- EDF chief urges Britain to give go-ahead to nuclear plant Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
The head of EDF Energy has urged the British government to approve the Hinkley Point C nuclear power project, an explict appeal by the French energy giant ahead of a decision due within weeks. Prime Minister Theresa May intervened last month to delay the 18 billion pound ($24 billion) project, just hours after it was …
- 'Pokemon Go' behind second fatal traffic accident in Japan, Kyodo reports CNBC - 8 hours ago
A second deadly vehicle accident in Japan has been blamed on "Pokemon Go," Kyodo news agency reports.
- Venezuela says signs $5.5 bln mining deals, companies include Barrick Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 21:10 BST
President Nicolas Maduro said on Friday that Venezuela had signed over $5.5 billion in mining deals with companies including Canada's Barrick Gold Corp and China's Shandong Gold. "Today we are signing investments and letters of commitment for projects for over $5.5 billion," said Maduro in a televised meeting with foreign …
- COLUMN-Negative rates the elephant in Yellen's speech: James Saft Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 19:22 BST
Remember the phrase "negative interest rates"? Neither, it seems, does Janet Yellen. Sure, rates are negative in Japan and the euro zone. And in Denmark, Sweden and Switzerland, making it the ...
- Top 3 Drivers to Impact the Power Cable Market in China during 2016-2020, Reports Technavio Business Wire - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 19:03 BST
Technavio analysts forecast the power cable market in China to grow at a CAGR of more than 6% until 2020, according to their latest report. The research study covers the present scenario and growth prospects of the power cable market in China for 2016-2020. In 2015, the US signed a climate agreement with China, one …
- Growth of the Islamic Financing Industry to Create Opportunities for the Global Sukuk Market until 2020, Reports Technavio Business Wire - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 18:23 BST
Technavio analysts forecast the global sukuk market to grow at a CAGR of almost 9% during the forecast period, according to their latest report. The research study covers the present scenario and growth prospects of the global sukuk market for 2016-2020. To calculate the market size, the report considers the total …
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 18:16 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Net Asset Value(s) FUND ¦ db x-trackers MSCI Pacific ex Japan Index UCITS ETF (DR) DEALING DATE ¦ 25-Aug-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD50.0817 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 10,350,046 CODE ...
- Canada's Trudeau to raise canola dispute in China trip - official Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 16:59 BST
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will raise the issue of a dispute over C$2 billion worth of Canadian canola exports to China when he meets with officials there next week, a senior Canadian official ...
- Asia markets, dollar turn lower ahead of Yellen speech AFP - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 09:33 BST
- Most Asian markets lose ground ahead of speech by Fed's Janet Yellen International Business Times - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 08:44 BST
- Singapore braces for airpocalypse as fires rage in Indonesia CNBC - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 04:37 BST
Southeast Asia is bracing itself for its annual, uncomfortable tryst with haze as raging fires at Indonesian plantations worsen pollution in the region.
- Most Asia markets, dollar slip ahead of Yellen speech AFP - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 03:54 BST
- Fed rate hike could spark sell-off in Asian stocks, Macquarie warns CNBC - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 02:03 BST
A rate hike from the Federal Reserve could spark a sell-off in Asian stocks and trigger capital outflows in China, according to Macquarie Investment Management.
- Japan core inflation falls for 5th straight month AFP - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 01:32 BST
- Nikkei falls more than 1%, as falling consumer prices renew concerns CNBC - Fri, Aug 26, 2016 00:31 BST
Asia markets traded mixed on Friday, after most local markets remained near-unchanged this week ahead of a speech by the Fed chair.
- CSX Cyber Challenge to be Held at ISACA’s Global CSX Conferences Business Wire - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 22:54 BST
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill.--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Cybersecurity Competition Coming to Las Vegas, London and Singapore Competitive games can drive innovation, improve performance, and showcase skills in a structured ...
- China raps Ottawa as dispute over Canada canola exports deepens Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 22:22 BST
A dispute over C$2 billion ($1.55 billion) worth of Canadian canola exports to China intensified on Thursday when Beijing criticized Ottawa's insistence that bilateral relations could not improve until the matter is settled. The situation threatens to mar Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's visit to China next week. …
- Heavy Investments by the Chinese Government to Create Opportunities for the Data Center Market in China until 2020, Reports Technavio Business Wire - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 18:43 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Technavio analysts forecast the data center market in China to grow at a CAGR of approximately 13% during the forecast period, according to their latest report. The research study ...
- Brexit Partly Blamed For Pushing Up Price of Bacon Sky News - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 18:37 BST
The rise is attributed to higher demand from China, which is taking advantage of low UK pork prices as a result of the fall in the pound. Industry data shows a surge in exports from the UK and EU, mainly driven by China, in the first half of 2016. The demand is high because of floods that have hit China's own pork in …
- Top 4 Emerging Trends Impacting the Global Wet Fire Sprinkler Systems Market Through 2020, from Technavio Business Wire - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 18:03 BST
Technavio’s latest report on the global wet fire sprinkler systems market provides an analysis on the most important trends expected to impact the market outlook from 2016-2020. Sunil Kumar Singh, a lead analyst from Technavio, specializing in research on embedded systems sector, says, “The global wet fire sprinkler …
- Poland first in Europe to issue Chinese 'Panda bonds' AFP - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 14:02 BST
- China says unhappy with Canada's hard line on canola dispute Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 13:52 BST
China opposes Canada's stance that bilateral ties cannot be improved until a dispute over Canadian canola exports has been settled, the Chinese embassy in Ottawa said in a statement on Thursday. China ...
- Singapore trials driverless taxis in world first AFP - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 12:17 BST
- Singapore Shifts Gear With Launch Of World's First Self-Driving Taxi's Yahoo Finance UK - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 11:07 BST
- China Zhongwang Posts Adjusted Net Profit of RMB1.51 Billion in 1H 2016 EQS Group - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 09:25 BST
Mr. Lu Changqing, President and Executive Director of China Zhongwang, said, "The Chinese Government actively promotes transformation and upgrading of industries, creating new opportunities for green and environmentally friendly fabricated aluminium products. In the first half of 2016, the Group continued to achieve business …
- 'Inactivity rules:' These are some of the quietest markets for 10 years Business Insider UK Finance - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 09:14 BST
While August is usually the month for taking a long holiday, in 2015, China's currency devaluation and stock market crash made sure the month was volatile. Deutsche Bank's head of global fundamental credit stragy, Jim Reid, puts out a daily note on the markets for clients and is having a tough time coming to terms with …
- China's CNOOC reports $1.16 bn net loss AFP - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 08:06 BST
- Asian markets mixed ahead of speech by Fed's Janet Yellen International Business Times - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 08:02 BST
While Asian stock market indices were trading mixed on Thursday (25 August), the Shanghai Composite was down 0.88% at 3,058.72 as of 5.57am GMT. Traders are reportedly eager to listen to Fed Chair Janet Yellen's speech on Friday (26 August) at the annual economic policy symposium in Jackson Hole, US.
- What’s stopping luxury goods groups in China moving from bricks to clicks? CNBC - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 07:07 BST
China’s luxury consumers are moving beyond bricks and mortar and going online for their next python-skin handbag fix, and high-end fashion retailers will have to follow them, analysts warn.
- Elderly Healthcare in Asia Pacific Will Cost US$20 Trillion over the Next 15 Years Business Wire - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 07:00 BST
Elderly healthcare in the Asia Pacific region will cost more than US$20 trillion between 2015 and 2030, according to a new report released today by Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE:MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in risk, strategy, and people, and its newly launched Asia …
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Launches Asia Pacific Risk Center Supported by the Singapore Economic Development Board Business Wire - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 07:00 BST
Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in risk, strategy, and people, and the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) today announced the launch of the Asia Pacific Risk Center (APRC) in Singapore. The center is MMC’s inaugural risk research …
- SAF-HOLLAND withdraws all-cash offer for Haldex AB EQS Group - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 06:31 BST
The offer is not being made, and this press release may not be distributed, directly or indirectly, in or into, nor will any tender of shares be accepted from or on behalf of holders in, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa or any other jurisdiction in which the making of the offer, the distribution …
- Singapore to begin world’s first public trial of self-driving taxis CNBC - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 04:51 BST
Singapore is taking the next step in the world's move towards self-driving vehicles with the first public trial of autonomous-drive taxis.
- DBS: This is where to look for income opportunities CNBC - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 00:28 BST
Look to Singaporean and Hong Kong for investments that offer quality and income, said Lim Say Boon, chief investment officer at DBS Wealth Management.
- Asia markets mixed, dollar strength weighs on oil CNBC - Thu, Aug 25, 2016 00:23 BST
Asia markets mostly fell across the board Thursday morning, as traders stayed on edge ahead of Janet Yellen's Friday speech.