP revised higher for Q3 due mainly to inventory build-up, Apple lifts Nasdaq on China Mobile speculation
- Friday preview: US non-farm payrolls in focus amid Fed stimulus fears Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 16:28 GMT
A report on US non-farm payrolls will be in the spotlight on Friday as policymakers use the data to gauge the health of the world's biggest economy.
- Neil Woodford's Latest Buys And Sells: Mega-Million-Pound Calls On British American Tobacco plc, Rolls-Royce Holding PLC and Reynolds American, Inc Fool.co.uk - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 13:35 GMT
It's always useful to see which shares the experts are buying and selling -- and Neil Woodford is as expert as they come. Through his Invesco Perpetual Income and High Income funds, Woodford looks after £25 billion of client money. The latest half-year report for the Income fund has just been published, and there's an …
- Bitcoin plunges 29pc as China bans banks from trade Telegraph - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 13:22 GMT
Bitcoin dramatically lost more than a quarter of its value within hours today after the Chinese government banned its banks from trading in the virtual currency
- European shares continue to wobble amid taper worries Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 11:33 GMT
Retailers and telecoms led European shares lower on Thursday as recent strong economic data heightened worries over the potential for an early winding down of equity-friendly stimulus. Leading falling ...
- Thursday broker round-up Sharecast - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 10:11 GMT
BAE Systems: Deutsche Bank takes target price from 415p to 425p keeping a hold recommendation.
- Unilever firm amid activist talk Telegraph - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 19:06 GMT
Liberum Capital suggest activists could push for change at the consumer goods giant
- London close: Equities waver as long-term yields rise Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 18:00 GMT
ADP employment report surprises to the upside, Traders brace for Friday's US jobs report, Sage races ahead
- EU clears Microsoft Nokia mobile phone deal AFP - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 17:13 GMT
- FTSE 100 movers: Sage Group biggest riser after annual results Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 17:12 GMT
Sage Group topped the FTSE 100 on Wednesday despite reporting a drop in annual operating profits.
- Thursday preview: BoE and ECB announce interest rate decisions Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 17:11 GMT
The Bank of England and the European Central Bank (ECB) are expected to keep their current policy on hold Thursday following their latest meetings.
- Europe close: Stocks slide after mixed economic data Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 17:10 GMT
- Eurozone GDP and services rise
- Market overview: US new home sales rise more than forecast Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 15:47 GMT
1540:US new home sales rose 25.4 per cent month-on-month to 444,000 units in October, beating expectations for 429,000. In September sales fell 6.6 per cent to 354,000, the lowest level observed since ...
- Why The Sage Group plc, AMEC plc and St. Modwen Properties Should Beat The FTSE 100 Today Fool.co.uk - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 11:38 GMT
After crashing a further 63 points yesterday to close on 6,532, the FTSE 100 has paused for breath today with just a 5-point fall to 6,527 by late morning. It's been another day of little news as we head towards the festive quiet spell, but we do have some meaningful share price movements. Here are three from the FTSE …
- Britain's FTSE holds steady as StanChart mutes early bounce Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 09:22 GMT
* Tesco (Berlin: TCO.BE - news) and Sage rally strongly after results * Standard Chartered (HKSE: 2888.HK - news) drops after warning of flat income LONDON, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Britain's top share index held steady on Wednesday, after an early boost from Tesco reporting sales in line with expectations and well-received …
- Europe open: Stocks little changed before economic data Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 09:08 GMT
Eurozone GDP released; Euro-area and UK PMI services out; Investors eye US data ahead of FOMC meeting
- London pre-open: FTSE to inch back into positive territory Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 07:52 GMT
City sources predict the FTSE 100 will open around four points higher than yesterday's close of 6,532.43, marking a small reversal to yesterday's heavy losses which pushed the FTSE 100 to a seven-week ...
- Sage's annual profits fall after disposals Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 07:51 GMT
- Pre-tax profit flat, revenue rises
- Business news and markets: as it happened - December 4, 2013 Telegraph - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 07:28 GMT
Companies across America added 215,000 jobs in November, the highest monthly gain all year and well above economists projections of 170,000
- HTC 'One Mini' faces UK ban after court ruling on patent infringement Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 03:24 GMT
LONDON/TAIPEI, Dec 4 (Reuters) - HTC Corp will have to stop selling its One Mini smartphone in Britain from Dec. 6 after a British court ruled the Taiwanese company had infringed patents owned by Finnish rival Nokia (Stockholm: NOKI-SEK.ST - news) . Justice Richard Arnold of the England and Wales High Court on Tuesday …
- Market overview: Euro-area retail sales fall unexpectedly Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 00:40 GMT
1239:Retail sales in the euro-area unexpectedly declined 0.1 per cent in October, compared to a rise of 0.4 per cent in September. Economists had predicted an increase of 1 per cent.
- Europe midday: Stocks little changed on mixed economic reports Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 00:26 GMT
Eurozone GDP in line with consensus; Eurozone retail sales fall, PMI services rise; UK service activity slows
- London midday: Investors brace for upcoming US data releases Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 00:25 GMT
- Fed Beige Book and US ISM services figures ahead
- Miners in a hole as analysts see little respite from falling commodity prices Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 21:21 GMT
Precious metal companies suffer double blow of softening prices and a downbeat note from UBS.
- FOREX-Yen gains on safe-haven demand; dollar falls broadly Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 20:38 GMT
The yen advanced against the dollar and the euro on Tuesday, reversing losses sustained earlier in the global trading day, as falling stock markets worldwide sent traders into the relative safety of the ...
- Low-cost Free stirs up French mobile market AFP - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 18:41 GMT
- FOREX-Yen rallies on safe-haven demand; dollar falls broadly Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 18:32 GMT
* Investors look to U.S. GDP, jobs data after strong ISM After a strong U.S. ISM factory report on Monday, investors are looking to U.S. economic growth data on Thursday and, in particular, U.S. nonfarm payrolls numbers on Friday, for further signs of when the Fed may act.
- European shares slump on Fed tapering fears AFP - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 17:57 GMT
- London close: FTSE 100 hits seven-week low on taper fears Sharecast - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 17:03 GMT
FTSE 100 at lowest level since October 14th; US jobs report in focus as taper speculation picks up; UK construction activity at six-year high.
- How Will United Utilities Group Plc Fare In 2014? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 16:57 GMT
Today, I'm looking at regulated water and sewage utility provider United Utilities Group . To make sense of United Utilities (Other OTC: UUGRY - news) ' recent financial performance it's worth knowing that the firm completed a divestment programme in 2010. United Utilities' regulated water and sewage operations serve …
- FOREX-Yen climbs on safe-haven demand; dollar falls broadly Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 16:54 GMT
The yen rose against the dollar and the euro on Tuesday, rebounding from losses as falling stock markets worldwide prompted safe-haven demand for the Japanese currency. The dollar slipped against the euro ...