Summary The Australian mortgage market was characterized by a sharp slowdown in mortgage balances in 2019 after years of growth - and this trend is expected to continue well into 2020.
New York, July 21, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Australian Mortgage Market 2020 - Review, Forecasts, and Future Opportunities" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p05932950/?utm_source=GNW
Property prices this year are expected to decline between 15% and 30% overall as COVID-19 temporarily freezes the market.
However, mortgage balance growth to 2024 is expected to be positive overall, with the rebound beginning in 2021
This report provides information and insights on the Australian mortgage market.It details overall and expected mortgage balance growth by both type of mortgage and lender, and explores the Australian macroeconomic scene pre- and post-COVID-19.
It examines the competitive environment and what banks can do to manage bad loans while keeping consumers on side. The report also covers customer behavior and sentiment, including the channel preferences of frequent users, and analyzes recent regulatory changes and innovations relevant to the mortgage space.
- Non-mutual banks continue to dominate the mortgage market, although the big four have lost market share to smaller lenders, notably Macquarie, ME Bank, HSBC Australia, and AMP.
- Monthly users of bank channels use multiple channels - both traditional and digital - when arranging to borrow money, with the average monthly customer using 1.8 channels for this activity.
- 28% of mortgage holders with a household income of A$150,000+ ($95,500+) have liquid savings of A$19,000 ($12,000) or less and are therefore reliant on income to continue mortgage payments.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insight at both the micro and macro level of the Australian mortgage market.
- Learn about threats to incumbent and newer mortgage providers, as well as potential opportunities post-COVID-19 around the increasingly digital mortgage process.
- Compare the performance and strategic direction of your firm against competitors.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05932950/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001