SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 3, 2013) - F-Secure has released a new password manager that stores and encrypts data locally on the device. An available premium feature securely synchronizes passwords cross-platform across multiple devices via a European cloud. With F-Secure Key, all servers used to synchronize passwords across devices are owned and operated by F-Secure within the European Union.
"Users do not need to pay anything for the app if they don't want to," said Perttu Tynkkynen, director, Consumer Sales and Marketing at F-Secure. "F-Secure Key is completely free if users just want to use it on one device," he continued. "And the data is stored and encrypted right there on their device."
According to an F-Secure survey, 39 percent of consumers globally use just one or a few passwords for all services,* putting them at greater risk of being hacked. F-Secure Key is a secure, trustworthy solution to the password problem, so everyone can have a strong, unique password for each service, simply and easily.
"F-Secure Key addresses the lack of trust shown by consumers post-Snowden revelations," said Maria Nordgren, vice president, Consumer Security at F-Secure. "Our European security cloud is a unique asset that allows us to synchronize consumers' sensitive information like passwords across all their devices."
The personal password assistant
F-Secure Key safely stores passwords, user names and other credentials so they can be safely accessed wherever, with whatever device one is using: smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac. There's just one master password to remember -- the key to all the other passwords, which are encrypted and stored securely on the device.
Whenever the user creates a new account for an online service, F-Secure Key helps in generating a password that is both secure and unique. The app also features a real-time alert service to keep people informed about major hacking incidents targeting popular online services that might compromise their safety.
F-Secure Key is free to download and use on all supported platforms. To sync data automatically across devices, it's $15.99 per year.
- Secure and easy access to all your user names, passwords and other credentials (password manager)
- Automated log-in (PC, Mac, Android)
- Secure password generator
- News feed to keep you informed of major hacking incidents on the web
- Strong encryption to protect your data
- Intuitive and fast search to find the credentials you need
- Works on all your devices: PCs, Macs, tablets, smartphones
- Fast, automatic data synchronization across all your devices via a safe cloud from a company with a 25-year strong history as a leading security vendor
F-Secure Key can be downloaded from the following places:
- Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsecure.key
- Mac http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/key
- Windows http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/key
- Apple https://itunes.apple.com/app/f-secure-key/id627417660
*The F-Secure Digital Lifestyle Survey 2013 covered web interviews of 6,000 broadband subscribers aged 20-60 years from 15 countries: Germany, Italy, France, the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Poland, the USA, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Australia and Malaysia. The survey was completed by GfK, April 2013.
F-Secure - Protecting the irreplaceable
While you concentrate on what is important to you, we make sure you are protected and safe online whether you are using a computer or a smartphone. We also backup and enable you to share your important files. Our services are available through over 200 operators around the world and trusted in millions of homes and businesses. Founded in 1988, F-Secure is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.