- EasyJet eyes 'massive opportunities' in Europe: CEO McCall AFP - 3 hours ago
- Rolls-Royce to rejig bonus scheme to make targets easier Telegraph - 13 hours ago
Troubled engineer slashes dividend after poor results but targets for executive share scheme set to be eased
- William Hill teams up with NYX for OpenBet bid Telegraph - 14 hours ago
Britain's biggest bookmaker is giving financial backing to American firm NYX's tilt at OpenBet
- One company’s fate that’s key to the oil industry’s fortunes Telegraph - 14 hours ago
Seadrill is facing a mammoth task to bring its debt pile under control
- How the market panic unfolded across the globe Telegraph - 18 hours ago
Market turmoil: Five days that shook investors and sent stock and bond markets into a tailspin
- Week of panic that shook world markets Telegraph - 18 hours ago
Market turmoil: A ghoulish week for markets has left financial experts puzzled about the cause, writes Marion Dakers
- How market turmoil has changed all these areas of personal finance Telegraph - Sat, Feb 13, 2016 07:39 GMT
General disquiet has turned into fear that we are in the early stages of another major crisis. Here, we outline the scenarios
- US, European stocks rebound to end brutal week AFP - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 22:39 GMT
- Investors, the best thing you can do is ignore Osborne, Carney, Yellen and Lagarde Telegraph - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 19:22 GMT
The job of central bankers and senior economic policymakers should be to encourage us to focus on the underlying economic position - unfortunately, they have come across as doing the opposite
- FTSE Fights Back To Climb Out Of Bear Market Sky News - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 18:58 GMT
The FTSE 100 has fought back strongly after sinking to its lowest levels since July 2012 - helped by an improving oil price, the US economy, and reassurance over the banking sector. London's leading share index finished 3.1%, or 170.6 points higher, more than wiping out the steep losses seen in the previous session. It …
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 18:21 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE 100 Short Daily UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 11-Feb-16 NAV PER SHARE ¦ GBP6.1524 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 4,431,870 CODE ¦ View source version on businesswire.com: ...
- 30 years of bear markets - history tells us what's next Telegraph - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 17:59 GMT
Is the bear market here to stay? We look back at previous sell-offs to try and find the answer
- European stocks bounce higher at end of brutal week AFP - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 17:31 GMT
- London close: FTSE finishes on front foot Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 17:22 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE rang off a choppy week on a positive note, bouncing back 3.1% on the day as bargain hunters snapped up mining stocks and lifted the index away from the previous day's three-year ...
- FTSE records best day in five months as commodities shares surge Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 17:03 GMT
Britain's top share index ended higher on Friday, recording its best one-day percentage gain in more than five months, as banking and commodities-related stocks rebounded from a slump in the previous session. ...
- Foolish Investors Never Waste A Crisis… So Don’t Waste This One! Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 16:40 GMT
Today's stock market crisis is the opportunity Foolish investors have been waiting for, says Harvey Jones.
- Has Gold’s Moment Finally Come? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 16:30 GMT
Gold may be shining again but Harvey Jones isn't dazzled.
- The beginner’s guide to a financial crisis Telegraph - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 16:16 GMT
The news is full of stories about plunging stock markets and financial panic. What's really going on?
- Greene King's newest director buys in to company Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 15:57 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Greene King's newest director has put his money behind the company he'll chair later this year.
- Why The Risks Outweigh The Possible Rewards At Tesco PLC & Tullow Oil plc Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 15:55 GMT
Royston Wild looks at the challenges facing Tesco PLC (LON: TSCO) and Tullow Oil plc (LON: TLW).
- FTSE 250 miners: Metals and oil stocks rebound Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 15:43 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 250 was in the black on Friday, with the index up 231.28 points (1.52%) to 15,410.08 by mid-afternoon.
- FTSE 100 movers: Rolls-Royce leads index higher Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 15:38 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The FTSE 100 was set to end the week having reduced some of its losses, with the index up 108.93 points (1.97%) to 5,645.90.
- Stocks rebound at end of brutal week AFP - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 14:56 GMT
- FTSE Higher As Nikkei Suffers 5% Plunge Sky News - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 14:42 GMT
European stock markets have rallied a day after a rout which saw the FTSE 100 (NasdaqGS: Z - news) hit lows not seen since July 2012. London's leading share index was up 2%, or more than 100 points, by lunchtime on Friday, while Germany's Dax and France's Cac 40 also saw gains of about 2%. The UK market was led higher …
- Should You Buy Or Sell ARM Holdings plc, Direct Line Insurance Group PLC And Old Mutual plc After Recent Losses? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 14:28 GMT
Do big prices falls make ARM Holdings plc (LON:ARM), Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (LON:DLG) and Old Mutual plc (LON:OML) a buy or a sell?
- Why I Wouldn’t Buy Rio Tinto PLC At These Prices Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 13:22 GMT
Royston Wild explains why Rio Tinto plc (LON: RIO) has much, much further to fall.
- Friday newspaper share tips: Confidence over Informa's future earning Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 13:16 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The Times' Tempus is confident about Informa's future and the ability to raise earnings again, though acknowledged some investors might be tempted to take profits.
- FTSE Higher Despite Nikkei's 5% Plunge Sky News - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 12:45 GMT
European stock markets have posted modest gains this morning following yesterday's rout which saw the FTSE 100 (NasdaqGS: Z - news) hit a four-year low. The UK market was led higher by Rolls Royce this morning which despite announcing a cut to its dividend saw its share price jump 16%. The index of the UK's 100 largest …
- Rolls-Royce Holding PLC Halves Its Dividend, But The Shares Soar By 18% Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 12:35 GMT
Is it time to get back into Rolls-Royce Holding PLC (LON: RR)?
- Rolls-Royce cuts dividend for first time in 25 years AFP - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 12:31 GMT
- Is It Too Soon To Buy Lonmin Plc, Cairn Energy PLC And Cape PLC? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 12:27 GMT
Should you avoid these 3 resources stocks right now? Lonmin Plc (LON: LMI), Cairn Energy PLC (LON: CNE) and Cape PLC (LON: CIU).
- Are City Analysts Wrong About Shire PLC, easyJet plc And International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 12:08 GMT
Shares in Shire PLC (LON:SHP), easyJet plc (LON:EZJ) and International Consolidated Airlns Grp SA (LON:IAG) have fallen heavily in 2016. Is this a buying opportunity?
- Is Royal Dutch Shell Plc The Top FTSE 100 Income Buy? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 11:47 GMT
Now could be the perfect time to back Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON: RDSB) for long-term income.
- Volatility in the oil markets is now higher than during the financial crisis Business Insider UK Finance - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 10:49 GMT
Volatility in the price of oil is at its highest level since 2009, amid speculation in the markets about whether or not producers are ready to take action to try and boost prices, as first reported by Bloomberg. Oil slumped to a 12-year low during trading on Thursday, but is up as much as 5% on Friday morning as the world's …
- Eurozone GDP up as expected in fourth quarter Sharecast - Fri, Feb 12, 2016 10:38 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Eurozone GDP grew 0.3% in the fourth quarter, in line with the previous quarter and economists' forecasts, according to a flash estimate from Eurostat.