- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 3 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Global Real Estate UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 25-Oct-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ USD21.5843 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 640,000 CODE ¦ View source version ...
- Commodities Round-up: Oil futures reverse intraday declines on Opec chatter International Business Times - 3 hours ago
Oil futures edged above $50 per barrel on Thursday (27 October) after a report suggested Opec members could cut their individual production by as much as 4%, trouncing doubts over the cartel's ability to enforce a production cut it proposed in September. At 5:01pm BST, the West Texas Intermediate front month futures contract …
- Barclays bank takes new £600m hit over PPI mis-selling AFP - 3 hours ago
- European equities tentative as pound makes brief rally AFP - 3 hours ago
- Britain's FTSE boosted by Barclays, though mid-caps fall Reuters - UK Focus - 4 hours ago
Britain's top share index rose on Thursday in a choppy session, buoyed by well-received results from Barclays, though mid-cap stocks fell as earnings updates led to double-digit slides for AMEC Foster ...
- Is the FTSE 100 now the worst place to look for stocks? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Should you cross FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) companies off your shopping list?
- Bart Chilton: If Trump is elected president, it would be 'exceedingly harmful’ to markets CNBC - 5 hours ago
If Donald Trump is elected president, it will be exceedingly harmful to markets, bad for our economy, and could help drive the nation back into a recession, says former CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton.
- It’s happy hour at the Restaurant Group plc and Whitbread plc Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Shares in the Restaurant Group plc (LON: RTN) and Whitbread plc (LON: WTB) have plummeted 46% and 28% respectively in the last year. Should you be buying?
- Eurozone equities sag as British pound wins GDP boost AFP - 5 hours ago
- Why has Amec Foster Wheeler plc dropped 20% today? Fool.co.uk - 7 hours ago
Amec Foster Wheeler plc (LON:AMFW) is the biggest faller in the FTSE 250.
- FX Focus: Pound flat despite better-than-expected GDP data International Business Times - 7 hours ago
The GDP figures initially boosted sterling, which hit a one-week high of $1.2263 shortly after the release, but the gains were short lived and the UK currency soon retreated against its major rivals. According to the Office for National Statistics, the UK economy grew by 0.5% over the third quarter of 2016, in the three …
- FTSE Moves: Top flight shares flat after GDP growth leaves traders cold International Business Times - 7 hours ago
- British pound wins GDP boost but European equities sag AFP - 8 hours ago
- Are these telecoms stocks heading for a fall? Fool.co.uk - 8 hours ago
Why have shares in these large telecoms groups fallen this year, despite improving results?
- Are these two media stocks the buys of the day? Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Are these two stocks 'must-haves' for your portfolio after news today?
- Brexit has made the UK the most 'out of favour region' in the world for investors Business Insider UK Finance - 9 hours ago
Institutional equity investors are pulling cash out of the UK rapidly, and now see it as the "most out of favour" region anywhere on earth to put money, according to new research from HSBC. Writing in the bank's Global Equity Strategy note, HSBC strategists Robert Parkes and Amit Shrivastava note that globally managed …
- Why have Berendsen plc shares dived 17% today? Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Textile services giant Berendsen plc (LON: BRSN) saw its shares plummet this morning. One Fool analyses its operational issues and asks "is the company a buy?"
- Moneysupermarket picks John Lewis exec as its new boss Telegraph - 10 hours ago
Moneysupermarket picks John Lewis exec as its new boss
- Questor: Worried that the stock market is overvalued? This is the company for you Telegraph - 10 hours ago
Questor: Worried that the stock market is overvalued? This is the company for you
- Britain's FTSE retreats, though robust results boost Barclays Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
British shares fell on Thursday in a choppy session as earnings updates weighed on midcaps, though Barclays rose on a robust set of third-quarter results. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index was down 0.2 percent ...
- Barclays produces bumper profits on bond trading boom Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
LONDON, Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 27 (Reuters) - Barclays (LSE: BARC.L - news) on Thursday reported a forecast-beating bounce in third-quarter profits to 1.7 billion pounds ($2.08 billion), benefiting like its U.S. rivals from a bumper quarter for its investment banking business. The stronger performance from Barclays' …
- Government reduces stake in Lloyds to below 9% International Business Times - 11 hours ago
The government has reduced its stake in Lloyds Banking Group to below 9%, in the first share sale after it shelved a trading plan amid market volatility. On Thursday (27 October), the government said it lowered its shareholding in the bank to 6.42billion shares from 7.06billion, bringing its stake to 8.99%, although it …
- 2 companies to help protect your portfolio from inflation Fool.co.uk - 11 hours ago
With inflation rearing its ugly head, here are two companies to help you protect your wealth from its damaging effects.
- Amec Foster unnerves investors as it postpones capital markets day Reuters - UK Focus - 11 hours ago
Oct (HKSE: 3366-OL.HK - news) 27 (Reuters) - Oilfield services firm Amec Foster Wheeler postponed its capital markets day until next year and forecast a further decline in oil and gas revenue in 2017, sending its shares tumbling 20 percent on Thursday. Oilfield services companies have been pummelled as weak crude prices …
- Asian markets mostly down, oil prices hit energy firms AFP - 11 hours ago
- Most Asian markets slide following weak China economic data International Business Times - 13 hours ago
- BT meets expectations thanks to strong broadband demand International Business Times - 13 hours ago
Shares in BT Group edged almost 1% higher early on Thursday (27 October), after the telecom giant posted a sharp increase in third quarter profit, thanks to strong demand for faster fibre broadband connections. BT said it added 63,000 TV customers and 280,000 contract customers at EE during the quarter and it also took …
- Frightened of a shares crash? This could be worse... Telegraph - 13 hours ago
Frightened of a shares crash? This could be worse...
- Let the income flow with these FTSE 100 utility giants Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
Bilaal Mohamed considers the merits of investing in these utility giants from the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX).
- Spend, spend, spend! Tourists throng London's West End buying luxury brands as pound falls International Business Times - 14 hours ago
The falling pound has brought tourists flocking to London looking for cheap deals on Rolex watches and Burberry coats. Since the UK's vote to leave the European Union on 23 June sterling has fallen by around 15% against the dollar and around 20% against the euro. This has been a boon for the UK's luxury industry, which …
- KION Group on course for strong full-year results after a solid third quarter (news with additional features) EQS Group - 15 hours ago
The KION Group is heading for a strong 2016 following a solid third quarter. Driven mainly by growth in Europe, the total value of order intake in the period July to September increased by 5.8 per cent year on year to EUR1.327 billion. The KION Group, one of the two leading suppliers of forklift trucks, warehouse technology …
- Asian markets ease as oil prices struggle AFP - 17 hours ago
- Apple, oil weigh on global equities AFP - 23 hours ago
- Drugmaker GSK posts profits jump, boosted by vaccines AFP - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 19:22 BST
- Apple, commodity strains weigh on equities AFP - Wed, Oct 26, 2016 18:13 BST