27 fun Easter quiz questions and answers
Looking for Easter quiz questions and answers? With Easter Sunday right around the corner (9th April 2023), we have created the ultimate Easter quiz for you to test friends and family over the long bank holiday weekend.
From traditions associated with Easter to fun facts, take a look at the quiz questions to step up this year's celebrations. Time to get cracking...
• 27 Easter quiz questions •
1. How many Easter eggs are sold in the UK every year?
2. Which country started the tradition of the Easter bunny?
3. How many marzipan balls are traditionally on a simnel cake?
4. The first Easter eggs were dyed what colour?
5. What is the tradition behind the hot cross bun?
6. In Switzerland, what animal delivers Easter eggs to children?
7. What is the Sunday before Easter Sunday called?
8. What is the official flower of Easter?
9. Besides bunnies, what animal is considered an Easter symbol?
10. What popular game is traditionally played at Easter?
11. Where is Easter Island located?
12. When was the first recorded use of decorated Easter eggs?
13. What meat is traditionally consumed on Easter Sunday?
14. Where did the Easter bonnet originate from?
15. In the Bible, who betrayed Jesus just before his crucifixion?
16. When do Easter egg hunts traditionally take place?
17. What happens on Maundy Thursday?
18. Why is it called Palm Sunday?
19. What dance traditionally takes place at Easter?
20. What do the marzipan balls on simnel cake represent?
21. Which country first introduced an Easter tree?
22. In eastern Christianity, the end of Lent is called what?
23. Easter Sunday is also called what?
24. What is Easter name after?
25. Where was the UK's first Easter egg produced?
26. Where did the world's largest Easter egg hunt take place?
27. Why does the date of Easter change every year?
• Easter quiz answers •
1. 80 million
5. The bun represents the cross on which Jesus Christ died
6. The Easter Cuckoo (bird)
7. Palm Sunday
8. White Lilies
9. A lamb
10. An Easter egg hunt
11. The Southeast Pacific
12. In the 13th century
16. On Easter Sunday morning
17. Maundy Thursday marks the night of the Last Supper as told in the Bible. Christians often partake in a simple meal of bread and wine — commonly known as the Lord's Supper or Communion
18. Palm Sunday was when Jesus entered into Jerusalem greeted by the people waving palm branches
19. Morris dancing
20. Jesus's 11 disciples (excluding Judas)
22. Lazarus Saturday
23. Resurrection Day
24. Easter is named after the Anglo-Saxon Goddess called Eostre
25. The UK's first chocolate egg was produced in Bristol in 1873
27. Because it is based on the moon's cycle
You Might Also Like