Summary CKD is a chronic condition in which patients suffer from an irreversible and progressive loss in renal function over many months or years, ultimately resulting in end-stage renal disease and the requirement for renal replacement therapy.
New York, May 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) induced Hyperparathyroidism (HPT), Hyperphosphatemia (HP), and Hyperkalemia (HK) - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2030" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06073070/?utm_source=GNW
CKD manifests when both kidneys are damaged sufficiently to hinder the removal of metabolic products from the body and the ability to provide mineral balance.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that approximately 96% of people with kidney damage or mild to moderate reduced kidney function are oblivious to having CKD.
The global CKD- HPT, HP & HK market 2020 sales is estimated at approximately $2.8B across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. By 2030, The analyst expects the overall market to grow at a moderate compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% to reach sales of $5.5B over the 10-year period. Sales figures were forecast for both branded and generic drugs, from 2020 base year to 2030. The total market size for the 7MM (the “global market”) in 2020 was $2.8B, with $1.9 attributed to HPT, $846M to HP, and $93M to HK. The analyst expects that the total combined HPT, HP, and HK drug market will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.9% over the 10-year forecast period, resulting in a market value of $5.5 by 2030.
Over the 10-year forecast period, the CKD market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9%, reaching around $5.5B in 2030. The major driver for this growth will be the increased use of drugs from different classes in combination with each other, which will lead to increased treatment costs. According to KOLs, combination therapy will become a mainstay in CKD treatment during the forecast period. This, in turn, will be the major driver of the market, despite the patent expirations of most currently marketed drugs and generic erosion.
Overall, the greatest unmet need in the CKD space is for novel drugs with curative or disease-stabilizing properties.The currently available drugs work in delaying disease progression.
However, there is no marketed drug that addresses the underlying disease mechanism.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Despite the existence of numerous well-established treatment options in the CKD- HPT, HP &HK space, a few—yet significant—unmet needs remain.
- Which unmet needs are the most pressing in the 7MM?
- Where should pharmaceutical companies focus drug development efforts in order to become a significant player in the space?
The CKD- HPT, HP &HK market hasn’t seen novel drug launches, though, clinical development activity has picked up.
- What are the most promising late-stage candidates and how much they expected to generate over the forecast period?
- What do KOLs say about their clinical and commercial positioning?
Although there is currently no cure for CKD- HPT, HP &HK, small companies are developing drugs to target new pathways.
- Which have been historically the companies leading the way?
- What new companies are emerging in the space?
- The proportion of people at risk of developing CKD- HPT, HP & HK expected to increase over the 10-year forecast period due to the growing disease prevalence.
- The potential launch of 5 late-stage pipeline agents will increase the number of patients who can be offered pharmacological treatment options. In addition, three of these drugs in late-stage development are expected to have a high annual cost of therapy (ACOT), a factor that will contribute to notable profitability.
- Despite multiple therapies currently available to CKD- HPT,HP & HK patients, there is still a high level of unmet need within the treatment space. The most recognizable is the need for novel therapies targeting new mechanisms and improving access to novel therapies.
- Overview of Chronic Kidney Disease- HPT, HP & HK including epidemiology, disease etiology and management.
- Topline CKD- HPT, HP & HK drugs market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and anticipated sales for major late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Key topics covered include assessment of current and pipeline therapies, unmet needs, current and future players and market outlook for the US, 5U and Japan over the 10-year forecast period.
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global CKD- HPT, HP & HK therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
Reasons to Buy
The report will enable you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CKD- HPT, HP & HK therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global CKD- HPT, HP & HK market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global CKD- HPT, HP& HK therapeutics market from 2020-2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06073070/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001