UK Markets close in 2 hrs 57 mins

Blake Lively Criticises Instagram Account For Sharing 'Disturbing' Photo Of Her Daughters

·4-min read
Photo credit: Gilbert Carrasquillo - Getty Images
Photo credit: Gilbert Carrasquillo - Getty Images

Updated article on 21/10/21: Blake Lively has yet again criticised the paparazzi after they took a photo of her and Ryan Reynolds with their three daughters: James, Inez and Betty.

On Wednesday October 20 the actor took to Instagram to comment on a post of the photo, which had been shared on the Instagram account @hollywoodstarkids. E! News reports the post has since been deleted.

'This is so disturbing,' Blake commented on the post, which she later screenshotted and shared on her Instagram account.

'I've personally shared with you that these men stalk and harass my children. And you are still posting. You said you would stop. You personally promised me. This is not casual appreciation. This is YOU also exploiting very young children. Please. Delete. Please.'

Photo credit: Blake Lively - Instagram
Photo credit: Blake Lively - Instagram

'Some parents are ok with this,' she added. 'We. Are. NOT. [sic]'

The mother-of-three captioned a screenshot of a post, shared on the Instagram account @celebritykind, on her Instagram Stories with a message of thanks to her supporters.

'Thank you to everyone UNFOLLOWING accounts who exploit children,' she wrote. 'YOU make ALL the difference. Thank you for your integrity. Thank you.'

Lively's post comes three months after she claimed the paparazzi has 'stalked' her children during an outing in New York City, which you can read more about below.

Original article published on 19/07/21: Blake Lively has made a rare, searing statement instructing publications to remove a photograph taken of her three daughters and urging her fans to not engage with any outlets that use paparazzi who she claims 'stalked' her children.

Over the weekend, the mother - who shares three daughters James, Inez and Betty with husband Ryan Reynolds - wrote a lengthy comment on Daily Mail Australia's Instagram account after they published a photo of Lively walking with her three daughters, two in the pram and one on her hip while she was out in New York City.

The 33-year-old accused the outlet of being 'deceitful' with its publication of the photos by making it look like Lively was ok with the situation in which she was being photographed. The Rhythm Section star made it clear that this was not the case in the comment (captured by Comments By Celebs, who added emojis to the faces of her children to conceal their identity - something which wasn't done when they were published elsewhere).

'The real story is: My children were being stalked by men all day. Jumping out. And then hiding. A stranger on the street got into words with them because it was so upsetting for her to see,' Lively wrote.

The star said that when she approached some photographers they 'hid' from her and then would jump out on the next road. She eventually managed to speak to a couple and persuaded to take a photograph of her waving, away from her children, she said.

'Because it was frightening,' Lively continued. 'Tell the whole story... At minimum, listen to your followers. They too understand this is dark and upsetting that you pay people to stalk children... there are plenty of pictures you could've published without the kids. Please delete.'

The photograph in question appears to have now been deleted from the outlet's Instagram page.

After Comments By Celebs captured Lively's statement before it was deleted along with the post, the actress replied to the team behind the account, thanking them for sharing her message and urging her followers not to engage with publications that publish such photos taken without permission.

Photo credit: Toni Anne Barson - Getty Images
Photo credit: Toni Anne Barson - Getty Images

'Thank you to everyone who’s made that difference already. And thank you again for sharing. It’s f**king scary,' Lively signed off.

Lively and Reynolds are two of the many celebrities who choose to keep their children's faces and identities out of the public eye, with two of their children only being seen at a public event once, attending a ceremony for when their father received a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame in 2016.

Neither actor shares photos of their children on social media and while they are open with fans about many aspects of their life, they draw the line at their children, understandably.


You Might Also Like

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting