- Europe to open lower as markets pause ahead of US jobs data CNBC - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
European stocks are expected to open lower on Wednesday as global markets gear up for Friday's U.S. jobs report.
- Apple to fight record EU tax bill AFP - 3 hours ago
- Apple 'welcome' in the UK says Downing Street as experts eye potential of European Commission ruling International Business Times - 4 hours ago
Downing Street has said Apple would be "welcome" to come to the UK in the wake of a recent ruling by the European Commission for the technology giant to pay €13bn (£11.1bn, $14.5bn) in back taxes to Ireland. After the Commission condemned Apple's "sweetheart" tax deal with Dublin which amounted to paying only £50 in tax …
- EU hits Apple with 13 billion euro Irish tax demand Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
BRUSSELS/DUBLIN, Aug 30 (Reuters) - The European Commission ordered Apple Inc to pay Ireland (Other OTC: IRLD - news) unpaid taxes of up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion) on Tuesday as it ruled the firm had received illegal state aid. Apple and Dublin said the U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . Starbucks Corp has been …
- US, European markets split as Apple hit with $14.5 bn tax bill AFP - 8 hours ago
- U.S. slams EU, but Apple tax demand first issued in Washington Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
The United States is furious at the European Union for handing Apple Inc a $14.5 billion tax demand on Tuesday but EU officials say it was Washington which put them on to the scheme in the first place. It was a U.S. Senate report in May 2013 revealing the tech giant's deal with the Irish government to rule a big slice …
- EU ruling on Apple stirs calls for U.S. tax reform Reuters - UK Focus - 9 hours ago
A European Commission order requiring Apple Inc (NasdaqGS: AAPL - news) to pay Ireland $13 billion euros ($14.5 billion) in unpaid taxes on Tuesday drew swift rebukes from the Obama administration and lawmakers in Congress, while reigniting calls for U.S (Other OTC: UBGXF - news) . The White House and the Treasury Department, …
- Apple EU Tax Row: Multinational Corporations Targeted By Brussels Sky News - 9 hours ago
The EU has alleged that companies including McDonald's, Starbucks (Swiss: SBUX.SW - news) , Amazon and Fiat Chrysler struck deals with member countries to pay unusually low tax in exchange for basing their operations in Europe. The company's finances have been under investigation since 2015 following claims it struck …
- Wall Street ends lower as EU's Apple tax decision draws ire AFP - 9 hours ago
- Apple ruling will scare investors away from EU, former commerce secretary says CNBC - 10 hours ago
The big problem isn't what the ruling will do to Apple, it's what it will do to the investment climate in the EU, Carlos Gutierrez says.
- Financials help European shares to hit 2-week high Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
European equities climbed to a two-week high on Tuesday, with financial stocks gaining ground on mounting expectations of a possible U.S. rate hike this year. The European Banks index rose 1.8 percent, ...
- Apple-EU ruling: Others that might get hit in the crossfire CNBC - 13 hours ago
Apple isn't the only American company facing the prospect of paying a big bill for back taxes in Europe.
- Apple hit with record EU tax bill AFP - 13 hours ago
- EU telecom regulators take strict view of net neutrality rules Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
EU regulators on Tuesday adopted a strict interpretation of rules limiting how telecoms firms like Vodafone and Orange (LSE: 0OQV.L - news) can prioritise some types of internet traffic, aiming to protect the principle that all web traffic be treated equally. The guidelines on net neutrality were welcomed by internet …
- Apple shares lose a little shine after EU tax bill AFP - 13 hours ago
- Op-Ed: The EU is foolish to go after Apple for $14.5 billion in back taxes CNBC - 13 hours ago
The EU's move to make Apple pay Ireland $14.5 billion in back taxes just shows that the UK was smart to vote to leave the EU, says Jake Novak.
- Europe Gasoline/Naphtha-Cracks weaken as demand season nears end Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
Gasoline refining margins in northwest Europe dropped to near $8.5 a barrel on Tuesday amid a significant slowdown in exports as peak summer demand season draws to an end. * Refinery outages in the U.S. ...
- European stocks close higher but miners hit, FTSE down CNBC - 14 hours ago
European stock indexes closed higher on Tuesday, with the exception of the FTSE 100, which was knocked by the weak performance of mining stocks.
- After Apple Ruling, Amazon and McDonald's Are EU's Next Targets The Wall Street Journal - 14 hours ago
Apple Inc. isn't the only American company in Europe's crosshairs.
- Even Ireland is upset about EU ruling that Apple owes Dublin $14.5 billion CNBC - 15 hours ago
Ireland will appeal against the European Commission's ruling forcing it to recover billions in back-taxes from Apple.
- Q&A-Why the EU says Apple must pay Ireland $14.5 billion in tax Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
The European Commission (EC) ordered Apple Inc (NasdaqGS: AAPL - news) . The European Union's (EU) executive arm has ruled that Ireland made a deal with Apple that had no basis in tax law. The Commission said this involved cutting Apple's tax bill to almost zero, in return for Apple building factories in Ireland.
- EU hits Apple with record 13 bn euro tax bill AFP - 15 hours ago
- EU telecom regulators adopt strict net neutrality rules, industry dismayed Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
European Union telecoms regulators adopted strict rules on Tuesday limiting how telecoms firms like Vodafone and Orange (LSE: 0OQV.L - news) can prioritise some types of Internet traffic, dealing a blow to an industry hoping to boost revenues. The guidelines on net neutrality - the principle that all Internet traffic …
- FTSE Moves: London market subdued even after EU orders Apple to pay €13bn in taxes to Ireland International Business Times - 16 hours ago
- Apple suddenly owes Ireland $14.5 billion thanks to an EU ruling CNBC - 17 hours ago
The executive arm of the European Union concludes Ireland granted undue tax benefits to the U.S. tech giant.
- Investment in European ETFs hit record highs CNBC - 17 hours ago
A record high of $539 billion worth of assets were invested in exchange traded funds and exchange traded products in Europe at the end of July 2016.
- EUROPE POWER-German spot lifted by expected decline in wind power output Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
European spot electricity prices for next-day delivery were mixed on Tuesday as a sharp decline in forecast wind power supply lifted German prices, while an increase in expected nuclear power availability ...
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Fed bets boost dollar, EU tax bill bites Apple Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
The dollar hovered at a 2 1/2-week high against other top currencies ahead of U.S. trading as the overarching theme of interest rate moves helped Europe's banking and industrial stocks push the FTSEurofirst 300 higher. Fischer spoke again on Tuesday and repeated that U.S. employment is strong and that a "one and done" …
- Irish finance minister says EU Apple tax ruling bizarre, political Reuters - UK Focus - 17 hours ago
An order by European Union antitrust regulators for Apple to pay up to 13 billion euros in taxes is a bizarre exercise in politics, Ireland's finance minister said on Tuesday. "As far as I am concerned ...
- UK PM has no legal obligation to consult parliament on EU divorce -spokesman Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
The British government has no legal obligation to consult parliament on triggering the formal divorce procedure with the European Union, but lawmakers will have a say, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said on Tuesday. Some opponents of Brexit say that since the EU referendum result is not legally binding, elected …
- EU tax avoidance action could hurt foreign investment -U.S. Treasury Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
The actions of European regulators could hurt foreign investment, the U.S. Treasury said on Tuesday after the European Commission ruled Apple must pay up to 13 billion euros in taxes plus interest to the ...
- Tim Cook attacks EU's $14.5 billion tax bill in a scathing letter CNBC - 18 hours ago
Tim Cook attacks EU's $14.5 billion tax bill in a scathing letter|| 103901720
- EU demands Apple pay Ireland up to 13 bln euros in tax Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
EU antitrust regulators ordered Apple on Tuesday to pay up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion) in taxes plus interest to the Irish government after ruling that a special scheme to route profits through Ireland was illegal state aid. The massive sum, 40 times bigger than the previous known demand by the European Commission …
- Teva to Present New Respiratory Data at the 2016 European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress Business Wire - 19 hours ago
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., (NYSE and TASE:TEVA) today announced that five company-sponsored abstracts will be presented at the 2016 European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress in London, England on September 3-7, 2016. The presentations include new data on Teva’s biologic CINQAERO® for severe …
- Former EU commission president Jose Manuel Barroso under fire for taking Goldman Sachs job International Business Times - 19 hours ago
Jose Manuel Barroso, the former president of the European Union commission, has come under fire for joining Goldman Sachs, with over 75,000 people signing a petition calling for him to forfeit his EU pension. Barroso, who led the organisation for a decade until 2014, joined the New York-listed investment bank as an adviser …