- Transaction in Own Shares Business Wire - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
LONDON--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Centrica plc 25 April 2014 Share Repurchase Programme Centrica plc announces that on 24 April 2014, it purchased (through UBS Limited) 1,000,000 (one million) Centrica plc ordinary ...
- Trend-setter Apple's stock split could bring out the copycats Reuters - 4 hours ago
Apple has long been a trend-setter whose hot products attract imitators, and now its recent stock split might help revive a trend from the 1990s that has all but disappeared on Wall Street. Apple Inc's move might inspire others, some believe, but only modestly. "It could become a bit of a trend when you see a name like …
- Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock Business Wire - 7 hours ago
Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. , the largest Burger King® franchisee in the world, today announced the pricing of a public offering of 10,000,000 shares of common stock at a price of $6.20 per share .
- Cleco raises quarterly dividend and increases target range for dividend payout ratio Thomson Reuters ONE - 8 hours ago
Shareholders to receive 10 percent increase in dividend payments PINEVILLE, La., April 24, 2014 - Cleco Corporation (NYSE: CNL) today announced that its board of directors voted to raise the quarterly ...
- London close: FTSE ends above 6,700 after strong US tech performance Sharecast - 14 hours ago
FTSE ends above 6,700; Easter retail sales rise; Ukraine kills militants, EU ponders Crimea sanctions
- European stocks close after upbeat earnings AFP - 15 hours ago
- FTSE 100 movers: AstraZeneca leads after revenue beats expectations Sharecast - 15 hours ago
AstraZeneca rose on the back of better-than-expected revenue growth of three per cent in the first quarter, driven by the pharmaceutical company's diabetes franchise. Shares were up despite earnings falling ...
- Over-50s insurer Saga preparing for London IPO Sharecast - 17 hours ago
Saga Group, the British insurance company serving the over-50s, is reported to be eyeing an initial public offering (IPO), in what is set to be the largest insurance listing in London in five years.
- Market overview: Standard Life to vote against Barclays remuneration report Sharecast - 18 hours ago
1342: At this morning's heated AGM in London Barclays investor Standard Life Investments said it will vote against the 2013 remuneration report.
- Beginners Portfolio: Apple Inc Confounds The Critics Fool.co.uk - 18 hours ago
We have good news from Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL) and GlaxoSmithKline (LON: GSK).
- London open: FTSE 100 rises after results from Apple, Facebook Sharecast - 22 hours ago
Apple, Facebook lift sentiment after results; FTSE 100 at highest since March 7th; Miners Anglo, ABG and Centamin rise.
- Apple could enter Dow Jones after stock split Sharecast - 22 hours ago
After Apple reported quarterly earnings that beat consensus estimates thanks to better-than-expected iPhone sales, markets began to shift gears and focus on its possible inclusion in the Dow Jones stock ...
- Thursday tips round-up: ABF, ARM Holdings Sharecast - 23 hours ago
Associated British Foods (ABF), one of the few remaining conglomerates on the FTSE 100, yesterday released a strong first half trading update, including a six per cent increase in pre-tax profits. That ...
- European shares bounce; Alstom jumps on M&A talk Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Apr 24, 2014 08:10 BST
European shares rose in early trade on Thursday, recouping most of the previous session's losses, with Alstom surging on merger and acquisition talk. Shares in the French firm jumped 16 percent following ...
- iPhone sales boost Apple profits as company beefs up buyback Sharecast - Thu, Apr 24, 2014 08:07 BST
Strong iPhone sales drive profit growth; 30bn dollars added to buyback programme; Dividend raised, stock split announced
- Apple takes steps to lift sagging stock price Associated Press - Thu, Apr 24, 2014 01:33 BST
Apple upstaged Wednesday's release of its fiscal second-quarter earnings by announcing plans to send more cash to its shareholders and split its stock for the first time in nine years. This is what Apple ...
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock Associated Press - Thu, Apr 24, 2014 01:11 BST
- Agios Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock Business Wire - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 23:56 BST
Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced the pricing of its underwritten public offering of 2,000,000 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $44.00 per share, before underwriting discounts.
- Enbridge Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividends Marketwired - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 21:15 BST
Enbridge Inc. Enbridge Inc.'s Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.35 per common share, payable on June 1, 2014 to shareholders of record on May 15, 2014. The amount of the dividend ...
- London close: FTSE ends slightly lower ahead of US earnings Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 20:30 BST
FTSE closes down 7.02 points at 6,674.74; Focus turns to Apple and Facebook earnings; UK public sector net borrowing falls
- Europe close: ECB's task getting more complicated, Barclays says Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 18:11 BST
European stocks remained under some slight selling pressure at the midday mark despite what in general terms was a better than expected reading on the Eurozone's manufacturing and service sectors.
- Insurer Saga could announce $5 bln London listing next week Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 18:06 BST
British over-50s insurer Saga is planning to announce its intention to float next week in a London stock market debut that could value the company at 3 billion pounds ($5.1 billion), two sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday. The share offer would be the UK's biggest insurance listing for at least five years, …
- Universal Bioenergy Announces It Considers Plans for Major Stock Buy Back of 566 Million Shares of Its Common Stock Marketwired - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 17:15 BST
Universal Bioenergy Inc., , a publicly traded independent diversified energy company that markets and distributes natural gas, petroleum, coal and electricity, announced it is considering making major ...
- SDRL - Mandatory notification of trade Thomson Reuters ONE - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 15:18 BST
Hamilton, Bermuda, April 23, 2014 - Seadrill Limited ("the Company") has through market purchases executed on April 22, repurchased 300,000 of the Company`s own common stock at an average price ...
- Entertainment Gaming Asia Receives NASDAQ Listing Deficiency Notice Business Wire - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 14:00 BST
Entertainment Gaming Asia Inc. , a gaming company focused on emerging gaming markets in Pan-Asia, today announced that o
- Bank of Montreal Announces Closing of $500 Million Preferred Share Issue Marketwired - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 13:21 BST
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES Bank of Montreal today announced it has closed its inaugural Basel III-compliant public offering of Non-Cumulative ...
- Aemetis Files Preliminary Proxy For Consent Solicitation to Approve 1-for-10 Reverse Stock Split Business Wire - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 13:00 BST
Aemetis, Inc. , a renewable fuels and biochemicals company with operating plants in California and India, today filed a preliminary proxy for a consent solicitation seeking approval from its stockholders for a 1-for-10 reverse stock split of Aemetis common stock in anticipation of listing on a national exchange.
- Europe open: Equities move lower after manufacturing reports Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:53 BST
European stocks have come under slight selling pressure early on following mixed readings on the manufacturing sector in France and Germany.
- Wednesday tips round-up: Astra Zeneca, Torotrak Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 12:03 BST
When a company says that it is willing to pay an over 30 per cent premium for one of its rivals, investors should sit up and take notice. Well, that's exactly what Pfizer did yesterday by offering to purchase ...
- China pork firm scales down HK listing on volatility concerns AFP - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:48 BST
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: Royal Dutch Shell Plc, BP plc and Rio Tinto plc Fool.co.uk - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 10:14 BST
Royal Dutch Shell Plc (LON:RDSB), BP plc (LON:BP) and Rio Tinto plc (LON:RIO) are heavyweight holdings of JP Morgan Claverhouse Investment Trust (LON:JCH).
- Credit Suisse sees substantial capital returns at Wolseley Sharecast - Wed, Apr 23, 2014 01:58 BST
Wolseley's share price was making gains on Wednesday after Credit Suisse upgraded the stock from 'neutral' to 'outperform', saying that it foresees substantial capital returns at the plumbing and building ...
- Greenlight Capital down 1.5 percent in first-quarter, warns of second 'tech bubble' Reuters - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 22:27 BST
"There is a clear consensus that we are witnessing our second tech bubble in 15 years," Greenlight said. "In our view, the current bubble is an echo of the previous tech bubble, but with fewer larger capitalization stocks and much less public enthusiasm." Greenlight admitted that the firm's ongoing short position in Keurig …
- Bar Harbor Bankshares Announces Three-for-Two Stock Split as a Large Stock Dividend and has Declared its Second Quarter Cash Dividend Business Wire - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 21:05 BST
Bar Harbor Bankshares the parent company of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, today announced that its Board of Directors declared a three-for-two split of its common stock payable in the form of a large stock dividend.
- Questor share tip: AstraZeneca jumps on bid talk Telegraph - Tue, Apr 22, 2014 20:33 BST
The pharmaceutical giants long term investment case has been underpinned by bid talk, says Questor