PayPoint plc (the "Company")
Annual Report and Financial Statements 2021
In compliance with Listing Rule 9.6.1, the Company announces that the following documents have today been submitted to the UK Listing Authority, and will shortly be available for inspection via the National Storage Mechanism at https://data.fca.org.uk/#/nsm/nationalstoragemechanism:
2021 Annual Report and Financial Statements;
Notice of Annual General Meeting of the Company, which will be held at The Boulevard,
1 Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1EL at 12:00 noon on Thursday 21 July 2021; and
Form of Proxy for the 2021 Annual General Meeting;
In accordance with DTR 6.3.5(3) the Annual Report and Financial Statements 2021 and the Notice of Annual General Meeting are accessible at www.corporate.paypoint.com.
The additional information set out below is supplementary to the Company’s preliminary results announcement on 27 May 2021. That announcement together with the information set out below which is extracted from the Annual Report and Financial Statements constitutes the requirements of
DTR 6.3.5(2)(b) which is to be communicated via an RIS in unedited full text. This announcement is not a substitute for reading the full Annual Report and Financial Statements. To view the preliminary results announcement, visit the Company website www.corporate.paypoint.com
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1707 600300
Directors' Responsibility Statement
The Directors are responsible for preparing the annual report and the Group and parent Company financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
Company law requires the Directors to prepare Group and parent Company financial statements for each financial year. Under that law they are required to prepare the Group financial statements in accordance with international accounting standards in conformity with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 and applicable law and have elected to prepare the parent Company financial statement on the same basis. In addition, the Group financial statements are required, under the UK Disclosure Guidance and Transparency rules, to be prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards adopted pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 1606/2002 as it applies in the European Union.
Under company law, the Directors must not approve the financial statements unless they are satisfied that they give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Group and parent Company and of their profit or loss of the Group and parent Company for that period. In preparing each of the Group and parent Company financial statements, the Directors are required to:
- Select suitable accounting policies and then apply them consistently.
- Make judgements and estimates that are reasonable, relevant and reliable.
- State whether they have been prepared in accordance with international accounting standards in conformity with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 and, as regards the Group financial statements, International Financial Reporting Standards adopted pursuant to Regulation
(EC) No 1606/2002 as it applied in the European Union.
- Assess the Group and parent Company’s ability to continue as a going concern, disclosing, as applicable, matters related to going concern.
- Use the going concern basis of accounting unless they either intend to liquidate the Group or the parent Company or to cease operations or have no realistic alternative but to do so.
The Directors are responsible for keeping adequate accounting records that are sufficient to show and explain the parent Company’s transactions and disclose with reasonable accuracy at any time the financial position of the parent Company and enable them to ensure that the financial statements comply with the Companies Act 2006. They are responsible for such internal control as they determine is necessary to enable the preparation of financial statements that are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error, and have general responsibility for taking such steps as are reasonably open to them to safeguard the assets of the Group and to prevent and detect fraud and other irregularities. Under applicable law and regulations, the Directors are also responsible for preparing a Strategic Report, Directors’ Report, Directors’ Remuneration Report and corporate governance statement that complies with that law and those regulations.
The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the corporate and financial information included on the Company's website. Legislation in the UK governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
Responsibility statement of the Directors in respect of the annual financial report.
We confirm that to the best of our knowledge:
- The financial statements, prepared in accordance with the applicable set of accounting standards, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit or loss of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole.
- The Directors’ Report, which also incorporates the Strategic Report, includes a fair review of the development and performance of the business and the position of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that they face.
We consider the annual report and accounts, taken as a whole, is fair, balanced and understandable, and provides the necessary information for shareholders to assess the Group's position, performance, business model and strategy.
The Directors of PayPoint Plc are listed in the Group's 2021 Annual Report, and on the Group's website: corporate.paypoint.com.