- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
DGAP-News: DATAGROUP SE / Key word(s): Investment
DATAGROUP Acquires a Stake in URANO Informationssysteme GmbH
DATAGROUP strengthens footprint in Rhineland-Palatinate and Hesse by taking a stake in URANO, a large mid-market IT service provider.
URANO has roughly 300 employees providing IT services for private sector and public sector organizations. The company is expected to generate revenues of some EUR 50m in the current fiscal year (01.01.-31.12.2021). URANO serves a variety of customers headquartered in Germany. For many years, the company has been a reliable partner for public authorities in Rhineland-Palatinate and Hesse and recently provided significant support in setting up and running the vaccination centers in Hesse. This customer structure ideally supplements DATAGROUP's focus on predominantly Mittelstand companies and complements it in regional terms.
"The participation is another logical step in the development of DATAGROUP. URANO is a perfect addition to the group, and it has very good access to the authorities of the federal states of Rhineland-Palatinate and Hesse. We hope that URANO will provide significant growth momentum but also a much better regional footprint in the Rhine-Main region", comments Max H.-H. Schaber, CEO of DATAGROUP.
Andreas Krafft, former majority owner and founder of URANO, comments: "In DATAGROUP we have found a partner who has the necessary scale and, at the same time, is a mid-market business with an owner-managed culture. This transaction has created the ideal conditions to further accelerate the strong growth of the two companies together. I am very convinced that this will guide the employees of URANO into the future."
URANO has been focused on IT services for more than 30 years and now, as a part of the DATAGROUP family, can take advantage of additional services from the DATAGROUP portfolio. CORBOX - the core portfolio of DATAGROUP - enables URANO to offer additional in-house services which have not been provided before. The company will have access to topics such as SAP Services and Security Services for existing and new customers and will be able to substantially grow its business.
"By taking over URANO, we add very interesting solutions to our portfolio, for instance for the school system", says Andreas Baresel, Chief Production Officer of DATAGROUP. "We have not offered such a mature comprehensive solution in this area to date. Furthermore, URANO will contribute to a better utilization of our central CORBOX production facilities."
The transaction comprises 70 % of the shares in URANO Informationssysteme GmbH and a purchase option for the remaining 30 % of the shares after two years. This is to guarantee that the former management continues to work full-time while it also serves to support a smooth transition and soft integration of URANO into DATAGROUP. The existing shareholders have agreed on a long-term cooperation for the time after the transition phase.
The acquisition will be wholly financed from own resources. The parties have agreed to keep the purchase price confidential. The transaction is subject to further closing conditions.
06.-09.12.2021 Berenberg German Corporate Conference
23.11.2021 Publication of Preliminary Results for FY 2020/2021
12.-13.10.2021 CF&B Paris Conference
20.-22.09.2021 Berenberg German Corporate Conference
24.08.2021 Publication of Q3 Results
09.06.2021 Quirin Conference
08.06.2021 Warburg Highlights Conference
25.05.2021 Publication of Q2 and H1 Results
19.05.2021 Sector Days Berenberg US Conference
17.-19.05.2021 Equity Forum Spring Conference
11.05.2021 Stifel German SMID Cap One-on-One Forum, Frankfurt
DATAGROUP is one of the leading German IT service companies. Over 3000 employees at locations across Germany design, implement, and operate IT infrastructures and business applications such as SAP. With its CORBOX product, DATAGROUP is a full-service provider, supporting over 600k global IT workplaces for medium and large enterprises as well as public authorities. The company is growing organically and through acquisitions. The acquisitions strategy is particularly noted for its optimal integration of new companies. DATAGROUP is actively participating in the IT service market's consolidation process with its "buy and turn around" and its "buy and build" strategy.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
06.05.2021 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
+49 (0)7127 970 000
+49 (0)7127 970 033
Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt (Scale), Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange; London
EQS News ID:
End of News
DGAP News Service