- How AT&T might skirt an FCC review of Time Warner deal Reuters - 2 minutes 52 seconds ago
AT&T Inc (T.N) may not have to seek approval from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for the biggest acquisition announced this year by selling the one television station that Time Warner Inc (TWX.N) owns: WPCH-TV in Atlanta. The FCC has broad leeway to block a merger that it deems not to be in the "public interest," …
- Congressional Republicans not marching to Trump’s tune on AT&T’s Time Warner bid @ MarketWatch - 4 minutes 49 seconds ago
Donald Trump’s campaign says the Republican presidential nominee would “never” approve AT&T’s proposed purchase of Time Warner Inc. His fellow Republicans, while cautious, aren’t so certain.
- Get Started: More women investing in small businesses Associated Press - 5 minutes ago
INVESTING IN, AND BY, WOMEN The number of women who invest in small businesses is growing, and so is the number of companies led by women that receive funding. Those findings were released Monday by the ...
- Buick just did something no American car brand has done before Business Insider - 6 minutes ago
On Monday, Consumer Reports announced the results of their 2016 Annual Reliability Survey...
- Canada trade minister says free trade deal with EU not dead Reuters - 7 minutes ago
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada's potential free trade deal with the European Union is not dead, though the ball is now in Europe's court for completing the pact, Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland told reporters ...
- Synergies of the Charter–Bright House–Time Warner Cable Merger @ Market Realist - 7 minutes ago
Early this year, Charter Communications (CHTR) completed its merger with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, making Charter the second-largest US cable player.
- Could a lower yield spell danger for the Nasdaq 100? @ MarketWatch - 7 minutes ago
The Nasdaq 100 has been the strongest of the major indices for some time now, but the unending search for yield in a low-yield world suggests that the index may run into trouble vs. some higher-yielding ...
- Rockwell sees big sales gains from $6.4 billion B/E Aero deal Reuters - 7 minutes ago
Aircraft electronics supplier Rockwell Collins (COL.N) said on Monday its $6.4 billion acquisition of interiors maker B/E Aerospace Inc (BEAV.O) will boost sales and spur new products, helping offset sluggish demand for equipment in new business and commercial jets. Rockwell's acquisition, announced on Sunday, would triple …
- JPMorgan may need to revise timeline for settlement business exit - Fed's Powell Reuters - 8 minutes ago
Powell said JPMorgan had publicly recognised the importance of not disrupting financial markets when it leaves the business. "The timeline set for a gradual transition over the next two years should be sufficient to avoid significant dislocations," Powell said in prepared remarks for a conference in New York on the structure …
- Why AT&T Is Buying Time Warner @ Forbes - 9 minutes ago
AT&T announced that it will acquire Time Warner in a stock and cash deal valued at $85.4 billion, integrating its vast distribution network, which spans wireless and broadband services and pay TV, with Time Warner’s media assets, which include the major cable networks CNN and HBO and Warner Bros Studios.
- Time Warner to evaluate Hudson Yards plans due to AT&T merger Reuters - 10 minutes ago
Time Warner Inc (TWX.N) said the case to consolidate its New York facilities into the flagship building under construction at the Hudson Yards project remains strong, but in light of its planned merger with AT&T Inc (T.N) it will assess its options. "We're continuing with our plans to move," Time Warner said on Saturday …
- Time Warner, AT&T shares fall amid concerns over deal clearance Reuters - 10 minutes ago
Time Warner shares were trading some 20 percent below the implied value of AT&T's $107.50 per share cash and stock offer, indicating investor doubts that the companies would be able to complete the transaction. The deal, announced on Saturday, would give AT&T control of cable TV channels HBO and CNN, film studio Warner …
- Time Warner CEO Bewkes could get $32 million from AT&T merger Reuters - 10 minutes ago
(Reuters) - Time Warner Inc (TWX.N) Chief Executive Jeff Bewkes could walk away with a $32 million payout if the media company completes its $85 billion merger with AT&T Inc (T.N). According a regulatory ...
- M&A News, Earnings Optimism Lift Stocks; Paycom Jumps @ Investor's Business Daily - 11 minutes ago
- [$$] AT&T, Time Warner Shares Drop Amid Investor Skepticism @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 minutes ago
AT&T can add Wall Street to the list of parties skeptical of its $85.4 billion deal to buy Time Warner.
- Why Clinton or Trump will struggle to unshackle a handcuffed economy @ MarketWatch - 11 minutes ago
Hillary Clinton promises to “get the whole economy moving” in part by launch the biggest jobs program since World War Two. Donald Trump vows to boost U.S. growth to 4% each year or even higher. Good luck ...
- Consumer Groups Knock AT&T-Time Warner Merger @ Investor's Business Daily - 12 minutes ago
- How Did Roche’s Pharmaceuticals Division Perform? @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
During the third quarter of 2016, Roche (RHHBY) witnessed 1% growth in the US compared with 3Q15.
- Analysts Rate First Solar before Its 3Q16 Earnings @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
Of the 25 analysts covering First Solar stock, nine analysts gave it a “buy” rating,15 analysts gave it a “hold” rating, and one analyst gave it a “sell” rating.
- BHP Has Bragging Rights on Iron Ore @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
BHP Billiton’s iron ore production for fiscal 1Q17, which ended September 30, 2016, was 58.0 million tons.
- How Natural Gas Prices Are Impacting Coal Producers @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
The Henry Hub benchmark natural gas price came in at $3.17 per MMBtu (million British thermal units) in the week ended October 14, 2016.
- Can Dr Pepper Snapple’s Volumes Generate Strong Growth in 3Q16? @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
In its 2Q16 conference call, DPS's CFO Martin M. Ellen said 2016 overall sales volumes are expected to be unchanged from 2015. Soda volumes are expected to be flat.
- Why Do Analysts Expect Boeing’s Revenues to Decline in 3Q16? @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
Boeing (BA) has given a 2016 revenue guidance of $93 billion–$95 billion, slightly lower than 2015’s revenue of $96 billion.
- How Saudi Arabia’s Bond Sale Affects US Treasury Bonds @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
Saudi Arabia has also been involved in the sale of US Treasuries. The country is the 15th-largest holder of US Treasury bonds in the world.
- What Will Drive Honeywell’s EPS Growth in Fiscal 2017? @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
In 2017, Honeywell expects core sales to grow in the low-single digits. Apart from the Aerospace segment, it expects core growth in all of the other segments.
- Yara’s 3Q16 Earnings Show Emerging Trends in Fertilizer Industry @ Market Realist - 13 minutes ago
To protect their margins, companies are looking to increase their share in selling higher premium items.
- GM, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, and Tesla are about to report earnings — here's what to expect Business Insider - 13 minutes ago
All the major US automakers, including Tesla, will report third-quarter earnings this week...
- AP Top Extended Financial Headlines at 2:02 p.m. EDT Associated Press - 15 minutes ago
The board of directors of Tata Sons has removed Cyrus P. Mistry as chairman of the giant Indian conglomerate
- T-Mobile raises forecast; sees 'upside' from AT&T-Time Warner deal Reuters - 15 minutes ago
AT&T on Saturday proposed to buy Time Warner for $85.4 billion in a bid to acquire content to stream over its network to attract a growing number of online viewers. "I would say the great news is (AT&T is) going to be further unfocused than they are now and the upside opportunity to continue to acquire businesses in the …
- What To Expect From Under Armour Earnings Tuesday @ Investor's Business Daily - 16 minutes ago
- Amazon Price Target Raised Ahead of Q3 Earnings On Cloud Strength @ Investor's Business Daily - 16 minutes ago
- Ex-wife of former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle sues company Associated Press - 17 minutes ago
The ex-wife of former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle is suing the restaurant chain for damages, saying the company received three reports indicating his sexual interest in children but failed to take proper ...
- Oil Tests $50 As Iraq Wants Exemption; Russia Says Cap Is 'Right Decision' @ Investor's Business Daily - 17 minutes ago
- Beaten-down biotech shares could see a monster relief rally after Election Day CNBC - 17 minutes ago
The IBB is down this year, but one strategist says biotech stocks could see a big rally after Election Day.
- Car owners are complaining about 2 features in modern vehicles Business Insider - 18 minutes ago
Consumer Reports is out with its 2016 Annual Auto Reliability Survey, and the watchdog...