Report Scope: The primary objective of this report is to provide in-depth knowledge of the global pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing, research and packaging market.
New York, Aug. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p01604733/?utm_source=GNW
The contract manufacturing segment is further analyzed by various dosage forms, over-the-counter (OTC) options and nutraceuticals, and drug delivery technologies.
The drug discovery and development segments of pharmaceutical research through outsourcing have been analyzed under the contract research market.The clinical research segment is further analyzed on the basis of preclinical and clinical research.
Adaptive clinical trials have also been discussed.
The contract packaging market covers primary, secondary and tertiary packaging. To analyze the primary packaging market, primary containers are categorized as blisters, bottles and others (e.g., prefillable-syringes, inhalers, vials and ampoules, caps and closures, dosing droppers, labels, accessories).
The scope of the study is global. The analyst examines each market and its application, regulatory environment, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares.
- 35 data tables
- An updated review of the global market for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing, research and packaging services within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation of market size and market forecast for global pharmaceutical contract research, manufacturing, and packaging services market, and their corresponding market share analysis by type, dosage form, formulation, application, and geographic region
- Discussion of key market dynamics (DROs), technological advancements, product launches, and regulatory landscape in the context of contract manufacturing and contract pharmaceutical research services
- Impact of COVID-19 on pharmaceutical supply chain and outsourcing practices affecting the progress of this market
- Market outlook and opportunity assessment of the contract manufacturing industry structure, and evaluation of ongoing clinical trials and R&D activities estimating current and future market demand
- Insight into the growth development strategies of the key market players operating within the global market; their key competitive landscape and company share analysis
- Descriptive company profiles of the major market players, including 3M Co., AbbVie, Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI), Baxter International Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Lonza Group, Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd., Pfizer CentreOne, and Takeda Pharmaceuticals
The nascent pharmaceutical industry of the early 20th century was comprised of companies handling drug manufacturing, marketing and distribution under one roof.The advent of the “wonder drug” penicillin during World War II changed human and animal life expectancy and also paved the way for the mass production of pharmaceuticals.
The development of new instruments and assay techniques after World War II found rapid application in the realm of medicine, as research into general physiology and therapeutics prospered. After the 1950s, technological advances coupled with the understanding of molecular science opened the door for innovation in the pharmaceutical industry. The 21st century
brought patent-protected, innovative and targeted biopharmaceuticals into the market. This also presented tough economic realities to small-molecule manufacturers in the form of expiring patents, growing threats to intellectual property, stringent regulations, shrinking pipelines, constricting profit margins and fierce competition. To deal with these issues, pharmaceutical companies started forming collaborations with contract manufacturing organizations (CROs). They also pursued mergers and acquisitions, as well as joint venture strategies, to get access to other markets.
The pharmaceutical industry, a highly innovation-driven industry, is knowledge-intense, highly globalized and diversified.It brings massive benefits to the public health and to the economy by bringing out inventive therapies.
Pharmaceutical companies squeezed by healthcare providers and governments on pricing and patent cliff approached contract manufacturing organizations to maintain their positions in this highly competitive environment.The peak of the patent cliff has passed, and research and development productivity is increasing in the industry.
Outsourcing that has been transformed from “pay for services” to “partnerships and collaborations” is considered the most successful strategy to bring innovation into the drug industry.Strategic partnerships are now prevalent during all aspects of the research and development (R&D) cycle.
In contrast to the traditional outsourcing model, this strategic partnership model shares the risks and rewards of innovation.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p01604733/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001