- Early Repurchase Business Wire - Fri, May 1, 2015 18:10 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- ISSUER ISIN CCY Nominal Markdown Amount Remaining Balance Value date MORGAN STANLEY XS0310436976 EUR 10,000,000.00 10,000,000.00 0.00 4/30/2015 Contact Bank of New ...
- Smiths Group steals Vesuvius CFO Chris O'Shea Sharecast - Fri, May 1, 2015 08:42 BST
Technology outfit Smiths Group has appointed Vesuvius' chief financial officer Chris O'Shea as its new finance director.
- Statement re Tony Smurfit appointed as Group CEO Designate Business Wire - Fri, May 1, 2015 07:00 BST
Dublin, London | 1 May 2015: Smurfit Kappa Group (’SKG’ or the ‘Group’) one of the world’s largest integrated manufacturers of paper-based packaging products with operations in Europe and the Americas, today announces that Mr Gary McGann, Group Chief Executive Officer (Group CEO) will retire on 31 August, 2015. The …
- Liberal Democrats to triple paternity leave if elected Sharecast - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 19:01 BST
The Liberal Democrats announced plans to triple paternity leave from 2 weeks to six weeks during a visit to a play centre in East Dunbartonshire.
- Labour pledges drive over 100 top bosses to back Tories in letter of support Sharecast - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 18:58 BST
More than 100 business have declared support for a Conservative government in an open letter published in the Daily Telegraph, as the prioritisation of small firms and the reform of zero-hour contracts ...
- Berendsen disappoints with results despite new CEO appointment Sharecast - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 10:50 BST
First quarter sales at laundry services group Berendsen fell 5%, in line with expectations, due to strong currency headwinds and troubles in the UK with a hotel linen contract.
- Galliford Try reshuffles its executive ranks Sharecast - Thu, Apr 30, 2015 09:58 BST
Peter Truscott has been appointed as the new chief executive of Galliford Try, the construction and housebuilding company confirmed on Thursday.
- SRT Appoints North American Sales Manager Business Wire - Wed, Apr 29, 2015 16:06 BST
- Wednesday newspaper round-up: Mike Coupe sentenced, David Cameron, Horse Hill Sharecast - Wed, Apr 29, 2015 08:20 BST
Mike Couple, the chief executive of J Sainsbury, has been sentenced to two years in jail in Egypt, reports The Times. "The case relates to claims that last July Mr Coupe tried to seize cheques connected ...
- London close: Jitters around Greece weigh on stocks ahead of Fed meeting Sharecast - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 18:43 BST
Stocks dropped ahead of tomorrow's policy decision from the US Federal Reserve as nervousness surrounding Greece continued to simmer, despite another drop in Greek sovereign bond yields after Athens bowed ...
- StorMagic Launches SvSAN Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Business Wire - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 13:00 BST
StorMagic®, a leading provider of enterprise-class software-defined storage for virtual server environments, today announced the availability of its management pack and storage management provider (SMP) for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM). The new management pack allows users to centralize monitoring …
- London midday: Economists revisit rate forecasts after weak GDP data Sharecast - Tue, Apr 28, 2015 01:27 BST
Shares continued to move lower ahead of tomorrow's policy decision from the US Federal Reserve, despite another drop in Greek sovereign bond yields after Athens bowed to pressure to re-jig the team in ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Supergroup soars on RBC upgrade, Lonmin lower after Exane downgrade Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 16:53 BST
SuperGroup was trading higher as RBC Capital Markets raised its rating on the clothing chain. The broker, which hiked its recommendation to 'outperform' from 'sector perform', also increased its price ...
- Directorate Change Business Wire - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 14:37 BST
● Rupert Clevely, a non-executive director, is stepping down from the Board with immediate effect. Rupert was the founder of Geronimo Inns and was appointed to the Board in 2010 on its acquisition by the Company. He has recently expressed an intention to pursue other ventures in the leisure and hospitality industry. …
- Monday newspaper round-up: Housing, Primark, HSBC, Natural Gas Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 08:08 BST
Ed Miliband will today intensify a political offensive over housing with an offer to exempt first-time buyers from up to £5,000 in stamp duty using cash raised from tax crackdowns on rogue landlords and ...
- Tinubu Square Announces New Head for Asia Pacific Region Business Wire - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 08:00 BST
Tinubu Square, leader in credit risk software solutions for trade credit insurers and businesses, has today announced the appointment of Charles Dufourcq as Vice President for Asia Pacific. After seven years in Singapore, Charles is widely experienced in the region’s technology market, where he has worked for a number …
- Market overview: ITV leads fallers as Ofcom reveals new phone-in charges Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 01:59 BST
1010: The FTSE 100 is down almost 30 point at 7,041.12 led by falls at ITV, Tesco, and RSA Insurance. ITV is down just as Ofcom have announced changes to the cost of entering phone-ins, competitions and ...
- Tokyo Electron and Applied Materials back off merger plan Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 01:53 BST
US equipment manufacturer Applied Materials and Japanese electronics and semiconductor company Tokyo Electron are to ditch their merger plan, both companies confirmed on Sunday, citing concerns expressed ...
- BT confirms £12.5bn offer for EE Sharecast - Mon, Apr 27, 2015 01:40 BST
Telecoms company BT has confirmed its cash and shares offer of £12.5bn for Britain's largest mobile operator EE.
- Great Portland Estates completes acquisition of remaining Starwood Capital JV Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 12:41 BST
Property development group Great Portland Estates has acquired full ownership of the Great Star Partnership joint venture for £61.4m from investment company Starwood Capital .
- London pre-open: Stocks called to start the day higher Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 08:58 BST
The top flight index is being called to rise by 0.3% at the start of trading as investors patiently wait for the inevitable news-flow which is expected around today´s meeting of Eurozone finance ministers....
- London midday: HSBC and StanChart ponders transferring HQ outside UK Sharecast - Fri, Apr 24, 2015 01:18 BST
Stocks were holding modestly higher on Friday at noon amid residual optimism over the Greek debt negotiations and on the coat-tails of overnight gains on Wall Street.
- More engagement needed if pension reform is to work properly, experts say Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 18:25 BST
The new pensions reform could lead to a number of workers being rushed into making a decision over their retirement plans, industry experts said on Thursday.
- Deutsche Bank pays $2.5bn to settle Libor rigging claims in UK and US Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 14:36 BST
Deutsche Bank has agreed to pay $2.5bn to settle US interest rate-rigging claims from UK and US regulators, including the largest ever UK fine for rate manipulation.
- Thursday newspaper round-up: Pace, Petrobas, IG Group Sharecast - Thu, Apr 23, 2015 08:20 BST
Set-top box maker Pace has agreed to a £1.4bn takeover by sector peer Arris, reports The Times. The company will hold its annual general meeting on Thursday, at which it will present the recommended deal ...