- Ireland to introduce new OECD-compliant tax scheme AFP - 7 hours ago
- Oil price fall 'opportunity' for Saudi business: executive AFP - 9 hours ago
- London close: Stocks close lower on UK deflation, weak Chinese trade data Sharecast - 11 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 ended down 28.90 points to 6,342.28 on Tuesday as September data showed the UK experienced deflation and China's exports and imports declined.
- Irish government, eye on re-election, reverses cuts in budget Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
DUBLIN, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 13 (Reuters) - Ireland's finance minister effectively kicked off the government's re-election campaign on Tuesday by using the spoils of a newly booming economy to reduce taxes and reverse unpopular cuts in an all-encompassing budget. Ireland will still comfortably cut its budget …
- Wednesday preview: UK jobs data, Chinese inflation, US retail sales Sharecast - 12 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The UK labour market report on Wednesday is expected to show accelerated jobs growth and a pick-up in wages in the three months to August.
- BoE's McCafferty reiterates stance on interest rates Sharecast - 13 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Bank of England policymaker Ian McCafferty has reiterated that interest rates need to rise to allow more scope for cuts in the event of a financial crisis.
- Interest rates could still go lower, says Bank of England's newest committee member Telegraph - 13 hours ago
Gertjan Vlieghe says monetary policy is not 'all played out' as UK faces risks from global slowdown
- Shadow Chancellor Defends Economic U-Turn Sky News - 14 hours ago
The shadow chancellor has defended his economic policy U-turn which triggered a bitter war of words in the Labour party. John McDonnell said he had a "change of heart" over backing George Osborne's fiscal charter after a visit to the families of steelworkers in Redcar who have lost their jobs. He said it made him realise …
- House prices for first-time buyers rise to record high as supply dwindles Telegraph - 16 hours ago
The price of a starter home rose 3.8pc over the year, to £215,000
- Labour MP: Party Has 'No Credible Leadership' Sky News - 17 hours ago
A bitter Labour Party civil war has broken out on social media after MP Mike Gapes tweeted the party had "no credible leadership". The Ilford South MP was attacked by "Corbynistas" after criticising the shadow chancellor's about turn on economic policy on Twitter (Xetra: A1W6XZ - news) . The MP, who has a majority of …
- Negative Inflation Returns As Food Costs Fall Sky News - 17 hours ago
Falling food and fuel costs have pushed the UK back into negative inflation, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS). The Consumer Prices Index measure, which takes in the costs of a host of consumer goods, fell to an annual rate of -0.1% in September from zero the previous month. Negative inflation is good …
- Britain falls back into deflation as tumbling fuel prices take effect Telegraph - 18 hours ago
Consumer prices slip to their lowest level since April at -0.1pc on the back of falling energy costs and sluggish growth in clothes prices
- UK consumer price index declines unexpectedly in September Sharecast - 18 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Britain slipped into deflation territory in September, figures released on Tuesday showed.
- China trade data add to growth woes, Asia stocks rally ends AFP - 18 hours ago
- London open: Stocks slide as Chinese imports and exports contract Sharecast - 19 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London's FTSE 100 index declined early on Tuesday after Chinese trade data showed a fall in exports and imports in September, adding to worries about the country's flagging economy.
- MORNING BID EUROPE-A mood test for Germany AG Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 13 (Reuters) - One of the week's biggest numbers is out at 0900 GMT with the ZEW report on sentiment in the German economy in October. This could give a first glimpse of perceptions on whether the VW emissions scandal is hurting the wider economy and comes after last week's data signaling …
- 'Absolute Shambles': Labour's Fiscal U-Turn Sky News - Tue, Oct 13, 2015 05:04 BST
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell has decided to U-turn on Labour's approach to fiscal policy, just a fortnight after surprisingly stating that Labour would back George Osborne's fiscal charter. Mr McDonnell told his MPs on Monday night that Labour should vote against Mr Osborne's plan for a budget surplus at a parliamentary …
- London midday: Equities fall as UK slips into deflation Sharecast - Tue, Oct 13, 2015 01:06 BST
(ShareCast News) - The UK equities market was under the cosh as the nation unexpectedly slipped into deflation in September.
- Ireland to reverse cuts in budget with eye on re-election Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Oct 13, 2015 00:01 BST
DUBLIN, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 13 (Reuters) - Ireland (Other OTC: IRLD - news) 's finance minister will effectively kick off the government's re-election campaign on Tuesday when he presents his 2016 budget, with a booming economy meaning he can offer to cut taxes and spend more on services. Ireland brought an …
- EU orders Spain to submit new budget as election nears AFP - Mon, Oct 12, 2015 19:42 BST
- German brand dealt 'hammer blow' by VW scandal and weakening economy Telegraph - Mon, Oct 12, 2015 19:08 BST
The value of the 'Made in Germany' brand is estimated to have fallen 4pc to $4.2 trn this year
- How to buy yourself a better state pension from 9 October Moneywise - Mon, Oct 12, 2015 16:59 BST
Pensioners will be able to increase their state pension by up to £25 a week from 12 October 2015, thanks to a new government top-up scheme. In exchange for a one-off payment, known as ‘Class 3A national ...
- Tuesday preview: Chinese trade data, UK inflation figures Sharecast - Mon, Oct 12, 2015 15:22 BST
(ShareCast News) - Following a quiet start to the week, the pace is set to pick up on Tuesday with the release of Chinese trade data and UK inflation figures.
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Europe shares pause; dollar dips on U.S. rate outlook Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Oct 12, 2015 13:14 BST
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 12 (Reuters) - European shares paused on Monday after their strong start to the fourth quarter while the dollar dipped towards three-week lows, with investors unconvinced the U.S. Federal Reserve would raise interest rates this year. Investors are looking to China's trade figures …
- London open: Stocks drop as US trading closed for holiday Sharecast - Mon, Oct 12, 2015 10:12 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks dropped on Monday which will prove a quiet day for traders with US closed for a holiday and no major economic data releases.
- How will this government solve our economic ills? Telegraph - Sun, Oct 11, 2015 20:32 BST
David Cameron's government seems to be sprawling across the ideological divide, says Roger Bootle
- Business has a key role in restoring confidence in the global economy Telegraph - Sat, Oct 10, 2015 14:19 BST
Storm clouds are gathering and business must work with Government to steer the UK clear of economic strife
- London close: Mining and metal stocks help end week on a high Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 17:57 BST
(ShareCast News) - Glencore led mining shares higher as investors welcomed its decision to cut 500,000 tonnes or around a third of its annual zinc production as it looks to combat declining prices.
- Week ahead: Inflation figures in UK, China and US flood market Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 17:57 BST
(ShareCast News) - Inflation data in the UK, China and the US will be in the spotlight this coming week.
- London open: Stocks rise after BoE, ECB and Fed meeting minutes Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 10:23 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were in positive territory on Friday as investors continued to analyse policy meeting minutes from the Bank of England, European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve.
- Europe open: Stocks rise as investors welcome dovish signals from the Fed Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 10:08 BST
(ShareCast News) - European stocks rose, taking their cue from a positive session in the US following dovish signals from the Federal Reserve.
- Friday newspaper round-up: Syria, Tax on banks, Lloyds Sharecast - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 08:43 BST
(ShareCast News) - Nato has put thousands of troops on standby, ready to be sent to Turkey to protect the country in the face of Russia's escalating military campaign across the border in Syria. The pledge ...
- Mark Carney: Emerging market debt is the biggest risk right now Telegraph - Fri, Oct 9, 2015 00:45 BST
Policymakers will be tested in the current 'unforgiving environment', the Bank of England's governor has warned
- London close: Stocks rise after BoE and ECB meeting minutes Sharecast - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 17:58 BST
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks gained after the Bank of England decided to keep interest rates unchanged and the European Central Bank suggested it might consider further stimulus.
- Bank of England freezes interest rate AFP - Thu, Oct 8, 2015 17:45 BST