- Devil's in the details of OPEC deal as Asia buyers remain cautious Reuters - 3 minutes 58 seconds ago
SINGAPORE/SEOUL (Reuters) - Asian crude oil buyers remained cautious, eyeing details of an OPEC deal after the oil-producers group agreed for the first time since 2008 to reduce output in an oversupplied market. Global oil prices held onto gains on Thursday after soaring 6 percent in the previous session as the Organization …
- Denmark's crown prince couple kick off 2 day Boston trip Associated Press - 5 minutes ago
BOSTON (AP) — Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and his wife Mary are kicking off a two-day trade mission to Boston.
- Oil prices retreat as investors wait for clarity on OPEC deal Reuters - 16 minutes ago
Oil futures retreated on Thursday as the market grew more sceptical on how OPEC would implement a plan to curb oil output a day after the group agreed to limit production. Benchmark prices had initially extended gains made in the previous session following the decision by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries …
- Greek govt fully committed to bailout despite dwindling support: Econ Minister CNBC - 17 minutes ago
Greece's economy minister is confident that the country's leftist government is following the right policies, despite a decline in public support.
- Ship shake: Hanjin woes may help float tech, data start-ups Reuters - 18 minutes ago
The global shipping industry, ravaged by collapsing revenues, defensive mergers and the failure of major player South Korea's Hanjin Shipping Co Ltd, is slowly waking up to the redeeming potential of technology. While sensor-laden containers, smart ships and 3D printing have grabbed the headlines, the start-ups making …
- Risky Season for Asia's Bubbliest Market @ Bloomberg - 20 minutes ago
- ICICI Pru Life shares fall on debut after $911 million IPO Reuters - 21 minutes ago
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co Ltd (ICIR.NS) fell as much as 1.8 percent in early trade on their market debut on Thursday after the company's $911 million initial public ...
- Despite Digital Delivery: TV Picks Up Increasing Interference @ Forbes - 22 minutes ago
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler appears determined to be, in the words of GWB, “the decider” of how internet content will be delivered to America’s television viewers. In some sort of quixotic quest for telecommunications immortality, Wheeler has promulgated a series of contradictory schemes to ensure digital change, seemingly …
- Seoul court denies arrest warrant for Lotte Group chairman; corruption probe continues Reuters - 27 minutes ago
A South Korean court rejected a request by prosecutors for a warrant to arrest Lotte Group Chairman Shin Dong-bin in the latest twist in a wide-ranging corruption probe that has convulsed the country's fifth-largest family-run conglomerate. Prosecutors may re-submit their request, Yonhap news agency reported, and warrant …
- Gold steady as dollar sags after OPEC deal Reuters - 32 minutes ago
Division between Federal Reserve policymakers on when to raise U.S. interest rates has sapped investor enthusiasm for trading on comments by officials from the central bank. The mixed views from U.S. Fed officials have weakened their credibility and the market has stopped buying (on) their comments," said Jiang Shu, chief …
- Japan's new passenger plane completes US flight AFP - 36 minutes ago
- Samsung says in talks with U.S. watchdog on washing machine safety issues Reuters - 41 minutes ago
Samsung Electronics <005930.KS>, which is already reeling from a global recall of its Note 7 smartphones, said on Thursday it is in talks with a U.S. watchdog to address potential safety problems related to some of its washing machines. The South Korean tech company's comments came as the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission …
- [$$] Mitsubishi Jet Completes First Trip to U.S. for Testing @ The Wall Street Journal - 42 minutes ago
Built by a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, the twin-engine jet could become the first Japanese-built civilian aircraft to carry passengers in decades.
- Turnbull Steps Up Attack on Renewables After Australian Blackout @ Bloomberg - 43 minutes ago
- Indian government asks state-run NALCO to re-think Iran smelter unit plan Reuters - 47 minutes ago
India's government has asked state-controlled National Aluminium Co Ltd (NALCO) to re-think its overseas expansion plans including a proposal to set up a $2 billion smelter unit in Iran, a top official said on Wednesday. "Value addition should happen in India and we should be self sufficient in aluminium instead of …
- Death, Probes, Family Feud: a Look Back at Lotte Group’s Crisis @ Bloomberg - 47 minutes ago
- New-Look Knicks Open Camp in Search of Different Sides to the Triangle @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
With a new head coach, a new point guard and a new center, the Knicks are just beginning to figure out how to put a fresh spin on Phil Jackson’s old triangle offense. It won’t happen overnight.
- [$$] Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop Won’t Run for Governor @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop, long considered a top contender in next year’s gubernatorial race, said Wednesday that he wouldn’t run and endorsed another candidate for the Democratic nomination.
- [$$] Congress Overrides Obama @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Too bad it’s on a bill that will hurt U.S. interests.
- [$$] Missile System That Downed MH17 Said to Be From Russia @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Dutch prosecutors investigating the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 said the system used to shoot down the plane over Ukraine in 2014, killing all 298 people on board, originated in Russia.
- [$$] ECB’s Easy-Money Policies Averted a New Great Depression, Draghi Says @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
European Central Bank President Mario Draghi told German lawmakers that the ECB’s easy-money policies had helped avert a new Great Depression in the eurozone.
- [$$] Philippines Leader to End Joint Military Exercises, Naval Patrols With U.S. @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte says military exercises scheduled for next month with the U.S. will be the last for the longtime allies, as he seeks to avoid upsetting China, with which he hopes ...
- [$$] Skepticism Looms Over Plan for Long Island Coast @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
A federal initiative to strengthen Long Island against coastal storms is inching closer to becoming a reality even as doubts persist in the communities that stand most to benefit from it.
- [$$] Gambling Industry Emerges From the Political Shadows @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Once on the defensive in national politics, the gambling industry is now playing a highly public role in U.S. elections, a prospect previously unimaginable.
- [$$] Hillary Clinton Leans on Bernie Sanders to Gain Support Among Young Voters @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Hillary Clinton made a campaign stop in New Hampshire on Wednesday alongside her one-time primary opponent Bernie Sanders, leaning on his popularity to shore up her support among younger voters.
- [$$] U.S. Believes Hackers Are Shielded by Russia to Hide Its Role in Cyberintrusions @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Officials are increasingly confident that the Russian government is intensifying a campaign to steal U.S. computer records and leak damaging information from them to the American public.
- [$$] The Legend of Saint Comey @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
The FBI chief passes the buck on immunity for Clinton’s aides.
- [$$] Who’s the Systemic Risk Now? @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
Washington’s assault on Deutsche Bank imperils Europe’s economy.
- [$$] U.S. Durable-Goods Orders Flat in August @ The Wall Street Journal - 48 minutes ago
U.S. factories reported flat demand for big-ticket goods in August, suggesting the economy continues to be restrained by sluggish business spending.
- [$$] Congress Overrides Obama’s Veto of Bill Allowing Terror Victims to Sue Foreign Governments @ The Wall Street Journal - 49 minutes ago
Congress voted overwhelmingly to override President Barack Obama’s veto of legislation that would allow Americans to sue foreign governments over terrorist attacks, the first such rebuke to the president ...
- [$$] Sumner Redstone’s National Amusements to Call on Viacom and CBS to Explore Merger @ The Wall Street Journal - 49 minutes ago
Weeks after cementing a powerful role in her family’s $40 billion media empire, Shari Redstone is moving to undo the last big strategic move of her ailing father, Sumner Redstone: the divorce of Viacom ...
- [$$] OPEC Agrees on Need to Cut Oil Output @ The Wall Street Journal - 49 minutes ago
The group reached a consensus that members need to reduce crude-oil production to lift petroleum prices, though reaching a deal is far from certain.
- [$$] Mexico’s TV Giveaway Spawns Questions @ The Wall Street Journal - 49 minutes ago
The Mexican government’s mass purchase of 24-inch digital TVs for distribution to welfare recipients in 2014 and 2015 was riddled with corruption, people with knowledge of the process say.
- [$$] Donald Trump Campaigns in Iowa as Early Voting Set to Begin @ The Wall Street Journal - 49 minutes ago
Republican Donald Trump stumped for support Wednesday in the western and most conservative swath of Iowa, one day before early voting begins in this pivotal presidential swing state.
- [$$] FBI Identifies Men Sought in Bomb Bag Video @ The Wall Street Journal - 49 minutes ago
Two men wanted as witnesses in the New York bombing investigation after they removed a bag apparently left by the bomber have been identified by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, according to officials ...