- GLOBAL MARKETS-Dollar, bond yields stand tall on enhanced Fed rate hike prospects Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
TOKYO, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 28 (Reuters) - The dollar stood near a three-month high against the yen on Friday after increased chances for a near-term U.S. interest rate hike boosted Treasury yields that had already gained in the wake of a surge in British and euro zone yields. Upbeat U.S. data including jobless …
- South Korea's president under fire in Clinton-style national security scandal CNBC - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
South Korea's President Park Geun-hye faces calls to quit, as a national security scandal inflames political uncertainty in Asia's fourth-largest economy.
- Starpharma: Additional Priostar® Glyphosate Patent Allowed in US Business Wire - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Starpharma Holdings Ltd (ASX:SPL)(OTCQX:SPHRY) today announced the allowance of a patent by the US Patent Office for a Priostar® glyphosate formulation. Additional term may also be available in relation to patent office delay and regulatory approval. This patent adds further value to the Priostar® patent portfolio …
- Pontianaks and peanut-butter pumpkins: This is Halloween, Singapore-style CNBC - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
What's hot for Halloween this year in Singapore? Horror with an Asian edge, plus "Suicide Squad" and candy corn.
- Japan consumer prices fall for seventh straight month AFP - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
- COLUMN-Goodbye Shanghai, hello Qianhai: HKEx's quest for a metals connector: Andy Home Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 27 (Reuters) - When Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEx (HKSE: 0388-OL.HK - news) ) bought the venerable London Metal Exchange (LME) in 2012, the narrative was all about China. HKEx was, it claimed, uniquely positioned to bridge the gap between the world's oldest marketplace for …
- Asia stock markets trade mixed; oil prices inch up, bond yields rise CNBC - 5 hours ago
Asian markets were mixed Friday as investors parse a deluge of economic data and corporate earnings results.
- Hermes Investment joins bid for National Grid's gas pipelines unit- Sky News Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
Hermes Investment Management has joined a consortium bidding to buy a controlling stake in the gas distribution division of National Grid, Sky News reported. The bid already comprised China Investment ...
- China Bitcoin trading pushes price towards $700 International Business Times - 9 hours ago
The weakening Yuan is continuing to drive Bitcoin trading in China, pushing the cryptocurrency's price towards $700. Bitcoin's price reached a high of $686.80 on 27 October. Three major Chinese exchanges - Huobi, OkCoin and BTCC - have reached approximately 7m Bitcoin in a 24 hour period - although this should be taken …
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 11 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers MSCI JAPAN TRN INDEX UCITS ETF (DR) DEALING DATE ¦ 25-Oct-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD50.5760 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 25,841,008 CODE ¦ View source version on ...
- FRN Variable Rate Fix Business Wire - 12 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Re: Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation USD 400,000,000.00 MATURING: 31-Dec-2099 ISIN: GB0004355490 PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE INTEREST RATE FOR THE PERIOD 31-Oct-2016 TO ...
- FOREX-Dollar near 3-month high vs yen, boosted by U.S. bond yields Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 27 (Reuters) - The dollar traded close to a three-month high against the yen on Thursday, underpinned by higher U.S. bond yields and growing expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will raise interest rates by the end of the year. Sweden's crown fell towards a 6-1/2-year low …
- Most Asian markets slide following weak China economic data International Business Times - 20 hours ago
- Fujitsu in PC merger talks with Lenovo AFP - 21 hours ago
- 10 things you need to know in markets today Business Insider UK Finance - 22 hours ago
Deutsche Bank reported better than expected results. The BBC reports that the lender enjoyed a 2% rise in third-quarter sales to €7.5 billion (£6.6 billion, $8.1 billion) and a profit of €278 million (£248 million, $303 million), up from a €6 billion (£5.3 billion, $6.5 billion) loss in the same quarter of 2015. Global …
- Spend, spend, spend! Tourists throng London's West End buying luxury brands as pound falls International Business Times - 22 hours ago
The falling pound has brought tourists flocking to London looking for cheap deals on Rolex watches and Burberry coats. Since the UK's vote to leave the European Union on 23 June sterling has fallen by around 15% against the dollar and around 20% against the euro. This has been a boon for the UK's luxury industry, which …
- GE Reaches Agreement to Acquire a 75% Stake in Concept Laser GmbH of Germany Business Wire - 22 hours ago
GE (NYSE: GE), the world’s leading digital industrial company, has reached an agreement to acquire a 75% stake in Concept Laser GmbH for $599 million (€549 million). Privately-held Concept Laser has more than 200 employees and is headquartered in Lichtenfels, Germany, with significant operations in the United States …
- FOREX-Dollar pauses vs yen after getting lift from U.S. yields Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
SINGAPORE, Oct (Shenzhen: 000069.SZ - news) 27 (Reuters) - The dollar held steady near a three-month high against the yen on Thursday, as rises in U.S. bond yields and expectations for the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates this year helped underpin the greenback. Helping to bolster the greenback's appeal, the U.S. …
- As Duterte pivots to Asia, Japan and China eye trillion-dollar Philippine resources CNBC - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 04:59 BST
China and Japan are competing to invest in $1 trillion worth of mineral resources in the Philippines, shedding light behind Manila's Asia pivot.
- China doesn't fake GDP, state media insists, after 3 quarters of freakishly steady growth CNBC - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 03:31 BST
Remarkably steady growth rates for three straight quarters have raised suspicions about “data smoothing” but China doesn't need to do that, Xinhua says.
- AG&P Unveils the First Ultra-Shallow Draft Small LNG Carrier Work Horse for Southeast Asia’s Stranded Power Markets Business Wire - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 02:00 BST
- Asian stocks trade mixed as energy stocks fall amid declines in oil prices CNBC - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 00:30 BST
Markets in Asia Pacific traded mixed on Thursday, with energy plays in the region under pressure following declines in oil prices.
- Australia's beef with China plays out over country-sized cattle farm CNBC - Thu, Oct 27, 2016 00:07 BST
A new bidding war over Australia's biggest farm has reignited fears of anti-China sentiment and put pressure on Canberra to clarify investment rules.
- Apple, oil weigh on global equities AFP - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 22:15 BST
- In-Memory OLAP Database – Market Trends and Forecasts: Technavio Business Wire - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 19:44 BST
Technavio’s latest report on the global in-memory OLAP database market provides an analysis on the most important trends expected to impact the market outlook from 2016-2020. The in-memory OLAP database market will grow at CAGR of 24.95% during the forecast period due to the growing adoption of in-memory OLAP database …
- US probes China-tied aluminum firms: report AFP - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 19:43 BST
- Apple, commodity strains weigh on equities AFP - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 18:13 BST
- Apple will release three new phones next year — all with new glass backings, report says CNBC - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 16:36 BST
Three new Apple iPhones are coming next year, all with glass backings, an industry source told the Nikkei Asian Review.
- Apple's bullish China talk isn't impressing anyone anymore CNBC - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 16:20 BST
Apple is again talking up the long-term China market as shares sink after earnings, but Wall Street analysts are alarmingly quiet on the topic.
- Drugmaker GSK returns to growth in China after torrid time Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 15:28 BST
GlaxoSmithKline comments on China during third-quarter results: * CEO Andrew Witty tells analysts GSK is fundamentally back to growth in China * China business up 24% in third quarter * Reflects particularly ...
- Rock star Yoshiki Hayashi on how his career saved his life CNBC - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 13:00 BST
X Japan's front man shares how he re-discovered his passion after tragedy and loss.
- AdaptiveMobile Finds That Thousands of North American iCloud Users’ Accounts Are Still Being Hijacked to Send Spam Business Wire - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 13:00 BST
AdaptiveMobile, the world leader in mobile network security, is reporting continued spam being sent from North American iCloud users’ accounts, resulting in these accounts being used to send hundreds of thousands of spam SMS messages to China. The Company is also reporting a broadening of attacks, with the initial …
- Legendary investor Mark Mobius: Don't listen to naysayers; buy China — it's not passé CNBC - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 12:57 BST
It's not time to abandon the Red Giant, according to this legendary investor. China's growth is still robust, and its middle class is rising.
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Oil price declines weigh on European markets Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 12:24 BST
European shares fell on Wednesday maintaining a gloomy trend set in Asia and the United States, and with concerns about a global glut of oil looming over the market. Mixed results from the continent's ...
- Avolon: Q3 Fleet of 432 Aircraft Increased 67% Year-on-Year Business Wire - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 12:23 BST
DUBLIN & HONG KONG--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Strong quarter headlined by transactions with GECAS and CIT Avolon, the international aircraft leasing company, issues an update for the third quarter of 2016 (‘Q3’). ...