Here are the complete results from the second practice session in Zandvoort ahead of this weekend’s Dutch Grand Prix.
Lando Norris set the quickest time of practice on Friday, as the McLaren driver pipped Red Bull’s Max Verstappen by just 0.023 seconds in the afternoon session.
The British driver set a 1:11.330 to put in the quickest time of the day, enough to keep him just ahead of the championship leader – Verstappen putting in a reasonably scrappy flying lap.
Oscar Piastri and Daniel Ricciardo come a cropper
With 10 minutes elapsed in the session, a mistake from Oscar Piastri at the Hugenholtz corner resulted in the McLaren ending up sideways across the track after striking the barriers. Following a few seconds behind his compatriot, Daniel Ricciardo was left with nowhere to go and ended up hitting the barriers himself as he tried to avoid hitting the McLaren.
There was a short red flag period in order to retrieve the damaged cars and reset the barriers. Ricciardo has since been taken to hospital after the crash for a precautionary check on his left hand – the Australian could be heard complaining about his hand after keeping his hand on the steering wheel through the impact.
With Norris beating Verstappen to top spot, Alex Albon continued Williams’ strong day as he finished in third place, just ahead of Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton and AlphaTauri’s Yuki Tsunoda.
Pierre Gasly finished sixth for Alpine, with Sergio Perez in seventh. Behind the second Red Bull was Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll, with the Canadian driver bouncing back from missing the morning session due to a power unit problem.
Rounding out the top 10 were Alfa Romeo’s Valtteri Bottas and Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso.
2023 Dutch Grand Prix Results – Second Practice (FP2)
1. Lando Norris McLaren 1:11.330
2. Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.023
3. Alex Albon Williams +0.269
4. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.308
5. Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri +0.390
6. Pierre Gasly Alpine +0.436
7. Sergio Perez Red Bull +0.487
8. Lance Stroll Aston Martin +0.505
9. Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo +0.527
10. Fernando Alonso Aston Martin +0.533
11. Charles Leclerc Ferrari +0.585
12. Logan Sargeant Williams +0.604
13. Esteban Ocon Alpine +0.671
14. George Russell Mercedes +0.679
15. Zhou Guanyu Alfa Romeo +0.744
16. Carlos Sainz Ferrari +0.763
17. Kevin Magnussen Haas +1.074
18. Nico Hulkenberg Haas +1.363
19. Oscar Piastri McLaren +1.571
20. Daniel Ricciardo AlphaTauri +1.766
The article F1 results: FP2 timings from Dutch Grand Prix practice (Zandvoort) appeared first on Planetf1.com.