- Commodities Round-up: Stronger dollar, US inventory data clobber oil futures International Business Times - 4 hours ago
Oil futures retreated on Wednesday (31 August) as the dollar strengthened and a US report pointed to a higher than expected rise in crude stockpiles stateside. All the while, the strength of dollar dogged commodities in general, especially oil and gold, for much of the European session. At 5.01pm BST, the Brent front …
- Polymetal pushes housebuilder Berkeley out of UK's FTSE 100 Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Housebuilder Berkeley Group has lost its place in the blue-chip FTSE 100 equity index after its stock price dropped, partly because of Britain's vote to leave the European Union. FTSE Russell, which handles changes to the index, said on Wednesday that Berkeley would be replaced by Russian gold and silver miner Polymetal, …
- Markets cautious ahead of US jobs data AFP - 5 hours ago
- Former Tesco finance chief cleared by accountancy watchdog International Business Times - 5 hours ago
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC), Britain's accountancy watchdog, has dropped an investigation into the former Tesco's chief financial officer after almost two years. In December 2014, the watchdog launched a probe into the supermarket's accounts, after accountants from Deloitte found the company had artificially …
- Britain's FTSE Posts Third Straight Month Of Gains Reuters - UK Focus - 5 hours ago
- FTSE Moves: London market eases after miners suffer slump International Business Times - 6 hours ago
- Great margins, high dividends, low debt: Are these Footsie shares the best buys on the market? Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
Can these three shares continue to be investor darlings for years to come?
- How long must we wait for Lloyds Banking Group plc to deliver? Fool.co.uk - 7 hours ago
Harvey Jones expected more from Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON: LLOY) but says patient investors should eventually reap the rewards.
- Should investors flock to these two companies after today’s impressive results? Fool.co.uk - 8 hours ago
Should investors take a closer look at these market minnows?
- FX Focus: Pound Gains As It Threatens To Break €1.18 For First Time In Three Weeks International Business Times - 8 hours ago
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 9 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers Harvest FTSE China AH 50 INDEX UCITS ETF (DR) DEALING DATE ¦ 31-Aug-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD22.0164 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 250,000 CODE ¦ View source version ...
- Standard Life Hunts Brexit Chief As City Awaits Departure Terms Sky News - 9 hours ago
- GLOBAL MARKETS-U.S. 10-year yield heads for biggest monthly rise in over a year Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
U.S. Treasury 10-year yields were on course for their biggest monthly increase in more than a year on Wednesday as investors built up bets that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates before the year is out. The growing prospects of a rate hike, perhaps next month, lifted the dollar against many major currencies, …
- European stocks diverge on mixed data AFP - 10 hours ago
- Five ways to meet the £156,653 cost of private school Telegraph - 11 hours ago
Five ways to meet the £156,653 cost of private school
- US 10-year yield on for biggest monthly rise in over a year CNBC - 11 hours ago
US 10-year yield on for biggest monthly rise in over a year|| 103904736
- How to bet on the next big thing Fool.co.uk - 12 hours ago
Sector-based ETFs can give you diversification without diluting your focus.
- BUZZ-HSS Hire: Shares slip on EBITDA margin pressure Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
** Tool & equipment rental co HSS Hire falls as much as 8.7 pct after reports lower operating margins ** H1 revenue +13.5 pct to 166.2 million stg ** JPMorgan says slip in adj EBITDA margin reflects the ...
- Britain's FTSE set for third straight month of gains Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
UK shares steadied on Wednesday as weakness in mining shares outweighed gains by banks, though the FTSE 100 remained on track to post its third monthly gain in a row. The blue chip FTSE 100 index flat ...
- BUZZ-Restaurant Group: hit by Citi downgrade Reuters - UK Focus - 12 hours ago
** Restaurant Group -4.5%, near bottom of FTSE 250 in volume after Citi cuts to "sell" ** Broker cites recent significant share price bounce & ongoing operational headwinds ** Stock up 72% from ...
- Here’s how Apple Inc. pays taxes overseas (or avoids them) Fool.co.uk - 12 hours ago
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)'s overseas tax strategies are both complex and effective, and the company has a Plan B on hand.
- Asia markets mostly fall but weak yen boosts Tokyo AFP - 13 hours ago
- BUZZ-Gulf Marine Services: best day ever on solid H1 Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
** Vessels operator Gulf Marine Services up as much as 14.4 pct after reports 12 pct jump in H1 revenue ** Adj net profit up 20 pct ** Self-elevating support vessels utilisation of 89 pct in H1 2016 ** ...
- Gala Coral losses widen as Ladbrokes merger enters final stage International Business Times - 13 hours ago
Bookmaker Gala Coral recorded a wider third-quarter loss, which offset an increase in revenue over the period, as its proposed merger with sector peer Ladbrokes nears completion. Coral attributed the wider loss to £26m of exceptional costs – which included costs related to its £2.2bn deal with Ladbrokes, as well as impairment …
- Volkswagen could agree settlement over emission test cheating in its diesel cars International Business Times - 14 hours ago
Embattled German carmaker Volkswagen could reach a financial and technical settlement with US authorities over large-engined diesel cars found to have cheated emission tests by October, Audi's head of sales said on Wednesday (31 August). In June, Volkswagen agreed to pay up to $15.3bn (£11.7bn) to buy back and fix cars …
- HSS Hire Group posts interim loss due to one-time business expansion charges International Business Times - 14 hours ago
Tool hire firm HSS Hire Group has posted a loss for the first half of the year, mainly as a result of one-time business expansion charges. "I'm pleased to report strong revenue and underlying profit growth in the first half of the year reflecting the positive impacts of our revised strategy," HSS Hire chief executive John …
- Asian markets trade mixed as traders await key August US nonfarm payroll data International Business Times - 14 hours ago
- Should you buy these under-the-radar Woodford holdings? Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
Edward Sheldon looks at two of Neil Woodford's lesser known key holdings.
- WSJ City: U.K. Allure Rises After Apple Ruling; Sterling Deposits Jump; Consumers Shrug Off Brexit The Wall Street Journal - 15 hours ago
Brexit may make the U.K. more attractive to multinationals after the EU's Apple ruling, in theory. Economists predicted a massive outflow from sterling bank deposits. The startling thing about the EU's ruling against Apple's Irish tax bill is how few people it pleases.
- Should you use the historical or the forward dividend yield? Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
VIDEO: One Fool looks at these two important figures.
- UK business confidence drops following Brexit vote to five-year low International Business Times - 15 hours ago
UK business confidence has slipped in August amid the Brexit vote. The Lloyds Bank business barometer showed that confidence levels have slipped 13 points to 16% for the month. While the level is low, it is said to be still better than the 6% confidence reading noted by the bank in the days following the Brexit vote.
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares ease ahead of U.S. jobs data, oil slips Reuters - UK Focus - 15 hours ago
MSCI (Frankfurt: 3HM.F - news) 's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan was down 0.35 percent as traders awaited August U.S. non-farm payrolls due on Friday after a run of strong economic data and hawkish comments from Fed officials. Japan's Nikkei stock index ended the day 1 percent higher, up 1.9 percent …
- Is a dividend bonanza about to kick off at HSBC Holdings plc and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc? Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
Is it time for income investors to revisit these banking giants?
- UK consumer confidence for August rises by 5 points to -7 International Business Times - 18 hours ago
GfK's consumer confidence index for August has risen five points to -7. The index is an economic indicator that measures the degree of optimism that consumers feel about the overall state of the economy and their personal financial situation. This is a sharp improvement over last month, when the consumer confidence saw …
- Asia markets mostly down but Tokyo soars on weak yen AFP - 18 hours ago