- US midday: Stocks drift lower ahead of Beige book Sharecast - 12 hours ago
- Stronger than expected ADP payrolls numbers
- Autumn Statement bingo: Osborne's likely buzzwords Telegraph - 18 hours ago
George Osborne is likely to wear a blue tie and highlight energy prices, China and immigration, according to bookies.
- STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-D.Bank sees DAX hitting 11,000 by end-2014 Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
Deutsche Bank has raised it target for Germany's DAX share index to 11,000 points by the end of 2014, an upside potential of about 19 percent from current levels, after gains of more than 20 percent so ...
- London midday: Investors brace for upcoming US data releases Sharecast - Wed, Dec 4, 2013 00:25 GMT
- Fed Beige Book and US ISM services figures ahead
- Questor share tip: Betfair back in black Telegraph - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 17:58 GMT
The online sports betting exchange is a hold ahead of regulatory changes in the UK market, says Questor
- Betfair sees growth prospects in Italy, United States Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 3, 2013 08:20 GMT
Online gambling company Betfair said it was looking to grow its business in Italy and the United States after having pulled out of a number of countries because of unfavourable regulations and tax rates. Betfair, which operates an exchange that allows gamblers to bet against each other, has been slimming down its operations …
- US midday: Goldman Sachs cuts tracking estimate for quarter four Sharecast - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 18:53 GMT
Thanksgiving weekend retail sales disappoint, Shiller warns of 'boom' in US stock markets, Manufacturing figures from US, UK, Eurozone and China beat forecasts, Goldman cuts fourth quarter GDP tracking ...
- FTSE 250 movers: African Barrick Gold hit by 'sell' rating from Citigroup Sharecast - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 16:18 GMT
African Barrick Gold declined after Citigroup restated its 'sell' rating on the mining stock. Looking ahead to 2014, the bank said: "Economic improvement should keep the 'insurance' demand for gold ...
- Mid-cap share tip of the week: Mitchells & Butlers Telegraph - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 14:13 GMT
Each week we look at a promising mid-cap share. This week: pubs chain Mitchells & Butlers
- London midday: Markets fall, shrug off upbeat manufacturing data Sharecast - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 00:10 GMT
Markets lower ahead of data-heavy week; Non-farm payrolls, taper in focus; Investors shrug off positive manufacturing figures this morning; Broker downgrades hit Tesco, Aberdeen, Debenhams.
- One sells as another buys on Winkworth board Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 17:24 GMT
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- Week ahead: Beige Book and US non-farm payrolls due Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 16:04 GMT
Everything has its price or so some like to say. In any case, traders will return to their desks come Monday, following a rather calm week of trading, to find themselves facing a very busy economic calendar....
- FTSE 100 movers: Experian declines on Goldman Sachs's advice Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 15:50 GMT
Shares of Experian fell to the bottom of the pile after Goldman Sachs recommended shifting the stock. The broker reduced its rating on the stock to "sell" from "neutral".
- 3 FTSE 100 Shares Hitting New Highs: Hargreaves Lansdown PLC, Sports Direct International Plc and Stagecoach Group plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 14:31 GMT
The FTSE 100 looks like it's stumbling along to another unexciting week -- it's up 24 points on the day to 6,678, but that's a rise of only 4 points on the week so far. Hargreaves Lansdown shares hit a record 52-week close yesterday of 1,222p, having been as high as 1,226p during the day -- today the price is unchanged …
- London open: Miners lift FTSE 100 higher early on Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 09:19 GMT
Trading volumes to pick up later on, says analyst; UK consumer confidence falls again; Miners gain; housebuilders extend losses.
- London midday: Stocks rise, US futures point up as Wall Street re-opens Sharecast - Fri, Nov 29, 2013 00:17 GMT
Miners lead markets higher as metals prices rise; S&P lifts Spanish outlook, Eurozone unemployment falls; UK consumer confidence falls again; US futures up, retailers in focus on Black Friday.
- Questor share tip: Marston's slumps on pubs sale Telegraph - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 18:42 GMT
The brewer and pub landlord is selling pubs to reduce debt but the shares remain a risky prospect, says Questor
- New non-exec celebrates excellent results at Thomas Cook with purchase Sharecast - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 17:12 GMT
A round-up of the biggest director deals today so far.
- London close: Markets inch higher on quiet day, but housing stocks sink Sharecast - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 17:11 GMT
FTSE 100 edges higher, global equities close to six-year high; US markets closed for Thanksgiving; Housing, tobacco stocks pressured by government policy.
- FTSE 250 movers: Thomas Cook leads risers after jump in profit Sharecast - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 16:18 GMT
Travel operator Thomas Cook surged after reporting a better-than-expected 49 per cent leap in full-year operating profits as it lifted its near-term guidance for revenue and cost-cutting.
- British brewer Marston's sells 202 pubs to property group Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 14:36 GMT
British pub and brewing company Marston's is to sell 202 pubs to property group NewRiver Retail for 90 million pounds as part of efforts to reduce debt and help pay for its new-style pub restaurants. Marston's, which has 2,100 pubs in Britain, said trying to shift from pubs selling mainly drink to pubs selling food and …
- British pub group Marston's says Christmas bookings boost prospects Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 09:38 GMT
British pub and brewing company Marston's said rising sales, strong Christmas bookings and plans to concentrate more on food-focused outlets will boost its prospects after posting full-year pretax profit slightly below analysts' forecasts. Marston's, home to the Pitcher & Piano bars, registered underlying pre-tax profit …
- Foreign ownership flagged for Qantas AFP - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 01:53 GMT
- Thursday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 00:20 GMT
Anglo American: Liberum Capital upgrades to hold with a target price of 1150p.
- London open: Markets edge higher ahead of UK GDP figures Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 09:05 GMT
Second estimate of Q3 UK GDP due for release; Plenty of economic data from the States; Ex-dividend stocks limit gains in London.
- US close: Stocks pare gains but Nasdaq ends at 13-year high Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 07:18 GMT
Nasdaq closes above 4,000; Stocks pull back sharply ahead of MSCI rebalancing; Consumer confidence slips, housing permits shoot higher; Goldman sees S&P 500 at 1,900 before end of 2013.
- Wednesday broker round-up UPDATE Sharecast - Wed, Nov 27, 2013 00:58 GMT
Aviva: Nomura moves target price from 474p to 489p retaining a buy recommendation.
- Index review looms over William Hill Telegraph - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 18:48 GMT
The bookmaker has seen its shares come under pressure since joining the FTSE 100 earlier this year
- US midday: Stocks hold near record highs Sharecast - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 18:31 GMT
Consumer confidence unexpectedly falls, Housing permits, home prices beat expectations, Tiffany jumps after strong Q3 results, higher guidance, Goldman sees S and P off in 2014
- Mitchells & Butlers expands family brands after profit surge Telegraph - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 16:54 GMT
Mitchells & Butlers wants to roll out more of its Harvester and Toby Carvery restaurants, plus "upmarket" bar brands such as All Bar One, following a jump in full-year profits.
- Wednesday preview: UK GDP, US data and Royal Mail interims Sharecast - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 16:38 GMT
The UK economy grew by 1.5 per cent in the third quarter in line with the previous three months, consensus estimates show ahead of the release of gross domestic product (GDP) figures on Wednesday.
- FTSE 250 movers: BTG makes strong gains after FDA approval Sharecast - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 14:23 GMT
Healthcare company BTG was in the top spot after revealing it has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration for its Varithena treatment. Varithena, which previously went under the name ...
- Why Mitchells & Butlers plc, Britvic Plc and De La Rue plc Should Beat The FTSE 100 Today Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 12:12 GMT
Yesterday's FTSE 100 optimism didn't last long -- after ending last night 20 points up, the index of top UK shares is down 26 points by late morning today to 6,669, with very little in the way of FTSE 100 news and only small share price movements. There was Winter cheer for Mitchells & Butlers today, after the pub operator …
- What's Next For BG Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 10:25 GMT
Energy company BG Group (Other OTC: BRGXF - news) explores for and extracts natural gas and oil and also produces liquefied natural gas. It is one of the country's leading energy companies, and it has oil and gas wells in countries such as Brazil, Egypt, Tunisia and Thailand, as well as in the North Sea. Companies are gradually …
- Sales boost lifts shares in British pubs group M&B Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Nov 26, 2013 10:07 GMT
Shares in British pubs group Mitchells & Butlers (LSE: MAB.L - news) jumped by nearly 9 percent on Monday after it announced an uplift in sales over the past eight weeks, helped by demand for food at its Browns, Harvester and All Bar One outlets. "We still think that a lot of our customers are under a fair amount of pressure …