- RBS makes first quarterly profit since 2015 as recovery continues Sky News - 21 minutes ago
Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) (RBS) has reported progress in its recovery, announcing its first quarterly profit since 2015. The bank said its attributable profit - a pre-tax profit measure - for the first three months of the year came in at £259m. RBS saw adjusted operating profits jump 30% to £1.3bn as …
- Sir Martin Sorrell sees pay slashed by £22m, taking total earnings to £48m in 2016 The Independent - 45 minutes ago
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of advertising giant WPP, took a £22m pay cut as the company seeks to appease shareholders who have said his remuneration is excessive. The UK’s highest paid chief executive received £48m last year, down from £70.4m he pocketed in 2015. In total, WPP has paid Mr Sorrell £210m since …
- Could slowing house prices hit these booming 2 FTSE 250 housebuilders? Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 1 minute ago
FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX) housebuilders still have plenty to offer investors, says Harvey Jones.
- 2 rising small caps set to beat the FTSE 100 Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
These two smaller companies have improving outlooks which may allow them to beat the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX).
- Barclays weighs on FTSE 100 as Britain's economic growth slows to 0.3pc The Telegraph - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
"Like the UK figure the US Q1 GDP reading missed estimates this afternoon – though investors weren’t particularly bothered by the news," said Spreadex financial analyst Connor Campbell. "In the parlance of Trump himself the US first quarter GDP data was a HUUUUUGE disappointment, coming in at 0.7% (at the annualised rate) …
- Does this FTSE 250 energy play offer more upside than BP plc? Fool.co.uk - 2 hours 38 minutes ago
BP plc (LON:BP) and this lesser-known peer look like true power plays right now, says Harvey Jones.
- FX Focus: Pound surges to seven-month high against the dollar despite poor GDP data International Business Times - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
The pound hit a seven-month high against the dollar on Friday (28 April), as investors shrugged off a report showing the UK economy grew at the slowest pace in a year in the first three months of 2017. "UK GDP data came in under forecasts but failed to keep the pound down for long," said Caxton FX's analyst Alexandra …
- 2 top growth shares trading at bargain valuations Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Royston Wild runs the rule over two ultra-cheap growth stocks.
- Your last chance to buy Barclays plc for under £3? Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
Barclays plc (LON:BARC) shares might not be this cheap for much longer.
- 2 FTSE 100-beaters that could fund your retirement Fool.co.uk - 3 hours ago
These two stocks could continue their outperformance of the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX).
- British economy slows as Brexit talks, election loom AFP - 4 hours ago
- Edison Investment Research Limited: Edison issues update on Target Healthcare REIT (THRL) EQS Group - 4 hours ago
- WPP chief Sir Martin Sorrell takes £22m pay cut as he warns of threats to global economy The Telegraph - 4 hours ago
Sir Martin Sorrell, the boss of advertising giant WPP, took a £22m pay cut last year despite the business he founded delivering a giant increases in fees, revenues and profits. Details of his remuneration were revealed in the £55bn-a-year company’s annual report, in which Sir Martin warned about the dangers of short-termism …
- Market report: Drax turns the power back on as broker stokes the fire Evening Standard - 4 hours ago
When Drax told the market in February it would be reviewing its dividend policy, it triggered a stampede for the exit. Shares in the company behind the Drax power station in Yorkshire have sunk 20% since the revelation, which came in its annual results. The analyst said Drax, which is shifting its focus from coal to biomass, …
- Will Lloyds chief enjoy plain sailing or will he jump ship? | Nils Pratley The Guardian - 4 hours ago
Lloyds is currently playing in a league of its own with a 25% share of the UK retail market. Its net interest margin – the best measure of a bank’s profitability – is the highest in the UK sector, and still rising. A good moment, then, for chief executive António Horta-Osório to bow out after six years at the helm?
- Neil Woodford just snapped up a bargain stock you’ve probably never heard of Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Neil Woodford's new stock buy could be a great addition to your portfolio, says G A Chester.
- 2 turnaround stocks to consider buying before it’s too late Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Roland Head asks if the latest figures from these mid-cap recovery plays justify buy ratings.
- Should I buy holiday money now or after the general election? The Telegraph - 5 hours ago
- Sirius Minerals plc joins the main market. What should investors expect next? Fool.co.uk - 5 hours ago
Paul Summers looks at what investors can expect as Sirius Minerals plc (LON:SXX) enters the big league.
- FTSE set for biggest one-month fall since November 2016 Reuters - 6 hours ago
The blue chip FTSE 100 <.FTSE> index was down 0.2 percent at 7,220.13 points by 0920 GMT, in line with a broader fall across European equity markets. Shares in Barclays dropped more than 4 percent, putting the bank on track for its biggest one-day loss since the aftermath of Britain's referendum vote to leave the European …
- British economic growth slows before election AFP - 6 hours ago
- Britain's FTSE set for biggest one-month fall since Nov. 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - 6 hours ago
Britain's top share index dipped on Friday as disappointing results weighed on banking heavyweight Barclays, with UK blue chips on track for their biggest one-month loss since November 2016. The blue chip ...
- Old Mutual sells India insurance JV stake for 156 million pounds Reuters - 6 hours ago
Anglo-South African financial services group Old Mutual is selling its 26 percent stake in an Indian insurance joint venture for 156 million pounds, as part of the group's planned break-up into four parts. Old Mutual sold the stake in Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance to its joint venture partner Kotak Mahindra …
- European shares dip after strong week as earnings take centre stage Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
European shares eased on Friday as investors took profits at the end of a strong week with earnings in focus as political worries subsided, while UBS soared after a profit beat. The STOXX 600 index was ...
- Barclays chief admits he 'made a mistake' over whistleblowing case The Guardian - 7 hours ago
Barclays chief Jes Staley has been under pressure over his atttempts to unmask a whistleblower at the bank. Jes Staley, the chief executive of Barclays, has admitted he made a mistake in his repeated attempts to unmask a whistleblower but said he did not offer his resignation over the scandal. Staley refused to provide …
- BUZZ-Berendsen: falls on Morgan Stanley downgrade Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
** Shares in British workwear and hygiene company Berendsen down 3.6 pct, among the top losers on FTSE 350 Index ** Biggest intraday pct loss since March 21 ** Morgan Stanley cuts to "underweight" ...
- BUZZ-Stagecoach: HSBC cuts to "reduce" Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
** Transport company Stagecoach's shares down 4.3 pct, set for worst day in a month; top drags on FTSE Mid 250 index ** HSBC cuts to "reduce" from "hold", on financial constraints and ...
- Barclays profits more than double as bank beats estimates International Business Times - 8 hours ago
Barclays said its first quarter profits more than doubled, on the back of a strong performance from its core business, which left the bank optimistic for the future. The FTSE 100-listed bank added the positive opening quarter of the year was buoyed by a strong performance in both its investment banking division and its …
- Asia markets retreat after strong week, eye on US data AFP - 8 hours ago
- BUZZ-Hastings: hits record high after results beat Reuters - UK Focus - 8 hours ago
** Hastings +3% after paring some gains, hits record high & 2nd top FTSE midcap gainer after insurer posts strong Q1 results, says to benefit from increased premiums ** Q1 net rev +24% to 164.5 mln stg ...
- 2 FTSE 250 growth stocks with exciting momentum Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
These 2 FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX) flyers look set to maintain their exciting recent pace, says Harvey Jones.
- Old Mutual to sell Indian insurance stake to Kotak for £156m International Business Times - 9 hours ago
Insurance giant Old Mutual has agreed to sell its 26% stake in the life insurance of arm of Indian lender Kotak Mahindra Bank in return for cash. The Anglo-South African firm will get £156m ($201m) in cash for the sale of the stake in Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance, with the move terminating its joint venture …
- 2 top FTSE 100 stocks for explosive earnings growth Fool.co.uk - 9 hours ago
Royston Wild discusses two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stars with explosive profits potential.
- Petroleum shares tumble on lower oil prices AFP - 18 hours ago
- Investors fire warning shots at UK plc in day of pay revolts The Telegraph - 21 hours ago