Dublin, Sept. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Cold Storage Global Market Report 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global cold storage market is expected to grow from $123.43 billion in 2021 to $141.39 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.6%. The cold storage market is expected to reach $260.01 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 16.5%.
North America was the largest region in the cold storage market in 2021. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in the forecast period. The regions covered in the cold storage market report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The rising perishable products are expected to propel the growth of the cold storage market going forward. Perishable products are those that easily deteriorate and have a short life span, which includes products such as fruits and vegetables, dairy products, pharmaceuticals, and others. The growing trade of perishables compels the cold storage market to provide better quality products to serve their customers.
For instance, according to a report published by the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations in 2021, global milk production reached 906 million tonnes in 2020, which has risen approximately 0.2% from 2019. Another article by the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, an intergovernmental organization of 38 member countries, said that total meat production in 2020 is approximately 134 megatons, which is 1.2% more than in 2019. Therefore, the rise in the trade of perishables will increase the demand for cold storage.
Advancements in technologies are a key trend gaining popularity in the cold storage market. Major companies operating in the cold storage market are using new technologies such as automation in warehouses, taller warehouses with temperature control, and others to sustain their position in the market.
For instance, in May 2021, Vertical Cold Storage, a US-based temperature-controlled and dry storage facility provider, unveiled its new cold storage facility, Vertical Cold facilities. The Vertical Cold Facilities contain the most reliable automation in the industry along with cost-effective refrigeration facilities that use green practices and improve performance through decision-making technology.
In November 2019, Americold Logistics LLC, a US-based temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation company, acquired Nova Cold Logistics for a deal amount of approximately CAD 337 million ($253 million). This acquisition provides Americold with new warehousing facilities that include voice inventory management technology and temperature-controlled docking systems.
Americold believes that Nova Cold would enhance its position as a global owner of temperature-controlled infrastructure and get access to new regional and local customers. Nova Cold is a Canada-based provider of cold storage facilities.
1) By Type: Private and Semi-Private; Public
2) By Construction: Bulk Storage; Production Stores; Ports
3) By Temperature: Frozen; Chilled
4) By Application: Fruits and Vegetables; Dairy; Fish, Meat and Seafood; Processed Food; Pharmaceuticals; Other Applications
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Cold Storage Market Characteristics
3. Cold Storage Market Trends And Strategies
4. Impact Of COVID-19 On Cold Storage
5. Cold Storage Market Size And Growth
6. Cold Storage Market Segmentation
7. Cold Storage Market Regional And Country Analysis
8. Asia-Pacific Cold Storage Market
9. China Cold Storage Market
10. India Cold Storage Market
11. Japan Cold Storage Market
12. Australia Cold Storage Market
13. Indonesia Cold Storage Market
14. South Korea Cold Storage Market
15. Western Europe Cold Storage Market
16. UK Cold Storage Market
17. Germany Cold Storage Market
18. France Cold Storage Market
19. Eastern Europe Cold Storage Market
20. Russia Cold Storage Market
21. North America Cold Storage Market
22. USA Cold Storage Market
23. South America Cold Storage Market
24. Brazil Cold Storage Market
25. Middle East Cold Storage Market
26. Africa Cold Storage Market
27. Cold Storage Market Competitive Landscape And Company Profiles
28. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Cold Storage Market
29. Cold Storage Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
Americold Logistics LLC
Cloverleaf Cold Storage
VersaCold Logistics Services
Henningsen Cold Storage
Lineage Logistics Holdings
United States Cold Storage
Agro Merchants Group
Conestoga Cold Storage
DHL International GmbH
XPO Logistics Inc.
Penske Logistics Inc.
Trenton Cold Storage
Merchants Terminal Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lbkemr
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood,Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900