- FTSE Fights Back To Climb Out Of Bear Market Sky News - 8 minutes ago
The FTSE 100 has fought back strongly after sinking to its lowest levels since July 2012 - helped by an improving oil price, the US economy, and reassurance over the banking sector. London's leading share index finished 3.1%, or 170.6 points higher, more than wiping out the steep losses seen in the previous session. It …
- European stocks bounce higher at end of brutal week AFP - 44 minutes ago
- London close: FTSE finishes on front foot Sharecast - 53 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE rang off a choppy week on a positive note, bouncing back 3.1% on the day as bargain hunters snapped up mining stocks and lifted the index away from the previous day's three-year ...
- FTSE records best day in five months as commodities shares surge Reuters - UK Focus - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
Britain's top share index ended higher on Friday, recording its best one-day percentage gain in more than five months, as banking and commodities-related stocks rebounded from a slump in the previous session. ...
- Foolish Investors Never Waste A Crisis… So Don’t Waste This One! Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 35 minutes ago
Today's stock market crisis is the opportunity Foolish investors have been waiting for, says Harvey Jones.
- Has Gold’s Moment Finally Come? Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
Gold may be shining again but Harvey Jones isn't dazzled.
- The beginner’s guide to a financial crisis Telegraph - 1 hour 59 minutes ago
The news is full of stories about plunging stock markets and financial panic. What's really going on?
- Greene King's newest director buys in to company Sharecast - 2 hours 18 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - Greene King's newest director has put his money behind the company he'll chair later this year.
- Why The Risks Outweigh The Possible Rewards At Tesco PLC & Tullow Oil plc Fool.co.uk - 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Royston Wild looks at the challenges facing Tesco PLC (LON: TSCO) and Tullow Oil plc (LON: TLW).
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 2 hours 23 minutes ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Global Real Estate UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 11-Feb-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD18.5711 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 460,000 CODE ¦ View source ...
- FTSE 250 miners: Metals and oil stocks rebound Sharecast - 2 hours 32 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 was in the black on Friday, with the index up 231.28 points (1.52%) to 15,410.08 by mid-afternoon.
- FTSE 100 movers: Rolls-Royce leads index higher Sharecast - 2 hours 37 minutes ago
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was set to end the week having reduced some of its losses, with the index up 108.93 points (1.97%) to 5,645.90.
- Stocks rebound at end of brutal week AFP - 3 hours ago
- FTSE Higher As Nikkei Suffers 5% Plunge Sky News - 3 hours ago
European stock markets have rallied a day after a rout which saw the FTSE 100 (NasdaqGS: Z - news) hit lows not seen since July 2012. London's leading share index was up 2%, or more than 100 points, by lunchtime on Friday, while Germany's Dax and France's Cac 40 also saw gains of about 2%. The UK market was led higher …
- Should You Buy Or Sell ARM Holdings plc, Direct Line Insurance Group PLC And Old Mutual plc After Recent Losses? Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Do big prices falls make ARM Holdings plc (LON:ARM), Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON:DLG) and Old Mutual plc (LON:OML) a buy or a sell?
- Why I Wouldn’t Buy Rio Tinto PLC At These Prices Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Royston Wild explains why Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) has much, much further to fall.
- Friday newspaper share tips: Confidence over Informa's future earning Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - The Times' Tempus is confident about Informa's future and the ability to raise earnings again, though acknowledged some investors might be tempted to take profits.
- FTSE Higher Despite Nikkei's 5% Plunge Sky News - 5 hours ago
European stock markets have posted modest gains this morning following yesterday's rout which saw the FTSE 100 (NasdaqGS: Z - news) hit a four-year low. The UK market was led higher by Rolls Royce this morning which despite announcing a cut to its dividend saw its share price jump 16%. The index of the UK's 100 largest …
- Rolls-Royce Holding PLC Halves Its Dividend, But The Shares Soar By 18% Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Is it time to get back into Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR)?
- Rolls-Royce cuts dividend for first time in 25 years AFP - 5 hours ago
- Is It Too Soon To Buy Lonmin Plc, Cairn Energy PLC And Cape PLC? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Should you avoid these 3 resources stocks right now? Lonmin Plc (LON: LMI), Cairn Energy PLC (LON: CNE) and Cape PLC (LON: CIU).
- Are City Analysts Wrong About Shire PLC, easyJet plc And International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA? Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Shares in Shire PLC (LON:SHP), easyJet plc (LON:EZJ) and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA (LON:IAG) have fallen heavily in 2016. Is this a buying opportunity?
- Is Royal Dutch Shell Plc The Top FTSE 100 Income Buy? Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Now could be the perfect time to back Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RDSB) for long-term income.
- Volatility in the oil markets is now higher than during the financial crisis Business Insider UK Finance - 7 hours ago
Volatility in the price of oil is at its highest level since 2009, amid speculation in the markets about whether or not producers are ready to take action to try and boost prices, as first reported by Bloomberg. Oil slumped to a 12-year low during trading on Thursday, but is up as much as 5% on Friday morning as the world's …
- Eurozone GDP up as expected in fourth quarter Sharecast - 7 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Eurozone GDP grew 0.3% in the fourth quarter, in line with the previous quarter and economists' forecasts, according to a flash estimate from Eurostat.
- Watchdog fines GSK £37m for paying to keep generic drugs out of UK market Telegraph - 7 hours ago
The pharmaceuticals giant says it is appealing the decision
- Why I’m Bullish On Aviva plc, National Grid plc And WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC Fool.co.uk - 7 hours ago
These 3 stocks have huge appeal: Aviva plc (LON: AV), National Grid plc (LON: NG) and WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (LON: MRW).
- It’s Time To Select Shares In The FTSE 100 Fool.co.uk - 8 hours ago
Recent volatility in the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) could be leaving a trail of good value.
- Britain's FTSE lifted by bank recovery, Rolls-Royce rally Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
UK shares rose on Friday as bank stocks and shares in commodities-related companies recovered following a slump in the previous session, while Rolls-Royce also jumped after a well-received update. Britain's ...
- Tritax Big Box successfully completes share issue Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - There was a fresh injection of capital heading Tritax Big Box's way on Friday, with the company's board announcing the success of its Placing, Open Offer and Offer for Subscription of ...
- London open: Rolls-Royce and banks lead FTSE bounce Sharecast - 8 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Led by a relief rally in Rolls-Royce and banking stocks, shares in the UK's blue chips threw off the negative market sentiment and bounced back strongly after hitting three-year lows ...
- Asian markets battered as Tokyo tanks again AFP - 9 hours ago
- Nikkei Plunges 5% But FTSE Opens Higher Sky News - 9 hours ago
Japan's Nikkei has closed 4.8% lower as it reacted to sharp sell-offs in European and US markets which saw London's FTSE 100 (NasdaqGS: Z - news) fall to its lowest level in four years on Thursday. Among the biggest fallers in Japan was Softbank which owns over a third of Alibaba, the Chinese retail giant which is valued …
- 3 Catalysts To Propel Lloyds Banking Group PLC Higher Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LON: LLOY) could be about to soar.
- Rolls-Royce halves dividend as profits fall 12% Sharecast - 10 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Rolls-Royce cut its final dividend by 50% to 7.1p and said it would be halved again at the next interim stage, though full year underlying profits did not fall as far as some feared....