- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 2 hours 6 minutes ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers MSCI EM Asia Index UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 27-Nov-15 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD36.6836 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 15,940,583 CODE ¦ View source version on businesswire.com: ...
- China Nets Stake In Manchester City Owner Sky News - 4 hours ago
A state-backed consortium of Chinese investors is buying a 13% stake in the owner of Premier League giants Manchester City. The investors - led by China Media Capital (CMC (BSE: CMC6.BO - news) ) Holdings and CITIC Capital - are paying $400m (£265m) for the stake in City Football Group. The move values the group, whose …
- Hinduja Brothers Receive Prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at Asian Business Leadership Forum 2015 Business Wire - 4 hours ago
- China New Energy says no progress has been made on Sunbird project Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - China New Energy said no further developments have been made on its non-binding memorandum of understanding with Sunbird Bioenergy Africa.
- 5 Things the RBI and GDP Taught Us About the Indian Economy This Week The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
A closer look at India’s economic growth figures released Monday and the central bank's decision to leave interest rates unchanged Tuesday reveals some interesting things about how Asia’s third-largest economy is doing.
- Asia: Equities rally on hopes for fresh stimulus in China Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Asian stocks rallied on Tuesday, as investors pinned their hopes on expectations Chinese authorities will soon introduce fresh stimulus measures.
- Soccer-Chinese investors buy stake in Manchester City group Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
Chinese investors are paying $400 million for a stake in the group that owns soccer clubs including England's Manchester City and New York City FC, the country's most significant overseas investment in the game. The consortium is led by China Media Capital (CMC (BSE: CMC6.BO - news) ) Holdings and CITIC Capital and will …
- ITE full year profit and revenue hit by Russia weakness Sharecast - 9 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Exhibition and conference organiser ITE Group reported a drop in full year pre-tax profit and revenue due to difficult trading in Russia and central Asia.
- Chinese investors buy 13% stake in Man City for $400m: companies AFP - 11 hours ago
- China factory data disappoints but yuan move lifts Asian spirits AFP - 11 hours ago
- China manufacturing PMI slips to three-year low but services more upbeat Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Data released by the National Bureau of Statistics showed China's manufacturing sector contracted for the fourth month in a row, falling to its lowest level in more than three years....
- China factory data disappoints but yuan move lifts spirits AFP - 12 hours ago
- Japan pension fund, world's biggest, loses $64 bn after stock shift AFP - 12 hours ago
- China manufacturing index falls to more than 3-year low AFP - 14 hours ago
- AHF Marks World AIDS Day with HIV Testing & Awareness Events in 32 Countries; Celebrates Milestone: 500,000 Lives in Care Business Wire - 14 hours ago
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the largest global AIDS organization, will commemorate World AIDS Day on December 1 through dozens of free HIV awareness and testing events throughout US, Africa, Latin America/Caribbean, Eastern Europe, and Asia. According to the World Health Organization, there are about 36.9 million …
- China orders factories shut as smog nightmare continues AFP - 15 hours ago
- Asia, Shanghai stocks up but China factory data disappoints AFP - 16 hours ago
- Australia introduces new foreign investment regime AFP - 18 hours ago
- Chinese Yuan To Join IMF Reserve Currencies Sky News - 23 hours ago
The International Monetary Fund has announced that China's currency the yuan will be included in its group of reserve currencies. The yuan, also known as the renminbi, will join the likes of the US dollar, the British pound and the euro in the basket known as the Special Drawing Rights. Reserve currencies are those included …
- With climate at "breaking point", leaders urge breakthrough in Paris Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 19:24 GMT
World leaders launched an ambitious attempt on Monday to hold back rising temperatures, with the United States and China leading calls for the climate summit in Paris to mark a decisive turn in the fight against global warming. In a series of opening addresses to the U.N. talks, heads of state and government exhorted each …
- Britain says welcomes Chinese yuan into IMF currency basket Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 17:50 GMT
Britain's finance ministry said on Monday it welcomed the admission of China's yuan into the International Monetary Fund's benchmark currency basket. "This move appropriately reflects the growing use of the renminbi in the global trade and financial system," a Treasury spokeswoman said, adding it underlined why Britain …
- IMF approves China's yuan for reserve currency status Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 17:48 GMT
(ShareCast News) - China's yuan currency has been approved by the International Monetary Fund for addition to its exclusive basket of reserve currencies.
- Aberdeen full year profits hit by Asia, emerging markets equities slump Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 17:41 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Full year underlying pre-tax profits at investment house Aberdeen Asset Management rose only slightly to £491m from £490m due to the slump in Asian and emerging market equities.
- Europe-bound diesel diverted to stronger Asian market Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 12:25 GMT
LONDON/SINGAPORE, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Diesel cargoes which had planned to discharge in a heavily-supplied Europe have recently been redirected to Asia where the strong demand and refinery outages have constrained supplies. The reverse in flows is likely to lead to a weakening in Asian diesel refining margins but is not …
- Aberdeen sees investors pulling funds on emerging market jitters Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 09:21 GMT
Aberdeen Asset Management (Other OTC: ABDNF - news) reported a 12.5 percent fall in assets after nervous investors pulled money out of its emerging market funds and said it expected further outflows, sending its shares lower on Monday. Emerging markets have been roiled this year by concerns about global growth, particularly …
- Shanghai volatile after slump, Asia awaits data releases AFP - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 08:57 GMT
- South Korea ratifies free trade deal with China AFP - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 08:56 GMT
- IMF decision on yuan may result in further weakness Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 07:56 GMT
(ShareCast News) - China's yuan is expected to be unveiled this week as the newest member of the group of currencies which the International Monetary Fund includes in its special drawing rights, possibly ...
- London pre-open: Stocks seen lower on Asian cues Sharecast - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 07:48 GMT
(ShareCast News) - London stocks are called to open lower on Monday following a volatile session in China ahead of the International Monetary Fund's decision on whether to include the yuan in its basket ...
- Carbon prices - work in progress, not panacea, for rich and poor Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 07:00 GMT
BRUSSELS/LONDON, Nov 27 (Reuters) - It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) was supposed to be the way the market would cut greenhouse gases by itself: governments selling companies permits-to-pollute, which they could trade among themselves. While there is still support for national or regional markets, not least in China, which …
- Shanghai swings after slump, data releases in focus AFP - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 04:46 GMT
- Japan's factory output rose 1.4% in October: government AFP - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 00:34 GMT
- FOREX-Euro off to calm start in event-laden week Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Nov 29, 2015 21:59 GMT
Currency markets got off to a nondescript start on Monday thanks to an uneventful weekend, but the prospect of further policy easing this week by the European Central Bank is likely to keep the euro on the defensive. Soft inflation readings out of the euro zone on Monday and Tuesday could strengthen expectations for ECB …
- Beijing aims to refill medicine chest with "Made in China" drugs Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Nov 29, 2015 21:00 GMT
China, already a global powerhouse in high-tech areas from solar panels to bullet trains, is turning its industrial might to the challenge of making more of its own drugs for a vast and ageing population. Given the 10 years or more it typically takes to bring a new medicine to market, original "Made (Paris: FR0010328302 …
- China's stock market falls: Do these specialist funds offer some protection? Telegraph - Sun, Nov 29, 2015 08:00 GMT
The dramatic market falls in China will alarm some but long-term Asia investors are in the black, despite the turmoil