- Apple takes steps to lift sagging stock price Associated Press - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
Apple upstaged Wednesday's release of its fiscal second-quarter earnings by announcing plans to send more cash to its shareholders and split its stock for the first time in nine years. This is what Apple ...
- Agios Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock Business Wire - 4 hours ago
Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the pricing of its underwritten public offering of 2,000,000 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $44.00 per share, before underwriting discounts.
- Enbridge Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividends Marketwired - 7 hours ago
Enbridge Inc. Enbridge Inc.'s Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.35 per common share, payable on June 1, 2014 to shareholders of record on May 15, 2014. The amount of the dividend ...
- London close: FTSE ends slightly lower ahead of US earnings Sharecast - 7 hours ago
FTSE closes down 7.02 points at 6,674.74; Focus turns to Apple and Facebook earnings; UK public sector net borrowing falls
- Europe close: ECB's task getting more complicated, Barclays says Sharecast - 10 hours ago
European stocks remained under some slight selling pressure at the midday mark despite what in general terms was a better than expected reading on the Eurozone's manufacturing and service sectors.
- Insurer Saga could announce $5 bln London listing next week Reuters - UK Focus - 10 hours ago
British over-50s insurer Saga is planning to announce its intention to float next week in a London stock market debut that could value the company at 3 billion pounds ($5.1 billion), two sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday. The share offer would be the UK's biggest insurance listing for at least five years, …
- Universal Bioenergy Announces It Considers Plans for Major Stock Buy Back of 566 Million Shares of Its Common Stock Marketwired - 11 hours ago
Universal Bioenergy Inc., , a publicly traded independent diversified energy company that markets and distributes natural gas, petroleum, coal and electricity, announced it is considering making major ...
- Entertainment Gaming Asia Receives NASDAQ Listing Deficiency Notice Business Wire - 14 hours ago
Entertainment Gaming Asia Inc. , a gaming company focused on emerging gaming markets in Pan-Asia, today announced that o
- Bank of Montreal Announces Closing of $500 Million Preferred Share Issue Marketwired - 14 hours ago
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES Bank of Montreal today announced it has closed its inaugural Basel III-compliant public offering of Non-Cumulative ...
- Aemetis Files Preliminary Proxy For Consent Solicitation to Approve 1-for-10 Reverse Stock Split Business Wire - 15 hours ago
Aemetis, Inc. , a renewable fuels and biochemicals company with operating plants in California and India, today filed a preliminary proxy for a consent solicitation seeking approval from its stockholders for a 1-for-10 reverse stock split of Aemetis common stock in anticipation of listing on a national exchange.
- Europe open: Equities move lower after manufacturing reports Sharecast - 15 hours ago
European stocks have come under slight selling pressure early on following mixed readings on the manufacturing sector in France and Germany.
- China pork firm scales down HK listing on volatility concerns AFP - 17 hours ago
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: Royal Dutch Shell Plc, BP plc and Rio Tinto plc Fool.co.uk - 18 hours ago
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB), BP plc (LON:BP) and Rio Tinto plc (LON:RIO) are heavyweight holdings of JP Morgan Claverhouse Investment Trust (LON:JCH).
- SDRL - Mandatory notification of trade Thomson Reuters ONE - 21 hours ago
Hamilton, Bermuda, April 23, 2014 - Seadrill Limited ("the Company") has through market purchases executed on April 22, repurchased 300,000 of the Company`s own common stock at an average price ...
- Transaction in Own Shares Business Wire - 21 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Centrica plc 23 April 2014 Share Repurchase Programme Centrica plc announces that on 22 April 2014, it purchased (through UBS Limited) 1,000,000 (one million) Centrica plc ordinary ...
- Credit Suisse sees substantial capital returns at Wolseley Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 01:58 BST
Wolseley's share price was making gains on Wednesday after Credit Suisse upgraded the stock from 'neutral' to 'outperform', saying that it foresees substantial capital returns at the plumbing and building ...
- Greenlight Capital down 1.5 percent in first-quarter, warns of second 'tech bubble' Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 22:27 BST
"There is a clear consensus that we are witnessing our second tech bubble in 15 years," Greenlight said. "In our view, the current bubble is an echo of the previous tech bubble, but with fewer larger capitalization stocks and much less public enthusiasm." Greenlight admitted that the firm's ongoing short position in Keurig …
- Bar Harbor Bankshares Announces Three-for-Two Stock Split as a Large Stock Dividend and has Declared its Second Quarter Cash Dividend Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 21:05 BST
Bar Harbor Bankshares the parent company of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, today announced that its Board of Directors declared a three-for-two split of its common stock payable in the form of a large stock dividend.
- Questor share tip: AstraZeneca jumps on bid talk Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 20:33 BST
The pharmaceutical giants long term investment case has been underpinned by bid talk, says Questor
- Market report: Poundland slips on broker caution Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 20:05 BST
Credit Suisse and JPMorgan, which were bookrunners on the float, drew attention to the group's valuation
- UPDATE 1-UK's Card Factory plans estimated 1 billion pounds London listing Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 19:01 BST
British greeting cards retailer Card Factory plans a stock market flotation that could value it at 1 billion pounds ($1.7 billion), joining a spate of store chains seeking public listings as the outlook for consumer spending brightens. Card Factory, which analysts have estimated to have a total equity value of up to 1 …
- CBEYOND INVESTOR ALERT: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Announces the Investigation of Cbeyond (CBEY) Over the Proposed Sale of the Company to Birch Communications Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 16:40 BST
Juan E. Monteverde, a partner at Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities firm headquartered in New York City, is investigating the Board of Directors of Cbeyond, Inc.
- Double Your Income In Just Six Years! Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:55 BST
What matters is dividend growth, not just dividend yield.
- Lufthansa plans no buyback despite rise in foreign shareholdings Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:41 BST
* Lufthansa says non-German shareholdings rise above 40 pct * Move (NasdaqGS: MOVE - news) could trigger share buyback or other measures * Says no immediate risk of excessive foreign control FRANKFURT, April 22 (Reuters) - German airline Lufthansa dismissed the risk of it coming under undue foreign influence despite …
- Netflix price hikes seen boosting global expansion Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:41 BST
REUTERS - Netflix Inc's (NFLX.O) planned price hikes will allow it to spend more to produce more original content that will help it attract more customers globally, analysts said, as many of them raised their price targets on the stock. Netflix's shares rose more than 9 percent in early trading on Tuesday after the company …
- Flagging notification in accordance with Chapter 9, Section 10 of the Finnish Securities Markets Act Thomson Reuters ONE - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:17 BST
Rautaruukki Corporation Stock exchange release 22 April 2014 at 5.15pm EEST Flagging notification in accordance with Chapter 9, Section 10 of the Finnish Securities Markets Act Rautaruukki Corporation ...
- London open: Pharma M&A gives UK stocks a lift Sharecast - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 10:02 BST
Strong gains from heavyweight pharmaceutical groups gave UK markets a boost on Tuesday morning, as investors returned to their desks in a positive mood following the four-day Bank Holiday weekend.
- Pork giant WH Group slashes IPO, delays pricing on lack of demand - IFR Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 08:07 BST
HONG KONG (Reuters) - China's WH Group Ltd, the world's biggest pork company, is slashing its proposed Hong Kong initial public offering and delaying pricing of the deal to next week due to lack of demand, ...
- Next batch of companies hope to raise $3.6 billion through China IPOs Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 05:54 BST
China's regulator posted draft initial public offering (IPO) prospectuses for 18 Chinese firms on Monday, bringing the total number of potential issuers up to 46, with state media estimating they could raise as much as 22.6 billion yuan ($3.6 billion) from investors. The anticipated resumption follows a two-month flurry …
- Next batch of Chinese companies hope to raise $3.6 billion through China IPOs - state media Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 05:31 BST
China's regulator posted draft initial public offering (IPO) prospectuses for 18 Chinese firms on Monday, bringing the total number of potential issuers up to 46, with state media estimating they could raise as much as 22.6 billion yuan (2.14 billion pounds) from investors. The anticipated resumption follows a two-month …
- U.S. judge dismisses case against Twitter alleging pre-IPO fraud Reuters - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 20:34 BST
Twitter Inc has won the dismissal of an unusual lawsuit accusing the social media company of fraudulently arranging a private stock sale it never intended to complete, with a goal of stoking interest in its November 2013 initial public offering. U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin in Manhattan said Precedo Capital Group …
- It’s time to go on the defensive to safeguard those bull market winnings Telegraph - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 18:38 BST
As stock markets around the world wobble, we investigate the safest shares for gains and income
- Exclusive: Fidelity's Danoff looks beyond tech stocks as performance lags Reuters - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 18:05 BST
Will Danoff, who runs Fidelity Investments' behemoth Contrafund, is frustrated by his lagging performance this year and is pruning his exposure to cloud software stocks that got clobbered recently in a swift and hard-hitting downturn. Steering the mutual fund equivalent of a battleship, with $109 billion in assets, Danoff …
- Fantex Brokerage Services Announces Anticipated Closing Date for Fantex Vernon Davis IPO Business Wire - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 14:00 BST
Fantex Brokerage Services, LLC announced today that it anticipates closing the reservation period for the Fantex Vernon Davis1 Initial Public Offering on April 25th at 5 p.m. ET.
- Enviro-Serv Inc. Announces Shareholder Update Letter Marketwired - Mon, Apr 21, 2014 12:15 BST
Enviro-Serv Inc. Enviro-Serv Inc. is pleased to announce its second shareholder update letter from Chairman and CEO Chris Trina.