- Premier African Minerals hires mining funding veteran Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 17:07 GMT
The hiring of mining veteran Michael Foster by AIM-listed Premier African Minerals has been hailed by analysts at Shore Capital.
- Electrocomponents appoints new group chief executive Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:42 GMT
Electrocomponents has appointed Lindsley Ruth its new chief executive (CEO). He will take on the role from 1 April 2015.
- Pearson publishes flat sales but more stable markets in 2015, appoints new CFO Sharecast - Fri, Feb 27, 2015 10:02 GMT
Closing out a two-year restructuring programme, Pearson has delivered results broadly in line with expectations and expressed confidence about returning to earnings growth in 2015 as its markets stabilise....
- FRN Variable Rate Fix Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:46 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Re: Lloyds Bank PLC CZK 402,000,000.00 MATURING: 01-Dec-2021 ISIN: XS1143451992 PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE INTEREST RATE FOR THE PERIOD 02-Mar-2015 TO 01-Jun-2015 HAS BEEN FIXED ...
- London close: FTSE edges higher to new record close Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 17:36 GMT
London's FTSE 100 managed to inch higher to a new record high on Thursday as improving economic data across Europe and positive developments in Ukraine boosted markets after a slow start.
- London open: Influx of earnings and economic data keeps stocks flat Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 10:47 GMT
UK stocks were more or less flat on Thursday morning with markets fluctuating at record highs amid a barrage of corporate earnings and economic data.
- Standard Chartered chief to step down in June Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 08:47 GMT
Standard Chartered appointed Bill Winters, former JPMorgan boss, as the new chief executive.
- RBS reports £3.5bn loss, Davies new chairman, McEwan forgoes £1m bonus Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 08:10 GMT
The Royal Bank of Scotland has more than halved its full year losses to reach £3.47bn as it continued to slim down its risk profile and confirmed the appointment of Sir Howard Davies as its new chairman ...
- Thursday newspaper round-up: HSBC, RBS, Pharmacyclics Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 07:13 GMT
HSBC boss Stuart Gulliver apologised to MPs on Wednesday for the "unacceptable events" at the bank's Swiss subsidiary following revelations about tax-avoidance activities in the mid-2000s, reports ...
- Directorate Change Business Wire - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 07:05 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- RSA Insurance Group plc - Group Chief Financial Officer RSA Insurance Group plc today announces that Richard Houghton, Group Chief Financial Officer, will stand down from the Board ...
- Tesco loses two more directors as Garfield and Tammenoms step down Sharecast - Thu, Feb 26, 2015 00:01 GMT
Two more Tesco directors have decided to join chairman Sir Richard Broadbent in departing at the end of this week.
- Rare Element Resources Names Lowell A. Shonk as Interim Chairman as Patrick M. James Steps Down Business Wire - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 22:57 GMT
Rare Element Resources Ltd. (NYSE MKT: REE and TSX: RES), a mineral resources company advancing development of the Bear Lodge Critical Rare Earth Project located in northeast Wyoming, reported today that Patrick M. James, Chairman and Director since 2014, submitted his resignation to the Company, effective immediately, …
- Evercore Expands Its Chemicals Advisory Franchise with the Recruitment of E. Thomas Massey and Marc van der Lubbe Business Wire - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 21:45 GMT
Evercore (NYSE:EVR) announced today that E. Thomas Massey and Marc van der Lubbe have agreed to join the firm’s Investment Banking business. Mr. Massey will join as a Senior Managing Director and will lead Evercore’s Chemicals advisory franchise globally. Mr. van der Lubbe will join as a Managing Director in the Chemicals …
- FTSE 250 movers: Petrofac beats analysts' expectations, AO World and Supergroup drop Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 16:16 GMT
Petrofac topped the risers as profits came in above analysts' expectations, albeit towards the bottom of the company's own guidance. Chief executive Ayman Asfari said the company was well positioned to ...
- Supergroup boardroom upheaval continues as CFO replaced Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 13:33 GMT
In four months under the whip of new chief executive Euan Sutherland, Supergroup has parted company with half the executives on the board after chief financial officer Shaun Wills was issued marching orders ...
- Gulf Keystone soars over 65% on sale speculation Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 11:08 GMT
Oil producer Gulf Keystone Petroleum shares soared over 65% after saying it had opened negotiations with a number of parties over a possible sale.
- London open: UK stocks tread water at all-time high Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 09:16 GMT
UK stocks were flat on Wednesday morning as markets paused for breath following the new all-time highs reached the previous session.
- London pre-open: Small retreat expected after Tuesday's record highs Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 07:52 GMT
UK markets were expected to pull back slightly on Wednesday as investors tread cautiously following the new all-time highs reached the previous session.
- Driver Group falls on contract delays and cancellations Sharecast - Wed, Feb 25, 2015 00:56 GMT
Driver Group chairman Alan McClue, warned that the construction and engineering consultancy will fall short of its annual expectations because of contract delays and cancellations.
- Allegion to Present at Bank of America Merrill Lynch Conference in London Business Wire - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 23:00 GMT
DUBLIN--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Allegion plc (NYSE:ALLE), a leading global provider of security products and solutions, announced today that Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Patrick Shannon will ...
- Wednesday preview: Eyes on Whitbread, Weir Group earnings and China manufacturing data Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 18:42 GMT
Leisure and hospitality giant Whitbread is expected report its fourth quarter trading update on Wednesday. The update is likely to be welcomed by markets due to an improving UK consumer environment and ...
- BATS Global Markets Names Chris Concannon CEO; Joe Ratterman Becomes Chairman Business Wire - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 16:45 GMT
BATS Global Markets (BATS), a leading operator of U.S. and European markets, today announced that President Chris Concannon will be appointed to the additional role of chief executive officer, effective March 31, 2015. Mr. Concannon arrived at BATS as president in December 2014 with nearly 20 years of experience as …
- Crawshaw promises meaty results for full year Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 15:48 GMT
Butcher-shop group Crawshaw has lifted its profit guidance for the full year, and will later this week welcome a new chief executive poached from Lidl.
- Lonmin chief operating officer leaves after just six months Sharecast - Tue, Feb 24, 2015 11:43 GMT
The chief operating officer of Lonmin has resigned just six months after taking the job, with analysts concerned about the loss of senior staff at the platinum miner over the last year.
- Anglo CEO sells £0.4m of shares to cover tax payment Sharecast - Mon, Feb 23, 2015 17:36 GMT
Anglo American's boss offloaded nearly £0.4m-worth of shares in the mining group on Monday, the company said.