Dark Fiber Network Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Fiber Type (Single Mode, Multi-mode), By Network Type (Metro, Long-haul), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028
New York, May 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Dark Fiber Network Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Fiber Type, By Network Type, By Application, By Region And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06075848/?utm_source=GNW
Dark Fiber Network Market Growth & Trends
The global dark fiber network market size is estimated to reach USD 10.05 billion by 2028, according to the new report. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2021 to 2028. The dark fiber has emerged as a sustainable solution for various organizations that are focusing on enhanced communication and network management. Continuously increasing penetration of internet services, over the period, has paved the way for the high demand for internet bandwidth. This demand is expected to remain rampant over the forecast period. This is the most significant factor responsible for market growth across the globe. The market is strongly supported by the companies with a high reliance on internet connectivity. These networks are highly beneficial for organizations with a high volume of data flow in their operation. These benefits include reduced network latency, scalability, reliability, and enhanced security.
In fiber-optic communications, fiber optic cables that are not yet put in service by a provider or carrier, are termed as dark fiber or unlit fiber.Network communications and telecom usually use the network, and currently, there are lots of dark fiber cables across the globe.
In regular fiber networks, information is sent through the cables in light pulses. Whereas, dark fiber networks are known to be ‘dark’ as no light or data is transmitted from it.
Dark fiber networks can be installed and set-up using point-to-multipoint or point-to-point configurations.Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) is an essential factor for the improvement and development of dark fiber networks.
DWDM occurs when many data signals are transmitted using the same optical fiber at the same time.Although these signals are transmitted around the same time, they are transmitted at separate and unique wavelengths to keep these data signals separate.
The significant benefits of DWDM include an increase in bandwidth of the optical fiber, high-quality internet performance, lightning-fast internet, and secure and powerful network.
Dark fiber networks are not just used for business purposes but can be installed beneath land and oceans.Some of the interesting uses cases of dark fiber include earthquake research and to monitor permafrost.
Amongst many advantages, some of the disadvantages of the dark fiber network include high initial cost and loss of time in setting up your infrastructure and high repairing and maintenance costs. Similarly, large dark fiber networks are currently available at metropolitan cities only and yet to at small cities and towns.
Dark Fiber Network Market Report Highlights
• The significant benefits of DWDM include an increase in bandwidth of the optical fiber, high-quality internet performance, lightning-fast internet, and secure and powerful network
• Telecommunication is anticipated to present promising growth prospects due to growing adoption of the 5G technology in communication and data transmission services
• Medical and military and aerospace application segments are poised to witness significant growth, attributed to increasing adoption of optic technology devices
• Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth owing to technological advancements and large-scale adoption of the technology in the IT and telecommunication and administrative sectors
• The key market players include AT&T, Inc.; Colt Group SA; Comcast Corporation; Consolidated Communications; Interoute Communications Ltd.; Level 3 Communications, Inc. (CenturyLink, Inc.); NTT Communications; and Verizon Communications, Inc.
• The report provides lease pricing estimations for the year 2020 for both metro and non-metro regions for prominent countries. These price estimations are provided for various dark fiber distance brackets
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06075848/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001