- Shanghai stocks down in afternoon, wiping out gains AFP - 9 hours ago
- Shanghai stocks up 2.15% by midday, erasing some gains AFP - 11 hours ago
- Spanish language broadcaster Univision files for US IPO Sharecast - Thu, Jul 2, 2015 16:27 BST
The largest Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, Univision, has filed for an initial public offering.
- London midday: Stocks surge on Greek deal hopes, but uncertainties remain Sharecast - Wed, Jul 1, 2015 01:17 BST
Decent gains in the banking and travel sectors gave UK stocks a boost on Wednesday as sentiment was buoyed by hopes of a possible bailout deal in Greece.
- Global equity market deals top $500 bln but banker fees fall Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 30, 2015 00:01 BST
LONDON/HONG KONG, June 30 (Reuters) - Money raised in global equity capital markets rose in the first half of the year to top $500 billion, but bankers' fees fell as secondary share sales supplanted lucrative stock market listings as the dominant deals. The rise in secondary sales was partly down to private equity funds …
- London close: FTSE sinks to five-month low as final act of Greek drama unfolds Sharecast - Mon, Jun 29, 2015 18:21 BST
Heavy falls in the travel, tourism and financial sectors prompted a 2% plunge on the FTSE 100 on Monday as investor sentiment was hammered by concerns about the future of Greece and the wider Eurozone....
- Fear or greed? China share plunge splits bulls and bears AFP - Sun, Jun 28, 2015 06:39 BST
- Usain Bolt's sponsor Digicel files for U.S. IPO Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 16:30 BST
Digicel Group Ltd, the Caribbean telecommunications company that sponsors sprinters Usain Bolt and Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce, filed for an initial public offering of Class A common stock. The company, founded ...
- Mobile company Digicel plans $200m IPO Sharecast - Fri, Jun 26, 2015 15:57 BST
The Caribbean's biggest mobile phone operator Digicel was planning an initial public offering, documents filed with the US stockmarket regulator showed.
- Shares of credit bureau TransUnion rise in debut Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 15:31 BST
Shares of credit bureau TransUnion rose as much as 10 percent in their debut, valuing the company at about $4.4 billion. TransUnion raised $664.8 million after its initial public offering of 29.5 million ...
- US STOCKS-Wall Street opens higher as consumer spending data jumps Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 15:02 BST
Wall Street opened higher on Thursday as data showed that the U.S. economy was on the path to recovery after consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years. Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on economic data for signs of a recovery in the U.S. economy, which came to a crawl in the first quarter, …
- US STOCKS-US stocks set to open higher on consumer spending data Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 25, 2015 13:58 BST
Wall Street was set to open higher on Thursday as data showed that the U.S. economy was on the path to recovery after consumer spending recorded its largest increase in nearly six years. Investors have been keeping a sharp eye on economic data for signs of a recovery in the U.S. economy, which came to a crawl in the first …
- Conservative victory revives London listing market Telegraph - Wed, Jun 24, 2015 22:32 BST
There were 20 stock market listings in the second quarter which raised £3bn, beating expectations
- Ardagh pushes ahead with US IPO plans Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 22:13 BST
Ardagh is moving ahead with a long-promised initial public offering of metals container business, Oressa. The privately-held packaging company, which itself has intimated at going public, will use proceeds from the offering to reduce debt following a series of acquisitions. Ardagh hopes to raise 2bn (US$2.23bn) from …
- Ardagh metal packaging business files for IPO, seeks to raise 2 bln euros Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 21:27 BST
Packaging company Ardagh has filed to list its metal can packaging business on the New York Stock Exchange, the company said in a statement on Tuesday, targeting an overall windfall of 2 billion euros ($2.2 billion). Ardagh said the canning business would be separated off into a new wholly owned subsidiary called Oressa …
- MEDIA-Lone Star said to plan UK IPO of Hanson months after purchase - Bloomberg Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 20:42 BST
-- Source link: -- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
- RBS CEO says Williams & Glyn IPO remains on track for late 2016 Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 16:33 BST
Royal Bank of Scotland's Chief Executive Ross McEwan said he remained confident that the bank would meet a deadline to spin off its Williams & Glyn business before the end of 2016. RBS was ordered to sell ...
- Banks picked for IPO of construction blocks maker Xella-sources Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jun 23, 2015 12:55 BST
Owners Goldman Sachs and PAI Partners are bringing forward a planned stock market listing of their building materials business Xella and have picked banks to arrange the potential 2.5 billion euro deal, ...
- US STOCKS-Wall Street set to open higher on Greek hopes Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jun 22, 2015 13:58 BST
EU Economic Commissioner Pierre Moscovici said he was "convinced" that euro zone leaders holding an emergency meeting in Brussels would find a way out of the Greek crisis. S&P 500 e-minis were up 13.5 points, or 0.64 percent, with 187,043 contracts traded at 8:43 a.m. ET.
- US STOCKS-U.S. futures rise on optimism over Greek deal Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Jun 22, 2015 12:30 BST
U.S. stock index futures were higher on Monday on optimism that Greece may be able to strike a last-minute deal with its international creditors to avert a default. * EU Economic Commissioner Pierre Moscovici said he was "convinced" that euro zone leaders holding an emergency meeting in Brussels on Monday would find a …
- US STOCKS-Wall St falls as Greek deadline looms; indexes up for week Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jun 19, 2015 21:40 BST
U.S. stocks fell on Friday ahead of a summit next week that could decide whether Greece will need to print its own currency and ditch the euro. Euro zone leaders are scheduled to meet on Monday night in ...
- PureTech Health raises £108m from flotation at 160p apiece Sharecast - Fri, Jun 19, 2015 09:16 BST
PureTech Health has raised £108m following its initial public offering which saw the shares listed at 160p apiece.
- Nasdaq powers to new all-time high AFP - Thu, Jun 18, 2015 22:02 BST
- Fitbit races higher in healthy IPO surge AFP - Thu, Jun 18, 2015 21:38 BST
- US STOCKS-Nasdaq at record as Wall St runs on strong data; Greece eyed Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 18, 2015 21:29 BST
The Nasdaq Composite on Thursday erased its last standing milestone from the dot-com era as it set a record intraday high, with stocks on Wall Street in rally mode boosted by strong economic data. The Nasdaq Composite hit a high of 5,143.316, topping the previous 5,132.52 record which stood since March 10, 2000. It also …
- US STOCKS-Nasdaq tops dotcom high on buoyant data, Greece hopes Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 18, 2015 18:42 BST
The Nasdaq Composite index surpassed the 15-year all-time high it set during the peak of the dotcom bubble as more data on Thursday showed the U.S. economy was gathering steam. The S&P and Dow were at their highest levels in about a month. Brian Fenske, head of sales trading at ITG in New York, said the Nasdaq was on …
- US STOCKS-Nasdaq breaks record-high set during dotcom boom Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 18, 2015 16:55 BST
The Nasdaq Composite index surpassed the 15-year all-time high it set during the peak of the dotcom bubble on Thursday as more data showed the U.S. economy was gathering steam. The S&P and Dow were at their highest levels since early June. The Fed said on Wednesday that the U.S. economy was likely strong enough to withstand …
- US STOCKS-Nasdaq just shy of all-time high on strong data Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jun 18, 2015 16:23 BST
Wall Street jumped in late morning trading with the Nasdaq less than a point short of its all-time high after strong data suggested that the economy is improving and the Federal Reserve hinted that it will go slow with the pace of an interest rate hike. The Nasdaq topped its 52-week high on April 27 and was just shy of …
- Toyota defends controversial new share sale AFP - Wed, Jun 17, 2015 05:46 BST
- Investment bank Houlihan has filed for IPO, report says Sharecast - Tue, Jun 16, 2015 15:55 BST
Houlihan Lokey has made a confidential filing for an initial public offering, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources.
- Sophos Group shares priced at 210-280p in IPO Sharecast - Tue, Jun 16, 2015 12:21 BST
IT security company Sophos Group, which is majority-owned by private equity firm Apax Partners, is offering around 600m shares at 210p-280p per share in an initial public offering, according to market ...
- Asia: Stocks down amid Greece uncertainty Sharecast - Mon, Jun 15, 2015 01:26 BST
Asian stocks started the week in the red as concerns about the future of Greece's economy weighed heavily on investor sentiment, after talks between Athens and its creditors broke down over the weekend....
- US STOCKS-Wall St falls as Greece crisis deepens; Fed meet eyed Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jun 12, 2015 18:18 BST
The S&P 500 was set to end unchanged for the week, while the Nasdaq Composite was on track to close down for the third straight week. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was modestly higher for the week, after posting declines for two weeks in a row. A day after the International Monetary Fund quit bailout talks with Greece, …
- China nuclear power giant surges on stock debut AFP - Wed, Jun 10, 2015 15:38 BST
- Cairn Homes raises £294m upon LSE debut Sharecast - Wed, Jun 10, 2015 10:55 BST
Housebuilder Cairn Homes raised over €400m (£294.4m) in capital as it made its debut on the London Stock Exchange.