Dublin, Sept. 03, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Self-healing Materials Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global self-healing materials market is expected to grow with a CAGR greater than 20% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the increasing construction of roads in developing nations. However, declining automotive production is hindering the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Self-Healing Polymers to Dominate the Market
- Currently, among the types, self-healing polymers account for the major share of the market studied.
- Self-healing polymer materials improve the functioning of various products while contributing to the extension of its life cycle.
- The polymer mimics biological healing and repairs itself when it gets damaged, without the need for any external form of intervention for detection or repair.
- In the construction industry, it is used in concrete to provide strength and increase the lifespan of buildings, bridges, etc. and in the electronics industry, it is used in screens and panels to prevent it from scratches.
- Hence, owing to the increasing demand from the above-mentioned end-user industries, self-healing polymers are likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- In the recent past, Asia-Pacific witnessed significant growth in the demand for self-healing materials especially from countries like China and India.
- The consumption of self-healing materials in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow drastically, owing to the increasing lifespan, durability, safety, efficiency, and performance.
- Countries like China and India are the leading market in this region due to the demand in the automotive, electronics, construction, and healthcare industries.
- Additionally, there has been increasing demand from the Southeast Asian countries for self-healing materials for usage in industries like construction, healthcare, etc.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increased Construction of Roads in Developing Nations
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Declining Automotive Production
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.3 Electrical and Electronics
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Acciona, S.A.
6.4.2 Apple Inc.
6.4.3 Autonomic Materials, Inc.
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Bayer AG
6.4.7 MacDermid Autotype Ltd.
6.4.8 Michelin North America Inc.
6.4.9 NEI Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/j6k2p2
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900