- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report Reuters - 4 hours ago
U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer (PFE) has approached British rival AstraZeneca (AZN.L) to propose a 60 billion pound ($101 billion) takeover, Britain's Sunday Times reported. The paper cited senior investment bankers and industry sources saying that informal conversations about a deal had taken place between the two but …
- Pfizer mulls $100 bln bid for AstraZeneca - report Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer has approached British rival AstraZeneca to propose a 60 billion pound takeover, the Sunday Times reported on Sunday. The paper said, citing senior investment bankers and ...
- Atos says offer for Steria, in cash, still open after Sopra bid Reuters - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 19:35 BST
A takeover saga shaking up France's IT services sector took a new turn on Friday when Atos (PAR:ATO) said its bid for rival Steria (PAR:RIA), made before the latter agreed to an all-share offer from Sopra (SOPRA.PA), was in cash - and was still on the table. Sopra's 730 million euro ($1.01 billion) offer for Steria, valued …
- Merck extends AZ offer again over Chinese antitrust issues Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 17:11 BST
* Merck (Other OTC: MKGAF - news) says 67.5 pct of shares tendered (Adds more comment from Merck, background on deal) FRANKFURT, April 18 (Reuters) - German liquid crystal maker Merck KGaA extended the offer period for its planned takeover of AZ Electronic Materials for a sixth time on Friday as it continues to seek Chinese …
- Vimpelcom resolves Algeria row with $2.6 billion stake sale Reuters - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 15:57 BST
Russia's Vimpelcom (VIP.O) has resolved a long-running dispute with the Algerian government by selling it a majority stake in the country's biggest telecoms operator for $2.6 billion (1.5 billion pounds), while it will keep control and slash debt. Orascom Telecom Algeria, also known as Djezzy, is a prized asset, which …
- CrudeShares™ Announces Launch of New Platform for Purchase and Sale of Privately Held Shares in the Oil & Gas Industry Business Wire - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 13:00 BST
CrudeShares™ announced today the first of its kind private platform for the Oil & Gas Industry which allows buyers and sellers of privately held shares to interchange.
- Interactive Intelligence to Acquire OrgSpan Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 21:56 BST
Interactive Intelligence Group Inc. , a global provider of software and services designed to improve the customer experience, has entered into a letter of intent to a
- Westbridge Exercises Option to Merge with Black Pearl Holdings, LLC and Proceeds with Share Consolidation Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 21:26 BST
Westbridge Energy Corporation is pleased to announce it has exercised its option to merge with Black Pearl Holdings, LLC as announced on November 27, 2013 and has also received Exchange approval to proceed ...
- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Investigates the Proposed Sale of TriQuint Semiconductor Inc. to RF Micro Devices Inc. Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 21:21 BST
Juan E. Monteverde, a partner at Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities firm headquartered in New York City, investigates a possible challenge of the Board of Directors of TriQuint Semiconductor Inc.
- Microelectronics Technology Corporation Completes Acquisition of Bitcoin Cyber Currency Digital Mining Company Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 21:15 BST
Microelectronics Technology Corporation , is pleased to announce the Company has completed the documentation required for the finalization of the acquisition of Digital Mining Corporation and its digital ...
- Americas Bullion Receives Final $13.95 Million USD Payment from Royalty Sale; Completes Arrangement with Till Capital Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 20:36 BST
Americas Bullion Royalty Corp. announces that it has received the final $13.95 million USD payment from the sale of 18 royalties to Orion Royalty Company LLC as previously announced on November 26th, 2013.
- CHINDEX INTERNATIONAL SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP is Investigating the Chindex International (CHDX) Board of Directors for Potential Breaches of Fiduciary Duties Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 20:27 BST
Juan E. Monteverde, a partner at Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities firm headquartered in New York City, is examining claims against the Board of Directors of Chindex International, Inc.
- NXA Inc. Signs Letter of Intent for Proposed Business Combination With Ontario Graphite Ltd. Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 18:24 BST
NXA INC. is pleased to announce that it has entered into a letter of intent dated April 16, 2014 to complete a business combination with Ontario Graphite Ltd. . OGL is a privately owned Canadian mining ...
- PPG Chairman Notes Successful 2013, Record Financials During Annual Meeting Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 18:00 BST
PPG Industries today held its annual meeting of shareholders in Pittsburgh, where Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Charles E. Bunch spoke about the company’s recent
- Vintage Capital withdraws $2.2B offer for Aaron's Associated Press - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 17:02 BST
Vintage Capital Management said Thursday it is withdrawing its offer to buy retailer Aaron's, citing the company's continued struggles and its decision to buy lease-to-own furniture seller Progressive ...
- Insight Investments Rebrands Its Integrated Systems Division as Red8(R) Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 17:00 BST
Insight Investments LLC, industry leader in finance, technology and asset management, today announced its technology solutions division, Insight Integrated Systems , has been rebranded as Red8. The successful ...
- Macusani Yellowcake and Azincourt Uranium Sign Letter of Intent to Consolidate Properties Creating Pre-eminent Uranium Developer Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 16:05 BST
Macusani Yellowcake Inc. and Azincourt Uranium Inc. are pleased to announce that they have signed a non-binding letter of intent which contemplates the acquisition by Macusani of all of Azincourt's adjacent ...
- Bill Lapp Joins GoodData as Vice President, Sales Engineering and Enablement Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 16:00 BST
GoodData®, the leader in end-to-end cloud analytics, today announced the addition of Bill Lapp as Vice President, Sales Engineering and Enablement. Lapp joins GoodData with more than 12 years of experience ...
- Experience Art and Design (OTCQB:EXAD) Diversifies into the Online Internet Arena Acquiring Net Applications - Video News Alert on Investmentpitch.com Thomson Reuters ONE - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 14:41 BST
Vancouver, BC, April 17, 2014 - Experience Art and Design (OTCQB:EXAD) has diversified into the online Internet arena through an agreement to acquire all the outstanding shares of privately-held Net Applications ...
- Green Automotive Company Closes the Acquisition of Blackhawk Manufacturing Inc. Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 14:02 BST
Green Automotive Company announces that it has closed its acquisition of California and Mexico-based Blackhawk Manufacturing Inc. and its affiliated companies for a value of $6m of Green Automotive’s common stock at $0.05 per share, which equals 120m shares.
- CEN Biotech Appoints John A. Germinario as Chairman of the Board Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 14:00 BST
Creative Edge Nutrition, Inc. , CEN Biotech, announced today the appointment of John A. Germinario as Chairman of the Board of Directors effective immediately.
- UK's RSA sells east European businesses to Polish insurer PZU Reuters - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 13:42 BST
LONDON/WARSAW (Reuters) - Troubled UK insurer RSA (LSE:RSA) has sold the bulk of its eastern European operations to Poland's state-controlled group PZU (WSE:PZU) for some 360 million euros (297 million pounds), the Polish firm's biggest ever deal and RSA's first to be done under its financial restructuring plan. Announcing …
- Revolution Lighting Technologies Closes Acquisition of Value Lighting Inc. Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 13:42 BST
Revolution Lighting Technologies, Inc. , a leader in advanced LED lighting solutions, today announced it has closed its acquisition of Value Lighting Inc.
- Gold Canyon Holds Its Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 13:30 BST
Gold Canyon Resources Inc. is pleased to announce that its Annual General Meeting of shareholders was held in Vancouver, British Columbia on April 15, 2014 at which:
- Northern Tiger and Redtail Metals Merger Receives Conditional Approval; Northern Tiger Changes Name to Golden Predator Mining Corp. Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 13:30 BST
Redtail Metals Corp. and Northern Tiger Resources Inc. are pleased to announce that the TSX Venture Exchange has conditionally approved the proposed merger of Redtail and Northern Tiger, and all related transactions.
- Post Holdings to buy Michael Foods for $2.45 billion Reuters - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:59 BST
Reuters reported last week that Post Holdings and U.S. meat processor Tyson Foods Inc (NYS:TSN) were the final bidders for Michael Foods, known for brands such as Papetti's, All Whites, Better 'n Eggs and Simply Potatoes. Post has been aggressively pursuing deals in the last 12 months, a year after it was spun off from …
- Etihad toughens stance on Alitalia deal but talks continue - sources Reuters - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:57 BST
Etihad Airways has toughened its stance on conditions for investing in Italy's struggling Alitalia airline but talks are continuing, sources said on Thursday. But a government source said developments could be overcome. An Etihad spokesperson declined to comment. Alitalia also declined to comment.
- The Movie Studio, Inc. Enters Agreement with Highland Light Productions, Acquires Movie Distribution Rights and Attends NAB Convention Las Vegas, Nevada Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 12:30 BST
The Movie Studio, Inc. is proud to announce a strategic partnership agreement with Highland Light Productions for the packaging and distribution of the completed feature film “Dancing on the Edge.” The Company recently attended the National Association of Broadcasters Convention focusing on television distribution networks …
- Rockwood Announces Commencement of Asset Sale Offer to Purchase Up to $400 Million of Senior Notes Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:55 BST
Rockwood Holdings, Inc. today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Rockwood Specialties Group, Inc. is commencing a cash tender offer (the “Asset Sale Off
- Post Holdings to buy Michael Foods for $2.45B Associated Press - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:46 BST
Cereal maker Post Holdings Inc. is buying fellow packaged food maker Michael Foods Inc. in a $2.45 billion deal that will expand Post's range of products. Privately held Michael Foods makes a variety of ...
- Advanced Circuits Celebrates 25 Years Business Wire - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:00 BST
Advanced Circuits, Inc., the third largest printed circuit board fabricator in North America, is celebrating its 25th Anniversary. Advanced Circuits has been the leader in the PCB industry in quality and on time delivery for prototype through large scale production manufacturing.
- -Poland's insurer PZU buys Baltic rivals for $356 million Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 07:59 BST
Central and eastern Europe's largest insurer PZU has bought three Baltic rivals for a total of $356 million, pending adjustments, PZU said in a statement on Thursday. PZU said it bought Lithuania's Lietuvos ...
- Poland's PZU buys stake in local rival Link4 from Britain's RSA Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 07:37 BST
Central and eastern Europe's largest insurer PZU bought a stake in its Polish rival Link4 from Britain's RSA for 90 million euros , pending adjustments, PZU said in a statement on Thursday. Earlier on ...
- BFC Financial Corporation's Subsidiary, BBX Capital Corporation, Files Its Corporate Overview Marketwired - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 01:42 BST
BFC Financial Corporation announced today that its subsidiary, BBX Capital Corporation , has filed a Form 8-K containing a Corporate Overview of BBX Capital with the Securities and Exchange Commission.......
- Rockport Capital Partners III, L.L.C. through its Limited Partner Rockport Capital Partners III, L.P.-Holdings in Northern Power Systems Corp. Marketwired - Wed, Apr 16, 2014 23:37 BST
On April 16, 2014, through a reverse triangular merger involving Northern Power Systems Corp. , Wind Power Holdings, Inc. and Mira Subco Inc. , Rockport Capital Partners III, L.L.C. through its Limited ...