- US stocks rise, dollar falls as Trump era begins AFP - 20 minutes ago
- European shares ease ahead of Trump inauguration Reuters - UK Focus - 3 hours ago
European shares fell, posting their biggest weekly loss since before Donald Trump won the U.S presidential election in November, as investors grew cautious before his inauguration. The STOXX 600 closed ...
- Commodities Round-up: Oil futures spike on US crude inventory slump International Business Times - 6 hours ago
Oil futures rallied on Friday (20 January 2017) as data pointed to a decline in US inventories, while gold bounced back above the psychological $1,200 (£972, €1,124) an ounce level as Donald Trump headed for the White House. At 3:48pm GMT, the Brent front month futures contract was up by 2.84%, or $1.53 at $55.69 a barrel, …
- Stocks rise as Donald Trump takes over AFP - 7 hours ago
- How to become a better investor Fool.co.uk - 7 hours ago
Here's how you can beat the market more easily.
- What happened in the stock market this week Fool.co.uk - 8 hours ago
Here's what you may have missed over the last five days.
- How investors can benefit from the rise in first-time home buyers International Business Times - 8 hours ago
Despite what seem to be ever-rising house prices in the UK, 2016 actually saw the highest figures of first-time home buyers since 2007 (Chart 1). The average house price paid by first-time buyers rose for the first time beyond £200,000 ($245,760, €230,780), to £205,170. The bad news is that if you live in London and aim …
- FTSE Moves: London market struggles for direction ahead of Trump inauguration International Business Times - 8 hours ago
Blue chip shares struggled for direction ahead of the inauguration of Donald Trump as US president later in the day (20 January 2017). Western markets have been boosted since his shock November victory that has seen him pledge to spend $1trn (£818bn) on infrastructure spending and threaten trade wars.
- Is Neil Woodford a fool to continue pumping money into Capita plc and AstraZeneca plc? Fool.co.uk - 8 hours ago
Are Capita plc (LON:CPI) and AstraZeneca plc (LON:AZN) poor investments today?
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 8 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE All-World ex UK UCITS ETF DEALING DATE ¦ 19-Jan-17 NAV PER SHARE ¦ GBP47.5741 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 723392 CODE ¦ View source version on businesswire.com: ...
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 8 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- FUND ¦ db x-trackers FTSE 100 Equal Weight UCITS ETF (DR ) DEALING DATE ¦ 19-Jan-17 NAV PER SHARE ¦ GBP11.6903 NUMBER OF SHARES IN ISSUE ¦ 1421200 CODE ¦ View source version ...
- European stocks rise before Trump takeover AFP - 9 hours ago
- FX Focus: Dollar outperforms rivals ahead of Donald Trump's inauguration International Business Times - 10 hours ago
The dollar was on the front foot against the world's major currencies on Friday (20 January), as investors adopted a largely noncommittal stance ahead of Donald Trump's inauguration. "Throughout his campaign and since winning the presidency back in November, we've repeatedly seen two sides to Trump," he said.
- Should you buy these 4%+ yielders following today’s results? Fool.co.uk - 10 hours ago
Royston Wild considers the investment prospects of two London dividend leviathans.
- Women hold just 12% of jobs paying £150,000-plus PA Money News - 11 hours ago
- European stocks rise before Trump's economic update AFP - 11 hours ago
- Is 15% riser Synthomer plc a buy after beating expectations? Fool.co.uk - 13 hours ago
Should you pile into Synthomer plc (LON: SYNT) after today's positive update?
- European shares ease before Trump inauguration Reuters - UK Focus - 13 hours ago
European shares fell, heading for their biggest weekly loss since before Donald Trump won the U.S presidential election in November, as investors grew cautious before his inauguration. The STOXX 600 slipped ...
- Will these high-flying growth stocks fall back to earth in 2017? Fool.co.uk - 14 hours ago
Are these superstar growth stocks running out of steam?
- Tencent, Hillhouse Capital take stakes in Aviva Hong Kong Reuters - UK Focus - 14 hours ago
China's Tencent Holdings and hedge fund Hillhouse Capital, headed by billionaire Zhang Lei, are taking stakes in British insurer Aviva (Other OTC: AIVAF - news) 's Hong Kong business, the insurer said on Friday. Aviva has been refocusing on online insurance products, and on cross-selling between its life and general …
- Gender pay gap warning as only 12% of women earn more than £150,000 PA Money News - 15 hours ago
- Net Asset Value(s) Business Wire - 15 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- db x-trackers Investment company with variable capital (Société d'investissement à capital variable) Registered office: 49, avenue J.F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg R.C.S. Luxembourg ...
- China data boosts Shanghai but Asia traders on edge AFP - 15 hours ago
- Britain's biggest fund manager: 'How we lost £717m in the year markets went up 22pc' Telegraph - 15 hours ago
Britain's biggest fund manager: 'How we lost £717m in the year markets went up 22pc'
- Why surging inflation could hurt the FTSE 100 in 2017 Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
Rapidly rising prices could peg back the FTSE 100's (INDEXFTSE:UKX) performance.
- What does Theresa May’s ‘hard Brexit’ mean for your portfolio? Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
Theresa May is looking for a hard Brexit, but is this good or bad news for your portfolio?
- 2 FTSE 100 stocks I’m tipping to take off in February Fool.co.uk - 16 hours ago
Royston Wild discusses the investment potential of two FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) stars.
- Shanghai up after China data, Asia traders on edge AFP - 16 hours ago
- After gains of more than 40%, is it too late to buy these 2 Footsie oil giants? Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Have these FTSE 100 (INDEXFTSE: UKX) giants run out of steam?
- Will Trump be a better president than Obama for UK investors? Fool.co.uk - 17 hours ago
Should UK investors look forward to life with a new US president?
- Barring China, most Asian markets slip ahead of US President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration International Business Times - 17 hours ago
- Asian markets dip ahead of Trump, China growth slows AFP - 21 hours ago
- US stocks, dollar fall ahead of Trump inauguration AFP - Thu, Jan 19, 2017 22:44 GMT
- Zodiac Aerospace rockets after Safran bid, European shares retreat Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jan 19, 2017 17:32 GMT
European stocks dipped on Thursday, though Zodiac Aerospace's shares surged after a takeover offer by France's Safran and Moneysupermarket.com also jumped after it reported strong results. Zodiac Aerospace ...
- Draghi sends euro lower AFP - Thu, Jan 19, 2017 16:52 GMT