Global Breast Cancer Screening Market
Dublin, May 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Breast Cancer Screening Market, Size, Global Forecast 2022-2027, Industry Trends, Growth, Outlook, Impact of COVID-19, Company Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Breast Cancer Screening Market will surpass US$ 52.82 Billion by 2027 from $41.75 Billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 4%
Worldwide, breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancer and a significant cause of mortality among women. Thus, early detection is required for breast cancer diseases. Breast cancer is more general in industrialized countries due to its modern lifestyle; the incidence rate increases in developing countries. In 2020, as per (World Health Organization) WHO, there were 2.3 million women diagnosed with breast cancer and 685000 deaths due to breast cancer globally.
Consequently, regular screening is essential to prevent malignancy. Breast cancer screening is a routine examination to detect breast cancer. Early detection could provide timely treatment of patients, thereby reducing the mortality rate. Breast cancer screening generally involves an MRI scan, mammography, or ultrasound.
Global drivers of the breast screening market include strengthened awareness of the benefits of breast cancer screening programs and the demand to enhance the accuracy of breast cancer detection. This, alongside a patient-centric method of screening and technological advancements to improve patient convenience, is being implemented to boost participation in screening programs, which has moved mammography X-ray screening equipment uptake.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Breast Cancer Screening Industry
COVID-19 has severely affected all medical procedures and healthcare facilities since the pandemic was declared globally in 2020. The breast screening industry was significantly affected, with many females missing scheduled mammograms.
With such a growing population of women missing breast cancer screening appointments, there is a significant problem that many more women will develop later stages of breast cancer in the coming year. Nevertheless, to help deal with the patient backlog, a considerable investment will be needed in medical staff and breast screening equipment. While the raised pressure on screening centers and hospitals to address the number of women requiring breast cancer screening.
Mammography Is Expected to Dominate in The Global Breast Cancer Screening Test Segment
The most typically used screening test for breast cancer is the imaging test, and these imaging tests are regarded as the most reliable ones. Mammography is the most widely utilized test to screen for breast cancer.
Since mammography is the standard gold method used to screen for breast cancer, governments, and other healthcare associations worldwide are taking initiatives to provide women aged 50 to 75 access to mammography screening. This boosts the global demand for mammography while laboratory and blood tests and other imaging tests are acquiring popularity.
Further, digital breast tom synthesis can expand the diagnostic accuracy of mammography and is employed to assess suspicious or equivocal, or mammography findings. Other screening tests like ultrasound and contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) play a vital role in breast cancer diagnostics, staging, and follow-up.
Region-Wise Segmentation of Global Breast Cancer Screening Market
North America currently dominates the breast cancer screening test market and is expected to continue its stronghold for a few more years. The United States holds a significant market in the North American region. This can be attributed to the rising incidence rates of breast cancer and increasing awareness among the population for the early detection of breast cancer. The presence of the expanded healthcare infrastructure is anticipated to propel the breast cancer screening market in the United States.
Global breast cancer screening major market players are AstraZeneca, Novartis, Sanofi, Pfizer, and Bayer AG. The market players contribute considerably to market maturation by embracing various strategies, including mergers and acquisitions, collaborations with the government, new product launches and technological advancements to remain competitive.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Growth Drivers
5. Global Breast Cancer Screening Population
5.1 Mammography Screening Population
5.2 MRI & Ultrasound Screening Population
6. Global Breast Cancer Screening Market
6.1 Mammography Screening Market
6.2 Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Screening Market
6.3 Ultrasound Screening Market
7. Population Share - Global Breast Cancer Screening
7.1 Breast Cancer Screening
7.2 Mammography Screening
7.3 MRI & Ultrasound Screening
8. Market Share - Global Breast Cancer Screening
8.1 Breast Cancer Screening
8.2 Mammography Screening
8.3 MRI Screening
8.4 Ultrasound Screening
9. United Kingdom - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
9.1 United Kingdom Breast Cancer Screening Population & Forecast
9.1.1 Mammography Screening Population
9.1.2 Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Ultrasound Screening Population
9.2 United Kingdom Breast Cancer Screening Market & Forecast
9.2.1 Mammography Screening Market
9.2.2 Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Screening Market
9.2.3 Ultrasound Screening Market
10. France - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
11. Germany - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
12. Italy - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
13. Spain - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
14. Switzerland - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
15. Norway - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
16. Netherlands - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
17. United States - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
18. Canada - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
19. Japan - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
20. Korea - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
21. Singapore - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
22. Malaysia - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
23. India - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
24. China - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
25. Thailand - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
26. Brazil - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
27. Australia - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
28. New Zealand - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
29. South Africa - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
30. United Arab Emirates - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
31. Saudi Arabia - Breast Cancer Screening Population & Market
32. Company Analysis
32.2 Recent Development
Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/r55itq
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900