- Stocks stable despite weak growth in US, eurozone AFP - 7 hours ago
- Markets resilient despite growth and stimulus disappointments AFP - 13 hours ago
- FTSE ends flat, breaks five-week winning streak as Pearson plunges Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
British shares ended little changed on Friday, with the FTSE 100 index ending a five-week winning streak as education publisher Pearson slumped after posting results. The index was down 0.05 percent at its close, underperforming the broader European market. It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) has recovered all of the losses …
- Stocks wobble after Bank of Japan frustrates AFP - 15 hours ago
- 3 dividend growth shares with wide margins of safety Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
A look at the dividend prospects of BAE Systems plc (LON:BA), Capita plc (LON:CPI) and Stagecoach Group plc (LON:SGC).
- 3 shares to buy after today’s half-time results? Fool.co.uk - 15 hours ago
Bilaal Mohamed considers the merits of buying Essentra plc (LON: ESNT), Indivior plc (LON: INDV) and Berendsen plc (LON: BRSN) after today's interim results.
- Should we buckle up for the FTSE 100 to hit 7,000… again? Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
VIDEO: One Fool looks at the roller-coaster ride of the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX).
- 3 top shares to buy after Friday’s results? Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Do first-half figures throw up any nice FTSE 100 bargains?
- 5 growth shares at the top of my shopping list Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Why I'm looking no further than these five stellar companies for my growth stocks.
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 17 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE 250 UCITS ETF (DR) DEALING DATE ¦ 27-Jul-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ GBP17.5430 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 6,038,052 CODE ¦ View source version on businesswire.com: ...
- Yen soars, markets wobble as Bank of Japan frustrates AFP - 18 hours ago
- BUZZ-Indivior: hits record on raised FY revenue forecast Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
** Indivior's shares up 12.8 pct at all-time high & easily top FTSE 250 gainer ** Co, which makes opioid addiction treatment drugs, raises FY revenue forecast to $1-$1.3 bln from $945-$975 mln after strong ...
- Britain's FTSE set to break five-week winning streak as Pearson plunges Reuters - UK Focus - 19 hours ago
British shares fell on Friday, with the FTSE 100 index set to end a five-week gaining streak as education publisher Pearson slumped after it posted results. The FTSE 100 index was down 0.2 percent at 6708.11 points by 0907 GMT, underperforming the broader European market. The FTSE 100 index has recovered all of its losses …
- BUZZ-Berendsen: worst day in nearly 5 yrs on slower rev growth rate Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
** Commercial laundry company Berendsen -5.5%, 3rd top FTSE midcap loser & on track for worst day since Oct 2011 as it trades down from its life high ** Results indicate slower rev growth rate of 3% in ...
- Yen soars, Asia stocks hit as Bank of Japan frustrates AFP - 20 hours ago
- BUZZ-Reckitt Benckiser: Soft FY sales outlook, Q2 miss hurts stock Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
** Consumer goods maker Reckitt Benckiser's shares down 2.1 pct, near the bottom of the FTSE, after saying FY sales growth will come in at lower end of 4-5 pct forecast ** Q2 sales growth of 4 pct, missing ...
- BUZZ-IMI: top FTSE 350 industrials gainer on H1 beat, FX benefit Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
** British engineer IMI's up 3 pct, top gainer on the FTSE 350 Industrial Engineering Index & touches its highest since Oct ** Says modest positive currency impact from Brexit, as it gets less than 6 pct ...
- BUZZ-Barclays: Q2 core business performance boosts stock Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
** Bank Barclays' shares up 5.7 pct, top of the FTSE, after saying core pretax profit for H1 up 19 pct to 3.97 bln stg ** "BARC has produced a 6% PBT beat in its core business in Q2," Jefferies ...
- BUZZ-Essentra: top European loser on FY rev warning Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
** Essentra, a supplier of specialty plastic and packaging components, -20%, top loser on Stoxx 600 index & 2nd worst day on record ** Co sees FY LFL rev declining by mid single-digits; had said in June ...
- 3 Neil Woodford high-yield shares to protect your portfolio from Brexit Fool.co.uk - 22 hours ago
Why these Neil Woodford dividend favourites could be great investments right now.
- WSJ City: Barclays Profit Hit by Asset Sales; UBS Profit Slips; BOJ Disappoints The Wall Street Journal - 22 hours ago
For updates throughout the day download WSJ City for iPhone here or Android here You’ll need to open this page on your mobile device to do this. Barclays' first half profit fell nearly a third as it boosted reserves and tried to speed up downsizing. The BOJ stopped short of more aggressive stimulus measures, sending …
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares slip, Nikkei recovers, yen rises as BOJ disappoints Reuters - UK Focus - 22 hours ago
SINGAPORE/TOKYO, July 29 (Reuters) - Asian shares slipped after touching a near one-year peak on Friday and the yen strengthened as the Bank of Japan's fresh stimulus measures disappointed markets, although Japanese stocks recovered on higher purchases of exchange-traded funds. The BOJ doubled purchases of ETFs (Shenzhen: …
- 'Should we buy a house or start a small business?' Telegraph - 23 hours ago
'Should we buy a house or start a small business?'
- What should you do as Brexit triggers sharpest economic contraction in 7 years? Fool.co.uk - 23 hours ago
Are the worst Brexit economic fears being realised? What should investors do about it?
- Yen up, Asia markets down as Bank of Japan in focus AFP - Fri, Jul 29, 2016 03:55 BST
- European stocks fall on weak earnings AFP - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 23:02 BST
- Sky Plc Reports 12% Rise In Profits Sky News - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 19:50 BST
Sky (LSE: BSY.L - news) has announced a 12% rise in group full-year operating profit, and reported that revenue in its home markets of the UK and Ireland (Other OTC: IRLD - news) passed £8bn for the first time. Sky plc, the home and mobile entertainment and communications company, said adjusted earnings in the year …
- Global shares slip after earnings deluge, Fed meeting AFP - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 18:07 BST
- Ian King Live: What's On Tonight's Show Sky News - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 16:55 BST
- WRAPUP-In Brexit month, investors dump shares, flee for safety of cash Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 15:55 BST
Global investors bought real estate, added to cash holdings and cut equity allocations to the lowest in at least five years as this month's shock Brexit vote added to an already toxic mix of sluggish world growth and volatile markets. The monthly Reuters survey of 44 fund managers and chief investment officers in the United …
- Should you buy these 3 on today’s news? Fool.co.uk - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 14:41 BST
Is today's flood of company news unearthing great bargains?
- Largest U.S. Companies Take on More Debt, Ignore Opportunities to Improve Working Capital Performance Business Wire - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 14:30 BST
The largest public companies in the U.S. chose to go even further into debt in 2015 instead of driving cash out of their businesses by improving how they collect from customers, pay suppliers, and manage inventory, according to the new annual working capital survey from REL, a division of The Hackett Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: …
- Sports Direct is flying! Business Insider UK Finance - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 14:26 BST
Shares in stricken retail giant Sports Direct are going crazy on Thursday after the company announced plans to spend around £90 million buying back shares from investors in advance of its AGM in early September. Sports Direct made the announcement to the markets early this morning, and at the open shares popped. Around …
- European equities slip in line with dollar AFP - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 12:44 BST
- Shell Net Profit Dives 71% On Low Oil Prices AFP - Thu, Jul 28, 2016 10:57 BST