- The $20 billion market you didn’t know existed @ MarketWatch - 1 minute 44 seconds ago
Set-top cable boxes rentals are a boon for cable providers, but can limit choice for consumers
- flydubai says profits nosedived 60% in 2015 AFP - 3 minutes 5 seconds ago
- RIP Twitter? How It Matches Up With Facebook Sky News - 3 minutes 9 seconds ago
- Labor Department Sues Machinists Union Pension Fund Despite Its Strong Performance @ Forbes - 4 minutes 1 second ago
The International Association of Machinists national pension fund, long a centerpiece of the union’s organizing efforts and strength because of its positive financial performance, has been sued by the Department of Labor. In a complaint filed Jan. 24 in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., the Labor Department charged …
- Audi, BMW sell fewer luxury cars than Mercedes Reuters - 5 minutes ago
Germany's Audi (VOWG_p.DE) and BMW (BMWG.DE) sold fewer vehicles in January than luxury rival Mercedes-Benz, which has benefited from a continued surge in Chinese demand for its compact cars and sport-utility vehicles (SUV). Volkswagen's flagship division Audi and BMW, the world's biggest luxury carmaker, on Wednesday …
- Ikea recalls lamps due to safety issues @ BBC News - 7 minutes ago
- Times of Market Malaise in America @ Bloomberg - 8 minutes ago
- AP Top Extended Financial Headlines at 7:44 a.m. EST Associated Press - 11 minutes ago
European stocks are higher and Wall Street is expected to rise on the open ahead of testimony from the Federal Reserve chief that could either ease market turmoil or add to it
- Staples gets EU approval for acquisition of Office Depot Associated Press - 8 minutes ago
- Owens Corning beats Street 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 16 minutes ago
The Toledo, Ohio-based company said it had profit of 92 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for pretax gains, were 66 cents per share. The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate ...
- Nissan quarterly profit up on healthy sales; keeps forecasts Associated Press - 11 minutes ago
- [$$] Frontier Communications Estimates Come Down @ Barrons.com - 12 minutes ago
Frontier Communications (FTR: Nasdaq) By Wells Fargo Securities ($4.68, Feb. 5, 2016) We are slightly adjusting our Frontier Communications estimates ahead of fourth-quarter earnings, which are scheduled ...
- Hermes warns of potential for further dip in sales growth Reuters - 12 minutes ago
French luxury goods maker Hermes (HRMS.PA) has yet to see its business in Paris recover from November's deadly attacks on the city and warned of a potential further slowdown in global sales this year. "Tourist flows have not yet returned to normal," Hermes Chief Executive Axel Dumas told Reuters, referring to the Paris …
- EU opens public consultation over China trade status Reuters - 12 minutes ago
The European Union on Wednesday launched a public consultation into whether to relax trade defences against China, as pressure mounts from the steel sector that is fiercely opposed to a move that would make it harder to impose anti-dumping duties. The online consultation with industry, member states and trade partners …
- Marco Rubio: 'I dropped the ball' Business Insider - 12 minutes ago
After claiming for days that nothing went wrong, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) directly said...
- [$$] Germany's Vonovia Fails to Win Support for Deutsche Wohnen Deal @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 minutes ago
German real-estate company Vonovia said it hasn’t reached the necessary threshold for its bid for Deutsche Wohnen to proceed, bringing to an end a bitter wrangle between the country’s two biggest landlords....
- [$$] Suzuki Pays Damages to Volkswagen, Settling Dispute @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 minutes ago
Suzuki will pay an undisclosed amount in damages to Volkswagen, ending a long-running dispute between the two car makers that involved an alleged breach of contract by the Japanese company to purchase ...
- Aramark meets 1Q profit forecasts Associated Press - 16 minutes ago
On a per-share basis, the Philadelphia-based company said it had net income of 38 cents. Earnings, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, were 50 cents per share. The results matched Wall Street expectations. ...
- Can brief flashes of light before flying beat jet lag? @ MarketWatch - 16 minutes ago
Exposure to brief flashes of light during the night before a trip could help people avoid jet lag, according to a new study by Stanford University researchers.
- Oil rises after third-biggest daily fall since 2008 crisis Reuters - 17 minutes ago
Oil rose on Wednesday, after having posted its third-biggest daily fall since the 2008 financial crisis the day before, supported by the possibility of major producers cooperating to tackle a supply glut that has sent prices to 12-year lows. Iran's oil minister said Tehran was ready to negotiate with Saudi Arabia and the …
- Time Warner raises profit forecast, sets $5 billion buyback program Reuters - 18 minutes ago
- Revenue edges up for Time Warner for 2015 @ City A.M. - 19 minutes ago
Time Warner has today revealed revenue of $28.1bn (£19.3bn) for its full year ended December 2015, up three per cent on the year before. "We had another very successful year in 2015, demonstrating once again Time Warner’s ability to deliver strong financial performance as well as creative and programming excellence," said Jeff …
- RBI net sold $179 mln in spot in Dec, intervened in futures - bulletin Reuters - 19 minutes ago
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) sold a net $179 million in spot exchange markets in December compared with net buying of $15 million in November, while also intervening in the futures markets, it said in a monthly bulletin on Wednesday. The RBI did not provide a breakdown of sales or purchases for currency futures in December, …
- Ugandan Party Says Biometric Scans Won't End Vote-Rigging Fears @ Bloomberg - 21 minutes ago
Uganda’s main opposition said next week’s elections still face the threat of rigging, even after authorities introduced a biometric system to register voters for the polls in which President Yoweri Museveni ...
- What to expect from Twitter’s earnings @ MarketWatch - 22 minutes ago
Twitter reports fourth-quarter earnings after the bell Wednesday, and analysts are looking for some clarity.
- Tesla earnings: Model 3 spending, Model X sales in focus @ MarketWatch - 22 minutes ago
Tesla to report fourth-quarter earnings on Wednesday.
- Hikma tumbles 12.3% as FTSE 100 rises @ BBC News - 24 minutes ago
Pharmaceuticals firm Hikma is the biggest loser on London's main share index after it lowers its offer for US firm Roxane Laboratories.
- [$$] Deutsche Bank Shares Soar @ The Wall Street Journal - 24 minutes ago
Shares in Deutsche Bank rose 14% following news that the German lender is considering buying back some of its debt.
- What to watch for in Cisco’s earnings @ MarketWatch - 24 minutes ago
Cisco is expected to report quarterly earnings after the market closes on Wednesday.
- Charles River beats Street 4Q forecasts Associated Press - 26 minutes ago
The Wilmington, Massachusetts-based company said it had net income of 67 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, came to $1 per share. The results exceeded Wall Street expectations. ...
- 'Zoolander 2': Charlie Rose @ Bloomberg - 26 minutes ago
- Opera Software Gets $1.2 Billion Buyout Offer From Chinese Consortium @ Forbes - 28 minutes ago
Billionaire founder of Qihoo 360 is behind the group of new investors that want to pick up the browser that became an advertising company.
- Futures are rallying Business Insider - 28 minutes ago
Futures are rebounding on Wednesday morning ahead of Fed chair Janet Yellen's semi-annual...
- Eritrea Says It Backs Saudi Arabia's Moves to `Combat Terrorism' @ Bloomberg - 28 minutes ago
Eritrea’s president reiterated his support for Saudi Arabia’s battle against militants, without commenting on a United Nations report that said the kingdom and the United Arab Emirates were paying the ...
- VW recalls 680,000 brand cars in U.S. over airbag problems Reuters - 29 minutes ago