- Rio Tinto moved by call for iron ore cap Telegraph - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 20:14 GMT
Market report: FTSE slips while Rio Tinto's iron ore production policy back in the spotlight
- Borse Dubai to sell $2.2 bln stake in London Stock Exchange -source Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 18:38 GMT
Borse Dubai, the biggest investor in the London Stock Exchange (Other OTC: LDNXF - news) is selling its stake in the British exchange, which will raise around 1.5 billion pounds ($2.23 billion). Borse Dubai, which was not immediately available for comment, is the holding company for Dubai Financial Market (DFM) and Nasdaq …
- Don’t Make These Mistakes With Rio Tinto plc, BHP Billiton plc And Fuller, Smith & Turner plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 16:32 GMT
Watch out for these pitfalls with Rio Tinto plc (LON:RIO), BHP Billiton plc (LON:BLT), and Fuller, Smith & Turner plc (LON:FSTA).
- FTSE 250 movers: Balfour higher on cost saving pledge, miners and oil stocks lower Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 16:02 GMT
Shares in UK construction firm Balfour Beatty rose as it pledged to implement cost saving measures after reporting deep losses last year which forced it to suspend its dividend.
- FTSE edges away from record high, led down by Barclays Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 15:34 GMT
Britain's leading share index gave up early gains on Wednesday and edged lower, led down by Barclays after a broker downgraded the stock. "This is also a positive signal for the entire sector, which is getting some tailwind from lower fuel prices and relatively more money in the hands of consumers due to lower inflation," …
- The 10 overseas shares most popular with British investors Telegraph - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 12:48 GMT
More investors than ever are using their Isa and pensions to invest in firms like Apple, Google and Alibaba. Here are the 10 most popular holdings - and what it costs to buy and sell them
- Canaccord cuts Card Factory to 'hold', but growth potential intact Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 09:35 GMT
Card Factory's share price dropped on Thursday morning despite an in-line trading statement from the greeting cards and gifts retailer, with broker Canaccord Geunity weighing on the stock after downgrading ...
- Card Factory delivers solid sales growth, but shares pull back Sharecast - Wed, Mar 25, 2015 09:32 GMT
Card Factory said it continued to perform well as it neared the end of its financial year, though shares dropped sharply on Thursday as investors took profits following a steady rise in the stock since ...
- Merck board OKs additional $10 billion stock buyback plan Associated Press - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 21:36 GMT
Merck & Co. says its board approved the repurchase of up to $10 billion more of its stock. The drugmaker said Tuesday that amount will be added to the $1.7 billion remaining available for repurchase under ...
- Whiting and McCormick are big market movers Associated Press - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 20:39 GMT
Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market: NYSE Whiting Petroleum Corp., down $7.48 to $30.91 The oil and gas company priced a ...
- London close: FTSE 100 pares session gains to end lower on low inflation woes Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 17:35 GMT
London's FTSE 100 index underperformed its European peers on Tuesday as investors cut exposure on the back of inflation data from the UK and US.
- FTSE 100 movers: ABF hit by euro weakness, Centrica lower on election risk Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 16:12 GMT
Primark owner Associated British Foods tripped lower after Swiss bank Credit Suisse lowered its earnings forecasts for the company citing euro weakness. "AB Foods doesn't usually feature in our regular ...
- US STOCKS-Wall St little changed; Google boosts Nasdaq Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 14:52 GMT
The Nasdaq outperformed other major indexes, boosted by a 2 percent gain in Google shares. Morgan Stanley's chief financial officer is leaving the bank to join Google.
- Why Has Standard Chartered PLC Climbed 19% In Just One Week? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 14:42 GMT
Standard Chartered PLC (LON:STAN) shares have been motoring recently, but they still look cheap, says Roland Head.
- Whiting Announces Pricing of $1.0 Billion Aggregate Principal Amount of Convertible Senior Notes Due 2020 Business Wire - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 13:41 GMT
Whiting Petroleum Corporation today announced that it has priced $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of 1.25% convertible senior notes due 2020 in a private unregistered offering.
- Ahead of the Bell: Chesapeake Energy shares stage rally Associated Press - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 13:27 GMT
When your stock price tumbles faster than the cost for a barrel of oil, it's hard for a company like Chesapeake Energy to give investors something to cheer about. But the Oklahoma City oil and gas provider ...
- Kennedy Wilson Announces Pricing of Common Stock Offering Business Wire - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 12:31 GMT
International real estate investment and services firm, Kennedy-Wilson Holdings, Inc. today announced the pricing of its underwritten public offering of 7,500,000 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $25.55 per share.
- InVivo Therapeutics Announces Reverse Stock Split in Preparation for Planned Uplisting to NASDAQ Business Wire - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 12:00 GMT
InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 1-for-4 reverse stock split of its issued and outstanding common stock in preparation for its planned uplisting to the NASDAQ Capital Market.
- Is IQE plc A Better Buy Than Imagination Technologies Group plc, Spirent Communications Plc And Laird PLC? Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 10:41 GMT
Should you buy a slice of IQE plc (LON: IQE) over sector peers Imagination Technologies Group plc (LON: IMG), Spirent Communications Plc (LON: SPT) and Laird PLC (LON: LRD)?
- Five routes to top technology returns Telegraph - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 10:15 GMT
Investors were horribly burnt by the 'tech bubble’ 15 years ago. Today is different, apparently
- London open: Stocks post mild gains ahead of key inflation data Sharecast - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 09:21 GMT
London's benchmark FTSE 100 index kicked off Tuesday's session by posting mild gains following a late recovery in Asian markets overnight and better-than-expected Eurozone data.
- 3 Stocks To Avoid For Your 2015 ISA: Barclays PLC, Lloyds Banking Group plc & AstraZeneca plc Fool.co.uk - Tue, Mar 24, 2015 08:02 GMT
Barclays PLC (LON:BAR), Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON:LLOY) and AstraZeneca plc (LON:AZN) are not the right investments for your ISA.
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust Upsizes and Prices Offering of Common Shares Business Wire - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 23:36 GMT
Chesapeake Lodging Trust announced today that it has priced its public offering of 4,000,000 common shares for a total of approximately $136.0 million of gross proceeds, before deducting underwriting discounts and estimated offering costs.
- Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. Closes Initial Public Offering of Common Stock; Announces Quarterly Distribution of $0.45 Per Share Business Wire - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 21:09 GMT
Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. announced today that it closed its initial public offering of 6,000,000 shares of its common stock on March 23, 2015. Shares of commo
- FVCbank announces five-for-four common stock split Business Wire - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 20:30 GMT
First Virginia Community Bank announced today that its Board of Directors approved a five-for-four split of the company's common stock in the form of a 25 percent sto
- Standard Chartered shares boosted by analyst talk of cost-cutting and a move away from the UK Telegraph - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 19:28 GMT
Market report: FTSE 100 holds its breath ahead of Greek and German showdown
- Should You Follow Directors Buying At WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Soco International plc And Cineworld Group plc? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 14:13 GMT
Is it time to get into WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (LON:MRW), Soco International plc (LON:SIA) and Cineworld Group plc (LON:CINE) after big director buys?
- Kemira Oyj: The Annual General Meeting approved EUR 0.53 dividend GlobeNewswire - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 13:02 GMT
Kemira Oyj Stock Exchange Release March 23, 2015 at 3.00 pm (CET+1) The Annual General Meeting of Kemira Oyj approved the Board of Directors proposal of EUR 0.53 dividend per share for the financial year ...
- Patent Properties’ Executive Chairman and CEO Enter into 10b5-1 Purchase Plans to Acquire Shares of Patent Properties Common Stock Business Wire - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 12:00 GMT
Patent Properties, Inc. , an intellectual property company that recently launched The United States Patent UtilityTM , its B
- RBS announces further share sale in US arm Citizens Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 11:17 GMT
Royal Bank of Scotland is to sell up to another 132 million shares in its U.S. bank Citizens to cut its stake to less than half. RBS said on Monday it will sell 115 million shares of Citizens' common stock ...
- Why I’d Invest All My Savings In BP plc, SABMiller PLC, ARM Holdings Plc, Unilever plc & ASOS Plc Right Now Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 10:28 GMT
BP plc (LON:BP), ARM Holdings Plc (LON:ARM), ASOS Plc (LON:ASC), SABMiller (LON:SAB) and Unilever plc (LON:ULVR) are under the spotlight.
- London open: FTSE pulls back from record on Greek fears Sharecast - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 09:48 GMT
UK stocks pulled back slightly from a record high on Monday morning as investors used developments in Greece as an excuse to take profits.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc Is Up 18% Since I Named It My Top Stock For 2015. What Went Right? Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 09:15 GMT
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: Royal Dutch Shell Plc, HSBC Holdings plc And BHP Billiton plc Fool.co.uk - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 09:05 GMT
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB), HSBC Holdings plc (LON:HSBA) and BHP Billiton plc (LON:BLT) are top dividend holdings of Murray Income Trust plc (LON:MUT).
- China to reap Alibaba windfall as tightens up on tax Reuters - Mon, Mar 23, 2015 07:24 GMT
China could make billions of dollars from taxing gains made by employees of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group (BABA.N) who are free to sell their shares for the first time since its IPO, as the country tightens up its leaky mechanisms for tax collection. The total lock-up represents roughly 18 percent of Alibaba's shares, …