- Bill O'Reilly is not pleased with accommodations at the first presidential debate Business Insider - 9 minutes ago
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly is not pleased with his accommodations at the first presidential...
- Madison Avenue Tries to Piggyback on Presidential Debate Fever @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 minutes ago
Advertisers hope to reach the millions of Americans expected to tune into the first presidential debate with clever commercials, some of which are politically themed.
- China's Wanda eyeing Golden Globes producer: reports AFP - 12 minutes ago
- Apple iPhone 7 Sales Hide A Serious Problem @ Forbes - 15 minutes ago
What if people fall out of love with the iPhone and stop buying Apple's smartphone? With so much of Apple's business built around the handsets, any sustained fall in sales would not be welcome inside Cupertino. Unfortunately for Apple the evidence points to just that scenario.
- [$$] Palantir Sued Over Alleged Hiring Discrimination @ The Wall Street Journal - 18 minutes ago
Palantir Technologies has discriminated systematically against Asian job applicants since at least January 2010, the U.S. Department of Labor said in a lawsuit filed Monday.
- [$$] China's Wanda Group in Talks to Acquire Dick Clark Productions @ The Wall Street Journal - 21 minutes ago
Billionaire Wang Jianlin is in discussions to acquire control of Dick Clark Productions at a valuation of up to $1 billion through his Dalian Wanda Group Co., according to people with knowledge of the ...
- Feds accuse Silicon Valley firm of hiring bias Associated Press - 22 minutes ago
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The U.S. Department of Labor has filed a lawsuit accusing a fast-growing Silicon Valley software company of systematically discriminating against Asian job applicants.
- Climate change may be irreversible @ Business Insider UK - 26 minutes ago
Current greenhouse gas concentrations could warm the world 3-7℃ (and on average 5℃) over coming millennia. The research, by Carolyn Snyder, reconstructed temperatures over the past 2 million years. By investigating the link between carbon dioxide and temperature in the past, Snyder made new projections for the future …
- The university hosting tonight's debate is warning reporters not to bypass $200 WiFi charges Business Insider - 26 minutes ago
Reporters covering tonight's presidential debate from Long Island's Hofstra University were met...
- Trump reportedly directed $2.3 million owed to him to his tax-exempt foundation CNBC - 32 minutes ago
Donald Trump told companies that owed him money to pay it instead to his tax-exempt foundation, according to The Washington Post.
- [$$] Disney Considers Offer for Twitter @ The Wall Street Journal - 33 minutes ago
Walt Disney on Monday emerged as another potential bidder for Twitter Inc., the struggling social-media service, people familiar with the matter said.
- Musk-Controlled SolarCity Sued by Cogenra and Khosla Ventures @ Bloomberg - 33 minutes ago
- Blue Apron Said to Be in Talks With Banks for Initial Offering @ Bloomberg - 34 minutes ago
- Entire Clinton-Trump clash tonight will last as long as a single response at Lincoln-Douglas debates @ MarketWatch - 35 minutes ago
What’s widely assumed, and lamented, is that political debate in America will never again approach the soaring level of those famed 19th-century face-offs between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas. What’s ...
- Feds accuse secretive Silicon Valley startup Palantir of discrimination against Asians Business Insider - 36 minutes ago
The Department of Labor is suing Palantir, a secretive Silicon Valley startup that provides data...
- There’s a glaring mistake on the official tickets for the Hofstra University presidential debate Business Insider - 38 minutes ago
The official tickets for Monday’s presidential debate had an unfortunate mistake: Hillary...
- Kristaps Porzingis is leaning on a simple advantage going into the season after a breakout rookie year — his experience @ Business Insider UK - 40 minutes ago
Kristaps Porzingis believes he's entering his second season in the NBA a wiser player. After a breakout rookie season for the New York Knicks, Porzingis enters his second season with high expectations. Speaking from the Knicks media day in White Plains, New York, on Monday, Porzingis said he thinks he has a simple advantage …
- [$$] UBeam Hires Larry Pendergrass as SVP Engineering @ The Wall Street Journal - 40 minutes ago
The wireless-charging startup continues to hire even after its former engineering VP wrote a series of skeptical posts about its technology
- Retirement planning for women @ MarketWatch - 46 minutes ago
Women face particular challenges when planning for retirement. The good news is that women tend to invest and save in a way that bodes well for their retirement success.
- Asia set to open lower; all eyes on Trump vs Clinton CNBC - 52 minutes ago
Asia markets were set to open lower Tuesday, tracking U.S. losses amid a rise in volatility, with all eyes on the U.S. Presidential debate.
- Full Show: With All Due Respect (09/26/16) @ Bloomberg - 53 minutes ago
- When deals go bad - China state firm managers spooked by new liability rules Reuters - 53 minutes ago
Business development managers at Chinese state-owned firms have been put on notice: mess up on M&A deals and you can be held personally liable - for life. Under new rules unveiled by China's State Council, or cabinet, last month, managers will be held accountable if they "fail to, or incorrectly, perform their duties" …
- [$$] Rice Energy to Buy Private Equity-Backed Vantage for $2.7 Billion Including Debt @ The Wall Street Journal - 59 minutes ago
Vantage’s holdings include about 85,000 acres in the Marcellus Shale.
- Job ads show Uber expanding meal deliveries in 24 countries Reuters - 1 hour 0 minutes ago
Uber [UBER.UL] is making a broad international push into meal delivery, with fresh hiring and aggressive marketing as it prepares to take on local rivals in dozens of countries. In a sign of growing ambition beyond its taxi business, Uber is gearing up to deliver meals in Amsterdam this week just as Takeaway.com (IPO-TAAY.AS), …
- Official: One-third of calls to VA suicide hotline roll over Associated Press - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
- [$$] Cerberus's Steward Health Care to Get $1.25 Billion from Medical Properties Trust @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 4 minutes ago
The investment includes a sale-and-leaseback arrangement of its real estate properties and an equity investment.
- Most Asian Equity Futures Drop Amid Haven Revival Before Debate @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
- Higher Discontinuations Are among Orkambi’s Concerns @ Market Realist - 1 hour 5 minutes ago
Despite a slower launch of the drug in Germany, Orkambi is expected to generate $1 billion–$1.1 billion in 2016.
- How Crude Oil, Natural Gas Weigh on Hess @ Market Realist - 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Hess's (HES) revenue growth has been negative for the past 13 quarters, mostly because of lower realized crude oil (UWTI) and natural gas (FCG) prices.
- [$$] Lands' End CEO Federica Marchionni Is Pushed Out @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
Federica Marchionni was forced out as chief executive of Lands’ End, capping a tumultuous 19 months on the job in which she tried to fashion broad changes at the catalog retailer that roiled employees ...
- Global stocks falter as US presidential debate looms AFP - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
- AfDB Seeks Investors for Tanzania’s $7.6-Billion Railway Line @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
- London Mayor Khan Urges Labour to Win Cities in Push for Power @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
- Cramer: The one part of the whole energy complex I dislike CNBC - 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Jim Cramer gives his opinion on various caller stocks, including the one segment of the oil patch he dislikes.
- Business Consultants Are Having a Great Brexit @ Bloomberg - 1 hour 9 minutes ago