Dublin, Sept. 15, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Biliary Atresia - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Forecast to 2030" drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market size of Biliary Atresia in the seven major markets was found to be USD 2.9 million, in 2017.
Biliary Atresia - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Forecast to 2030 delivers an in-depth understanding of the Biliary Atresia, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Biliary Atresia market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Biliary Atresia market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Biliary Atresia symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Biliary Atresia Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the Biliary Atresia market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The market report gives a thorough understanding of Biliary Atresia by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Biliary Atresia treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Biliary Atresia in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Biliary Atresia Epidemiology
The Biliary Atresia epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in The report provides historical as well as forecasted Biliary Atresia epidemiology segmented as the Total Incident Cases of Biliary Atresia, Gender-specific Cases of Biliary Atresia, and Type-specific Cases of Biliary Atresia. The report includes the Incident scenario of Biliary Atresia in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country-wise Biliary Atresia Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Biliary Atresia epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
The total Incident population of Biliary Atresiain 7MM countries was estimated to be 613 cases in 2017.
Biliary Atresia Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Biliary Atresia report encloses the detailed analysis of Biliary Atresia marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Biliary Atresia clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
There is no FDA approved therapy for treatment of Biliary Atresia. The therapeutic market size of Biliary Atresia in the US is mainly accounted for off label treatment options including choleretics such as ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA), anti-inflammatory medications, steroids, nutritional rehabilitation, and fat-soluble vitamin supplementation
Products details in the report...
Biliary Atresia Emerging Drugs
Odevixibat (Albireo) a potent and selective inhibitor of the ileal bile acid transporter (IBAT), also known as apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter (ASBT), acts locally in the gut, and has minimal systemic exposure at the therapeutic dose. IBAT initiates the transport of bile acids, which flow through the portal vein back to the liver in a process known as enterohepatic circulation. Approximately 95% of bile acids are recirculated via the IBAT to the liver.
Accordingly, a product capable of inhibiting the IBAT could lead to a reduction in bile acids returning to the liver and may represent a promising approach for treating cholestatic liver diseases. Therefore, Odevixibat works by decreasing the reabsorption of bile acids from the small intestine to the liver, which reduces the toxic levels of bile acids during the progression of the disease. It exhibits therapeutic intervention by checking the transport of bile acids.
The company presented the data from phase II trial in pediatric cholestasis that supports the potential of odevixibat in Biliary Atresia and Alagille syndrome at the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) annual conference.
Currently, the company is conducting the phase III trial for the treatment of Biliary Atresia. Both FDA and EMA also have granted Orphan Drug Designation to Odevixibat for the treatment of Biliary Atresia.
Biliary Atresia Market Outlook
The Biliary Atresia market outlook of The report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Biliary Atresia market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Biliary Atresia market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to the report, Biliary Atresia market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2017-2030.
The management and diagnosis of BA have not advanced significantly in the past decade, but given recent advances in understanding the timing and potential pathogenesis of BA, it is hopeful that the next decade will bring early diagnostics and novel therapeutics.
This section includes a glimpse of the Biliary Atresia market in 7MM. The market size of Biliary Atresia in the seven major markets was found to be USD 2.9 million, in 2017.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Biliary Atresia Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
- What were the Biliary Atresia Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Biliary Atresia total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Biliary Atresiamarket Size during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Biliary Atresia market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the Biliary Atresia market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the Biliary Atresia market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Biliary Atresia?
- What is the historical Biliary Atresia patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Biliary Atresia in 7 major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Biliary Atresia?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest Incident population of Biliary Atresia during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Biliary Atresia?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Biliary Atresia in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- What are the Biliary Atresia marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Biliary Atresia?
- How many therapies are develop by each company for the treatment of Biliary Atresia?
- How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of Biliary Atresia?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Biliary Atresia therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies develop to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Biliary Atresia and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Biliary Atresia?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Biliary Atresia?
Reasons to Buy
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Biliary Atresia market,
- To understand the future market competition in the Biliary Atresia market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Biliary Atresia in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Biliary Atresia market.
- To understand the future market competition in the Biliary Atresia market.
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3rfnmx
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900