- ABF profits halve as sugar business disappoints Telegraph - 36 minutes ago
Associated British Foods said its sugar arm is continuing to struggle, but operating profit at Primark has risen
- Rio Tinto maintains full-year production guidance Sharecast - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
Australian iron ore miner Rio Tinto will meet its full-year production targets despite lower than expected iron-ore shipments as a result of poor weather and transport delays.
- Oil prices dip as U.S. stockpiles seen rising Reuters - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
Oil prices fell on Tuesday on expectations of another rise in U.S. stockpiles and as Saudi Arabia keeps output near record highs, but prices remained near a 2015 peak reached last week. Crude prices have climbed around 16 percent since the start of April due to mounting concern over conflict in Yemen, with the U.S. navy …
- India to auction 69 marginal fields owned by ONGC, Oil India - official Reuters - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
India will soon auction 69 marginal oil and gas fields owned by state explorers Oil and Natural Gas Corp and Oil India Ltd, the country's oil secretary said on Tuesday. "Marginal field policy will have approval soon for 69 fields which ONGC and Oil India have agreed to give. We hope to put them for bidding," Saurabh Chandra …
- Iran wants OPEC to pave way for its extra oil production when sanctions lifted Reuters - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
Members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) should prepare for extra Iranian crude production when Western sanctions on Tehran are lifted, Iran's oil minister was quoted on Tuesday by state news agency IRNA as saying. "We expect the members of OPEC to pave the ground for (an) increase of Iran's …
- Dragon Oil sells more crude in first quarter but at much lower price Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
The company, which is assessing an approach by its main shareholder Emirates National Oil Co (ENOC) for the remainder of its equity, sold 4.8 million barrels of crude oil over the period at an average price of $40 per barrel, versus 2.7 million barrels sold last year at an average price of $92 per barrel. The London-listed …
- ADM Expands its Corn Processing Footprint with Acquisition of Facilities in Bulgaria and Turkey, and Increase of Ownership in Hungary Facility Business Wire - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
Archer Daniels Midland Company today announced an agreement to purchase several assets of Eaststarch C.V., ADM’s 50-50 joint venture with Tate & Lyle . Under the terms of the agreement, ADM will take full ownership of corn wet mills in Bulgaria and Turkey, and will own a 50 percent stake in a wet mill in Hungary.
- VEGOILS-Market factors to watch April 21 Reuters - 8 hours ago
The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets. FUNDAMENTALS * Malaysian palm oil futures rose in tight trade on Monday, lifted by robust overseas ...
- Amkor Technology to Announce First Quarter 2015 Financial Results on April 27, 2015 Business Wire - 8 hours ago
Amkor Technology, Inc. , a leading provider of semiconductor packaging and test services, today announced that it will issue its financial results for the first quarter 2015 after the close of trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market on Monday, April 27, 2015.
- Final Glance: Silver companies Associated Press - 9 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies were up at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.05 or 1.6 percent, to $3.21. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.05 or .5 percent, to $9.34. Silver Standard Resources ...
- Final Glance: Gold companies Associated Press - 9 hours ago
Shares of some top gold companies were mixed at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.01 or .1 percent, to $12.75. Gold Fields Ltd ADS rose $.22 or 5.5 percent, to $4.24. GoldCorp fell $.25 or ...
- Final Glance: Coal companies Associated Press - 9 hours ago
Shares of some top coal companies were mixed at the close of trading: Arch Coal rose $.02 or 1.9 percent, to $1.06. Consol Energy Inc. fell $1.09 or 3.5 percent, to $30.05. Peabody Energy fell $.10 or ...
- Dominion Diamond Corporation Reports Diavik Diamond Mine First Calendar Quarter Production Business Wire - 9 hours ago
Dominion Diamond Corporation reports Diavik Diamond Mine production results for the first calendar quarter of 2015:
- Business Highlights Associated Press - 10 hours ago
___ A small victory for fliers: summer domestic fares fall $2.01 After years of steadily-rising airfare, travelers this summer can expect a tiny bit of relief — $2.01 in savings to be exact. The average ...
- New World Gold Corporation Continues Sampling of Its Rare Earth Deposit Business Wire - 11 hours ago
New World Gold Corporation , a gold mining and milling company with existing operations in Ecuador and Peru, wishes to announce that a more detailed and comprehensive sampling program has begun on its rare earth Antimony deposit in Ecuador.
- Congo to restart talks over mining code, Randgold CEO says Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
Democratic Republic of Congo's government has told mining companies it intends to reopen negotiations with them over a revision of the mining code sent to parliament last month, Randgold Resources' CEO said on Monday. Mark Bristow told journalists in the capital Kinshasa that he had received assurances from Prime Minister …
- Oil up on drop in U.S. crude stockpiles, Middle East tensions Reuters - 12 hours ago
Oil prices ended in positive territory on Monday after a drop in stockpiles at the delivery point for U.S. crude in the second half of last week outweighed pressure from near record high production in Saudi Arabia. Tensions after the dispatch of U.S. Navy ships to waters near Yemen and an alert issued by Saudi Arabia for …
- Oil prices mixed after China stimulus move AFP - 12 hours ago
- Barrick taps Michael Klein as advisor on Zaldivar mine options-sources Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
LONDON/TORONTO, April 20 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp is being advised on options for its Zaldivar copper mine in Chile by the boutique firm of mining rainmaker Michael Klein, in a deal potentially worth around $2 billion, three sources familiar with the matter said on Monday. Toronto-based Barrick has already contacted …
- Grain mixed, livestock lower Associated Press - 13 hours ago
Grain futures were mixed Monday on the Chicago Board of Trade. Wheat for July delivery rose 9 cents to $4.9825 a bushel; July corn was 2 cents lower at 3.8475 a bushel; July oats fell 2.25 cents to 2.6675 ...
- Britain hands Russian fund deadline to exit North Sea AFP - 13 hours ago
- EU to charge Gazprom with manipulating gas prices Telegraph - 14 hours ago
Anti-trust case against Russian gas giant risks provoking retaliation from the Kremlin
- Rothschild vehicle considering offer for coal miner ARMS Reuters - 14 hours ago
The potential offer from NR Holdings and SUEK Plc comes less than a week after ARMS received notice of a possible 210 million pound ($313 million) bid from Asia Coal Ventures (ACE), a vehicle funded by Indonesia's Sinarmas Group. ACE's potential bid risks scuppering a long-awaited restructuring of ARMS backed by Rothschild, …
- Tullow under pressure amid fading bid hopes Telegraph - 14 hours ago
Shares in the Africa-focused explorer were in negative territory for much for the trading session
- Research and Markets: Global Light Vehicle Turbochargers Market 2015 - Forecasts to 2029 Business Wire - 15 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global light vehicle turbochargers market - forecasts to 20
- Midday Glance: Silver companies Associated Press - 15 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.07 or 2.2 percent, to $3.23. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.01 or .1 percent, to $9.28. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...
- Midday Glance: Gold companies Associated Press - 15 hours ago
Shares of some top gold companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.02 or .2 percent, to $12.74. Gold Fields Ltd ADS rose $.25 or 6.1 percent, to $4.26. GoldCorp fell $.28 or 1.4 percent, ...
- Midday Glance: Coal companies Associated Press - 15 hours ago
Shares of some top coal companies are up at 1 p.m.: Arch Coal rose $.03 or 2.9 percent, to $1.07. Consol Energy Inc. rose $.39 or 1.3 percent, to $31.53. Peabody Energy rose $.01 or .2 percent, to $5.20....
- Ed Davey orders Russians to sell North Sea petroleum licences Telegraph - 15 hours ago
Decision by the energy secretary could prompt bitter legal battle with Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman
- Britain orders sale of Russian billionaire Fridman's North Sea fields Reuters - 15 hours ago
Britain ordered Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman to sell his North Sea gas fields within six months, an intervention that ratchets up the pressure on one of Russia's most influential tycoons two weeks before a UK election. Upping the ante in a standoff that some Russian businessmen say shows their capital is no longer …
- Research and Markets: State of the Industry: Tea in the U.S. (2015 Edition) Business Wire - 15 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "State of the Industry: Tea in the U.S. " repor
- Oil prices gain after China stimulus move AFP - 16 hours ago
- China Nonferrous Gold chairman stands down Sharecast - 16 hours ago
Tajikistan-focused gold miner China Nonferrous Gold (CNG) saw its shares drop on Monday after the resignation of non-executive chairman and gold industry veteran Tao Luo.
- Technavio Publishes New Market Forecast and Analysis on the Global Thermal Energy Storage Market 2015-2019 Business Wire - 16 hours ago
The growing demand for uninterrupted power supply has resulted in the growth of the global thermal energy storage market, which is expected to post a CAGR of 18.7% from 2015-2019,
- Research and Markets: State of the Industry: Coffee Shops in the U.S. (2015 Edition) Business Wire - 16 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "State of the Industry: Coffee Shops in the U.S. (9th Editio