- Government export scheme 'yet to help one business' Yahoo Finance UK - Mon, Apr 7, 2014 11:41 BST
- It's time to kill the SME Telegraph - Thu, Apr 3, 2014 12:01 BST
- 'Slacker staff can't be bothered to win new business' Telegraph - Thu, Apr 3, 2014 07:00 BST
New research discovers that a quarter of workers admit not trying to win new contracts because of the extra work they will create
- Ed Miliband's bank break-up plan 'impossible’ Telegraph - Sat, Mar 29, 2014 19:56 GMT
Head of UK's new competition watchdog spells out why a six-month review and subsequent break-up would be impossible
- EU may reboot securitisations market for SMEs City A.M. - Fri, Mar 28, 2014 04:45 GMT
INVESTORS and banks will be encouraged to lend to small businesses under a series of reforms unveiled by the European Commission yesterday.Brussels wants to create fund products to make it easier for investors ...
- Business Bank to 'guarantee' SME loans Yahoo Finance UK - Mon, Mar 24, 2014 11:59 GMT
- Budget 2014: as it happened - March 19, 2014 Telegraph - Wed, Mar 19, 2014 07:44 GMT
George Osborne puts savers at the centre in his fifth Budget
- Lloyds to grow SME lending by 1 bln pounds in 2014 Reuters - UK Focus - Sun, Mar 16, 2014 12:32 GMT
Lloyds Bank said it will grow its lending to small-and-medium enterprises (SMEs) by a further 1 billion pounds this year, seeing stronger growth prospects for smaller businesses as Britain's economic recovery takes hold. Lloyds's pledge comes after British politicians launched an inquiry last month into the lending practices …
- Lloyds to lend an extra £1bn to SMEs Telegraph - Sat, Mar 15, 2014 21:29 GMT
The bank’s promise over the coming year plays its part to revive one of the key elements of the UK economy
- UK competition watchdog considers small business banking probe Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 11, 2014 16:25 GMT
* OFT says SMEs may not be getting best deal from banks * UK finance ministry 'determined to increase competition' LONDON, March 11 (Reuters) - Britain's new competition watchdog will decide later this year whether to launch a full-blown investigation into the services provided by banks to small businesses, the Office …
- Tendering red tape holds firms back Telegraph - Sun, Mar 9, 2014 19:09 GMT
The Government’s inefficient tendering system has created a £22bn bottleneck in the allocation of public funds, writes Rebecca Burn-Callander.
- 'Abroad it's about being the best, not political relations' Telegraph - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 13:53 GMT
The founder of tech company Buddi reveals the reasons it quit its criminal tagging contract and Whitehall’s barriers to small business
- Most SMEs 'don't want to borrow money', claims report Yahoo Finance UK - Thu, Feb 27, 2014 12:59 GMT
- Small Business Lending Has Gone Down Say MPs Sky News - Tue, Jan 21, 2014 11:42 GMT
But the critical report by the Commons Public Accounts Committee has been rejected by the Government, which argues credit conditions for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are improving, and new lending is being provided. Margaret Hodge, who chairs the committee, said: "Small and medium-sized enterprises have a …
- City finds blind spots in Miliband's bank plan Telegraph - Sat, Jan 18, 2014 18:25 GMT
Will plans to break up Britain’s banks lead to better services for customers and businesses or ruin an already fragile market?
- Santander pledges to treble SME internship scheme Telegraph - Mon, Dec 9, 2013 18:33 GMT
Santander UK is set to treble the number of graduates offered places on its SME internship scheme to 1,500 to encourage more students to consider working for smaller companies
- Small businesses across Europe are bullish on growth Telegraph - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 17:06 GMT
Small businesses across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain and the Czech Republic have thrown off their austerity shackles and are forecasting growth over the next two years, a report has ...
- What small businesses want from George Osborne Yahoo Finance UK - Mon, Dec 2, 2013 15:59 GMT
A freeze on business rates, lower energy prices and more action on slow payers are some of the things small business groups are hoping for from the Chancellor's Autumn Statement later this week.
- Business Bank to be based in Sheffield Telegraph - Sun, Dec 1, 2013 14:36 GMT
Vince Cable to give an extra £250m to Britain's Business Bank and move its headquarters to Yorkshire, The Telegraph can reveal.
- Weather-proof your business Yahoo Finance UK - Thu, Nov 28, 2013 17:17 GMT
- RBS To Probe Claims It Drove Firms To Collapse Sky News - Mon, Nov 25, 2013 12:02 GMT
The Royal Bank of Scotland (NYSE: RBS - news) has hired a law firm to investigate allegations the bank deliberately drove small businesses to collapse for its own gain. The claims are contained in a dossier, compiled by government adviser Lawrence Tomlinson, which has now been passed to City regulators by Business Secretary …
- British SMEs think overseas expansion is too risky Yahoo Finance UK - Thu, Nov 14, 2013 11:45 GMT
- RBS to poll SMEs in overhaul of loans policy Telegraph - Sun, Nov 3, 2013 21:30 GMT
Royal Bank of Scotland in talks with main representatives of Britain’s SMEs to independently monitor its handling of smaller business customers
- Business news and markets: as it happened - November 1, 2013 Telegraph - Fri, Nov 1, 2013 07:44 GMT
A closely-watched gauge of factory activity in the US signals that the sector expanded at the fastest pace in two-and-a-half years in October, despite the government being in partial shutdown for half ...
- UK's RBS has failed to support small businesses - review Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Nov 1, 2013 07:00 GMT
* RBS (LSE: RBS.L - news) 's market share of SME lending has fallen steeply since 2010 * RBS staff 'risk-averse', lending not top priority LONDON, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Part-nationalised Royal Bank of Scotland has failed to support small businesses in a way that meets its own targets and the expectations of customers, an …
- RBS needs small business lending 'overhaul', says report Telegraph - Thu, Oct 31, 2013 19:24 GMT
Royal Bank of Scotland has failed its small business and medium-sized business customers, according to a damning report into its lending operations.
- RBS small business lending a failure and needs 'overhaul', says Andrew Large report Telegraph - Thu, Oct 31, 2013 19:24 GMT
Royal Bank of Scotland has failed its small business and medium-sized business customers, according to a report into its lending operations.
- RBS Faces 'Withering' Criticism In SME Review Sky News - Wed, Oct 30, 2013 12:06 GMT
Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) (RBS) will face heavy criticism this week over its treatment of struggling small businesses in a report that will urge the taxpayer-backed lender to provide new ways for entrepreneurs to finance their companies' growth. Sky News understands that Sir Andrew Large, the former deputy …
- RBS Faces Large Call For SME Lending Reform Sky News - Tue, Oct 29, 2013 15:18 GMT
- Do your bit for charity and reap the rewards Yahoo Finance UK - Thu, Oct 10, 2013 17:19 BST
- Karren Brady named Government's Small Business Ambassador Telegraph - Mon, Sep 30, 2013 17:51 BST
Karren Brady, vice-chairman of West Ham and star of The Apprentice , has been hired to be the Government's Small Business Ambassador.
- Business news and markets: as it happened - September 24, 2013 Telegraph - Tue, Sep 24, 2013 08:30 BST
US consumer confidence slips even as house prices rise at the fastest rate in seven years.
- Jobseekers snub small businesses Telegraph - Fri, Sep 6, 2013 16:05 BST
One in 10 jobseekers would never consider taking a role at a small business, according to a new report.
- Nationwide delays SME business loans plan Telegraph - Tue, Aug 27, 2013 12:00 BST
- Small business loan scheme finally taking off Telegraph - Mon, Aug 19, 2013 16:42 BST