- Capital markets are on life support - what will it take to revive them? Telegraph - Sat, Feb 6, 2016 20:00 GMT
Companies are struggling to raise money from either debt or shares in today's choppy markets, and investment banks such as Goldman Sachs and Barclays are nervously hoping conditions improve soon
- Jessica Alba's online retailer 'working on IPO' Telegraph - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 19:09 GMT
Honest, co-founded by the Hollywood actress, is valued at $1.7bn
- CMC Markets valued at £691m in IPO Sharecast - Fri, Feb 5, 2016 10:01 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Spreadbetting firm CMC Markets has priced its London stock market listing at 240p a share, giving the group a market capitalisation of around £691m and at the lower end of the 235p-275p ...
- Spreadbetting firm CMC Markets to be valued at $1 bln in IPO - bookrunner Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 16:55 GMT
British financial spreadbetting firm CMC Markets is likely to price its London stock market listing at 240 pence a share, a bookrunner said on Thursday, after investors were told orders below that were ...
- London IPO market steps into 2016 on shaky ground Telegraph - Thu, Feb 4, 2016 09:31 GMT
Proceeds from London IPOs dropped by 16pc last year despite the contribution of bumper flotations from Worldpay and Autotrader and the market hasn't steadied its nerves yet
- Australia's NAB concludes Clydesdale IPO Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 21:54 GMT
National Australia Bank Ltd on Wednesday announced the final price for the float of Clydesdale Bank Plc to institutional investors at 180 pence per share, saying this effectively concludes the demerger and IPO process. NAB said the price implied a CYBG market capitalisation of approximately 1.538 billion pounds, or A$3.221 …
- Australia's NAB delays Clydesdale IPO after ratings question Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Feb 2, 2016 08:07 GMT
National Australia Bank Ltd has delayed the float of Clydesdale Bank Plc by 24 hours to update its listing prospectus after a request for more information from a rating agency. Clydesdale, whose shares were priced at 180 pence on Monday, had received a request from an unnamed rating agency that could result in a downgrade …
- Countryside sets IPO price range at between 225p and 275p Sharecast - Mon, Feb 1, 2016 08:20 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Housebuilder and urban regeneration partner Countryside Properties has set a price range of between 225p and 275p per share for its initial public offering, giving the company a value ...
- Clydesdale float gets thumbs-up from shareholders Telegraph - Wed, Jan 27, 2016 17:39 GMT
The National Australia Bank is floating the Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, and shares are due to start trading next week
- NAB shareholders vote to spin off British bank Clydesdale AFP - Wed, Jan 27, 2016 06:46 GMT
- Brakes swerves IPO plans as market volatility hits valuations Sharecast - Tue, Jan 26, 2016 13:20 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The London fundraising market for new issues is suffering as food distributor Brakes Group on Tuesday shelved its initial public offer due to recent volatile stock market conditions, ...
- Market Volatility Knocks U.K. IPOs The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Jan 22, 2016 14:54 GMT
Volatile U.K. markets are causing firms looking to list to think twice.
- Dealflow collapses as panic mounts across global markets Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jan 22, 2016 14:49 GMT
"It (Other OTC: ITGL - news) 's so frustrating," said a European debt capital markets syndicate manager. Just tranches came to market - bonds from Lloyds Banking Group (Other OTC: LLOBF - news) and Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line together raised US$2.2bn - after 33 tranches came the previous week. In Europe, no investment …
- Clydesdale Bank announces IPO range Sharecast - Mon, Jan 18, 2016 17:11 GMT
(ShareCast News) - National Australia Bank expected its UK unit, Clydesdale Bank, to fetch a valuation of between 175p to 235p per share when it floated on the London market in early February.
- Clydesdale Bank hopes for £2bn price tag despite choppy markets Telegraph - Mon, Jan 18, 2016 10:33 GMT
The bank has set a wide price range for its shares, valuing the challenger at £1.5bn to £2bn
- Ascential announces intention to float Sharecast - Thu, Jan 14, 2016 15:48 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Ascential, the information and events company, on Thursday announced plans to float on the London Stock Exchange.
- UK builder Countryside plans return to London stock market Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jan 14, 2016 10:46 GMT
British property developer Countryside Properties Plc plans to raise about 114 million pounds ($164 million) through an initial public offering, returning to the London stock market after more than a decade in private hands. The IPO is likely to value Countryside at about 1 billion pounds, said an industry source, who …
- CMC to sell 25 percent of shares in IPO Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Jan 13, 2016 11:16 GMT
Online trading company CMC Markets will float 25 percent of the company in a share sale that will leave Chief Executive Peter Cruddas with a just over 60 percent controlling stake in the company, Cruddas ...
- Rocket Internet faces new setback with loss of senior managers Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Jan 12, 2016 13:42 GMT
Germany's Rocket Internet (Swiss: OXRKET.SW - news) is losing two senior managers, sources told Reuters, in the latest setback for a company that a year ago was considered one of Europe's best hopes for competing with global tech giants. Europe's largest internet firm, which has helped create a buzzing tech scene in …
- Aramco confirms it's studying IPO options Sharecast - Fri, Jan 8, 2016 00:16 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Saudi Arabia's state oil company, Aramco, confirmed it has been studying various options to allow broad public participation in its equity through the listing in the capital markets ...
- China to tweak IPO system to curb market swings AFP - Thu, Dec 31, 2015 12:03 GMT
- Saudi Stock Exchange plans 2018 IPO Sharecast - Thu, Dec 31, 2015 11:33 GMT
(ShareCast News) - The Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) said on Thursday that it intends to launch an initial public offering in 2018 after completing the readiness exercise and obtaining the necessary approvals....
- Facebook class action case given go-ahead Sky News - Wed, Dec 30, 2015 08:43 GMT
- German stock exchange books highest number of IPOs since 2007 AFP - Mon, Dec 28, 2015 11:04 GMT
- JP Morgan urges firms to float fast in 2016 Telegraph - Sat, Dec 26, 2015 00:01 GMT
Companies should float as soon as possible in 2016 before political chaos messes up markets, according to investment bankers
- Bumpy year drags U.S. share listings back to 2009 levels Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Dec 22, 2015 00:00 GMT
New share (Madrid: EZE.MA - news) listings in the United States has their worst year since 2009, Thomson Reuters (Dusseldorf: TOC.DU - news) data showed on Tuesday, as a number of deals were pulled or priced below their initial range. The worst hit market was the United States, which has booked $28.7 billion in initial …
- Allied Irish Banks IPO most likely in Sept-Oct 2016 - minister Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Dec 17, 2015 11:18 GMT
Irish Finance Minister Michael Noonan on Thursday said the most likely date for an initial public offering of 25 percent of Allied Irish Banks would be autumn next year. Speaking to reporters in Dublin, ...
- Banks line up to advise Qatar on Valentino share offer - sources Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Dec 17, 2015 06:45 GMT
The Qatari owners of Italian fashion house Valentino have invited banks to pitch for the advisory roles on a stock market listing as they seek an exit from one of the world's most glamorous brands, sources familiar with the plan said. A decision on which bank will work on an initial public offering (IPO) in Milan is expected …
- AIB chairman sees big appetite for potential IPO Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Dec 16, 2015 11:05 GMT
Allied Irish Banks expects strong demand from investors if the government goes ahead with its planned sale of a 25 percent stake after elections next year, the 99-percent state owned bank's chairman said ...
- Australia's Atlassian a welcome Nasdaq 'unicorn' AFP - Wed, Dec 9, 2015 06:51 GMT
- National Australia Bank pitches Clydesdale flotation to investors Telegraph - Mon, Dec 7, 2015 08:18 GMT
Bosses want to sell off the Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, creating a newly independent British lender which will be listed on both the UK and Australian stock markets
- Purplebricks expects valuation of £240.3m in IPO Sharecast - Thu, Dec 3, 2015 09:10 GMT
(ShareCast News) - Online estate agency Purplebricks said it has conditionally raised £58.1m from an institutional placing and expects to be admitted to trading on AIM with a market capitalisation of £240.3m....
- German power giant RWE to spin off renewables business AFP - Tue, Dec 1, 2015 15:17 GMT
- The Sagging IPO Market, and Two Big Meetings This Week -- Podcast The Wall Street Journal - Mon, Nov 30, 2015 21:09 GMT
This week's MoneyBeat podcast took a look at the changing IPO market, and what it says about and means for the capital markets and Wall Street.
- National Bank of Australia confirms Clydesdale IPO plans Sharecast - Fri, Nov 27, 2015 15:30 GMT
(ShareCast News) - National Bank of Australia confirmed on Friday that the Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank will float on the stock market in February next year.