- Aurobindo Pharma fourth quarter profit jumps 40 percent; shares rise 4 percent Reuters - 17 minutes ago
Aurobindo Pharma Ltd (ARBN.NS), India's fourth-largest drugmaker by sales, said higher sales in the United States and emerging markets helped its fourth-quarter net profit grow 40 percent, above estimates, sending shares up as much as 4 percent. Net profit for the January-March quarter rose to 5.63 billion rupees ($83.9 …
- China stocks see biggest one-day gain on MSCI speculation @ MarketWatch - 27 minutes ago
Traders are anticipating that MSCI’s inclusion of A-shares into the index will channel billions in passive asset-management money into China, lifting share prices.
- How To Play China's Shift From LCD To OLED? @ Barrons.com - 43 minutes ago
Apple (AAPL) is long rumored to have hired Samsung Electronics (005930.Korea/SSNLF) to supply OLED screens for its iPhones next year. Major Chinese TV panel makers have recently set their eyes on flexible OLED investment, because the government subsidies on LCD technology will go away next year. China Star, a major manufacturer, …
- SE Asia Stocks-Cautious ahead of U.S. econ data, Yellen's speech next week Reuters - 47 minutes ago
By Aparajita Saxena May 31 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stocks were largely cautious on Tuesday as investors waited for cues from U.S. inflation and employment data next week, the two most important indicators ...
- Qatar Economy Minister Sees 2016 GDP Growth at 3.4% @ Bloomberg - 48 minutes ago
Qatar’s Economy Minister Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani discusses economic growth in speech Monday in Doha. * NOTE: In Dec., govt forecast 4.3% growth for 2016
- Oil prices hold tight as investors look ahead to OPEC meeting @ MarketWatch - 49 minutes ago
The major event for this week is the OPEC biannual meeting on June 2 in Vienna, which is unlikely to yield any formal consensus on curtailing production, analysts said.
- Nestle, on health kick, moves into milk allergy testing Reuters - 49 minutes ago
Nestle (NESN.S), the world's biggest food company, is stepping up its push into medicine with a global deal worth up to 100 million euros (75.91 million pounds) to develop and market an experimental milk allergy test for infants. The Swiss group will pay DBV Technologies (DBV.PA) 10 million euros (7.59 million pounds) …
- What Would It Take to Improve the Global Steel Industry’s Health? Market Realist - 51 minutes ago
Global steel production has fallen on a year-over-year (or YoY) basis for 16 consecutive months. In April, production fell 0.43% YoY.
- Cincinnati Zoo: Gorilla Death a Big Loss @ MarketWatch - 51 minutes ago
The Cincinnati Zoo defended the decision to shoot a gorilla to save a boy, as zoo keepers mourned the loss. Harambe, a western lowland gorilla—an endangered species—had turned 17 years old the day before. ...
- Why Did Cisco’s Routing Revenues Fall in Fiscal 3Q16? Market Realist - 51 minutes ago
Cisco’s (CSCO) routing business saw revenues fall 5% YoY (year-over-year) in fiscal 3Q16.
- What Dividend Did Packaging Corporation of America Declare? Market Realist - 52 minutes ago
Packaging Corporation of America (PKG) has a market capitalization of $6.2 billion. It fell by 1.1% to close at $64.39 per share on May 18, 2016.
- How Did High Yield Bond Fund Outflows Do Last Week? Market Realist - 53 minutes ago
Investor flows into high yield bond funds were negative last week for the second consecutive week. Net outflows from high yield bond funds totaled $1.9 billion.
- Weatherford’s Compliance Status after Its Credit Rating Downgrade Market Realist - 53 minutes ago
Weatherford International (WFT) is currently in compliance with all the debt covenants. WFT now has a ~$1.9 billion draw-down facility from April, down from $2 billion earlier.
- Goldman Sachs raises odds of China share inclusion in MSCI indexes to 70 percent Reuters - 54 minutes ago
The U.S. bank joins a growing list of investors and brokers such as Blackrock and Franklin Templeton's Mark Mobius who have given Beijing a thumbs up in recent weeks ahead of the MSCI's decision on June 14. Goldman said on Tuesday that measures taken by authorities with respect to beneficial ownership of shares and clarifying …
- Sun Pharma forecasts annual sales below estimates, shares fall Reuters - 55 minutes ago
India's Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd issued a weaker-than expected annual sales outlook as it grapples with increased competition in the United States as well as supply constraints, sending its shares 5 percent lower. The world fifth-largest generic drugs maker said it expects sales to climb between 8 and 10 percent …
- Israel's Army Gets Pulled Deeper Into the Political Mire @ Bloomberg - 58 minutes ago
- Nestle Buys Rights to Milk-Allergy Test From French Company DBV @ Bloomberg - 58 minutes ago
- Euro-Area Consumer Prices Set to Decline Again: Chart @ Bloomberg - 58 minutes ago
- Iron Ore’s Rally Gets Gutted in May as Reality, Regulators Bite @ Bloomberg - 59 minutes ago
For iron ore, if April was a party then May’s been the aftermath. Benchmark prices are headed for the biggest monthly loss since 2012 as a rally driven by a speculative frenzy in China segued straight ...
- [$$] Noble Group: Why Big Moves Don't Signal New Chapter @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Noble Group bids farewell to its CEO and one of its best-performing businesses, hardly signs things are getting back to normal.
- Saudi Telecom CEO: Seriously Considering Tower Sale @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
- CCB, ICBC Said Planning to Sell Bad Loan Asset-Backed Securities @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
China Construction Bank Corp. is planning to sell asset-backed securities tied to non-performing loans, said a person familiar with the matter. Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. is also planning ...
- China Stock-Index Futures Tumble 10% Before Sharp Rebound: Chart @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
- Stephen Curry's daughter once again stole the show after huge Game-7 win Business Insider - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
The Golden State Warriors completed an improbable comeback and won Game 7 over the...
- Nearly 46 Million People Trapped in Modern Slavery, Report Finds @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Nearly 46 million people across the globe are living in modern slavery, a system of exploitation that governments and businesses must do more to end, according to the Walk Free Foundation.
- Indian Stocks Fluctuate as Sun Pharma Drops; Tata Motors Climbs @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
- Saudi Arabia Sets Up New Debt Office @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
- Globalfoundries Forms Joint Venture to Make More Chips in China @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 28 minutes ago
Globalfoundries Inc., one of the largest contract manufacturers of semiconductors, is forming a joint venture with the government of Chongqing to get greater access to the Chinese chip market.
- Goldman Sees Huge Buying Into China ADRs Upon Full MSCI Inclusion @ Barrons.com - 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Indexer MSCI will induct the 2nd tranche of U.S.-listed Chinese companies into its benchmark indexes on May 31, after markets close. Upon inclusion of the 2nd tranche, the benchmark MSCI China index will ...
- China’s Xi Seeks Deeper Ties With Philippines Under Duterte @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 37 minutes ago
- Investment Opportunities in Asian Startups @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
- New Zealand plans to remove logos from cigarette packs Associated Press - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
- Trump Hits the Panic Button at the Hint of a Third Party Run The Fiscal Times - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
It’s hard to tell if conservative pundit William Kristol was being serious or just wanted to mess with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump when he tweeted a promise over the weekend that a conservative third-party alternative to the billionaire would soon declare interest in the presidency. “Just a …
- How One CMO Finds the Right Talent @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Emily Culp of Keds on her search for ‘purple squirrels,’ or candidates with a unique blend of skills.
- J.P. Morgan’s CIO on the Bank’s Security Game Plan @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
CIO Dana Deasy discusses the bank’s strategy since the 2014 breach, as well as working with fintech partners.