- India pitches for a ratings upgrade with Fitch - source Reuters - Thu, Mar 12, 2015 08:34 GMT
India has pitched for a sovereign credit rating upgrade with Fitch Ratings, after announcing its budget last month, a senior finance ministry source said. "India has taken several measures in the budget to cut fiscal deficit and promote investments. The rating agencies should consider upgrading sovereign credit rating," …
- Exclusive: GM capital plan may delay credit rating upgrade Reuters - Wed, Mar 11, 2015 20:09 GMT
General Motors Co’s (GM.N) decision this week to give back up to $10 billion to shareholders over the next two years will likely delay one of its important goals: achieving a top-tier credit rating that would benefit its growing auto finance unit. The No. 1 U.S. automaker has been building its GM Financial unit through …
- Fitch Affirms Telekom Malaysia at 'A-'; Outlook Negative Reuters - Thu, Mar 5, 2015 06:33 GMT
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE/SYDNEY, March 05 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Telekom Malaysia Berhad's (TM) Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating ...
- S&P cuts oil producer Afren's credit rating Reuters - UK Focus - Wed, Feb 4, 2015 18:35 GMT
Standard & Poor's cut its long-term corporate credit rating on Afren Plc to 'SD', or selective default, from 'CC', becoming the second major ratings agency to downgrade the oil producer in just over a ...
- Fitch Affirms Pacific & Orient Insurance at IFS 'BBB+'; Outlook Stable Reuters - Wed, Jan 28, 2015 07:24 GMT
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE/HONG KONG, January 28 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Malaysia-based Pacific & Orient Insurance Co. Berhad's (POI) Insurer Financial ...
- Moody's cuts UK retailer Tesco to "junk" Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, Jan 9, 2015 08:00 GMT
By Robert Smith NEW YORK, Jan 8 - Moody's Investors Service downgraded UK supermarket retailer Tesco to "junk" on Thursday, the first of the three major rating agencies to do so. Moody's cut ...
- Moody's cuts UK retailer Tesco to "junk" Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, Jan 8, 2015 21:02 GMT
By Natalie Harrison NEW YORK, Jan 8 - Moody's Investors Service downgraded UK supermarket retailer Tesco to "junk" on Thursday, the first of the three major rating agencies to do so. Moody's ...
- Pratibha Industries shares down; Crisil downgrades Reuters - Wed, Dec 3, 2014 04:39 GMT
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Pratibha Industries(PRTI.NS) fall 5.8 percent. Rating agency Crisil downgrades its long-term rating on Pratibha to BB + negative from BBB negative. The rating agency also ...
- Fitch Affirms Etiqa Insurance at IFS 'A'; Outlook Stable Reuters - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 09:53 GMT
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE/HONG KONG, November 17 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Malaysia-based Etiqa Insurance Berhad's (EIB) Insurer Financial Strength ...
- Fitch Affirms Etiqa Takaful at IFS 'A' Rating; Outlook Stable Reuters - Mon, Nov 17, 2014 09:50 GMT
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE/HONG KONG, November 17 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Malaysia-based Etiqa Takaful Berhad's (ETB) Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ...
- Fitch Affirms Genting Bhd and Genting Singapore at 'A-'/Stable Reuters - Fri, Jun 20, 2014 07:10 BST
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE, June 20 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Malaysia-based gaming conglomerate Genting Berhad's (Genting) Long-Term Foreign Currency ...
- Fitch Affirms 53 Asia-Pacific Energy and Utility Companies' Ratings Reuters - Wed, May 14, 2014 04:31 BST
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Fitch Affirms 53 Asia-Pacific Energy and Utility Companies' Ratings www.fitchratings.com /creditdesk/reports/report_frame.cfm?rpt_id=748316">http:// ...
- Moody's raises Cyprus outlook, confirms rating AFP - Sat, Mar 22, 2014 10:23 GMT
- Moody's raises German outlook to 'stable' Telegraph - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 23:43 GMT
Ratings agency believes there is less chance Germany will be called on to prop up weak eurozone economies
- Moody's raises Germany outlook to stable from negative AFP - Fri, Feb 28, 2014 22:44 GMT
- Fitch Assigns MEXIM's Sukuk Final 'A-' Rating Reuters - Wed, Feb 19, 2014 01:57 GMT
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE, February 18 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned Export Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad's (MEXIM) USD300m 2.874% sukuk due 2019 a final ...
- Fitch: Malaysia Budget Signals Reform, but Implementation is Key Reuters - Mon, Oct 28, 2013 05:05 GMT
HONG KONG/SINGAPORE, October 28 (Fitch) The Malaysian government's restatement of its commitment to lowering the Federal Government deficit, and introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST), are potentially ...
- Fitch Rates Maybank's Floating Rate Notes Final 'A-' Reuters - Mon, Sep 23, 2013 06:01 BST
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE, September 23 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned Malayan Banking Berhad's (Maybank) HKD1.55bn floating rate notes, issued under the ...
- Fitch: APAC CPO Plantation Companies Face Potential Demand Slowdown Reuters - Wed, Sep 11, 2013 01:01 BST
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Crude Palm Oil Dashboard H213 www.fitchratings.com /creditdesk/reports/report_frame.cfm?rpt_id=717736">http:// ...
- A 'disorderly' bursting of biggest bond bubble in history is biggest risk to financial stability, say BoE's Andy Haldane Telegraph - Wed, Jun 12, 2013 16:53 BST
Andy Haldane, the Bank of England's executive director for financial stability, believes the biggest risk to the global financial system is a "disorderly" bursting of the bond bubble created ...
- 10 tips for making money from antiques Telegraph - Wed, Jun 12, 2013 10:52 BST
Big returns are possible from antique collecting. One family tells how a £19.95 terracotta figurine bought an eBay is now worth £800.
- Vodafone bids for Kabel Deutschland in TV and cost-cutting move Telegraph - Wed, Jun 12, 2013 10:22 BST
Vodafone has mounted a bid for Kabel Deutschland, Germany’s biggest cable company, as part of its plan to shore up its European businesses with pay TV assets and cost cutting.
- FirstGroup in the spotlight Telegraph - Tue, Jun 11, 2013 20:18 BST
Investec upgraded its recommendation on the bus and rail group today.
- Boeing: World Needs 35,280 New Jet Aircraft Sky News - Tue, Jun 11, 2013 14:41 BST
- India rupee hits new record low against dollar AFP - Tue, Jun 11, 2013 07:21 BST
- Apple jumps into streaming with iTunes Radio AFP - Mon, Jun 10, 2013 23:53 BST
- Yen falls ahead of Bank of Japan meeting AFP - Mon, Jun 10, 2013 23:46 BST
- Apple chief Tim Cook unveils 'biggest change to operating system since the iPhone' Telegraph - Mon, Jun 10, 2013 21:49 BST
Apple has unveiled new-look software for its phones and tablets, in a move that chief executive Tim Cook said was “the biggest change to iOS since the iPhone”.
- European stocks diverge on Chinese data, US rating AFP - Mon, Jun 10, 2013 20:03 BST
- S&P raises US rating outlook to stable AFP - Mon, Jun 10, 2013 16:15 BST
- European stocks wobble on poor Chinese data, US rating AFP - Mon, Jun 10, 2013 15:07 BST
- Eurozone crisis is over, says France's Hollande AFP - Sun, Jun 9, 2013 15:11 BST
French President Francois Hollande speaks during a press conference at Institut Francais du Japon in Tokyo on June 8, 2013. The crippling debt crisis that has ravaged Europe for years is finished, Hollande ...
- BSkyB in broadband price war with BT over new sports offer Telegraph - Sat, Jun 8, 2013 19:41 BST
BSkyB is to announce significant price cuts to its broadband packages in direct response to competition from BT Sport.
- Did politicians fix the Co-op Lloyds deal? Telegraph - Sat, Jun 8, 2013 18:51 BST
The plot has thickened around why the Co-operative Group's bid for 631 Lloyds Banking Group branches fell apart.
- Business news and markets: as it happened, June 7, 2013 Telegraph - Fri, Jun 7, 2013 08:35 BST
While the US added 175,000 jobs last month, the unemployment rate edged higher to 7.6pc, leaving stock and currency markets unsure of how to interpret the data.