- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 30 minutes ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE Vietnam UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 23-Aug-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD24.1157 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 13,953,397 CODE ¦ View source version on businesswire.com: ...
- Is Paddy Power Betfair still the best horse to back after today’s results? Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
Is Britain's biggest bookmaker by market cap still a worthwhile investment?
- European equities mainly rise on German GDP AFP - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
- FX Focus: Pound hits two-week high against the euro despite poor mortgage data International Business Times - 2 hours 48 minutes ago
The pound was on the front foot on Wednesday (24 August 2016), hitting a two-week high against the euro despite some disappointing mortgage data. The UK currency was also on the front foot against the dollar, gaining 0.26% against the greenback to $1.3225. The pound's gains even though data released by the British Bankers …
- FTSE Moves: Blue chip stocks fall as miners slide after Glencore profits tumble International Business Times - 3 hours ago
- 3 smaller shares to buy on today’s results? Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Do today's updates provide us with rich pickings?
- 2 top picks from the FTSE 250 to buy after Wednesday’s news? Fool.co.uk - 4 hours ago
Will these FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX) dividend stocks deliver further gains for investors after today's results?
- Lloyd's CEO Antonio Horta-Osorio's job is safe despite extramarital affair blunder International Business Times - 4 hours ago
On Wednesday (24 August), Horta-Osorio admitted he regrets any "damage done to the group's reputation" caused by allegations over his private life, after he was snapped in Singapore with Dr Wendy Piatt, a former aide to Tony Blair, during a business trip in June. In a message sent to the bank's 75,000 employees, he acknowledged …
- WPP 2016 Interim Results Business Wire - 5 hours ago
NEW YORK & LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Reported billings up 9.3% at £25.319 billion, up 6.3% in constant currency Reported revenue up 11.9% at £6.536 billion, up 5.2% at $9.367 billion, up 4.9% at €8.384 ...
- Is Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc the best FTSE 100 healthcare stock to own after today’s update? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Edward Sheldon looks at Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc's (LON: HIK) interim results statement and examines whether the long-term growth story is still intact.
- Are these FTSE 100 performers still a buy after today’s results? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Roland Head analyses interim earnings from two top FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stocks. Should you be buying?
- WPP sees signs of post-Brexit recovery in British ad market Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
WPP (Frankfurt: A1J2BZ - news) , the world's largest advertising group, reported a better than expected jump in first-half net sales and said its British operations showed signs in July of a "post-Brexit recovery", sending its shares to a record high. Run by high-profile businessman Martin Sorrell, the UK group said investments …
- These 3 top FTSE 100 stocks now yield more than 5% Fool.co.uk - 6 hours ago
No need to fret over today's meagre returns on cash when you can get meaty yields from top FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stocks like these, says Harvey Jones.
- Britain's FTSE underperforms, hindered by Glencore Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
Britain's top share index fell on Wednesday, underperforming European peers as it was knocked by a drop in commodity firm Glencore after it reported a fall in earnings and adjusted its debt target. Glencore fell 4 percent, the top FTSE 100 faller, after it reported a 13 percent decrease in earnings, although it said that …
- Lloyds CEO Antonio Horta-Osorio apologises for 'adverse publicity' over extramarital affair International Business Times - 7 hours ago
Antonio Horta-Osorio, the chief executive of Lloyds Banking Group, has admitted he regrets any "damage done to the group's reputation" caused by allegations over his private life. In a message sent to the bank's 75,000 employees, Horta-Osorio acknowledged his mistakes while insisting that staff and himself had to maintain …
- Asian markets struggle, oil losses widen on glut woe AFP - 7 hours ago
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks ease, dollar holds ground as U.S. rate bets abound Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
Stocks slipped on Wednesday while the dollar continued to claw back last week's losses as investors grappled with the prospect of a U.S. interest rate increase in the months ahead coming amid continued uncertainty about the strength of the global economy. This uneasy balance helped push the U.S. yield curve, the difference …
- BUZZ-Glencore: Near the bottom of the FTSE after H1 EBITDA fall Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
** Mining and trading giant Glencore's shares down 2.4 pct, third-largest FTSE 100 losers, after saying H1 EBITDA fell 13 pct ** Co reports H1 EBITDA of $4.02 bln vs $4.61 bln yr earlier ** Co cuts net ...
- BUZZ-WPP: Top of the FTSE, record high after H1 sales beat Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
** Advertising group WPP's shares up 3.4 pct, top of the FTSE 100 and second-largest gainers on the Stoxx 600 ** Shares hit record high of 1,807p ** Co says H1 net sales jump 3.8 pct, analysts expected ...
- Asian markets trade mixed as US reports strong housing data International Business Times - 9 hours ago
- Are these 2 blue chip turnarounds set to soar? Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
After years of spilling red ink could these two mega-caps finally be on the cusp of stellar returns?
- SWEF: Half Yearly Report EQS Group - 10 hours ago
- Europe closes mixed as oil, gold slide; Yellen speech eyed CNBC - 12 hours ago
European stocks finished mixed on Wednesday, as investors focused on volatility in commodity markets and looked ahead to a speech by the Federal Reserve chair later on this week.
- Asian markets struggle, oil resumes losses on glut woe AFP - 12 hours ago
- Markets rise as investors await Yellen speech AFP - 17 hours ago
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Housing sector lifts U.S., European stocks; oil pares gains Reuters - UK Focus - 18 hours ago
Homebuilders provided a modest lift to both U.S. and European stock markets on Tuesday, while oil prices got a brief boost from Iran's positive signals on an output freeze. On Wall Street, technology companies led the Nasdaq (Frankfurt: 813516 - news) to a record intraday high and robust housing market data strengthened …
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Housing sector lifts U.S., European stocks; oil rises Reuters - UK Focus - 20 hours ago
Homebuilders helped lift both U.S. and European stock markets on Tuesday, while oil prices got a boost from Iran's positive signals about an output freeze. On Wall Street, technology companies led the Nasdaq (Frankfurt: 813516 - news) to a record intraday high and robust housing market data strengthened the case for a …
- European markets rise on better data AFP - 23 hours ago
- European markets rise on better data European stocks rebound AFP - 23 hours ago
- European shares gain, led by housebuilders, mining companies Reuters - UK Focus - 23 hours ago
European shares advanced on Tuesday, with housebuilders leading the market higher and mining companies rebounding from their declines the day before. Britain's second-largest housebuilder, Persimmon, rose ...
- Britain's FTSE buoyed by resilient Persimmon Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 17:03 BST
Britain's leading share index rose on Tuesday, helped by a rise in housebuilders after strong results from Persimmon suggested that the sector was coping with the uncertainty from Britain's vote to leave ...
- Brexit two months on: Markets recover but political uncertainty lingers CNBC - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 16:21 BST
Markets may have calmed following the Brexit vote, but analysts are still contemplating the uncertainty surrounding the decision with the political sphere yet to find its complete footing.
- Which of these Neil Woodford dividend stocks should you buy today? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 15:42 BST
Roland Head takes a look at two of star fund manager Neil Woodford's top income holdings.
- European markets bounce back European stocks rebound AFP - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 15:37 BST
- Here’s why I’m not giving up on Lloyds Banking Group plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Aug 23, 2016 15:12 BST
Could this be the worst time to sell Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON: LLOY)?