The Global Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Market was valued at USD 1. 76 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 6. 72 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 25. 15% during the period of 2021-2026.
New York, Aug. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Endpoint Detection and Response Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06129743/?utm_source=GNW
Enterprises are increasingly adopting more decentralized and edge-based security techniques, due to an increasing number of data breaches worldwide. This is driving the demand for endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions.
- With the increasing adoption of cloud and cloud-based operations, poorly secured cloud databases continue to be a weak point for organizations, ranging from simple misconfiguration issues to vulnerabilities in hardware chips. There are multiple tools available widely, which enable potential attackers to identify misconfigured cloud resources on the internet. Hence, for organizations, adopting effective security solutions is of utmost importance. Moreover, quick detection and response also play a vital role in addressing such threats.
- Endpoint detection and response uses multiple approaches to detect advanced threats. Advance behavioral analysis and machine learning identify the dangerous and suspicious files. The endpoint detection and response market is mainly driven by increasing uniqueness in the attacking techniques. Furthermore, the growing volumes of data generated by different enterprises is the key factor driving the market for endpoint detection and response.
- The companies are continuously involved in product innovation processes. Recently, Mumbai-based cybersecurity company Sequretek announced the launch of Sequretek Endpoint Detection Prevention Response (EDPR). It is a comprehensive endpoint agent which offers anti-malware, patching, application whitelisting, data leakage, advanced persistent threat detection, prevention, and protection.
- The vendors offering EDR solutions are actively looking forward to collaborate their solutions with other managed security services providers. For instance, in January 2020, one of the key providers of EDR, SentinelOne, announced its partnership with CriticalStart for integrating its endpoint protection capabilities into Sentinel One’s EDR services. This has enabled the company’s endpoint protection platform to centralize, ingest, and correlate security logs. Such partnerships are expected to continue in the future.
- COVID-19 has significantly accelerated the adoption of cloud infrastructure and services along with an increase in the security budget triggered by the growth in phishing activities. According to the survey results by Microsoft released in August 2020, 36% of the total 800 respondents claimed that the budget for cybersecurity increased during the pandemic. Additionally, 42% of the respondents claimed the business changed the staffing, hiring additional security professionals.
Key Market Trends
Data Breaches in Healthcare Industry to Drive the Need for EDR Solutions
- Healthcare has been positively impacted by digitization and evolved over the past two decades to become a digitized sector. Healthcare records have been stored digitally and contain private data.
- The healthcare sector continues to adopt new technologies to offer life-critical services and treatments. Cyber threats are on the rise, due to the risk of exploitation of vulnerabilities, as unauthorized access to personal health and insurance information can lead to drastic ramifications and inflict huge personal and financial losses.
- The growing number of connected devices used by employees in the healthcare sector is leading to more information sharing. However, it is placing the endpoint at higher risk than ever before. For instance, according to an ETNO report, in the EU region alone, the number of IoT-connected devices in healthcare in 2019 amounted to 2.79 million.
- It is widespread to see smartphones, tablets, and laptops being used inside hospitals, and the data that is being accessed needs to be secured from the Internet to the endpoint. This data often contains sensitive medical information that is being shared between healthcare professionals, including medical imaging data, transcriptions, prescriptions, and more, and typically needs to be vetted by several different individuals (physicians, employers, claims processors, etc.) to determine protocols and procedures.
Asia Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth
- Asia-Pacific, which is the prominent region for becoming the manufacturing hub, is undergoing a digital transformation, due to the population and the rising labor costs, with countries, like China, being at the forefront. The country’s manufacturers use IoT for tracking assets, preventive maintenance, increasing equipment efficiency, and supply chain management. According to the China Investment Corporation (CIC) estimates, the IIoT in China is expected to reach CNY 150 billion by 2020. According to GSMA, China will account for one-third of the global industrial IoT market by 2025.
- In August 2020, Chinese researchers observed a remote command execution vulnerability in Sangfor’s Endpoint Secure Manager. In the country, the product is known as Sangfor Endpoint Detection Response (EDR) Platform. The China National Vulnerability Database (CNVD) assigned the vulnerability to CNVD-2020-46552. This newly discovered vulnerability can be exploited to remote system commands and access the endpoint detection and response management platform.
- In January 2020, Mitsubishi Electric said hackers exploited a zero-day vulnerability in the anti-virus software before the vendor patching the flaw and stole employee data and trade secrets. The company says that it restricted external access to the systems after the detection of unauthorized access. Previously, Mitsubishi used Trend Micro’s ‘OfficeScan,’ which is an endpoint detection software that uses innovative techniques, such as reputation analysis and behavioral analysis, machine learning to detect malware.
- Players present in the market ecosystem are launching their innovative solutions in India, which is further bolstering the growth. For instance, in May 2020, ESET, a cybersecurity provider, announced the ESET Enterprise Inspector’s launch, its EDR product, in India. The ESET Enterprise Inspector features machine-learning-powered detection on a wide range of telemetries, event correlation for incident chain investigations options, which are aimed to provide organizations with proactive countermeasures to rising sophisticated cyberattacks.
The market for endpoint detection and response is becoming fragmented due to the increasing data breaches cases, globally. For large organizations, storing personal data securely, in this fast-paced world, has become the most critical task. Giants, like Carbon Black, Cisco Systems, and Symantec, are developing EDR tools to cater to such organizations.
- August 2021 - Remediant announced the interoperability between SecureONE Solution and VMware Carbon Black Cloud to deliver integrated PAM and endpoint detection and response. Such technological compatibility increases opportunities for the company in the market.
- July 2021 - Cisco closed its Kenna Security acquisition, and the company may begin integrating Kenna’s risk-based vulnerability management technology with its SecureX platform.
- February 2020 - CrowdStrike launched its endpoint recovery services. The new offering combines the power of the CrowdStrike Falcon platform, threat intelligence, and real-time response to accelerate business recovery from cyber intrusions. Endpoint recovery services was introduced to fundamentally shift the traditional approach of how businesses recover from known security incident.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06129743/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001