- If 1 lens on a phone camera is good, are 2 better? Associated Press - 3 minutes 5 seconds ago
- The Prudent Speculator's Undervalued Favorites @ Forbes - 5 minutes ago
The list is meant to serve as a portfolio foundation for new long-term investors and as a pick-list for folks already maintaining well-diversified holdings.
- [$$] BankUnited CEO to Retire, Operating Chief Named to Top Post @ The Wall Street Journal - 6 minutes ago
BankUnited’s chief operating officer will become chief executive next year, succeeding John A. Kanas, the New York banker who led the bank’s comeback following the financial crisis.
- NorthCoast Finds Value In Emerging Market, Europe ETFs Amid New S&P 500 High @ Investor's Business Daily - 7 minutes ago
- Chelsea agree to re-sign Luiz, City clear decks on deadline day AFP - 8 minutes ago
- Feds sue to block Deere’s purchase of Monsanto farming-equipment line @ MarketWatch - 8 minutes ago
The Justice Department on Wednesday filed a lawsuit challenging Deere & Co.’s planned acquisition of a high-tech farming equipment line from Monsanto Co., saying the deal would suppress competition for ...
- AP Newsbreak: Ritz's office backed app deal without bidding Associated Press - 10 minutes ago
- [$$] New Tracking Stock Offers Cheap Play on VMware @ Barrons.com - 13 minutes ago
The newly created tracking stock for VMware that will be issued by Dell as part of its $58 billion deal to buy EMC looks like a cheap way for investors to play VMware. Shares of the tracking stock, Dell Technologies Class V (DVMTV), have been trading in the when-issued market for about two weeks and now changes hands at …
- JetBlue CEO ranks first flight to Cuba among airline’s proudest moments @ MarketWatch - 13 minutes ago
CEO Robin Hayes: ‘This is definitely one of the proudest moments in JetBlue’s history.’
- Indian-Americans, 'Horsetown USA' clash over building plans Associated Press - 13 minutes ago
- Tesla plans to raise funds this year to tackle cash crunch Reuters - 14 minutes ago
The electric carmaker plans to raise money through an equity or debt offering, it said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Some of that money could also support Tesla's planned acquisition of its money-losing sister company, SolarCity Corp. Tesla Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk had warned the …
- EU's Apple ruling 'step backward' in fighting tax abuse, former IRS leader says CNBC - 15 minutes ago
The European Union's fight for Apple's tax money may actually create setbacks for tax reform, a former U.S. tax authority told CNBC.
- Trump Seeks to Find Common Ground With Mexico's Nieto @ Bloomberg - 16 minutes ago
- McDonald's says its president of US operations is retiring Associated Press - 16 minutes ago
NEW YORK (AP) — McDonald's says the president of its U.S. business is retiring after about two years on the job, marking the latest executive change as the fast-food giant tries to reinvent itself by bringing in a relative outsider to lead its flagship region.
- McDonald's names new U.S. president Reuters - 17 minutes ago
- Police look into whether sun glare was factor in kayak crash Associated Press - 19 minutes ago
- Business Highlights Associated Press - 21 minutes ago
___ Historic commercial flight from US lands in Cuba The first commercial flight between the United States and Cuba in more than a half century landed Wednesday, re-establishing regular air service severed ...
- [$$] Box Lifts Guidance, but Higher Spending Drives Another Quarterly Loss @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 minutes ago
Box Inc. said its revenue climbed 30% in its latest quarter, though the software maker posted another loss as it spends to grow its business.
- BP OKs Whiting refinery Tier 3 hydrotreater Reuters - 25 minutes ago
BP Plc's (BP.L) 413,500 barrel per day (bpd) Whiting, Indiana refinery has received corporate approval to build a new hydrotreater to meet Tier 3 gasoline standards that will be required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, according to a local media report. Once it is constructed, the hydrotreater will enable …
- Wells Fargo, Amazon end deal to offer discounted student loans Reuters - 25 minutes ago
Under the deal announced on July 21, Wells Fargo had agreed to shave half a percentage point from its interest rate on student loans to Amazon "Prime Student" subscribers, who also get benefits such as free two-day shipping and access to movies, television shows and photo storage. Amazon spokeswoman Deborah Bass also confirmed …
- Microsoft Tickler File Alert: Intel's New 'Kaby Lake' Chip Will Only Support Windows 10 @ Forbes - 26 minutes ago
Intel 'Kaby Lake' 7th Generation Core process. (Credit: Anandtech via Intel) As Intel's Kaby Lake processor rolls out in the coming months, it's helpful to remember it comes with a big asterisk. That asterisk is, if you're running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, you should not buy a new PC with Intel's 7th Generation
- Billionaire Ken Fisher says this is the most ‘joyless’ bull market in history @ MarketWatch - 27 minutes ago
The bull market in stocks may be aging, but likely has much more time to run—just don’t look for investors to jump for joy about it, said billionaire investor Ken Fisher.
- The cost of being Gisele’s neighbor and the talk to have with your kids before college @ MarketWatch - 28 minutes ago
Wednesday’s top personal finance stories
- All Immigrants Deserve a Court Hearing. Period. @ Bloomberg - 30 minutes ago
- [$$] Deutsche Bank Weighs Stronger Medicine @ The Wall Street Journal - 30 minutes ago
As Deutsche Bank’s woes mount, executives are looking at ways to speed up its revamp, including selling all or part of a key business. One idea considered was a merger with Germany’s Commerzbank, but that ...
- American Delays Target to Integrate US Airways Flight Attendants @ Bloomberg - 32 minutes ago
- U.S. sees more room for fiscal boost globally Reuters - 32 minutes ago
The U.S. Treasury believes there is more room for governments to use fiscal policy to boost growth, and will take that message to next week's Group of 20 meeting in China, Under Secretary for International Affairs Nathan Sheets said on Wednesday. Sheets told Bloomberg Television that countries outside the United States …
- Tough economic outlook in Brazil after president removed Associated Press - 33 minutes ago
- Salesforce.com Earnings Top Estimates, But Guidance Soft @ Investor's Business Daily - 34 minutes ago
- Op-Ed: Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president CNBC - 36 minutes ago
Trump just got a presidential-looking shot in the arm from perhaps the one foreign leader we least expected to give it to him, says Jake Novak — Mexico's president.
- One Year On: Westfield Bespoke, The Retail Tech Space Piloted In San Francisco, Is Winning @ Forbes - 36 minutes ago
Westfield Bespoke is a community based on those exploring how shopping evolves at the hands of technology - a year since launch it's not only brought in significant traffic to the mall but is helping to determine future retail needs.
- Donald Trump Calls Illegal Immigration a Humanitarian Disaster @ Bloomberg - 36 minutes ago
- Flattening yield curve casts shadow over bank rally @ MarketWatch - 36 minutes ago
Financial shares led the market in August, boosted by rising expectations of an imminent interest-rate hike—but their advance could be short lived, analysts said.
- Energy shares fall on oil decline; U.S. yields post monthly surge Reuters - 40 minutes ago
U.S. and European shares fell on Wednesday as a drop in oil prices weighed on energy stocks, while two-year U.S. Treasury yields ended August with the biggest monthly increase since November on growing expectations the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates. Oil prices tumbled to more than two-week lows, with U.S. crude …
- Trump says he and Mexican president didn’t discuss border-wall payment @ MarketWatch - 41 minutes ago
Donald Trump said he and Mexico’s president discussed a proposed wall on the U.S. southern border but did not talk about who would pay for it during a meeting on Wednesday.