- China Caixin factory PMI picks up slightly in September CNBC - 3 hours ago
Activity at China's small and mid-sized firms expanded this month, according to a private survey of nationwide factories.
- Asian financial centers want in on London's forex trading throne CNBC - 3 hours ago
Asian markets such as Hong Kong and Singapore are cementing their positions as global financial hubs by snagging business away from larger peers.
- China aluminum officials at U.S. trade hearing urge dialogue in face of criticism Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
A Chinese industry group making a rare appearance at a U.S. government hearing sought on Thursday to counter arguments that excess aluminum capacity in China threatened American and global producers and processors of the metal. Appearing at the end of a day of submissions at the U.S. International Trade Commission, the …
- Chinese property bubble? We’re not there yet, pro says CNBC - 4 hours ago
Price jumps in China's top tier cities have many worried about an asset bubble, but there’s still "some way to go" on prices, a strategist told CNBC.
- Asia markets lower as banking stocks under pressure on Deutsche concerns CNBC - 5 hours ago
Asian markets were lower across the board early as bank stocks sold off, likely on the back of worries about Deutsche Bank's stability.
- Cramer: China's game-changing comeback that no one is talking about CNBC - 6 hours ago
Jim Cramer sees powerful signs that China is finally rebounding, and says this could be huge for investors.
- va-Q-tec AG sets IPO price at EUR 12.30 per share EQS Group - 9 hours ago
va-Q-tec AG / Key word(s): IPO29.09.2016 21:54Disclosure of an inside information according to Article 17 MAR,transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.---------------------------------------------------------------------------NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION …
- Deal signed for giant UK nuclear project AFP - 9 hours ago
- US Fed orders Chinese bank to tighten laundering controls AFP - 10 hours ago
- K-12 International Schools - Market Trends and Forecast from Technavio Business Wire - 11 hours ago
Technavio’s latest report on the global K-12 international schools market provides an analysis on the most important trends expected to impact the market outlook from 2016-2020. The global K-12 international schools market should see maximum growth coming from the Middle East and East Asia. Another category of international …
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 11 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers MSCI JAPAN TRN INDEX UCITS ETF (DR) DEALING DATE ¦ 28-Sep-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD17.7672 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 5,869,081 CODE ¦ View source version on ...
- Hinkley nuclear plant deal officially signed in London Sky News - 11 hours ago
Government ministers and stakeholders from the UK, France and China have attended a ceremony to officially agree the £18bn Hinkley Point C nuclear power station. A so-called contract for difference was signed in London by business secretary Greg Clark, Jean-Bernard Levy, chairman of French energy firm EDF (Paris: FR0010242511 …
- Stock markets diverge, weighing oil output deal AFP - 11 hours ago
- UK signs long-awaited Franco-Chinese nuclear project behind closed doors Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
A $24-billion deal to build Britain's first new nuclear power station in decades was signed behind closed doors in London on Thursday in a private ceremony that underlined Prime Minister Theresa May's cautious approach to the Franco-Chinese project. Journalists were not invited to the event but the government said the …
- Planned global banking rules not balanced, need changes - EU's Dombrovskis Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
A planned reform of global banking rules being discussed by the United States, Europe, Japan and other major economies risks negatively affecting European banks and needs to be changed, the EU financial services commissioner said on Thursday. The Basel Committee, a body of banking supervisors from nearly 30 countries, …
- Singapore eases online gambling ban AFP - 13 hours ago
- Euro zone inflation gauge, bond yields diverge after central bank moves Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
Financial markets appear to see a rebound in inflation on the horizon even as bond yields fall, leaving investors asking whether this shows years of easy money are finally working or is just a pricing anomaly linked to the latest central bank policy twist. The trigger for this rare break in what has been a lockstep link …
- StanChart starts direct trading between yuan, Saudi riyal, UAE dirham Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
Standard Chartered (BSE: 580001.BO - news) said on Thursday it had started direct trading between the Chinese yuan, Saudi Arabia's riyal and the UAE's dirham, making it one of the first market-makers to trade those currency pairs in China's interbank market. Last week, the operator of China's foreign exchange trading …
- Argo Group Hires Jose A. Hernandez as Head of International Businesses and Appoints David Harris as Head of Performance for the Group Business Wire - 16 hours ago
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ: AGII), an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products, today announced the appointment of Jose A. Hernandez to lead the company’s international business, which includes all insurance and reinsurance operations outside of the U.S. The appointment …
- British lawmaker says PM May has "no idea" what to do about Brexit Reuters - UK Focus - 16 hours ago
Prime Minister Theresa May's government has no idea what to do about Brexit and Britain risks sowing serious political and economic uncertainty unless it makes its policy clear soon, a senior British lawmaker said. Britain's allies fear that its exit from the EU could mark a turning point in post-Cold War international …
- Stock markets rally on OPEC agreement AFP - 17 hours ago
- A stream come true: Spotify with karaoke twist launches in Japan Sky News - 17 hours ago
Spotify has unveiled plans to launch in Japan, with a new lyrics feature that is designed to appeal to the country's love for karaoke. Several of Spotify's rivals have been lured into setting up shop in Japan and vying for a slice of the $3bn (£2.31bn) market, only to close their services down. The streaming service is …
- Asian, European stocks rally after OPEC agreement AFP - 20 hours ago
- Corestate Capital Holding S.A.: Approval of securities prospectus and capital increase by means of a private placement EQS Group - 20 hours ago
Corestate Capital Holding S.A. / Key word(s): IPO/Capital Increase29.09.2016 10:11Disclosure of an inside information according to Article 17 MAR,transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.---------------------------------------------------------------------------NOT …
- China Productivity Snapshot 2016: Foreign-Invested Companies in China Must Measure and Improve Production Performance Business Wire - 20 hours ago
China's “New Normal” of lower economic growth rates in combination with a transformation process that shifts to stronger domestic consumption models presents new challenges for foreign-invested manufacturing companies in the country. According to a new study by Technical University of Munich (TUM) and BearingPoint …
- Asia stocks rally, energy firms soar on OPEC deal AFP - 21 hours ago
- Barring India, Asian markets gain amid Opec deal to cut oil production International Business Times - 21 hours ago
- China property tycoon warns on real estate bubble AFP - 23 hours ago
- Could natural gas-powered trucks be an answer to China's smog problem? CNBC - 23 hours ago
Sustainable Energy looks at how one source of fuel could revolutionize China's roads.
- Energy firms lead Asia market rally on OPEC deal AFP - Thu, Sep 29, 2016 05:06 BST
- Oil flat after OPEC output cut deal as caution weighs CNBC - Thu, Sep 29, 2016 04:18 BST
Oil prices were flat in Asian trade after a surprise OPEC deal to limit output, as skepticism mounted over how the oil cartel would enforce the cut.
- Most Asia markets up after oil surge, but India shares drop on conflict reports CNBC - Thu, Sep 29, 2016 00:27 BST
Most Asian markets closed up on Thursday after an oil rally, but India's shares dropped after reports of conflict in the disputed region of Kashmir.
- Shop Apotheke Europe N.V.: Securities prospectus approved EQS Group - Wed, Sep 28, 2016 19:49 BST
- EU watchdog says must learn from Japan and speed up fixing banks Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Sep 28, 2016 17:34 BST
Europe must heed the lesson from Japan and tackle its "zombie banks" as fast as possible without going soft on capital requirements, a top European Union banking watchdog said on Wednesday. Andrea Enria, chairman of the European Banking Authority, said some of Europe's banks share the characteristics of poorly performing …
- FRN Variable Rate Fix Business Wire - Wed, Sep 28, 2016 16:11 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- As Agent Bank, please be advised of the following rate determined on: 9/28/2016 Issue ¦ Bank of China Limited, Hungarian Branch EUR 500,000,000 due June 2018 ISIN Number ¦ XS1253376518 ...