- Over-50s insurer Saga preparing for London IPO Sharecast - 11 minutes ago
Saga Group, the British insurance company serving the over-50s, is reported to be eyeing an initial public offering (IPO), in what is set to be the largest insurance listing in London in five years.
- Market overview: Standard Life to vote against Barclays remuneration report Sharecast - 52 minutes ago
1342: At this morning's heated AGM in London Barclays investor Standard Life Investments said it will vote against the 2013 remuneration report.
- Beginners Portfolio: Apple Inc Confounds The Critics Fool.co.uk - 1 hour 27 minutes ago
We have good news from Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL) and GlaxoSmithKline (LON: GSK).
- London open: FTSE 100 rises after results from Apple, Facebook Sharecast - 5 hours ago
Apple, Facebook lift sentiment after results; FTSE 100 at highest since March 7th; Miners Anglo, ABG and Centamin rise.
- Apple could enter Dow Jones after stock split Sharecast - 5 hours ago
After Apple reported quarterly earnings that beat consensus estimates thanks to better-than-expected iPhone sales, markets began to shift gears and focus on its possible inclusion in the Dow Jones stock ...
- Thursday tips round-up: ABF, ARM Holdings Sharecast - 6 hours ago
Associated British Foods (ABF), one of the few remaining conglomerates on the FTSE 100, yesterday released a strong first half trading update, including a six per cent increase in pre-tax profits. That ...
- European shares bounce; Alstom jumps on M&A talk Reuters - UK Focus - 7 hours ago
European shares rose in early trade on Thursday, recouping most of the previous session's losses, with Alstom surging on merger and acquisition talk. Shares in the French firm jumped 16 percent following ...
- iPhone sales boost Apple profits as company beefs up buyback Sharecast - 7 hours ago
Strong iPhone sales drive profit growth; 30bn dollars added to buyback programme; Dividend raised, stock split announced
- Transaction in Own Shares Business Wire - 8 hours ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Centrica plc 24 April 2014 Share Repurchase Programme Centrica plc announces that on 23 April 2014, it purchased (through UBS Limited) 1,000,000 (one million) Centrica plc ordinary ...
- Apple takes steps to lift sagging stock price Associated Press - 14 hours ago
Apple upstaged Wednesday's release of its fiscal second-quarter earnings by announcing plans to send more cash to its shareholders and split its stock for the first time in nine years. This is what Apple ...
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock Associated Press - 14 hours ago
- Agios Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock Business Wire - 15 hours ago
Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the pricing of its underwritten public offering of 2,000,000 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $44.00 per share, before underwriting discounts.
- Enbridge Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividends Marketwired - 18 hours ago
Enbridge Inc. Enbridge Inc.'s Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.35 per common share, payable on June 1, 2014 to shareholders of record on May 15, 2014. The amount of the dividend ...
- London close: FTSE ends slightly lower ahead of US earnings Sharecast - 19 hours ago
FTSE closes down 7.02 points at 6,674.74; Focus turns to Apple and Facebook earnings; UK public sector net borrowing falls
- Europe close: ECB's task getting more complicated, Barclays says Sharecast - 21 hours ago
European stocks remained under some slight selling pressure at the midday mark despite what in general terms was a better than expected reading on the Eurozone's manufacturing and service sectors.
- Insurer Saga could announce $5 bln London listing next week Reuters - UK Focus - 21 hours ago
British over-50s insurer Saga is planning to announce its intention to float next week in a London stock market debut that could value the company at 3 billion pounds ($5.1 billion), two sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday. The share offer would be the UK's biggest insurance listing for at least five years, …
- Universal Bioenergy Announces It Considers Plans for Major Stock Buy Back of 566 Million Shares of Its Common Stock Marketwired - 22 hours ago
Universal Bioenergy Inc., , a publicly traded independent diversified energy company that markets and distributes natural gas, petroleum, coal and electricity, announced it is considering making major ...
- Entertainment Gaming Asia Receives NASDAQ Listing Deficiency Notice Business Wire - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 14:00 BST
Entertainment Gaming Asia Inc. , a gaming company focused on emerging gaming markets in Pan-Asia, today announced that o
- Bank of Montreal Announces Closing of $500 Million Preferred Share Issue Marketwired - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 13:21 BST
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES Bank of Montreal today announced it has closed its inaugural Basel III-compliant public offering of Non-Cumulative ...
- Aemetis Files Preliminary Proxy For Consent Solicitation to Approve 1-for-10 Reverse Stock Split Business Wire - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 13:00 BST
Aemetis, Inc. , a renewable fuels and biochemicals company with operating plants in California and India, today filed a preliminary proxy for a consent solicitation seeking approval from its stockholders for a 1-for-10 reverse stock split of Aemetis common stock in anticipation of listing on a national exchange.
- Europe open: Equities move lower after manufacturing reports Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:53 BST
European stocks have come under slight selling pressure early on following mixed readings on the manufacturing sector in France and Germany.
- Wednesday tips round-up: Astra Zeneca, Torotrak Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:03 BST
When a company says that it is willing to pay an over 30 per cent premium for one of its rivals, investors should sit up and take notice. Well, that's exactly what Pfizer did yesterday by offering to purchase ...
- China pork firm scales down HK listing on volatility concerns AFP - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:48 BST
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: Royal Dutch Shell Plc, BP plc and Rio Tinto plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:14 BST
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB), BP plc (LON:BP) and Rio Tinto plc (LON:RIO) are heavyweight holdings of JP Morgan Claverhouse Investment Trust (LON:JCH).
- SDRL - Mandatory notification of trade Thomson Reuters ONE - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 07:07 BST
Hamilton, Bermuda, April 23, 2014 - Seadrill Limited ("the Company") has through market purchases executed on April 22, repurchased 300,000 of the Company`s own common stock at an average price ...
- Credit Suisse sees substantial capital returns at Wolseley Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 01:58 BST
Wolseley's share price was making gains on Wednesday after Credit Suisse upgraded the stock from 'neutral' to 'outperform', saying that it foresees substantial capital returns at the plumbing and building ...
- Greenlight Capital down 1.5 percent in first-quarter, warns of second 'tech bubble' Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 22:27 BST
"There is a clear consensus that we are witnessing our second tech bubble in 15 years," Greenlight said. "In our view, the current bubble is an echo of the previous tech bubble, but with fewer larger capitalization stocks and much less public enthusiasm." Greenlight admitted that the firm's ongoing short position in Keurig …
- Bar Harbor Bankshares Announces Three-for-Two Stock Split as a Large Stock Dividend and has Declared its Second Quarter Cash Dividend Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 21:05 BST
Bar Harbor Bankshares the parent company of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, today announced that its Board of Directors declared a three-for-two split of its common stock payable in the form of a large stock dividend.
- Questor share tip: AstraZeneca jumps on bid talk Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 20:33 BST
The pharmaceutical giants long term investment case has been underpinned by bid talk, says Questor
- Market report: Poundland slips on broker caution Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 20:05 BST
Credit Suisse and JPMorgan, which were bookrunners on the float, drew attention to the group's valuation
- UPDATE 1-UK's Card Factory plans estimated 1 billion pounds London listing Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 19:01 BST
British greeting cards retailer Card Factory plans a stock market flotation that could value it at 1 billion pounds ($1.7 billion), joining a spate of store chains seeking public listings as the outlook for consumer spending brightens. Card Factory, which analysts have estimated to have a total equity value of up to 1 …
- CBEYOND INVESTOR ALERT: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Announces the Investigation of Cbeyond (CBEY) Over the Proposed Sale of the Company to Birch Communications Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 16:40 BST
Juan E. Monteverde, a partner at Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities firm headquartered in New York City, is investigating the Board of Directors of Cbeyond, Inc.
- Double Your Income In Just Six Years! Fool.co.uk - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:55 BST
What matters is dividend growth, not just dividend yield.
- Lufthansa plans no buyback despite rise in foreign shareholdings Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:41 BST
* Lufthansa says non-German shareholdings rise above 40 pct * Move (NasdaqGS: MOVE - news) could trigger share buyback or other measures * Says no immediate risk of excessive foreign control FRANKFURT, April 22 (Reuters) - German airline Lufthansa dismissed the risk of it coming under undue foreign influence despite …
- Netflix price hikes seen boosting global expansion Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 15:41 BST
REUTERS - Netflix Inc's (NFLX.O) planned price hikes will allow it to spend more to produce more original content that will help it attract more customers globally, analysts said, as many of them raised their price targets on the stock. Netflix's shares rose more than 9 percent in early trading on Tuesday after the company …