- Antofagasta to buy Barrick Chile mine, eye more partnerships Reuters - UK Focus - 54 minutes ago
Barrick Gold Corp agreed on Thursday to sell 50 percent of its Zaldivar copper mine in Chile to copper miner Antofagasta Plc (Other OTC: ANFGF - news) for $1 billion in cash, and both parties stressed that this was just the start of more cooperation. The emergence of family-owned, Chilean-based Antofagasta as the winner …
- Business Highlights Associated Press - 58 minutes ago
___ Spring rebound for US economy sets stage for Fed rate hike The U.S. economy isn't moving at warp speed, but it looks like it will be strong enough to handle an expected interest rate increase later ...
- Senate panel passes bill lifting crude oil export ban Associated Press - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
A Senate panel approved energy legislation Thursday that would lift the 40-year-old ban on crude oil exports and open more areas of the Arctic, Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean to oil and gas exploration. ...
- Another coal giant may be about to go under Business Insider - 2 hours 24 minutes ago
Another coal company may be bust. According to a Bloomberg report on Thursday, Alpha Natural...
- Grain higher and livestock mostly lower Associated Press - 2 hours 54 minutes ago
Grain futures were higher Thurssday on the Chicago Board of Trade. Wheat for September delivery was up .25 cent to $4.9650 a bushel; December corn rose 5.50 cents at 3.8375 a bushel; December oats were ...
- Path Forward for U.S. Coal Power Generation Detailed in CURC/EPRI Coal Technology Roadmap Update Business Wire - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
Coal-based generation is a key component of a diverse electricity generation portfolio for the United States and provides significant economic and energy security benefits, but faces some challenging environmental requirements.
- Technavio Publishes Breakdown of the Top Companies in the Online Corporate Meeting Services Market Business Wire - 3 hours ago
Avaya, HP, and Skype are all featured on Technavio’s list of the Top 39 Online Corporate Meeting Services Vendors.
- Oil dips as robust dollar offsets stock drawdown Reuters - 3 hours ago
Global benchmark Brent neared a six-month trough earlier this week and U.S. futures neared four-month lows, pressured by a global glut, a resurgent dollar and China's tumbling stock market. Oil prices got support on Wednesday after U.S. government data showed an unexpectedly large weekly draw of more than 4 million barrels …
- Zambia's CEC to reduce power supply to mines - industry official Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation will cut power supply to mines it services by 30 percent from midnight, a senior industry official said on Thursday. Copperbelt Energy buys electricity from state ...
- Oil companies slash spending, jobs as prices slide for second time Reuters - 4 hours ago
The stark reality of a much-feared second dip in crude prices is prompting global oil majors and nimble U.S. shale companies alike to axe spending once again a year after the first price crash started. Just days into the second-quarter earnings season, Chevron Corp (CVX.N) and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSa.L) said they would …
- Clean Energy CEO Applauds Congress and President Obama for Putting LNG on Equal Footing Business Wire - 4 hours ago
Within the Highway Trust Fund legislation passed by both Houses of the U.S. Congress this week and expected to be signed by President Obama, is a provision to equalize the federal tax on liquefied natural gas to an energy-equivalent basis with diesel and gasoline.
- Research and Markets: Global Electric Shovel Market 2015-2019 Business Wire - 4 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Electric Shovel Market 2015-2019" report to their offering.
- Research and Markets: Bolivia's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2015 - Governing Bodies, Governing Laws, Rights, Obligations and Tax-Related Information for Silver, Zinc and Gold Business Wire - 4 hours ago
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Bolivia's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2015" report to their offering.
- OPEC says oil should not fall further, sees stability in 2016 Reuters - 5 hours ago
OPEC expects increasing oil demand to prevent a further fall in prices and sees a more balanced market in 2016, its secretary-general said on Thursday, the latest sign the group is sticking to its policy of defending market share. Oil has dropped about 15 percent this month and halved in value in the past year but neither …
- Oil companies travel back to 1986 in search of a future Telegraph - 6 hours ago
The days of $100 oil, when BP and Shell could almost print money, were an ‘aberration’
- TABLE-INDONESIA KPB NUSANTARA PALM OIL PRICES - July 30 Reuters - 6 hours ago
July 30(Reuters) - Following are Indonesian prices for crude palm oil (CPO) quoted at an auction by PT KPB Nusantara (formerly known as the state marketing centre)on Thursday . Buyer Volume Prices Terms ...
- OPEC chief says oil cartel 'not ready' to cut production AFP - 7 hours ago
- Technavio Says the High Demand for Biopharmaceuticals Will Inflate the Global Single-use Bioprocessing Systems Market Through 2019 Business Wire - 7 hours ago
Technavio has published a new report on the global single-use bioprocessing systems market, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 34% from 2015-2019.
- TELADATA Announces Call for Presenters and Sponsorship Opportunities for 2016 Technology Convergence Conference Business Wire - 7 hours ago
TELADATA, a leading consulting firm with vast expertise in design, planning and project management for converging technologies, announced its formal call for presenters for the 2016 Technology Convergence Conference .
- Petronet aims to lease out 63 pct of Dahej LNG capacity Reuters - 7 hours ago
Petronet LNG aims to lease out about two-thirds of the capacity at its Dahej import terminal in Gujarat over the next four years to boost revenue and prevent the facility falling into disuse. The company, which handles large volumes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) imported from Qatar for Indian companies, wants to lease …
- Semiconductor Materials – Global Market Research & Analysis Now Available from Technavio Business Wire - 8 hours ago
Technavio has published a new report on the global semiconductor materials market, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% from 2015-2019.
- Timmons Gold posts 2Q profit Associated Press - 8 hours ago
The Vancouver, British Columbia-based company said it had profit of less than 1 cent on a per-share basis. The gold mining company posted revenue of $27.8 million in the period. The company's shares closed ...
- Technavio Says the Evident Popularity of Storage-as-a-service Will Enhance the Global Pure Play Software Testing Market Through 2019 Business Wire - 9 hours ago
Technavio, a tech-focused research firm, has published a new report on the global pure play software testing market, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 16% from 2015-2019.
- Eni production growth takes sting out of Saipem writedown Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
Oil and gas production is targeted to rise more than 7 percent this year, up from a previous 5 percent target, helped by output in Venezuela, Norway, the United States, Angola and Republic of Congo, and expectations of higher volumes in Libya. Saipem (Other OTC: SAPMY - news) aside, the group is well positioned," said …
- With no sign of oil price rebound, Shell wields axe again Reuters - 9 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell is to axe 6,500 jobs this year and step up spending cuts as it seeks to reassure investors it can withstand an extended period of lower oil prices, even through its planned $70 billion (£44.8 billion) acquisition of BG Group. "Perhaps we left the impression that we will wait for the cavalry to arrive …
- Foreign firms bid for Saudi Aramco's Fadhili gas project - sources Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
Foreign engineering firms have submitted bids to build a gas plant in eastern Saudi Arabia for state oil giant Saudi Aramco at an estimated cost of $5 billion to $6 billion, industry sources said. Aramco's decision to move ahead with the project at Fadhili is a sign that Saudi Arabia continues to make big investments …
- COLUMN-Asia LNG output vs regas capacity mismatch looming: Russell Reuters - 11 hours ago
--Clyde Russell is a Reuters columnist. LAUNCESTON, Australia, July 30 (Reuters) - What could go wrong for liquefied natural gas (LNG) in Asia to derail the current consensus of strongly rising demand being met by supply that is increasing even faster?
- As gold price falls, miners pick derivatives to protect income Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
Gold mining companies are turning increasingly to derivatives to lock in future revenues, as an industry still smarting from losing out on a 12-year bull run gets creative over protecting its income during the metal's current downturn. While miners overall remain wary of hedging -- the outstanding global hedge book stood …
- Arch Coal reports 2Q loss Associated Press - 11 hours ago
On a per-share basis, the St. Louis-based company said it had a loss of 79 cents. Losses, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, were 73 cents per share. The results missed Wall Street expectations. The ...
- Uber enters the financial sector with its leasing subsidiary Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Car-hailing group Uber Technologies launched its own auto leasing subsidiary, pushing the company into the financial services sector for the first time.
- Occidental misses Street 2Q forecasts Associated Press - 11 hours ago
The Houston-based company said it had net income of 23 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring gains, came to 21 cents per share. The results did not meet Wall Street expectations. The average ...
- Market overview: German unemployment rises unexpectedly Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - 1120: German unemployment rose 9,000 in July, surprising analysts' who had predicted a 5,000 drop. The unemployment rate remained unchanged.
- VEGOILS-Volatile palm ends higher as traders await export data Reuters - 12 hours ago
* Palm eases to new three-month low at 2,099 ringgit * Palm expected to fall to 2,088 ringgit -technicals * China, India demand worries; Malaysian export data eyed (Updates closing prices) By Michael Taylor ...
- India's jewellery exports can quintuple to $40 billion if controls tightened Reuters - 12 hours ago
India's gold jewellery exports could jump five times to $40 billion per year by 2020 if quality controls are tightened, the World Gold Council (WGC) said, adding the country is punching below its weight due to questions over the purity of its products. The Bureau of Indian Standards is aware of the issue and is looking …
- UK GAS-Export demand helps support prices despite oversupply Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
British wholesale gas prices rose on Thursday despite an oversupplied system and healthy supply outlooks as exports to Europe and higher gas use in the electricity sector supported demand. Gas for day-ahead ...