Executive Summary The Global Online Food Delivery Market was valued at USD 107. 26 Billion in the year 2020. Smartphone users are the primary online shoppers for the F&B industry and an increase in the number of smartphone users reflect a potential increase in online shopping for food and beverages.
New York, Sept. 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global Online Food Delivery Market (2021 Edition) – Analysis By Platform Type (Website, Application), Business Model, Payment Method (Online, Cash on Delivery), By Region, By Country: Market Insights and Forecast with Impact of COVID-19 (2021-2026)" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06131778/?utm_source=GNW
With lockdown restrictions still in place and consumers’ behaviour shifting towards convenience and speed of delivery, it can only be assumed that the rise of third-party online food delivery services will not be slowing down any time soon and one can expect to see a few new players entering the market too.
The online food delivery market is showing signs of consolidation as Just Eat acquired Takeaway.com in 2020 and also acquired Grubhub, a leading online and mobile food-ordering and delivery marketplace in a USD 7.8 billion deal in June 2021. Also, in 2019, Delivery Hero acquired Zomato food delivery business (MENA), Woowa (South Korea), DeliveryRD (Dominican Republic) and in 2020, it acquired Instashop (MENA), Glovo (Latin America). However, high delivery costs are a major deterrent for the online food delivery service providers despite the fact that online food orders for home delivery has seen consistent growth.
Based on Business Model, Order Focused Delivery System Segment is expected to grow significantly owing to the rise in expansion of business and industries, at both local and regional level.
Asia pacific region is anticipated to grow enormously in the market on account of growing consumer spending in addition to rapid urbanization in emerging nations of Asia Pacific region, backing the growth in the market. Countries such as India, China and Japan, etc., present a lucrative market for Online Food Delivery market.
Scope of the Report
• The report presents the analysis of Online Food Delivery market for the historical period of 2016-2020 and the forecast period of 2021-2026.
• The report analyses the Online Food Delivery Market by value (USD Billion).
• The report analyses the Online Food Delivery Market by Platform Type (Website, Application).
• The report analyses the Online Food Delivery Market by Business Model (Order Focused Delivery System, Logistics Based Food Delivery System, Full-Service Food Delivery System).
• The report analyses the Online Food Delivery Market by Payment Method (Online, Cash on Delivery).
• The Global Online Food Delivery Market has been analysed by countries (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain China, Japan, India, Australia, Brazil).
• The key insights of the report have been presented through the frameworks of SWOT and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis. Also, the attractiveness of the market has been presented by region, by Platform Type, by Business Model, by Payment Method.
• Also, the major opportunities, trends, drivers and challenges of the industry has been analysed in the report.
• The report tracks competitive developments, strategies, mergers and acquisitions and new product development. The companies analysed in the report include Delivery Hero, Just Eat Holding LTD., Doordash, Meituan Waimai, Grubhub, Ubereats, Postmates, Dunzo, Swiggy, Yum Brands Inc.
Key Target Audience
• Online Food Delivery Companies
• Food and Beverage Companies
• Consulting and Advisory Firms
• Government and Policy Makers
• Regulatory Authorities
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06131778/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001