- Thursday newspaper round-up: Ukraine, AstraZeneca, Scotland Sharecast - 15 minutes ago
The rhetoric between Kiev and Moscow has taken a distinct turn for the worse. On Wednesday Russia warned that any attack on its citizens in Ukraine would be considered as an attack on itself. That came ...
- FTV Capital Names New Partner Business Wire - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
- Former Pru chief Prettejohn appointed Scottish Widows chair City A.M. - 3 hours ago
- City Moves for 24 April 2014 | Who’s switching jobs City A.M. - 10 hours ago
Bircham Dyson BellHarriet Morgan has been appointed partner in the law firm’s private wealth team. She joins from Reed Smith, where she has been a tax partner since 2006. Morgan has particular experience ...
- Thursday preview: Investors waiting on AstraZeneca and Barclays Sharecast - 15 hours ago
Thursday will be another big day in capital markets in London. In particular, traders will be braced for the latest first quarter earnings figures out from drugs giant AstraZeneca.
- Early Repurchase Business Wire - 16 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- ISSUER ISIN CCY Nominal Mark down amount Remaining balance Value date Peermont Global (PTY) Limited XS0297395286 SAR 11,687,469.20 11,687,459.00 10.20 4/16/2014 Peermont ...
- FTSE 250 movers: Drax sinks after power station setback Sharecast - 18 hours ago
Shares in renewable energy provider Drax lost more than 13 per cent of their value on Wednesday, hit by the group's announcement that one of its power station units was no longer deemed eligible by the ...
- Patisserie Valerie owner announces London IPO plans Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Patisserie Holdings, the operator of the Patisserie Valerie chain of cafes majority owned by ex-Pizza Express boss Luke Johnson, has cooked up plans to float on AIM.
- Barclays 'may slash 7,500 investment bank jobs', says broker Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Barclays could slash 7,500 investment banking jobs as part of an overhaul of its business following various scandals, a broker said on Wednesday.
- Associated British Foods appoints a non-executive director Sharecast - 20 hours ago
Multinational food processing and retailing company, Associated British Foods, announced it has appointed Ruth Cairnie as a non-executive director with effect from May 1st.
- London open: Stocks edge higher, AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion Sharecast - 22 hours ago
AB Foods jumps on Primark expansion plans; Stocks rise, but upside limited; BoE minutes, economic data ahead; Chinese manufacturing PMI contracts again.
- Wolseley appoints Darren Shapland as a non-executive director Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Manufacturing and building materials group Wolseley has announced the appointment of Darren Shapland as a Non-Executive Director with effect from May 1st.
- Wednesday preview: Chinese and Eurozone manufacturing data due out Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 08:50 BST
Barring unexpected events, the upcoming trading session may well turn out to be the most interesting this week, as investors focus on a raft of important economic data which are set for release, alongside ...
- London pre-open: FTSE to open marginally lower Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 08:46 BST
Following yesterday's surge on the back of bid speculation and M&A activity within the pharma sector, today's session looks set for a fairly flat start, with the top tier expected to inch marginally lower ...
- ReNeuron seeks to expand board with new CEO Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 01:20 BST
A new chief executive is being sought by AIM-listed stem cell specialist ReNeuron as it enters the next stage of its development.
- City Moves for 23 April 2014 | Who’s switching jobs City A.M. - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 00:36 BST
HSBC Private BankOliver Gregson has been appointed head of private bank investment group, UK and Channel Islands, at HSBC Private Bank. He joins from Barclays Wealth, where he was head of discretionary ...
- Cubic Adds Transportation Expert Steven Norris to Board of Directors Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 21:05 BST
Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) today announced that Steven John Norris, a UK businessman and former government minister, was appointed to the company’s board of directors and its nominating and corporate governance committee. Norris is a recognized authority on transport and infrastructure issues. “Steve has extraordinary …
- AXIS Capital Announces David Phillips as Chief Investment Officer Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 21:05 BST
AXIS Capital Holdings Limited (“AXIS Capital” or “the Company”) (NYSE:AXS) announced today the appointment of David Phillips as Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, effective April 17, 2014. Mr. Phillips will report to Albert Benchimol, President & CEO. Mr. Phillips has more than 18 years experience …
- London close: FTSE closes in positive territory, pharma stocks lead Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 18:16 BST
FTSE closes up 56.51 points at 6,681.76; Easter weekend retail sales disappoint; Monthly US existing home sales down 0.4 per cent
- Net Asset Values Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 18:11 BST
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers Stoxx® Europe 600 Food & Beverage UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 17-Apr-14 NAV PER SHARE ¦ EUR86.0816 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 667,579 CODE ¦ Contact DB X-Trackers ...
- Glaxo announces massive three-part deal with Swiss peer Novartis - UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 16:25 BST
GSK to return 4bn pounds to shareholders after Novartis three-part deal; Companies to create new consumer business; Novartis to sell Vaccines business to GSK; GSK to sell Oncology portfolio to Novartis....
- Man Utd replaces coach Moyes with Giggs - UPDATE Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:50 BST
Manchester United manager David Moyes quit the English soccer club on Tuesday after failing to impress since he replaced Alex Ferguson last July.
- McLarens Promotes Gary Brown to President and COO in Operational Restructure Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 13:45 BST
CEO and Chairman Vern Chalfant to focus on acquisitions, global strategy and initiatives McLarens, the global loss adjuster with a niche focus on commercial claims, has announced a number of changes to its global and USA leadership teams as part of a restructure aimed at providing better operational management across …
- Fahrenheit 212 Expands Innovation Business with the Opening of a London Office Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 11:00 BST
London office will serve as a gateway for the firm’s strategic growth plans and expansion in Europe Innovation consultancy Fahrenheit 212 today announced that it will open an office in London to support the firm’s strategic growth plans and allow the company to serve its current client base with multinational operations, …
- Manchester United: Giggs to take charge Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 10:21 BST
MANCHESTER, England--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Following the departure of David Moyes as manager, Manchester United (NYSE:MANU) has announced that Ryan Giggs, the Club’s most decorated player, will assume responsibility ...