Report Scope: The report analyses the global pharmaceutical packaging market based on segmentation of material, packaging type, product, and application. These segmentations are further analyzed at global, regional, and country levels.
New York, Jan. 02, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Market" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06377378/?utm_source=GNW
The base year considered for analysis is 2021, while the market estimates and forecasts are given from 2022 to 2027. The market estimates are only provided in terms of volume, kilo tons and revenue in U.S. dollars.
The scope included within various materials includes -
Plastics and polymers -
- Paper and paperboard.
- Others (rubber, wood, textile, etc.).
Based on packaging type, the market is segment into -
- Primary packaging.
- Secondary packaging.
- Tertiary packaging.
Based on product, the market is segment into -
- Plastic bottles.
- Caps and closures.
- Parenteral containers:
- IV bags.
- Others (glass containers, prefilled syringes, etc.).
- Blister packs.
- Medication tubes.
- Prescription containers.
- Labels and accessories.
- Others (cartons, boxes, paper pouches, sachets, barrel, etc.).
Based on application, the market is segment into -
- Oral drugs.
- IV drugs
- Others (nebulization, otic, etc.).
- 290 tables
- A detailed review and up-to-date assessment of the global markets for pharmaceutical packaging
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue data from 2020 to 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the upcoming market potential for pharmaceutical packaging, growth driving factors and industry-specific challenges, and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and subsegments
- Estimation of the actual market size and market forecast for pharmaceutical packaging in value and volumetric terms, and corresponding market share analysis by material, packaging type, product, application and region
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning the major market dynamics, technology advancements, regulatory scenario, pricings, policies and competitive environment of the leading market participants
- Country specific data and market value analysis for the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, South Africa, and GCC countries etc.
- Discussion of the industry value chain analysis providing a systematic study of key intermediaries involved, with emphasis on raw materials and major types of end users of pharmaceutical packaging
- Evaluation of the companies best positioned to meet the global pharmaceutical packaging industry demand owing to their proprietary technologies, product launches, mergers and acquisition deals, and other market strategic advantages
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading market players, including Amcor PLC, Berry Global Inc., Drug Plastics Group, Mondi Group and SGD Pharma
The medical field plays a vital role in human life.One of the crucial parts of the medical industry is medicine or pharmaceuticals.
In the pharmaceutical industry, packaging plays an important role.Pharmaceutical packaging maintains drug quality and is essential to protect drugs from germs, damage, outer atmosphere, and bacteria, along with safety concerns for children and old age.
Some sensitive drugs require protection from light and water as they have sensitive substances.
There are mainly three types of packaging -
- Primary packaging covers vials, ampoules, prefilled syringes, blister packs, IV containers, etc. These are package components that come in direct contact with the actual product or packages that may directly impact the pharmaceutical product’s shelf-life.
- Secondary packaging is the outside packaging for pharmaceutical products, which is used over primary packaging, or which can be used to pack the primary packages together. Secondary packaging can include cartons, shipping containers, boxes, injection trays, etc.
- Tertiary packaging can be used for bulk shipping or handling, For example, barrels, edge protectors, containers, etc.
The pharmaceutical packaging sector is stringently regulated with few variations in the rules or regulations depending on the country of origin or the region. Several factors are considered for assurance of patient safety, maintaining the quality and efficacy of the medicine/drug through the expected shelf life, keeping the uniformity of the drug from different production slots, detailed documentation of all components, materials, and processes, restrict the possible migration of packaging raw materials into the drug, resistance from external environment or oxygen, moisture, or heat, and prevention from microbial contamination.
Growing demand for pharmaceutical products, along with the increasing penetration of retail sales of drugs or pharmaceuticals in developing regions, are estimated to enhance market growth.Pharmaceutical packaging products are primarily utilized for protecting and storing liquid, solid, and semisolid forms of drug formulations, such as syrups, tablets, capsules, and topical drugs.
The rising prevalence of cancer or chronic diseases due to improper eating habits, changing lifestyles, and alternation in sleep cycles has led to an increased need for medications.
Furthermore, on account of the COVID-19 outbreak in December 2019, major biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies were engaged in the research and development of vaccines to control the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, in 2020 and 2021, the demand for glass-based vials witnessed a significant hike due to the increased COVID-19 vaccine production by companies such as Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, and Moderna.
The market is slightly consolidated in nature. It is dominated by a few leading players such as Amcor PLC, AptarGroup Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Co., Berry Global Inc., Drug Plastics Group, SGD Pharma, and other players.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06377378/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001