Dublin, Sept. 01, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Global Self-Healing Grid Market - Forecasts from 2020 to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global self-healing grid market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 27.52% to reach US$8.834 billion by 2025 from US$2.054 billion in 2019.
The increasing requirement for automation and smart solutions and technologies due to the improving industry standards and the rising concerns among the industry players in order reduce overall costs
The industry standards are improving, the product and solution requirement by the different industries is also rising and is encouraging the companies to provide automated solutions with recent technologies so as to deal with the problems effectively. The power distribution grid, which is responsible for the management or power and controlling the distribution and transmission of power is also facing different challenges as the infrastructure is getting older.
Moreover, there are rising concerns among the power grid companies and owners to adopt eco-friendly, energy saving and cost saving automation solutions so as to minimize the burden of maintenance, and labor costs. Also, as the there are other power sources being integrated in the distribution and power grid systems such as thermal power, solar power among others, the end-users are struggling to adhere to the industry standards and regulations and adopting self-healing solutions. Therefore, these factors are causing the market growth to propel over the forecast period.
The unavailability of required infrastructure and the supported technologies coupled with the lack of skilled workforce required for the maintenance and operations in the low-income regions.
The self-healing grids are also considered as one of the additional features and advancement which is used to enhance the functionality of the smart grid solutions that are being deployed in different counties globally, so as to make the related process more efficient. However, the deployment of self-healing technology or self-healing grids rakes up a high initial investment and also requires skilled labor for the maintenance of the various features. This is not possible in some of many of the low-income counties and regions, as there is unavailability of the required infrastructure and lack of skilled workforce. Hence, this factor poses as a restraint in the self-healing market growth over the forecast period.
Product launches and product offerings by Major Market Players in the Self-Healing Grid Market
The market players are highly active in the market by offering and making available a variety of smart grid and power distribution self-healing solutions with enhanced and advanced features in order to cater to the rising demands from different end-users.
Some of the examples of product launches and offerings are as follows:
- Siemens, which is one of the leading and most popular company globally and is involved in the manufacture of high-end products such as mobility, automation and software solution among others provide self-healing technology solutions for smart grids and power grids. The product that they offer is called the Self Optimizing Grid. This product is a solution that is able to provide automation and decentralized applications so as to facilitate the monitoring and remote control of the grid. The solution by the company is also able to enhance the reliability and the increasing the efficiency of grid. in addition, it can be used and applied on different levels of the grid system such as central, semi-decentralized and decentralized and in this way provide optimal performance.
- Eaton, a company involved in the manufacture and provision of products and services such as actuator and motion controllers, clutches and brakes, cylinders, engine solutions, hydraulic motors and generators among others to the different end-user such as aerospace, healthcare, oil and gas, government and military among others. It also provides smart grid and power grid solutions and products under tis wide ranged portfolio. One of the self-healing solutions it offers is called the Yukon Feeder Automation. This solution provided by the company is a software that is able to integrate real time data in order to facilitate the detection of disturbances in the distribution grid and the reconfigures the system automatically. In addition, it has some core features such as, the capability to carry out restoration in less than 2 minutes, reducing the outage time and proving voltage management among others.
The North American region is estimated to hold a considerable market share throughout the forecast period owing to the fact that the adoption of such systems is growing faster in the different states of countries such as the US. This is due to the fact that the power losses in the transmission and the distribution of electricity via power grid are estimated to be around 5%, according to the data and statistics provide by the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Moreover, there are rising investments being made by the market players in order to provide advanced and more enhanced solutions to make the management of distribution grids automated and more efficient.
On the other hand, the Asia Pacific region shows the potential to grow at a notable pace over the forecast period. This is attributed fact that the government of countries such as India are increasingly involved in order to improve the distribution sector in the country by launching programs such as the National Smart Grid Mission, which has been undertaken by the Ministry of Power.
Key Topics Covered
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Data
3. Executive Summary
3.1. Research Highlights
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Global Self-Healing Grid Market Analysis, By Application
5.2. Power Transmission
5.3. Power Distribution
6. Global Self-Healing Grid Market Analysis, By Grid Integration Source
7. Global Self-Healing Grid Market Analysis, By Geography
7.2. North America
7.3. South America
7.5. Middle East & Africa
8. Competitive Environment and Analysis
8.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
8.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
8.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
8.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
9. Company Profiles
9.3. Cisco Systems, Inc.
9.4. General Electric Company
9.6. Schneider Electric
9.7. S&C Electric Company
9.9. IBM Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vayy02
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900