Subscribe to The Yahoo Fantasy Basketball Podcast
Welcome back! Andy Behrens is also back, and he rejoins Dalton Del Don to discuss all things NBA in the latest fantasy basketball podcast.
In this week’s Starting Five:
1) Joel Embiid will miss tonight's game against the Knicks with a shoulder injury and could miss more time. Uh-oh! Is Al Horford is relevant again? (04:56)
2) It gets even worse for Philadelphia as Ben Simmons is dealing with a nerve impingement in his back. He'll be re-evaluated in two weeks, we'll look at whether guys like Shake Milton and Furkan Korkmaz can fill the void. (08:16)
3) LeBron James is dealing with a groin malfunction and will miss tonight's game against the Warriors. Rajon Rondo and Alex Caruso might be worth using in daily leagues or DFS in the short-term but Dalton doesn't expect the injury to impact his availability after tonight's game -- feel free to send us hate mail if we jinxed it. (13:58)
4) Steph Curry is set to return from his hand injury on Sunday. Ky Bowman and Damion Lee will see their minutes drop, but more importantly, how will this affect franchise player Andrew Wiggins? We'll also check in on waiver-wire steal Marquese Chriss. (18:42)
5) Andy explains why if he was starting a franchise tomorrow, he would take Bulls rookie Coby White over everybody. Hyperbole aside he's had 3 straight games over 30 points off the bench, but the eventual returns of Lauri Markkanen and Otto Porter, Jr. are a concern. (23:33)
Following the Starting Five, Andy and Dalton discuss pickups of the week like Minnesota's Naz Reid, Harry Giles in Sacramento with Holmes and Bagley hurt, and Gorgui Dieng in Memphis.
And we wrap up the show with In Case You Missed It. ICYMI this week: Rotoworld's Ryan Knaus wrote about team schedules for the fantasy playoffs, Kawhi Leonard wore his own jersey while on vacation, Ben Gordon wrote a piece in The Players Tribune on dealing with manic-depression and suicide, and Kevin Pelton of ESPN broke down the numbers behind Kristaps Porzingis in the post. (33:55)
Please remember to rate, review and subscribe on your podcast provider of choice and send us your questions for future episodes on Twitter @YahooFantasy.
Follow Dalton @daltondeldon
Follow Andy @andybehrens