The new body has been formed months after industry leaders from Michelin-starred celebrity chefs to listed bar and pub bosses joined calls for a "Minister for Hospitality" to give the sector a voice in Westminster, amid a series of political decisions around Covid they argued ignored its needs.
The news came as a trio of firms revealed mixed fortunes amid the ongoing recovery.
Scully said: "With the launch of this council,â¯we’re takingâ¯the next stepâ¯in the journeyâ¯toâ¯build back betterâ¯from the pandemicâ¯byâ¯unveiling the experts who’ll beâ¯driving theâ¯reopening,â¯recovery and resilienceâ¯of the sector.â¯It’s a real ‘Avengers Assemble’ moment for the industry."
Family-run Indian restaurant chain Dishoom filed results showing it saw turnover plunge by almost 45% last year to £29.2 million. Bosses said trading has been inline with expectations since indoor dining reopened.
Franco Manca and The Real Greek owner Fulham Shore said it saw revenues of £39 million in the six months to September 16 - topping 2019 levels by £3 million despite restricted trading in earlier months.
Group chairman David Page said September has seen trading at West End and city centre locations down just 3% down on 2019 levels as office workers began to return.
But FTSE 250-listed Upper Crust owner SSP told investors in a trading update that its revenues were at just 47% of 2019 levels over the past three months as the travel sector continued to be hampered by ongoing restrictions.
The group is heavily reliant on tourism and commuter traffic, with operations in 300 rail stations and 180 airports worldwide.