- Trump's View of U.S. Economy Is Flawed, Says Posen @ Bloomberg - 6 minutes ago
- Sanofi earnings beat view, lifts outlook Reuters - 7 minutes ago
- Dollar sticks near three-month highs after breaking past ¥105 @ MarketWatch - 7 minutes ago
A rise in U.S. bond yields and the release of economic data supporting the case for an increase in U.S interest rates strengthened the greenback overnight.
- UBS sees tough markets ahead as third-quarter profit drops Reuters - 9 minutes ago
Swiss bank UBS (UBSG.S) maintained its gloomy outlook on market conditions after third-quarter net profit plummeted and it increased provisions for litigation costs related to mis-selling of mortgage-backed securities. "Underlying macroeconomic uncertainty and geopolitical tensions continued to contribute to client risk …
- Posen: Nothing Good Can Come From Brexit @ Bloomberg - 10 minutes ago
- Japan Sept consumer prices fall, weak spending clouds outlook Reuters - 11 minutes ago
Japan's core consumer prices fell for a seventh straight month and household spending slumped in September, endorsing the central bank's view it will take some time for inflation to accelerate to its 2 percent target as the economy stagnates. While the sluggish indicators come as little surprise to policymakers, Friday's …
- SNP AG Remains on Track for Growth EQS Group - 15 minutes ago
- Bond yields up, stocks sag on enhanced U.S. rate hike prospects Reuters - 17 minutes ago
- RBS Posts Third-Quarter Loss on Restructuring, Litigation Costs @ Bloomberg - 22 minutes ago
Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, Britain’s biggest government-owned lender, swung to a loss in the third quarter as the bank took 894 million pounds ($1.09 billion) in charges for restructuring and litigation....
- Why a weak pound is great news for UK investors Fool.co.uk - 24 minutes ago
Here's why the pound's plunge could boost your investment returns.
- Bank of England's Mark Carney Prepares His Own Brexit @ Bloomberg - 25 minutes ago
- Fairpoint Group plc: Payment of deferred consideration pursuant to the acquisition of Simpson Millar LLP EQS Group - 25 minutes ago
- Bond yields up, stocks sag on enhanced US rate hike prospects Reuters - 25 minutes ago
Stocks sagged on Friday as global bond yields surged and pulled the dollar to three-month highs versus the yen, after the latest batch of U.S. data increased chances for a near-term interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve. Upbeat U.S. data including jobless claims, manufacturing activity and pending home sales strengthened …
- 10 things you need to know in markets today @ Business Insider UK - 34 minutes ago
- [$$] LivingSocial Sale Caps Soured Bets on Daily Deals @ The Wall Street Journal - 37 minutes ago
Groupon’s acquisition of once-hot rival LivingSocial underscores the enormous losses of venture-capital investors caught up in the daily-deals craze.
- UBS and BNP Report Profits Despite Low Interest Rates @ Bloomberg - 47 minutes ago
- Jury awards more than $70M to woman in baby powder lawsuit Associated Press - 53 minutes ago
- Gold rises as Asia stocks ease; U.S. GDP data in focus Reuters - 55 minutes ago
Gold rose on Friday as the dollar held steady near a three-month high and with Asian stocks subdued, staying on track for a second straight weekly gain ahead of the U.S. third-quarter GDP data expected later in the day. Spot gold was up 0.3 percent at $1,270.91 an ounce at 0430 GMT. U.S. gold futures rose 0.2 percent …
- French Economy Grows in Stop-Start Expansion That Lags Peers @ Bloomberg - 55 minutes ago
- Crisis at Venezuela’s PDVSA deepens as Caribbean debts pile up Reuters - 56 minutes ago
Unpaid debts and broken promises are making Venezuelan oil giant PDVSA an outcast in several Caribbean countries where it had been a guest of honor. The state-run company's crumbling finances are causing operational disruptions across one of its most essential regions, according to internal company documents, six sources …
- Exclusive: EpiPen price hikes add millions to Pentagon costs Reuters - 57 minutes ago
NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Mylan NV's price hikes on EpiPens have added millions to U.S. Department of Defense spending since 2008 as the agency covered more prescriptions for the lifesaving allergy shot at near retail prices, government data provided to Reuters shows. Pentagon spending rose to $57 million over the …
- Mylan EpiPen: One piece of a complicated U.S. pricing system Reuters - 57 minutes ago
A Reuters review of government data found that Mylan's price hikes on the lifesaving allergy shot have increased spending for the U.S. Defense Department, based on its arrangements for covering drug costs. Among those without insurance, some pay full retail price, while others get coupons from drugmakers that reduce it. …
- Facebook executives feel the heat of content controversies Reuters - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
SAN FRANCISCO/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After Facebook's removal of an iconic Vietnam war photo stirred an international uproar last month, the social network's executives quickly backtracked and cleared its publication. Trainers told content-monitoring staffers that the photo violated Facebook policy, despite its historical …
- Consumers, exports seen buoying U.S. third-quarter GDP growth Reuters - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
U.S. economic growth likely accelerated in the third quarter as consumers maintained a strong pace of spending and exports surged, potentially keeping the Federal Reserve on track to raise interest rates in December. In addition to support from consumer spending and exports, the economy is also expected to have received …
- SE Asia Stocks-Philippines slides as Duterte's rants dampen sentiment Reuters - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
By Sandhya Sampath Oct 28 (Reuters) - Most Southeast Asian stock markets were lower on Friday, in line with broader Asia, led by Philippines which posted declines for the seventh session in a row as President ...
- UBS sees tough markets ahead as Q3 profit drops Reuters - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
Swiss bank UBS maintained its gloomy outlook on market conditions after third-quarter net profit plummeted and it increased provisions for litigation costs related to mis-selling of mortgage-backed securities. "Underlying macroeconomic uncertainty and geopolitical tensions continued to contribute to client risk aversion …
- AB InBev Reports Surprise Earnings Drop on Brazil Slump @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 15 minutes ago
- Clinton has 4 times as much cash as Trump heading into election's final days CNBC - 1 hour 17 minutes ago
Hillary Clinton entered the final U.S. presidential election push with a huge cash advantage over rival Donald Trump.
- US banks might outperform their European peers, but there’s cause for comfort than concern CNBC - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
While the European banks struggle to keep their share price stable, their counterparts at the Wall Street seem to be doing a much better job.
- World’s oldest parliament poised for radical Pirates to takeover CNBC - 1 hour 21 minutes ago
The world is preparing for the first ever Pirate-led government with Icelandic citizens heading to the ballot box this Sunday.
- BNP Profit Rises, Beating Estimates, Buoyed by Debt Trading @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
- EM ASIA FX-U.S. tightening prospects slap Asia FX, bonds; won hits 3-1/2-month low Reuters - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
* Bond outflows, Korea political scandal hurt won * Yuan rebounds, but on course for 4th weekly slide (Adds text, updates prices) By Jongwoo Cheon SINGAPORE, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Most emerging Asian currencies ...
- After third-quarter revenue drop, Baidu warns China ad curbs to hit fourth-quarter harder Reuters - 1 hour 24 minutes ago
Chinese internet search giant Baidu Inc (BIDU.O) warned investors fourth-quarter revenue will slide, hitting shares, as a government crackdown on healthcare advertising that tipped the firm into its first-ever quarterly sales drop bites even harder. Baidu said revenue could slip as much as 4.6 percent in the October-December …
- Nemetschek Group maintains high growth pace in the third quarter and considerably increases revenue and profitability EQS Group - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
- BNP Paribas beats on revenues and profit with boost from bond trading unit CNBC - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
The French bank BNP Paribas reported better-than-expected net profit and revenues in the third quarter of this year on Friday, supported by its fixed income unit.