- 3 of the FTSE 250’s hottest bargains Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
Royston Wild discusses three FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE: MCX) trading much too cheaply.
- 2 ‘forgotten’ dividend stocks with FTSE 100-beating potential Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
These two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) dividend shares could be star performers in 2017.
- 2 Brexit-proof stocks I’d buy now before it’s too late Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
With Brexit on the horizon and results around the corner, now might be a good time to snap up these fun-filled companies.
- 2 FTSE 100 giants to consider buying before it’s too late Fool.co.uk - 11 hours ago
Bilaal Mohamed takes a closer look at two attractively-priced multinationals from the FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX).
- Will Pirc squeeze Apple until the pips squeak? The Guardian - 12 hours ago
- Alliance Trust faces revolt over share buy-back 'favouritism’ The Telegraph - 22 hours ago
An attempt by the investment fund Alliance Trust to put an end to years of turbulence will face protests from shareholders this week over alleged favouritism and conflicts of interest. The Dundee-based company has asked investors to approve a £620m buyback deal with the aggressive US activist investor Elliott Management, …
- Glencore risks investor ire as partner resumes hunt for oil in disputed Western Sahara waters The Telegraph - 22 hours ago
Glencore risks drawing further ire over oil exploration in Western Sahara after one of its partners resumed prospecting off the coast of the disputed territory earlier this month. A ship chartered by private firm New Age Energy spent several weeks conducting 3D seismic scans of the sea floor in what it called “early stage” …
- Questor: Intertek tested by gas and oil exposure but worth holding for potential 'Trump bump' Telegraph - Sat, Feb 25, 2017 18:14 GMT
Questor: Intertek tested by gas and oil exposure but worth holding for potential 'Trump bump'
- The Bank of England fears it may not spot the next crisis. Here’s where to look The Guardian - Sat, Feb 25, 2017 16:00 GMT
When Gertjan Vlieghe cast his eyes down at the desk in front of him and said “we are probably not going to forecast the next financial crisis”, it was a moment of sorrow and self-reproach rarely seen from a Bank of England policymaker. Vlieghe is a member of the Bank’s monetary policy committee, alongside governor Mark …
- The 3 C’s threatening BT Group plc’s dividend Fool.co.uk - Sat, Feb 25, 2017 10:08 GMT
It's not looking good for BT Group plc's (LON: BT.A) dividend.
- 3 Footsie stocks I wouldn’t touch with a bargepole Fool.co.uk - Sat, Feb 25, 2017 07:47 GMT
Royston Wild looks at two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stocks facing an uphill struggle.
- How Lloyds Banking Group plc could boost your investing profits Fool.co.uk - Sat, Feb 25, 2017 07:41 GMT
Roland Head explains why Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON:LLOY) provides a valuable lesson that could increase your investment returns.
- Commodities Round-up: Oil rally loses fizz as traders make covering bets International Business Times - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 18:30 GMT
The oil futures rally of past couple of sessions lost traction on Friday (24 February), as traders booked profits on the recent price upticks as the weekend approached, with global benchmarks demonstrating little appetite for a spike above $60 per barrel. At 4:54pm GMT, the Brent front month futures contract was down 0.83% …
- This tasty growth stock could soar 30% by 2018 Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 17:59 GMT
Bilaal Mohamed identifies a tasty growth stock that could deliver 30% gains over the coming year.
- FTSE 100 skids to two-week low on poor earnings but gold nears four-month high as European political worries persist The Telegraph - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 17:54 GMT
Gold rose by as much as 0.4pc to $1,254.10 per ounce, its highest level since November 11. Political uncertainties have also triggered continuous inflows into gold exchange traded funds (ETFs). Royal Bank of Scotland has slumped to a £7bn loss and warned of further job cuts and branch closures before it is able to post …
- FTSE posts first weekly loss in a month on weak banks and miners Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 17:20 GMT
Britain's top share index hit a two-week low on Friday and ended a run of three straight weeks of gains, with lenders Standard Chartered (BSE: 580001.BO - news) and RBS among the biggest fallers. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index closed 0.4 percent down, having touched its lowest since Feb. 10 earlier in the session, to finish …
- Head-scratching investors call time on Trump stock rally AFP - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 17:16 GMT
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 17:02 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- db x-trackers Investment company with variable capital (Société d'investissement à capital variable) Registered office: 49, avenue J.F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg R.C.S. Luxembourg ...
- Stocks across Europe dived into the weekend Business Insider - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 16:52 GMT
Stocks all over Europe dived Friday, as markets took a cautious approach and investors took profit after US stocks hit record highs Thursday evening. A stunning 10-day run of record closes in the Dow Jones was probably a cue in itself for global markets to give a little back. The last time the Dow had such a winning streak …
- 2 dependable shares to retire on Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 16:35 GMT
Bilaal Mohamed reveals two perfect picks for long-term income investors.
- Europe ends on a negative note as earnings disappoint; RBS falls 4.5% CNBC - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 16:30 GMT
European bourses ended Friday's session on a negative note, as weakness in the U.S., a fall in commodities and underwhelming earnings weighed on sentiment.
- FX Focus: Pound on track for weekly gains despite lack of obvious drivers International Business Times - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 15:49 GMT
"The pound-euro rates have shown consistency this week, with the pound remaining strong throughout," said Paresh Davdra from RationalFX. The euro's performance has been tarnished by growing support in polls for French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen which has wielded intense downward pressure on the currency. "In …
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 15:27 GMT
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Concept Fund Solutions plc Investment Company with Variable Capital Registered Office: 78 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland Registration number: 393802 (the “ Company ...
- More UK millennials are investing in ISAs Yahoo Finance UK - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 14:05 GMT
Millennial investors are gaining confidence in their ability to invest, and making the most the tax free benefits of an Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs), according to research. Findings show millennials are becoming more savvier and showing more of a willingness to invest. The Share Centre reports there is a 39% increase …
- FTSE Moves: Mounting losses at Royal Bank of Scotland leads top flight shares lower International Business Times - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 13:56 GMT
- Unilever weighs executive pay revamp after £115bn Kraft Heinz offer Sky News - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 13:56 GMT
Unilever (NYSE: UL - news) is weighing a radical overhaul of the way it pays its top executives in the wake of a takeover approach by Kraft Heinz (Swiss: KHC.SW - news) that has triggered a review of the Marmite and Pot Noodle owner's business. Sky News has learnt that Unilever, the FTSE-100 consumer goods behemoth, …
- Is NCC Group plc now cheap enough to invest in? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 13:52 GMT
Royston Wild considers whether investors should pile back into NCC Group plc (LON: NCC) following this week’s collapse.
- Standard Life chief takes 20pc pay cut despite profits on the rise The Telegraph - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 13:04 GMT
Standard Life's chief executive has taken a 20pc pay cut - despite the insurer and asset manager putting in a better than expected performance in its annual results. Keith Skeoch was paid £2.75m in 2016, down from £3.46m the year before, according to the FTSE 100 group's annual report. The report, released at the same …
- 2 battered FTSE 250 dividend stocks I’d buy in March Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 12:39 GMT
These well-known FTSE 250 (INDEXFTSE:MCX) are out of favour. But now may be the time to buy, says Roland Head.
- 2 bargain FTSE 100 stocks I’d buy in March Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 12:32 GMT
These two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE:UKX) shares could deliver stunning returns.
- RBS CEO MEMO TO STAFF: 'We're approaching a level of normality the bank has not had since before the crisis' Business Insider - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 12:04 GMT
The memo from Ross McEwan was sent to staff after full-year results, also on Friday, showed RBS made a £6.9 billion loss in 2016, its 9th straight year of losses. RBS required a £45 billion state bailout in 2008 as the financial crisis dawned. Rival lender Lloyds also required a bailout and the government has recovered …
- Should you buy or sell the Footsie’s top-performing bank after FY results? Fool.co.uk - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 11:48 GMT
This blue-chip bank is the cheapest of the lot on one measure, says G A Chester.
- Royal Bank of Scotland annual net loss widens to £7bn AFP - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 11:35 GMT
- Market report: Investors decide Rightmove chief’s departure is wrong move Evening Standard - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 11:08 GMT
On that basis, there can be no doubt the City was a fan of Nick McKittrick, the chief executive of Rightmove, who is quitting after 16 years at the online property group, having taken the business into contention for a spot on the FTSE 100. McKittrick, one of the executives who founded Rightmove in 2000, will step down …
- FTSE hits 2-week low on poor earnings, heads for weekly loss Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Feb 24, 2017 11:04 GMT
Britain's top share index hit a two-week low on Friday and was on track for a weekly loss after three straight weeks of gains, with falls in lenders like Standard Chartered (BSE: 580001.BO - news) and RBS after their results pressuring the wider market. The blue-chip FTSE 100 index was down 0.6 percent by 1040 GMT after …