- European equities shrug off Asian gains AFP - 7 minutes ago
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 42 minutes ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Global Real Estate UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 26-May-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD21.2927 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 460,000 CODE ¦ View source version ...
- Why PayPoint plc is a better power play than Centrica plc Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
This Fool takes a less risky approach to the energy sector with PayPoint plc (LON: PAY), but keeps his eye on Centrica plc (LON: CNA).
- Britain's FTSE index set to post fourth consecutive month of gains Reuters - UK Focus - 2 hours 57 minutes ago
Britain's top share index was set to post its fourth straight month of gains on Tuesday, though mining companies lost ground after metals prices came under pressure from a rise in the dollar. The UK mining ...
- Inmarsat set for FTSE demotion Sharecast - 3 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Satellite communications company Inmarsat could be pushed out of the FTSE 100 by Hikma Pharmaceuticals in June, according to the FTSE Russell.
- What might Roy Hodgson’s portfolio look like? Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Could National Grid plc (LON:NG), Whitbread plc (LON:WTB), easyJet (LON:EZ) or Sirius Minerals plc (LSE:SXX) find their way into the England manager's portfolio?
- Hong Kong retail slide undermines Burberry and other luxury brand shares Sharecast - 4 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Retail sales in Hong Kong continued to decline last month, new data showed, sending shares in Burberry lower on Tuesday morning.
- Lloyds Banking Group plc should continue to beat the FTSE 100 Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Despite slowing recently, Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON: LLOY) is still the UK bank to buy, says Harvey Jones.
- London open: Stocks gain as trading resumes after bank holiday Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - UK stocks gained on Tuesday as trading resumed after the long weekend.
- 3 super income stocks: Banco Santander SA, Imperial Brands plc & Royal Mail plc Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
These 3 stocks have stunning dividend prospects: Banco Santander SA (LON: BNC), Imperial Brands plc (LON: IMB) and Royal Mail plc (LON: RMG)
- Shanghai surge leads rally in Asian shares AFP - 5 hours ago
- Should you buy the FTSE 250 index instead of the FTSE 100? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) ETFs are a popular choice amongst UK investors. But if you're looking for extra growth, maybe you should consider the FTSE 250 FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX) index.
- Britain's FTSE index edges lower as miners slip Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
Britain's top share index edged lower from an earlier one-month high on Tuesday, with mining companies losing ground after metals prices came under pressure from a rise in the dollar. The UK mining index ...
- Scottish Investment Trust first half income up, but returns fall Sharecast - 5 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Scottish Investment Trust said first half net asset value per share total return was 4% and share price total return 4.4%.
- Will AstraZeneca plc, Shire plc and Smith & Nephew plc help you survive Brexit? Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Should you buy these three stocks ahead of the EU referendum? AstraZeneca plc (LON: AZN), Shire plc (LON: SHP) and Smith & Nephew plc (LON: SN).
- Tuesday newspaper round-up: HSBC, Brexit polls, Alliance Trust Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - HSBC's Stuart Gulliver is the European bank chief executive who investors would most like to be replaced, according to a recent poll of large shareholders. When 74 institutional investors ...
- Lloyds Banking Group plc could easily rise to 100p+ Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Shares in Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON: LLOY) seem to be vastly undervalued.
- London pre-open: Stocks seen flat as traders return after long weekend Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Stocks in London were expected to open flat on Tuesday as traders returned to their desks after the Bank Holiday weekend.
- Ex-divs to take 6.4 points off FTSE 100 on June 2 Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
The following FTSE 100 companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, ...
- Alliance Trust confirms RIT Capital's informal merger approach Sharecast - 6 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - Alliance Trust said it has received an unsolicited, informal approach from fellow FTSE 250 investment trust RIT Capital Partners that proposed a merger of the two companies.
- WSJCity: Bankers see Light after Referendum, RIT and Alliance Trust Confirm Talks The Wall Street Journal - 6 hours ago
Good morning from London. Here’s essential reading today from WSJ City.
- BUZZ-Alliance Trust: RIT Capital makes informal merger proposal Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
** Investment firm Alliance Trust's shares up 3.3 pct, top FTSE mid-250 gainers, after RIT Capital Partners makes informal merger proposal ** Alliance Trust says RIT has not provided any details of proposal ...
- London midday: Stocks slide as oil prices fall, eurozone remains in deflation Sharecast - 14 hours ago
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were in the red on Tuesday as oil prices fell and official data showed the eurozone remained in deflation.
- Barclays plc, HSBC Holdings plc and Royal Bank of Scotland plc are ready to thrash the FTSE 100 Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
The road is long but Barclays plc (LON: BARC), HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBC) and Royal Bank of Scotland plc (LON: RBS) will get there in the end, says Harvey Jones.
- At a crossroads: why the FTSE 100 could crash or rocket Fool.co.uk - Mon, May 30, 2016 14:00 BST
If Britain leaves Europe, and Donald Trump is elected President, the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) could crash.
- Asia stocks tick up after Yellen hints at rate hike AFP - Mon, May 30, 2016 04:46 BST
- Sunday share tips: Flybe, United Utilities, FairFX Sharecast - Sun, May 29, 2016 17:22 BST
(ShareCast News) - Sell shares in Flybe, was the verdict of the Sunday Times' Inside the City column as prospects for profits look limited. A week and a half away from full year results, shares in the ...
- Trafigura-Backed Puma Energy Eyes £4bn Float Sky News - Sun, May 29, 2016 15:21 BST
An oil storage firm backed by the commodities trading house Trafigura is in talks with banks that could lead to a public listing valuing it at more than $6bn (£4.1bn). Sky News has learnt that Singapore-based Puma Energy, which last year bought the dormant Milford Haven oil refinery in Wales, is lining up advisers to work …
- The tortoise and the hare: Reckitt Benckiser Group plc and Rolls-Royce Holding plc Fool.co.uk - Sun, May 29, 2016 08:30 BST
Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (LON: RB) may look like a plodder but it has skinned big-headed Rolls-Royce Holding (LON: RR) plc, says Harvey Jones.
- 3 risks that could hurt your retirement plans Fool.co.uk - Sat, May 28, 2016 10:30 BST
These three events could cause your portfolio to endure a challenging period.
- 3 defensive stocks in case of Brexit: National Grid plc, SSE plc and Severn Trent plc Fool.co.uk - Sat, May 28, 2016 08:30 BST
These 3 stocks could be strong performers in case of Brexit: National Grid plc (LON: NG), SSE plc (LON: SSE) and Severn Trent plc (LON: SVT).
- US stocks, dollar gain as Yellen talks rate hike AFP - Fri, May 27, 2016 22:27 BST
- London close: Stocks flat after mixed economic data Sharecast - Fri, May 27, 2016 18:22 BST
(ShareCast News) - London stocks were essentially unchanged at the closing bell on Friday as traders assessed mixed economic data and awaited a speech from Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen.
- Is Neil Woodford really as good as everybody says? Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 27, 2016 18:00 BST
Is the Neil Woodford one-man show a hit or a flop? Harvey Jones delivers his review.
- What will $50 oil do for share prices? Fool.co.uk - Fri, May 27, 2016 17:50 BST
Rising oil prices could give your investments a boost.